Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

this dlc is extra spooky for halloween as it revives the ghost of keyboards past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Definitely agree with Kaboobi, it's pretty funny that a week so close to launch would be such an obvious Keys callback. Also, why is it advertised as an '80s theme but not actually bundled as a pack? I've always thought the lack of decade packs was criminal. Maybe they're intentionally avoiding them.

This week falls firmly into "wishlist" territory for me. Some good party hits, but RB3 will be my party machine for the foreseeable future, and none of these appeal to me enough for a week 1 purchase.

flakeloaf posted:

Rocky Horror Soundtrack. Make it happen.

We converted the Rocky Horror tracks from GH ("Time Warp", "Sweet Transvestite", and "Hot Patootie") as C3 customs! RB3 only, of course, but hey. Also doing Keys on some of those was a loving nightmare.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah, pretty much any Depeche Mode DLC at this point is just like "ha ha good luck having any fun without keys"

The Singer's Choice Pack

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

TrojanNemo posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I think it's hilarious how some people earlier on were bitching about having to buy RB3, and/or having to then pay to export it. I'm sure they prefer to just pay $166 for the 83 songs one at a time instead. Am I rite?!
I'm all for paying those for $15, but that may be just me.

Also, I just had some new developments on my end, sooo while I thought I was going to spend all of October deep in RB4 and GH:L, my son said "gently caress you and your music games, I'm coming early" and he was born yesterday. Sooo god knows when I'll be able to play again. But hey, parenthood!

3 pages late, but congratulations on the baby! Enjoy the first few months and lay off the vidya, you need to experience this. :)

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Thats a weird choice for INXS. I'd rather have had Devil Inside or Need You Tonight or even New Sensation if they wanted to really hit the 90s vibe.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

gypsyshred posted:

Thats a weird choice for INXS. I'd rather have had Devil Inside or Need You Tonight or even New Sensation if they wanted to really hit the 90s vibe.

Need You Tonight is in RB3

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Sooooo, there's zero chance Harmonix adds keyboard support in an update right? I swear I heard in the thread that the stems for keys aren't broken out, but I can't remember at this point.

pksage posted:

IT'S PAST 10 AM WHERE'S MY DLC ANNOUNCEMENT HAMDIX :argh: :argh: :argh:

I'm getting flashbacks to five years ago...

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Why is Amazon trying to charge me tax on RB4 box set all of a sudden? I had pre ordered one and didn't get charged tax. Now I'm trying to buy a second box set and they're trying to charge tax. I've never gotten charged tax on anything on Amazon before.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Why is Amazon trying to charge me tax on RB4 box set all of a sudden? I had pre ordered one and didn't get charged tax. Now I'm trying to buy a second box set and they're trying to charge tax. I've never gotten charged tax on anything on Amazon before.

what state are you in

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Michigan. I've never been charged tax before on Amazon. Ever.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Looks like Michigan's online sales tax started October 1, 2015.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

enjoy paying tax on amazon now

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/09/michiganders_to_pay_more_at_on.html

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

God dammit Rick Snyder you oval office

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I just noticed this as well in Michigan, gently caress this forever.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

are you telling me you weren't already reporting your online purchases on your taxes at the end of every year?
:wow:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Sir Tonk posted:

Sooooo, there's zero chance Harmonix adds keyboard support in an update right? I swear I heard in the thread that the stems for keys aren't broken out, but I can't remember at this point.

Correct, keys are baked into the backing track for RB4, just like RB1-2. You can tell on songs like Short Skirt/Long Jacket, where the trumpet starts right away and THEN the count-in happens, rather than the other way around. I highly, highly doubt keys are ever coming back. If they do, they'll only work for legacy keys songs, and 2015-2016 will just be another 2007-2010 where nothing has keys support.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
We could wind up with a paid expansion like Bass in the original Rocksmith, but yeah. Wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Looks like all 83 songs in RB3 will export?

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/658739534364962816

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
I can understand using the lack of keys as an excuse to chart a synth part to the guitar, but charting the vocoder to harmonies gets a :crossarms: from me.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

pksage posted:

We converted the Rocky Horror tracks

Hot Patootie

Keys

:stonk:

You people are lunatics.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Where the hell is the Cake DLC, Harmonix

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Where the hell is the Cake DLC, Harmonix

Dude, they've had, like, three weeks of new DLC, give them a bit.

Or just play the, what, 8 Cake custom songs already in RB3?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

Yeah, pretty much any Depeche Mode DLC at this point is just like "ha ha good luck having any fun without keys"

The Singer's Choice Pack

Eh, I don't entirely agree. Yeah, there's a lot of keys in DM stuff, but there's a lot of their tunes that have neat Martin Gore riffs.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Is Bark at the Moon still not available on Xbone? The rest of the pack (sans Mama, I'm Coming Home, which was another pack-only song) is there, but I can't see BatM anywhere on the Xbox store or in-game.

HAMDIX :sassargh:

edit: oh okay, those won't be available until the pack goes up at some point

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 26, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pksage posted:

Correct, keys are baked into the backing track for RB4, just like RB1-2. You can tell on songs like Short Skirt/Long Jacket, where the trumpet starts right away and THEN the count-in happens, rather than the other way around. I highly, highly doubt keys are ever coming back. If they do, they'll only work for legacy keys songs, and 2015-2016 will just be another 2007-2010 where nothing has keys support.

That's so disappointing. Really wish they could've left them broken out just in case they wanted to add it as a voluntary update.

At least I've still got my 360.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Or just play the, what, 8 Cake custom songs already in RB3?

The fact that we only did five Cake songs during C3 (SS/LJ, The Distance, I Will Survive, Never There, Opera Singer) is one of my personal shames. If I had twice as much free time as I do, I would go through and at LEAST do guitar charts for...hmm. Comanche, Up So Close, Jolene, Haze of Love, You Part the Waters, Is This Love?, Rock 'n' Roll Lifestyle, I Bombed Korea, Mr. Mastodon Farm, Ain't No Good, all of Fashion Nugget except She'll Come Back to Me and Sad Songs and Waltzes, Satan Is My Motor, Guitar, You Turn the Screws, Walk on By, Sheep Go to Heaven, When You Sleep, Hem of Your Garment, Alpha Beta Parking Lot, Let Me Go, all of Comfort Eagle except World of Two, No Phone, Dime, Carbon Monoxide, The Guitar Man, Waiting, She'll Hang the Baskets, Tougher Than It Is, Mustache Man, Sick of You, Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town, Strangers in the Night, War Pigs, and Mahna Mahna. At least. :colbert:

My ideal Harmonix Cake pack: Jolene, Open Book (guitarrrrrr), Daria, I Will Survive, Let Me Go, Opera Singer. Or just the full album for Fashion Nugget.
Likely Harmonix Cake pack: The Distance, Never There, Sick of You. :smith:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Well now my life won't be complete until I've played Rock and Roll Lifestyle on plastic guitar. :colbert:

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
You skipped "Ruby Sees All" get out.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ruby Sees All is my favorite Cake song but you mentioned Comfort Eagle so we're cool

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

flakeloaf posted:

Rocky Horror Soundtrack. Make it happen.

This so hard. Oh so hard. I got an itch to scratch that only Rock Horror Picture Show can take of. As a matter of fact, the reason that I got started getting involved with customs was to convert the RHPS pack from GH WoR. I got help from the GHtoRB3 guys, figured out the rest, and bam. My first Rock Band customs were those three. Then when C3 came around pksage graciously took them on and added keys/pro keys and yes, it was a nightmare. But they're awesome songs. I bought the 35th Anniversary Blu-Ray AND a blu-ray drive for my computer just so I could rip the 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio songs. Unfortunately that didn't pan out until useful karaoke/multitracks and I never got around to charting the rest of the songs. That's probably my biggest shame as an author.

Merijn posted:

3 pages late, but congratulations on the baby! Enjoy the first few months and lay off the vidya, you need to experience this. :)

Thanks! It's an interesting experience. It immediately made me lose my fear of handling babies (even with toddler and infant nephews) and it's clear to see the bond we already have together. But at the same time I feel like the same kid I thought I was before he was born you know. It's weird. Also, babies sleep a lot! So while he's been sleeping I've been playing lots of Uncharted, trying to finish the Collection. But I'm definitely going to be there at every milestone :-)

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

pksage posted:

all of Fashion Nugget except She'll Come Back to Me
But but but I love this song. And it'd be fun on bass! The rest of your entirely theoretical list is great though.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Gaspar Lewis posted:

You skipped "Ruby Sees All" get out.

Babe Magnet posted:

Ruby Sees All is my favorite Cake song but you mentioned Comfort Eagle so we're cool

Okay jeez sorry! :ohdear: I was mostly going from memory on Motorcade, it's been a while since I sat down and listened to it. Ruby Sees All is indeed good and I should have included it.

Now to just sit down and author these ~50 songs, see you nerds in 2024!

Nyxyxylyth
Apr 4, 2013

TrojanNemo posted:

Also, babies sleep a lot! So while he's been sleeping I've been playing lots of Uncharted, trying to finish the Collection.
Noobsauce parents are so cute. Looking forward to your 60 day update, where you find out how much babies actually sleep!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Lmao newborn babies sleep a lot,yeah. But they don't stay newborn very long. You'll find that out eventually though. Wait til they go through the "will only fall asleep on you" phase. You'll get a lot done with your days then.

Soon it'll be "hey babe can you distract our child in the other room for 8 minutes so I can play 3 rock band songs please? No she can't be in the same room because there's a 99% chance she will turn off the Xbox because it has a stupid light up capacitive button, or she will want to sit on my lap while I drum. Seriously just 3 songs. Ok fine I'll only play 2 today."

But it's worth it because having a kid is awesome and in the grand scheme of things it's just a dumb video game.

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 27, 2015

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

Comfort Eagle is one of my favorite songs ever, and I've listened to plenty of Cake yet can't pull up Ruby Sees All in my head. What makes it better, to you?

Man, Comfort Eagle is fuckin' rad.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That guy should stop playing fake band games and spend time with his wife and child.

Also congrats on being a dad. It gets a poo poo ton easier when they can talk.

Norns fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 27, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Comfort Eagle is one of my favorite songs ever, and I've listened to plenty of Cake yet can't pull up Ruby Sees All in my head. What makes it better, to you?

Man, Comfort Eagle is fuckin' rad.

Honestly I have no idea why I rank Ruby Sees All over Comfort Eagle (likely just a time/place thing, it resonates with me for some stupid reason or whatever) but agreed on Comfort Eagle being super loving cool

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Norns posted:

That guy should stop playing fake band games and spend time with his wife and child.

But my wife loves playing Rock Band with me, and we both hoped the kid would join our band?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

TrojanNemo posted:

But my wife loves playing Rock Band with me, and we both hoped the kid would join our band?

I'm having a kid in 3 months, I'm binge playing every game I can right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
The period between baby being too old to sleep and too young to wield drumsticks is the worst part of being a Rock Band Dad.