Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
This is what I am thinking

I am loving retarded

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/wwlxq43psi/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Gibbo posted:

I know, that's why I'm playing.

I just link TF2 anytime anyone says HAT COLLECTOR like it's an insult. it's a joke

Ah. Well then. Carry on.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Hey someone give me a key. I gotta harass Grithok.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
servers up, but can they stay up?

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

All 25 channels are full, and it is like 12am in the morning

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
no love lost, i'm getting an error message on the server connect screen in all gibberish anyway

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

hubris.height posted:

servers up, but can they stay up?

Got kicked, but I can't get back in. :(

RyanManRules
May 31, 2006

I got to attack a crystal it was stellar.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm on the program window and the Start button isn't even a select-able option.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Frozen in channel 23, awaiting it to self-destruct.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Server's unstable, game is crap, pre-order cancelled, 0/10

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I got to run around for a second. Then I encountered the toughest enemy in the game in the first zone.

Curse you, recv invalid packet 2, I will never defeat you! :argh:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Zemyna going to be up in a bit, goons are moving there.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Welp, servers are choking to death. Gonna turn in for some sleep while they put out fires. I'll try this again in the morning.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Guess we're on Zemyna after all!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I moved to Zemyna, there is 45 channels instead of the 25 on Laima and its pretty empty!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Okay, I lied. I was able to get in to the Zemyna server and now I'm level 11. Its not bad to far. Gotta spend some time looking at the controls and options but I've reached the New Prontera. Having a lot of fun so far as an Archer. In the game as Naolin.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
got in on z server as Hugh

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Got in to Zemya as CaoNiMa the cleric, game is fun so far. Lag is bearable, seems the client is trusted a lot and it doesn't influence combat that much. Picking up quests or items from the ground does take a while.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
I am amazed that we can actually log in and play with only some lag spurts here and there. The chat ticker at the top of the screen really gives it a twitch chat feel too, which is actually great and it's small enough to ignore when you don't care.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Is UI mode working for anyone playing with a controller right now? I can move the cursor and highlight things, but can't select anything with any controller buttons. The button to hold down to move the cursor faster works.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

been leveling up with friends, it goes fast

careful with some dialog options that launch boss events. If someone is not on that step, they don't enter and can't enter.

we are about level 26 and the game armps up in difficulty since there are npcs with quests that don't show up on the map

once you finish the mines talk to everyone you come across

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm also really impressed the the servers are not a smouldering wreckage. Lag is more pronounced than the smaller first test, but it's still totally playable for a stress test.

Some changes I've noticed from the first test so far:

I found a rad named shield called "Meteor" from the infamous giant red kepa near the mining town, it has a chance on being hit to proc a self regen that almost heals me to full. I never found any kind of interesting named loot in the entire first test. Seems like they're implementing more gear.

There's a new monster in the crystal mines that's like a stationary vine that lives on its one tile and seems to spawn more of itself and have no upper limit on how much it can grow. As a result, I found a secluded corner of the mine where they had literally grown into every tile in the entire room, like a thick jungle. I gained half a level just clearing them out with numbers flying everywhere, and found a (rare) level 2 treausre chest at the end of the corridor, which gave a sweet necklace.

The best change I've noticed is that the exp curve so far is muuuuch more bearable than the first test (at least in the lower levels). In the first test, unless you were grinding, by the time you get into the crystal mines the minibosses start becoming absolute chores because they have so much HP and you're not leveling fast enough to keep up via quests. Now, I'm about level 30 as I cleared the crystal mines (this took the entire next zone and some grinding to hit in the first test) and I've been slam dunking every boss so far on my not particularly min-maxed Krivis, which is how it should be in the first few hours of the game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I love how my healing magic hurts all mater of mobs now and not just undead. Cure is an absolute death zone. Im thinking of just not getting safety zone thing and just maxing cure, heal and deprotect zone.

e- The fps is all over the place. FFXIV gets more stable performance than this right now and this is with a 980ti and a i7 at 4.0ghz. I think its just all the player characters on screen at the time.

Im going to make a g13 profile, the keyboard works well enough but my brain cant parse normal attack and skills being the way they are.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 27, 2015

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Controller support works surprisingly well (for combat), especially for melee guys. I encourage everyone to give it a try.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I was having some pretty gnarly fps drop during the mine boss in particular, when he was making GBS threads those energy balls everywhere.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I made an archer on Zenmiya. I shot an onion and some fluffballs and then I learned how to sit. Game is pretty cool.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Scoss posted:

I'm also really impressed the the servers are not a smouldering wreckage. Lag is more pronounced than the smaller first test, but it's still totally playable for a stress test.

Some changes I've noticed from the first test so far:

I found a rad named shield called "Meteor" from the infamous giant red kepa near the mining town, it has a chance on being hit to proc a self regen that almost heals me to full. I never found any kind of interesting named loot in the entire first test. Seems like they're implementing more gear.

There's a new monster in the crystal mines that's like a stationary vine that lives on its one tile and seems to spawn more of itself and have no upper limit on how much it can grow. As a result, I found a secluded corner of the mine where they had literally grown into every tile in the entire room, like a thick jungle. I gained half a level just clearing them out with numbers flying everywhere, and found a (rare) level 2 treausre chest at the end of the corridor, which gave a sweet necklace.

The best change I've noticed is that the exp curve so far is muuuuch more bearable than the first test (at least in the lower levels). In the first test, unless you were grinding, by the time you get into the crystal mines the minibosses start becoming absolute chores because they have so much HP and you're not leveling fast enough to keep up via quests. Now, I'm about level 30 as I cleared the crystal mines (this took the entire next zone and some grinding to hit in the first test) and I've been slam dunking every boss so far on my not particularly min-maxed Krivis, which is how it should be in the first few hours of the game.

The vines aren't new, the shield isn't new, and yes, the exp rate seems like it will be literally 10 times better. Can't wait to get home so I can play more!

Silento fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 27, 2015

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Sacro posted:

I am amazed that we can actually log in and play with only some lag spurts here and there. The chat ticker at the top of the screen really gives it a twitch chat feel too, which is actually great and it's small enough to ignore when you don't care.

You can turn it off with the options menu attached to your chat entry box, unless they changed it. Not very intrusive though.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I press enter on Zemnya and it just pops up connecting to server...then nothing :saddowns:

Do I just have to keep spamming enter?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So is this one of those games where you can just gently caress up your character from the get go?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yes. Lets go gently caress each other.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

The Quake posted:

So is this one of those games where you can just gently caress up your character from the get go?

Look I need the int so my swordsman abilities do more damage okay. :shittydog:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I've been dumping spirit into my swordsman

gotta spam stuff mang

also stuffed all my boss cards into each other and lost it in a card game

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cleric has to be one of the most schizo classes because they can make use out of everything. drat I wish monk and paladin were closeron the circles because they dump like 3 int classes on you bedfore the str ones. At least they are being faithful to TO in that regard

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I'm just going roughly 3:1 or 4:1 STR:DEX ratio on my Archer, with a little CON sprinkled in later on for survivability. Seems to be working well.

Can confirm so far that Archer c2 is nice. Controller support is loving nice.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
This is pressing my Ragnarok Online buttons right in the middle, game is charming, but performance wise it runs worse than Witcher 3 for some reason. I'm assuming server lag is in cause, especially since I'm from EU.
Quick question, are random trash mobs tagged by the attacking player and you are "stealing" xp if you hit someone's (like in RO or WoW or 90% of MMOs), or hitting mobs has no consequences and everyone is in a happy place receiving full xp and loot (like GW2) ?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Is this like RO where stats/skills have absolutely 0 takebacks and you have to reroll if you ever gently caress it up

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.

Hivac posted:

Is this like RO where stats/skills have absolutely 0 takebacks and you have to reroll if you ever gently caress it up

I think theres been talks about being able to do some sort of stat reset as a cash shop item, which would make sense seeing as they need to somehow make a profit on this game. Currently in the beta I dont think theres a way to reset them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The stat/skill reset scrolls already exist and are in the game to buy with their iCoin currency.

Who knows if you will be able to get them without paying money in the final product. I doubt it.

• Locked thread