Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

:psyduck: Crud, are we still working together to take down Palpatine, or are we after Junpei and Cena now?

Nah, this is just a one off thing. Booking is hard.

Hopefully Flamander hits the Worm and becomes champ in the match he never got to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Yeah, John Cena promised Junpei to be allowed to pick his own match card and I was on board with it, but I guess Palpy needed some convincing. Thankfully a little Attitude Adjustment was all it took.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

We're gonna start in 15 minutes! http://www.hitbox.tv/IGgy
This time we'll have us a "spooky" Halloween episode.

#1 Buscus Brawl
Zore vs Nuffkins

#2 LP Superstar title #1 contenders Fatal 4 way elimination match
Dr. Rath vs Punchy vs Boob Marley vs Immortan Joe

#3 Ladder match
BFC vs Pyroi

#4 Kawaii #1 contenders match
Grim Darkflame vs DCB

#5 LP Superstar title match:
Junpei Hyde vs EclecticTastes (he's still champion, right?) normal match because I want to actually win one of those.

#6 LPFWA title match:
Fred Hope vs Flamander (who'd better win)

#0 Undertaker match:
Palpy gets buried by the Deadman.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Go, Flamander! I believe in you!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Except for #1 and 4 I don't really care who wins what, though I do hope Marley doesn't win the 4-way brawl.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Except for #1 and 4 I don't really care who wins what, though I do hope Marley doesn't win the 4-way brawl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVxO12qXZkQ

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

#1 Buscus Brawl
Zore vs Nuffkins
Result: Nuffkins pins Zore

Scene 2:
ImmortanJoe is Backstage with Loki they talk about the upcoming match and how great Junpei's booking is and how much they want to see Palpy suffer, then Lazyfire's Ghost appears. They think the ghost wants to tell them to not succumb to anger, instead Lazyfire says to murder that fucker good at his own PPV

#2 LP Superstar title #1 contenders Fatal 4 way elimination match
Dr Rath vs Punchy vs Boob Marley vs Immortan Joe
Result: Boob Marley conquers all

Scene 3:
Schir, in his old outfit, is seen talking to some people among them a security guard, he complains that he's the only one dressing up for halloween again, it turns out he isn't so alone after all.

#3 Ladder match
BFC vs Pyroi
Result: Pyroi Holy poo poo

#4 Kawaii #1 contenders match
Grim Darkflame vs DCB
Result: Darkflame pins DCB

Scene 4:
Junpei approaches Eclectic Tastes to challenge him for a friendly exhibition match between the leaders of ORAnime and ORAdical, but it's also about the title so I guess it's not a friendly exhibition. But junpei insists it's friendly as he does not bring the flaming tables. ET is actually a little sad.

#5 LP Superstar title match:
Junpei Hyde vs EclecticTastes (he's still champion, right?) normal match because I want to actually win one of those.
Result: Junpei pins ET! We have a new champion!

#6 LPFWA title match:
Fred Hope vs Flamander (who better win)
Result: Flamander takes the belt, holy poo poo! With the worm! gently caress Yeah!

#0 Undertaker match:
The Undertaker vs. Emperor Palpatine
Result:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

#0 Undertaker match:
The Undertaker vs. Emperor Palpatine
Result:

:allears:

Does this mean we move on to The Rock next week or something?

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Of loving course the one week I can watch is the first time Freddie loses a match. :bahgawd:

I'm coming back for it soon Flamander. I know I will.

Raramuffin
Nov 28, 2013

cupcake party!!
Hooooly cow, that show was crazy. Thank you for the wicked spooky match card JP.

... considering crow passed the match card over to me, it's time to get some assets in order for my own show after the PPV. B3

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I am so hype for Flamander that I don't even care about my winning a title.

We really need to split the pokeymanz belt away from the main one. I suggest an elimination chamber. The title could change hands multiple times!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Raramuffin posted:

Hooooly cow, that show was crazy. Thank you for the wicked spooky match card JP.

... considering crow passed the match card over to me, it's time to get some assets in order for my own show after the PPV. B3

But seriously Rara: 40-Palpatine Royal Rumble. Think about it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
It'll be bigger than the Dash vs El Chad match-up.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

But seriously Rara: 40-Palpatine Royal Rumble. Think about it.

This would require me to copy Palpatine 39 times, though. And that would take hours. Please don't do that. Please. Just please don't.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Yeah, that's right.

I'm JUST.

THAT.

GOOD.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

This would require me to copy Palpatine 39 times, though. And that would take hours. Please don't do that. Please. Just please don't.

You can't just select the same dude multiple times? That's loving dumb.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

You mean like remake him from scratch over and over again? Is there no blanket copy and past feature for CAWs in 2k14? Because that's also loving dumb if true.

(Not that I'm legitimately lobbying for such a match, mind you, I'm just expressing my shock that somehow 2k14 is still potentially finding ways to get even worse retroactively)

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 25, 2015

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
There is blanket copying but it does take a pretty long time for each individual copy to process. Doing that 39 times would take forever.

Anyways congratulations Junpei! I'll see you at the ppv. :getin:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Action Shakespeare posted:

There is blanket copying but it does take a pretty long time for each individual copy to process. Doing that 39 times would take forever.

Anyways congratulations Junpei! I'll see you at the ppv. :getin:

I'm warning you, as an anime I know my way around a large chest.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

You mean like remake him from scratch over and over again? Is there no blanket copy and past feature for CAWs in 2k14? Because that's also loving dumb if true.

(Not that I'm legitimately lobbying for such a match, mind you, I'm just expressing my shock that somehow 2k14 is still potentially finding ways to get even worse retroactively)

I don't have to make him from scratch. I'll just have to select copy from my sweet-rear end menu. Only problem is that this game has notoriously long load times. Now, imagine how long it takes to save Palpatine to a different slot 39 times.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Lazyfire's Phantom Foretells Wrestler's Annihilation

I wish I had been paying more attention to the time today.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

That's too bad, he's a pretty lame character compared to the other 3.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
drat, I wish I hadn't been under the weather for the LPFWA today. let's see what the match card was... drat! I have a match! Aw, man, and I'm gonna miss it! Well, let's scroll down a bit and see...

...nope! The streak remains unbroken! Whooo!

One day I'll win a match. One day. And it will be glorious.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Pyroi posted:

Yeah, that's right.

I'm JUST.

THAT.

GOOD.
Yeah, being able to change a lightbulb under 40 minutes is something we should all aspire to.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

24.10.2015 JUNPEI RULZ (spooky) - Lightbulb Problems Fixed With Animals (anilEhilated)

So, no LPFWA next week due to actual Halloween.
Also: DST is over here now. So until the rest of the world follows times for shows might be a little different for you people. (But the same for me, ha)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I completely forgot about Boob's pants! Yeah, he should have won that match just for that. Good for'em.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Holy poo poo that ladder match, make Pyroi #1 contender for the world title.

Looking forward to Rara's match card.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Upon review, I find it hilariously ironic that Palpatine beat the Undertaker using a Last Ride. Even WWE 2k14's bonkers AI knows that Palpatine is a goddamn troll :allears:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Upon review, I find it hilariously ironic that Palpatine beat the Undertaker using a Last Ride. Even WWE 2k14's bonkers AI knows that Palpatine is a goddamn troll :allears:

Not a Last Ride, a crucifix powerbomb, even better!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

drat, I wish I hadn't been under the weather for the LPFWA today. let's see what the match card was... drat! I have a match! Aw, man, and I'm gonna miss it! Well, let's scroll down a bit and see...

...nope! The streak remains unbroken! Whooo!

One day I'll win a match. One day. And it will be glorious.

It's alright, DCB. It was a good match, and I think the arena gave me an advantage. Sinister, black, covered in skulls and such, that's pretty metal. Maybe next time we'll fight in a Starbucks, I dunno. I mean, I'm up for that, coffee can be metal, Dethklok said so themselves.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

TheDarkFlame posted:

It's alright, DCB. It was a good match, and I think the arena gave me an advantage. Sinister, black, covered in skulls and such, that's pretty metal. Maybe next time we'll fight in a Starbucks, I dunno. I mean, I'm up for that, coffee can be metal, Dethklok said so themselves.

It's okay, the Kawaii Division needs jobbers too. I can take one for the team. ;)

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Hey, I heard you guys were (maybe) looking for new blood for the rosters and I think I'm just the guy for the job (or not).

Name: Rather Watch Them
Gender: Male (I can be a woman if you need it. It's in my resume under "Special Skills" :smug:)
Your Twitter: @RatherWT
Appearance: Younger Tom Cruise type, purple-black dress shirt and red skinny jeans, overall smug-looking.
Type: High Flyer, with a minor in Grappling
Signature Moves: The Romeo (Diving crossbody), The Hamlet (Reverse bulldog)
Finishing Move: Curtain Call (Blockbuster)
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRT3ygmfdBs
Hometown/Country: Spokane, Washington
Announcer Name: Rattle Watson
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: An out of work stage actor who didn't read his contract before jumping in here. Likes to recount his previous roles as preparation for his matches. Not afraid of adopting awful gimmicks for a promo or two.

Raramuffin
Nov 28, 2013

cupcake party!!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It's okay, the Kawaii Division needs jobbers too. I can take one for the team. ;)

When kawaii tag teams finally become a thing we can job together. Just imagine the jobbortunities! :3

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I don't suppose those are actually supported on this game. To be fair though, we've got so few female wrestlers that it wouldn't make much difference.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I don't remember how many ladywrasslors we've got but it's more than a handful. We should have a Kawaii Battle Royale one of these days so everyone gets some screen time.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

TheDarkFlame posted:

I don't suppose those are actually supported on this game. To be fair though, we've got so few female wrestlers that it wouldn't make much difference.

Okay, so, here's a thing I wanted to actually announce when I posted the results of the last show but then forgot.

I'm gonna allow everyone currently in LPFWA to submit a character of the opposite gender if they wish. Eclectic Tastes wanted to push that a couple weeks ago, but I was against it at the time for some reason I don't remember. Probably related to there being too many CAWs in the end, at least that's why I didn't allow it in the beginning. But I don't expect everybody to jump on that opportunity anyway.

It just might take me some time to implement all of them given my recent CAW output.

If you wanna make your own be sure to do it and inform me BEFORE Saturday. Because I'm not gonna be in town on Saturday. (There also won't be a show this Saturday, but the one after that, I'm sure. Unless...)
Because the servers officially shut down on the 31st. Because 2k wants all of us to buy the next product in this most prestigious line of sports entertainment video games.

Rather Watch Them posted:

Hey, I heard you guys were (maybe) looking for new blood for the rosters and I think I'm just the guy for the job (or not).

Name: Rather Watch Them
Gender: Male (I can be a woman if you need it. It's in my resume under "Special Skills" :smug:)
Your Twitter: @RatherWT
Appearance: Younger Tom Cruise type, purple-black dress shirt and red skinny jeans, overall smug-looking.
Type: High Flyer, with a minor in Grappling
Signature Moves: The Romeo (Diving crossbody), The Hamlet (Reverse bulldog)
Finishing Move: Curtain Call (Blockbuster)
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRT3ygmfdBs
Hometown/Country: Spokane, Washington
Announcer Name: Rattle Watson
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: An out of work stage actor who didn't read his contract before jumping in here. Likes to recount his previous roles as preparation for his matches. Not afraid of adopting awful gimmicks for a promo or two.
Noted, but sorry if I take a year or two... I'm not the fastest anymore :(

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

As an actor, I have come to expect a long excruciating wait before hearing my results.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Neat.

Name: Diana
Your Twitter: @TimeStop420
Appearance: A lady version of DIO
Type: Heavy Hitter with a smattering of Suplexes
Signature Moves: I still know nothing about wrestlemen, so whatever looks the coolest.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBf6BjdEPjs
Hometown / Country: Another Time
Announcer Name: The Majestic Immortal Superstar
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff (please note that I may ignore or adjust your suggestions here): Face, rents out a room near where Dedede lives, heard through the grapevine that LPFWA pays enough to cover rent. Also might be a vampire???

Pyroi fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 27, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I was about to submit another wrestler but stopped because it'd just wind up being another Star Wars character :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Blind Sally posted:

I was about to submit another wrestler but stopped because it'd just wind up being another Star Wars character :/

I think you have a problem.

• Locked thread