Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Yeah, I grinded out Ace and Sabo to get that out of the way. Still need Stylish, but I have to kill Lucci a few more times (I'm so loving tired of Enies Lobby), so it's going to be a bit before I get it.

I think I've never used stylish and I'm a few islands away from s-ranking everything, but if you want to target Lucci to unlock his skill poster, don't grind him in legend mode, instead go to dream log mode and play one of the CP9 islands to death. Dream log missions are way shorter and are more densely populated, so you can get the same amount of kizuna kills in less time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mortimer posted:

Is the 30 fps on the PS3 DQH noticeable?

I really hope a musao game isn't what gets me to buy a next gen console.

only japan got dqh on ps3 so i hope you live there

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Davincie posted:

only japan got dqh on ps3 so i hope you live there

Oh, well gently caress my previous question I thought they released it for PS3 in the US/EU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The One Piece 3 port is fine, outside of it not being PS4 graphics but that's not really a deal-breaker considering the art style.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

The One Piece 3 port is fine, outside of it not being PS4 graphics but that's not really a deal-breaker considering the art style.

Yeah, that's my feelings on it as well. Doesn't make sense why they couldn't have made it comparable to PS4 though. How much has Omega Force done on PC?

The keyboard keys for button prompts instead of 360 buttons is also kind of annoying, though I use a DS4 so it doesn't bother me as much.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Frame rates hitting single digits is when you know a warriors game is top tier. That said I haven't ever even noticed it dropping in DQH but it also has probably half the number of dudes on screen as most of the PS4 games so far.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Belzac posted:

Frame rates hitting single digits is when you know a warriors game is top tier.

I know I am in trouble in WO3 Gauntlet mode, when the frame rate starts chugging because there are 4000 soldiers and 2 dozen officers on screen at once :black101:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The missions leading up to the showdown with Velasco in DQ Heroes got really hectic, giant dudes everywhere, now I think I've just unlocked a load of what seemed to be DLC quests just before the showdown with Shadroth, I probably should attempt those after I beat him. :v:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

Question about SW4-II: in Koshosho's story, when did Magoichi die? That really freaked me out.
Ah, that was a surprisingly well done story compared to the rest, if only because of that. I went back to the cutscenes and noticed that afterwards, no one else ever responded directly. Anyway, it was at Honnoji.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
What level should I be to take on Psaro, because he's kind of wrecking me and I feel like I do pitiful damage, especially to his stupid knights. I'm level 49 with my main character and within 3 levels of that fo reveryone else.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Psaro and a lot of the post game quests were DLC in Japan and in grand tradition of Dragon Quest, they are insanely hard so it's just down to being the best you possibly can.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I did that entire fight by locking on and hitting him with a few basic string attacks from Luceus after dodging and waiting for him to finish his attack animations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So the Post Game Bounties do not gently caress around, I picked up a quest for a Longsword and ended up in a fight against a Veteran Great Hydra and Veteran Marquis De Leon at the same time, I didn't stand a chance this time. :v:

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Judge Tesla posted:

So the Post Game Bounties do not gently caress around, I picked up a quest for a Longsword and ended up in a fight against a Veteran Great Hydra and Veteran Marquis De Leon at the same time, I didn't stand a chance this time. :v:

That fight was fun, once the Veteran Marquis De Leon dies it spawns 2 more veteran mobs (a troll and that jumping statue thing) then when those die it spawns 2 others that I forget. Really good fight.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
This game still isn't hard, but it really feels like my damage output is falling way behind how much health enemies have, it took like ten minutes for me to take down Marquis De Leon the first time at level 31 and it just feels like it takes far too long to take down a Hackasaurus and Hell Guardians.. I'm not sure if I'm underleveled or what, but it's kind of frustrating.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Eopia posted:

This game still isn't hard, but it really feels like my damage output is falling way behind how much health enemies have, it took like ten minutes for me to take down Marquis De Leon the first time at level 31 and it just feels like it takes far too long to take down a Hackasaurus and Hell Guardians.. I'm not sure if I'm underleveled or what, but it's kind of frustrating.

Yup, it's first and foremost a Dragon Quest game so stuff takes a lot of damage to kill, post game content demands you be at max level and have the best equipment or you will be crushed.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Speaking of best equipment, what should I be saving my tiny medals for? I assume the metal slime shield, but is there anything worthwhile I could buy before that?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Thinking about what strange IP Dynasty Warriors would use next if I had to vote for one, it'd be either something like Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre warriors, Tactics Ogre especially more or less has a bunch of the stuff that the DW series likes to play out in it's backstory what with civil wars and all, or something like D&D Warriors, just because I'm crazy, maybe with the tavern system like Bladestorm to pick and choose generated missions.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Beat the last boss of DQHeroes. Great fun and a very charming ending to a very charming game. I'm a sucker for these kinds of things, but I like a good nostalgia-fueled love fest and DQ Heroes is certainly that. It's great to see the Musou gameplay refined in this way, and I think the game definitely makes a good first effort, although what it really needed was a lot of quality of life improvements, and better level design. More verticality and less open space.

I also think that there's a good argument to be made for not increasing the overall amount of playable characters. 12 characters is a really good fit for a game like this, as it ensures that each one is given proper depth and functionality. Beyond Isla, I can't really think of any "bad" character in the bunch, and besides the two hero characters being essentially the same, there's a nice amount of variety in how everyone plays. Alena and Maya are both combo machines, but they accomplish this in very different ways, and every character has a nice amount of depth.

I'd like to see more playable villains in the future. A playable Dhoulmagus would be a lot of fun, at the very least.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

BenRGamer posted:

Thinking about what strange IP Dynasty Warriors would use next if I had to vote for one, it'd be either something like Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre warriors, Tactics Ogre especially more or less has a bunch of the stuff that the DW series likes to play out in it's backstory what with civil wars and all, or something like D&D Warriors, just because I'm crazy, maybe with the tavern system like Bladestorm to pick and choose generated missions.

Final Fantasy seems like the most likely one given their prior cooperation with square for DQW. If that does end up happening, I hope we get at least one of the Zodiac stone carriers from FFT. Musou attack where you metamorphose into a hellspawn and ravage the enemy's very souls? :getin:

That said, if the stars aligned and Disney saw fit to let them use the Star Wars license? :flashfap:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Keeshhound posted:

That said, if the stars aligned and Disney saw fit to let them use the Star Wars license? :flashfap:

Just do what Nomura did and just catch someone important while on an elevator.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

Final Fantasy seems like the most likely one given their prior cooperation with square for DQW. If that does end up happening, I hope we get at least one of the Zodiac stone carriers from FFT. Musou attack where you metamorphose into a hellspawn and ravage the enemy's very souls? :getin:

Hate to break your dreams but EA is the only one able to make Star Wars games outside of Disney for the next 10 years, so in 11 years or so time, you may get your wish!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Judge Tesla posted:

Hate to break your dreams but EA is the only one able to make Star Wars games outside of Disney for the next 10 years, so in 11 years or so time, you may get your wish!

I knew they had the rights, I just wasn't sure of the specifics. I suppose you could theoretically get EA on board too, but...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not like Omega Force/K-T haven't collaborated with other publishers before

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I dunno if Disney is willing to have their kid-friendly universe go the way of Cia.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

twileks exist

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

I dunno if Disney is willing to have their kid-friendly universe go the way of Cia.

Yeah, Star Wars absolutely has never done that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, I specifically said Disney because Lucas isn't in charge anymore. They've been much more cautious after getting licenses compared to previous ownership in history.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Tae posted:

They're just knocked out.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

You only fight droid armies

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Mortimer posted:

You only fight droid armies

Honestly if you could actually cut them to pieces dynamically I'd love that.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Luminaflare posted:

Star Wars: Revengeance :science:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Remember that sound that played in the PS2 games when a mid-battle cutscene triggered? That sound owned

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Tae posted:

They already have, man. They've had 'vamps' and 'sultry' in the past. Even to the extent of Cia's level. Go back to Aladdin, for instance and watch the 'Jasmine tries to keep Jafar's attention for Aladdin's sake' bit again.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bloodly posted:

They already have, man. They've had 'vamps' and 'sultry' in the past. Even to the extent of Cia's level. Go back to Aladdin, for instance and watch the 'Jasmine tries to keep Jafar's attention for Aladdin's sake' bit again.

I'm not sure telling me "This company didn't change at all 20 years later along with the climate of business" is really supposed to convince me.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Luminaflare posted:

If they do that then I'll just be disappointed that they didn't do it for Trafalgar Law's attacks in PW3

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I bought DQH specifically to encourage a Final Fantasy musou game but after playing it I really hope they actually don't do it. I wanted a DQ flavored musou game but instead I got a musou flavored DQ game and it's just not the same.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mortimer posted:

Is the 30 fps on the PS3 DQH noticeable?

I really hope a musou game isn't what gets me to buy a next gen console.

a musou game is what got me to buy a next gen console :gonk:

Made it through the first few levels with the main swordman. Its.....okay I guess? Am I missing something? After SW4-ii this feels real slow. The bosses are neat though, like some kind of alternate timeline where strikeforce wasn't forgotten.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Mortimer posted:

Am I missing something? After SW4-ii this feels real slow.

As other people have said, this isn't a DQ-themed Musou game. It's a Musou-themed DQ game. It's intentionally slower, though once you get past the tutorial bits it definitely becomes more frantic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I thought Samurai 4-2 was pretty slow for a musou game, can't imagine how much slower DQ is but the 4 party dynamic might change that.