Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 26: The Rise of the Witch:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kxVQ3qglE
:siren:

Knights we recruited last time
Morozof Mohr Jensen of the 5th Order

”The Cardinal’s knowledge surpasses that of an average human…”
Class: Warrior
Atlus.com say this of Morozof:
”A highly intelligent general who is revered for his sage-like wisdom. He has a penchant for good drink, and good company.”
The Tome of Lost Souls says:
Grand Sage
“Morozof is a veteran commander with an incredible insight into all matters, and he was the first to notice the conspiracy against the Prince. Outside of his knightly duties, Morozof takes great pleasure in drinking with his old time friends: Rondine and Granitz.”

Atkasia N. Velden of the 5th Order

”Neredo has been a problem since she was a child.”
Class: Duelist
Atlus.com say this of Atkasia:
”The slightly more mature half of the two sisters. She is stern with both herself and others.”
Scarlet Rage
“She is Neredo’s older and more mature sister. Atkasia can be just as brash and cocky as her younger sister, but she has enough self-reflection to control herself. Nevertheless, she and her sister still argue with each other like young children, and it can upset their comrades, especially Lakshmi.”

BOSS FIGHT FROM LAST TIME: LEONIL THE GLADIATOR

Illustrator Kiyuduki posted:

I received approval for the weapon designs first, but then I was in a bind because I had to envision a way of making him actually hold them…! The only thing I could dream up was for him to wear one on his waist and to carry two on his back, hooked onto spikes.

Game Designer Ito posted:

Regarding Leonil, people want to hire him because he’s so skilled with the sword. He’s the kind of guy who takes pride in the fact that his ability is what keeps him alive. We designed him like a villain in both appearance and personality, and I hope that’s easy to understand, especially since even we had trouble understanding the story at times.

Voting results:

Theonil: 1
Josef: 1
Fritz: 2
None: 1

Frances: 3
Minotta: 1

Looks like Fritz and Frances will be our new Warrior and Hermit, respectively. We'll put them to work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

:byodood: I SHALL SMITE THEE.

That was quick, I was expecting them to stall for a bit longer before throwing the next big name general at us. Capehorn's really down on his luck - losing both his generals more or less at once on top of everything else has to sting quite a bit. I have to wonder if he's got something bigger up his sleeve, or if he's going to get phased out in favour of Team Underworld.

...though I guess it's always possible she'll run off before we can finish her.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So, you keep waiting for items to respawn to see if they have any new Key items. Are you avoiding looking at a guide to find out how many items are in a stage to keep the LP authentic to a regular player's experience? Or do you just not know of a guide that does this?

And for those who liked the Leonil fight, you are going to love the Aquina fight.

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

The saddest day in Octavian's life was the day he was asked to shave his mustache.
Ahh hair charms... clearly Wilmgard is Algiery's senpai.
Gotta say I love that no matter what, Wilmgard's cape is always in motion.

Looking forward to the Aquina fight, she seems pretty badass.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
The hair charm is not weird in the least, actually. In medieval times, ladies would sometimes weave a lock of their hair into a charm to give as tokens of affection to a knight before he rode off to battle, or even just as a symbol of "I like you, and here's proof you can show your friends" to whoever their beau might be. It was less about hair and more about it being a part of her that he could carry around, which was soft and smelled nice (especially as a contrast to hard, bloody armor). Also I don't know if the king actively sniffed it, or if it was just super scented, as such charms often were. The charms were typically meant as a memento*, and scent is the sense most strongly tied to memory; making it smell like herself, usually by dousing it in her perfume, would probably be part of the point. Whether "remember me" was just for giving the recipient moments of happy memories between doing unpleasant things like war, or a reminder that they've got someone at home and that should be all they need (insert arched eyebrow and finger waggle here :v:), or whatever else, was on an individual basis.

I'm not sure when they fell out of fashion, but I can take a guess at a few likely contributors:
1. People would have to eventually realize that "faking" them was super duper easy. Anyone's hair (not necessarily even human hair, if it could pass) + some random perfume = welp, got another one. It's kind of hard to prove whose hair is whose based on color.
2. Stalkers assembling them from stolen hair and perfume, which is just as creepy as it sounds (and probably still happens occasionally even today :gonk:).
3. The rise of barbers, and subsequent shift in ideas on castoff hair. (part of me vs. not part of me)

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

BlazeEmblem posted:

So, you keep waiting for items to respawn to see if they have any new Key items. Are you avoiding looking at a guide to find out how many items are in a stage to keep the LP authentic to a regular player's experience? Or do you just not know of a guide that does this?

And for those who liked the Leonil fight, you are going to love the Aquina fight.

I don't use a guide. What I do is play the stage a time or two beforehand and smash the objects to see which ones bring key items. So, I know and have a plan before I start recording. The waiting for an object to respawn is to demonstrate to the viewer that there's no more key items. The more I think about it, it's a holdover from the early days of the LP when I was trying to cover game mechanics and showing how to get key items. Funny you should bring it up...I've been debating on just getting the key items and ending the level, to maybe streamline the videos a little...

Felinoid posted:

Hair charm stuff

That is interesting, I'm not sure I've ever heard of hair charms, but part of me thinks I've seen them in movies before. And yeah, I have to admit they would be pretty personal. Nowadays if your girlfriend whips out her phone and takes a selfy to send to you...you can't even sniff it! :D

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love how Wilmgard is an unstoppable, absolute force beyond anyone else and everyone knows it. The Cardinal knows it, the super-monster knows it, the only one who doesn't seem to know it is Aquina and she'll learn it soon enough.

Also this must be the first time in my life that I see the dead not being allowed in the living world as something said by a villain. It's usually a hero thing, how weird.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
Do we ever find out if text that appears after a fight accompanied by the creaking (rocking chair?) sound is supposed to represent a particular character speaking to the Wisp?

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
That has not been revealed yet...I can't remember exactly when, but it's late in the game.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 27: A Man with a Lion's Heart. Clash with the Sniper Aquina:siren::siren: :toot:AWESOME MUSIC THIS ROUND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYkHakmem5Q

KNIGHTS WE RECRUITED LAST TIME:
Bordeau Bach Fredric of the 1st Order

”Our king belongs on his throne.”
Class: Archer
Atlus.com say this of Bordeau:
”A man who lives to serve the king in his every move. His skilled decision making and quick reactions win him the respect of his order.”
Standing Reed
“Though he appears exceptionally slender and frail, his is actually quite hearty. Bordeau is a quiet man who believes actions speak louder than words. He may not always voice just how proud he is to be a knight or how loyal to the King he truly is. Some find him to be socially awkward at times, but he has been fortunate enough to earn the trust and respect of many key individuals.”

Rudolf M. Kialoster of the 5th Order

”I have nothing but regrets…”
Class: Lance Knight
Atlus.com say this of Rudolf:
”An expert spearman, Rudolf is known for his martial knowledge. He and his wife, Magda, undertook the knight’s oath together.”
Hallowed Protector
“Contrary to the philosophy of many, Rudolf strongly believes that the best offense is a good defense. As such, he is an obsessive collector and expert on different types of armor, and those around him are often forced to listen to him ramble on for days at a time. He suspected Cardinal Capehorn had ordered the assassination of Azhan, and he laments not having taken action to stop it. He is married to Magda, another knight.”

Note: Azhan is (was?) the leader of the Tiamats. We have seen a few pause talks from Alonso referring to him.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

So we have finally fought Aquina.

I played this fight last week for the first time in a few years, since this LP convinced me to play the game again. I remembered that I found her difficult, but I couldn't remember why, since none of her attacks are very threatening (I don't bother to outrun the target, since her shots are so easy to dodge). Then I fought her, and remembered - she's a ninja.

Her ninja moves and music are really the only thing going for her - she is one of the easier bosses.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Rondine has a magnificent beard :allears:

...Aquina felt pretty weak compared to sword boy, in more than one way... Loyalty can be interesting, but not if that's all you have going for you. Still waiting to see what the cardinal makes of all this.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Aquina's boss theme is still actually probably the... second or third best one in the game for me, behind... we'll get to that eventually.

Her name, oddly enough, was different in Japan, closer to "Acqueline".

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Time for another vote!

We now have a permanent Knight for each class. However, there are some good Knights in our ranks that deserve to stick around, and they can help our main Knights conserve a little Vitality by subbing in.

:siren:We are going to vote on second stringers:siren:

We’re voting on a backup Lance Knight and Archer this round! Here is the usual spiel about voting:

quote:

Click here for an explanation of the vitality growth charts:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680784&userid=37611&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post441749251

Reading that is optional, though, because:

We can't get screwed by a bad pick. I'm only playing on Normal; we have room for error. If by some act of god I find myself in a corner, there is always going to be another knight I just recruited and can use. So really, I want us to pick our knight by his/her character attributes. Pick the one you want to see more Pause Talks from, or the one with the portrait you like best, or flip a coin.

:siren:One new consideration you might want to take into account::siren:
You might want to make sure our new Knight is a different elemental affinity than our permanent one. The elemental affinity determines which element weapon that knight can overcharge. So picking a knight with a different affinity than our main knight will provide a little variety, and give me a few more options with battles.

But don’t worry! It doesn’t even apply this round! Again!

Having said that, let’s look at our contestants:

Our permanent Lance Knight is Alonso, elemental affinity: Lightning

Crozeph Ross Arlay of the 4th Order

“There will only be one to whom I open my heart.”
Atlus.com says this of Crozeph:
”An intelligent officer of the 4th Order. She can be aloof, but underneath she hides a gentle heart. A capable writer, she tossed that aside to become a knight.”
The Tome of Lost Souls says this:
Fiery Heart
”She is loyal and noble, but she cuts herself off to everyone around her except her childhood friend, Raphael. She does not believe in having many friends because she cannot bear to see people she cares about get hurt or die. She is also a talented writer and sometimes speaks in metaphors. Many of her comrades find her aloofness attractive, and Crozeph frequently receives love letters from both men and women!”

Crozeph, musing on the fact that no messages have gotten through the past few days

Annalot Ella Permeal of the 4th Order

“I won’t hamper my father with my inexperience.”
Atlus.com says this of Annalot:
”The young daughter of Freiber, Annalot believes she lacks experience, yet exhibits a kind, stately maturity. She is both strong-willed and noble.”
The Tome of Lost Souls says this:
Noble Cub
”One of the newest and youngest recruits, Annalot tries hard to hone her skills and to take after her father, Freiber. She has been friends with Lillian since they were in school together, and Lillian loves to remind her of her embarrassing childhood nickname, ‘Clumsy Anna’.”

Annalot, after getting past Rivulia and making it to Regnieburg, to deliver the news of the castle’s fall

Klaus D. Strick of the 7th Order

”It is just as much my duty to worry about the family I’ve left behind.”
Atlus.com say this of Klaus:
”A veteran knight and father who cares very much for his family. He has great respect for the warriors of his order.”
Still Rider
“He puts his wife and daughters above all else, including his duties as a knight. He looks up to Basturk and General Rondine with great admiration, and he is longtime friends with Josef.”

Klaus, after witnessing the fall of the western tower and seeing something in the sky

Gudrun H. Mison of the 5th Order

”I try every day to be a better knight than I was yesterday!”
Atlus.com say this of Gudrun:
”An optimistic, cheerful, young lady striving to better herself as a knight. She is of small stature and her armor is too large for her frame, but she tries her hardest.”
Beloved Lady
“She is cheery and polite, and although she is not very skilled in battle, she works hard to improve. Gudrun has a very difficult time telling Neredo and Atkasia apart, and as a result, she is not well-liked by either of them. She looks upon Baltar like a father, and while she adores cheese, she will not abide milk.”

Pictured: Gudrun reporting in to Baltar during the cutscene before Scene 3. Once again, the topic is the theft of the King’s soul, but the knights only know something was taken from the castle.

Rudolf M. Kialoster of the 5th Order

”I have nothing but regrets…”
Atlus.com say this of Rudolf:
”An expert spearman, Rudolf is known for his martial knowledge. He and his wife, Magda, undertook the knight’s oath together.”
Hallowed Protector
“Contrary to the philosophy of many, Rudolf strongly believes that the best offense is a good defense. As such, he is an obsessive collector and expert on different types of armor, and those around him are often forced to listen to him ramble on for days at a time. He suspected Cardinal Capehorn had ordered the assassination of Azhan, and he laments not having taken action to stop it. He is married to Magda, another knight.”

Rudolf after being told by the King to help Bordeau with preparations for the Kingdom Tour

Our permanent Archer is Dreyuss, elemental affinity: Sanctity
Oswald J. Titus of the 10th Order

”Lady Frabela is to be admired. She never loses sight of herself.”
Atlus.com say this of Oswald:
”One of Frabela’s most trusted subordinates, he is an excellent judge of character, and an expert archer.”
Cheerful Raptor
“One of General Frabela’s favorites, he is treated more like a brother than a subordinate. Many feel that with his skills, Oswald would make a great General one day, but unfortunately, he does not hold his talent in such high regard. He is considered one of the top five Archers in the kingdom and was even offered a position in the 1st Order, but he declined it. His mistrust for Ganosh was a large factor in this decision.”

Oswald, referring to Algiery after hearing that she’s supposedly a Tiamat spy

Ganosh Gaia Travis of the 1st Order

”Prince Nordich is still a child at heart…”
Atlus.com say this of Ganosh:
”Ganosh’s main charge was to watch over Prince Norich. As such, he regards him like a child, and is looked up to as a father in return.”
Legendary Hunter
“For an Archer, he is very well built. He has been charged with the care of the Prince, and as such, he is loyal to both the King and his son. In fact, despite Prince Nordich’s generally selfish ways, Ganosh is viewed as somewhat of a father figure. Recently, Ganosh has begun suspecting that either Yelma or Cardinal Capehorn has been corrupting the Prince.”

Ganosh, in response to the King’s question “Is the Prince’s condition really that bad after losing his fiancée?” From the flashback in Scene 17

Bordeau Bach Fredric of the 1st Order

”Our king belongs on his throne”
Atlus.com say this of Bordeau:
”A man who lives to serve the king in his every move. His skilled decision making and quick reactions win him the respect of his order.”
Standing Reed
“Though he appears exceptionally slender and frail, his is actually quite hearty. Bordeau is a quiet man who believes actions speak louder than words. He may not always voice just how proud he is to be a knight or how loyal to the King he truly is. Some find him to be socially awkward at times, but he has been fortunate enough to earn the trust and respect of many key individuals.”

Bordeau, helping the King pack for his tour through the Kingdom

:siren::siren:I forgot to inclue Granitz originally:siren:
Granitz S. Dinatog of the 9th Order

”These monsters were made to…protect? That cannot be the truth of it.”
Atlus.com say this of Granitz:
”A general of few words, he is renowned as the kindgom’s finest archer. He can often be found drinking with Morozof, though he is no match for him in that undertaking.”
Gale Marksman
“As the General of the 9th Order, Granitz is known for his exceptional skill with a bow and arrow. He is also known for his stern expression. There are rumors circulating that General Granitz has not laughed in years! He treats Oryze like a daughter, and he is close friends with Morozof, who drinks him under the table regularly.”

Granitz, stumbling into Scoppio in the Treasury

Ok guys, those are our options. Here are the rules, :siren:updated:siren:

Two votes per poster. One for a Lance Knight, one for an Archer.
Put your votes in bold please
You can vote for "I don't like these lance knights/archers, let's wait until we recruit more"
In the event of a tie or if "I don't like these lance knights/archers" wins, we will table the vote until the next lance knight or archer is recruited, and try again. Any lance knight/archer that received a vote will be spared from Transoul until the next vote.
The polls close next time I post a video. So in a few days, hopefully!

Good luck to our contestants! Any knight that does not make the cut will be subject to Transoul.

BlazeEmblem posted:

So we have finally fought Aquina.

I played this fight last week for the first time in a few years, since this LP convinced me to play the game again. I remembered that I found her difficult, but I couldn't remember why, since none of her attacks are very threatening (I don't bother to outrun the target, since her shots are so easy to dodge). Then I fought her, and remembered - she's a ninja.

Her ninja moves and music are really the only thing going for her - she is one of the easier bosses.

That, and the height issues with her stage could be a stumbling block for new players. I know the first time I played her, I wasn't sure I could get a sword girl to jump that high :downs:

Out of curiosity, are you playing the Red or Blue path? Someone needs to LP the Blue path on PSP god drat it

vilkacis posted:

Still waiting to see what the cardinal makes of all this.

The cardinal's in a pretty interesting position for a video game villain...his granddaughter is a bird monster thing, and one by one his top generals are getting slaughtered as the Wisp just marches right through the castle. It's all crumbling down and last we saw he was totally making GBS threads his pants, it's glorious.

AweStriker posted:

Aquina's boss theme is still actually probably the... second or third best one in the game for me, behind... we'll get to that eventually.

When this game first game out, I blundered through it to the end, then put it away thinking "that was a pretty cool game, but confusing as hell". A few years later I thought about it again and remembered that it was difficult, and that I liked it...but Aquina's theme was my strongest memory of the game. I pulled it out of my closet and that's when I got a real understanding of how the game works. Aquina's theme has sentimental value to me :)

Also, I would like to make it clear that Leonil and Aquina are dead as hell, and --for reals-- are not coming back for a team-up boss fight that some of you have been wanting me to suffer through Blaze Dragon :mad:. (I'm not being coy, they really are dead, gently caress those two.)

HaroldofTheRock fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 2, 2015

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'll vote Gudrun for Lance Knight and Ganosh for Archer.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I cast my first vote for cheese Gudrun.

...but I can wait for more archers Granitz was the archer I was waiting for.

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 28, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Gudrun Cheese and Bordeau

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I'll go with Gudrun and Ganosh

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Out of curiosity, are you playing the Red or Blue path? Someone needs to LP the Blue path on PSP god drat it

I am playing on a fresh copy on my Vita, so I was playing on the Red path. I sort of blazed through it - starting my playthrough just after the chapter 25 video and finishing a few days ago.

I have actually never played much of the blue path - on the DS I stopped after the 15th chapter of the blue path; and on my PSP UMD I played through the Yellow route twice to find out something for a poster on another message board (it was a Dept. Heaven based board... and I may have been responsible for the webmaster deleting the whole thing. Oops.) and only played a bit of the Red route - according to my save data, I last played the Red route chapter 2 - in April of 2012.

The point is, I don't have enough experience with the Blue route to LP it. Sorry.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Seriously, what the gently caress did the cardinal expect from summoning a demon lord?

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Crozeph and Ganosh

Kerris
Jul 12, 2006
Don't you fucking dare compliment a woman's voice on the forums, you fucking creepy stalker.
Cheesy Gudrun and wait for more archers.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Since we're using Freiber, it's only logical to bring Annalot because knowing this game she'll end up transouled to her dad for big bonuses and it'll be the most depressing moment ever.

Also all the archers are boring as hell, so wait.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ganitz (from the Scippio boss fight) an archer as well? He's my pick, but if you left him out of the voting for your own purposes Ganosh seems like he'd have a bone to pick with the Cardinal.

And yes, I vote Gudrun "I love cheese!" Minon for Lance Knight. Really now, was there ever any doubt?

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
poo poo, you're right! For some reason he was sorted to the bottom of the knight's roster...so I missed him when I recorded the archers' graphs. Thanks for catching that! Guys, we have a new candidate, if you want to change your vote, go for it. Sorry about the hassle.

Granitz S. Dinatog of the 9th Order

”These monsters were made to…protect? That cannot be the truth of it.”
Atlus.com say this of Granitz:
”A general of few words, he is renowned as the kindgom’s finest archer. He can often be found drinking with Morozof, though he is no match for him in that undertaking.”
Gale Marksman
“As the General of the 9th Order, Granitz is known for his exceptional skill with a bow and arrow. He is also known for his stern expression. There are rumors circulating that General Granitz has not laughed in years! He treats Oryze like a daughter, and he is close friends with Morozof, who drinks him under the table regularly.”

Granitz, stumbling into Scoppio in the Treasury

Once again good catch Rangpur!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I may not like his Vit chart, but managing to survive at least one blow from Scoppio makes him cool in my book.

Change my vote from Ganosh to Granitz.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Actually yeah, as much as I like the idea of 1st order knights being main ones (even in death they help etc), Granitz's final moments were too cool to let him be soul-nommed.
My vote for Archer changes from Ganosh to Granitz

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Granitz is way too cool of a dude to let him be transouled later. Someone who fought that monster on his own, even if he didn't do anything, deserves better.

Change my vote from none to Granitz.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I think Aquina's deal is that she dodges everything if she's facing the same direction as the attack's origin. This includes grams, so if you thought you could use the shape of the battlefield to plant some magical landmines for once, too bad! Use these other obscure-rear end mechanics instead!

...I kid. But you both spend so much time dodging in this fight that it always feels more tedious to play than to watch. If I had remembered the Fast Charge ability it would've made my life a lot easier. At least the music's rad. Anyway, reiterating my vote for Gudrun n' Grantiz in 2016.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah I want Granitz too.

An interesting note that if you hack the game to give all your knights to have max vitality Granitz is the only character unaffected.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 28, 2015

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

As much as I'd like to give the 1st Order a shot I'm also changing my vote to Granitz, his design is too cool.

(my Lance Knight vote stays Gudrun, she's hitting basically every Est ping)

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, Granitz looks rad and tried to solo the optional super boss, so he's cool in my books - let me just change my vote-post real quick:

vilkacis posted:

I cast my first vote for cheese Gudrun.

...but I can wait for more archers Granitz was the archer I was waiting for.

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

The saddest day in Octavian's life was the day he was asked to shave his mustache.
Gudrun and Granitz for the cheese!

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 28: The Eye of the Battle:siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7iQdtOMO44

KNIGHTS WE RECRUITED LAST TIME:
Seriee D. Colaine of the 5th Order

”I hone my skill with a sword every day. I will lose to no one.”
Class: Duelist
Atlus.com say this of Seriee:
”Throwing aside any notion of feminine social expectations, Seriee became a master of the sword. Often mistaken for a man, she is not to be trifled with.”
Graceful Brute
“Having been hardened by battle, Seriee has forsaken her softer, feminine side and devoted her life to studying the sword. Unfortunately, because of this, she is often mistaken for a man. Seriee is very stubborn and does not like relying on others, and this can make her comrades worry at times. She has a friendly rivalry with Erica.”

Basturk Tas Oh Tubek of the 5th Order

”Those brilliant memories…Perhaps they were merely a dream.”
Class: Warrior
Atlus.com say this of Basturk:
”An experienced and dependable subordinate of Rondine. He has seen many comrades fall in battle; the fact that he still lives is a testament to his prowess.”
Cunning Hawk
“A hearty and experienced combatant, he is General Rondine’s right-hand man. Having endured many hardships, including the death of his longtime friend Levi, Basturk’s hardened composure sometimes reveals traces of the sorrow in his heart.”

BOSS FIGHT FROM LAST TIME: THE SNIPER AQUINA

Illustrator Kiyuduki posted:

In terms of design, I really don’t know how much the sprite artist and the designer would be picking up after me and cleaning my work, so I tried to flesh her out as much as possible. Aquina’s weapon is a prime example of this. The only instruction (Game Designer) Mr. Ito had given me was she should carry a rapid-fire bowgun, and I spend a long time trying to figure out how such a weapon would look and function.

VOTE RESULTS
In a landslide, Gudrun and Granitz have been selected as our new permanent Lance Kmight and Archer! Let's see what they got!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

As I know you are going to ask, I don't have Maria's quote to see if the reference was fixed - because some characters have multiple quotes for their key items, apparently just to screw with people trying to get pause talks :suicide:.

She still refers to her "other half", but it refers to Mellisa in the quote I got.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Interesting that there are no new knights for this fight. Capehorn was smart enough not to have anyone killed in his office. Presumably for evidence reasons, but now it's pulling double duty in not giving you more spirit warriors to fight him with. I wonder how it would go if you came into this fight having exhausted your supply of knights somehow. Would Maria have enough juice to down the cardinal by herself? Somehow I doubt 7.77 Vit could ever down a boss.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Usually the game will always supply you with generics if you run out of normal units.

It was inplemented in case of not being able to find the key items or for people who couldn't be bothered.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

AweStriker posted:

It makes a little more sense if you look at the theme of the boss names (minus Melissa), which should be becoming a bit clearer now that we've seen more of them.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

It makes a little more sense if you look at the theme of the boss names (minus Melissa), which should be becoming a bit clearer now that we've seen more of them.

If someone reading this hasn't figured it out yet, here are the boss names so far:

Jamie
Rivulia
Gunther
Dotaurus
Scoppio
Leonil
Aquina
Capehorn

It's not that hard to figure out, but some of them (Jamie and Gunther) only fit due to process of elimination.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

BlazeEmblem posted:

It's not that hard to figure out, but some of them (Jamie and Gunther) only fit due to process of elimination.

Also consider that Gunther would be spelled/pronounced gansa by the Japanese script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Annointed posted:

Usually the game will always supply you with generics if you run out of normal units.

It was inplemented in case of not being able to find the key items or for people who couldn't be bothered.

Ah, I was wondering about that too. Feels like it's breaking the concept of the game, but yeah, I guess they had to do something.

Seyser Koze posted:

Also consider that Gunther would be spelled/pronounced gansa by the Japanese script.

It's actually gantsaa, which arguably makes the T more audible than it is in English anyway.

• Locked thread