Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Welp. I'm pretty sure I remember skimming over this happening to other people but just had a team on Engines of War where the finale wouldn't flag as completed and we were all stuck on the boat against an endless horde.

And then two of us fell through the boat somehow to our death.

And the other two still couldn't trigger the ending and fought to the death.

On a 2 Grimoire 3 Tome Hard with a Loot Die.

At least I got my first Orange (Stone of Luck trinket) from our previous 2 Grim 3 Tome Hard run so I'm not too mad about it this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Got a trinket that's +10% to luck :confuoot:

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
The falling through the boat thing gets mentioned a few times, did you try to jump onto it before it finished moving completely? First time I finished that level one of my crew did what they thought was gonna be a sweet jump to land on it while it was moving into position and fell through, but I've never had any problems with people waiting for it to stop completely and then getting on, curious if that's just my luck though.

The 'can't trigger the end of level' bug when I've experienced it seems to be tied to someone going down while inside/entering the cart, so I imagine that if you fell through the boat then it'd be the same thing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Tamayachi posted:

Got a trinket that's +10% to luck :confuoot:

Luck controls what you find in chests and how much the game shits on you with spawns. It's like taking away one of the game's Skaven dice in the level. Ran with a guy with a luck token and the chests were full to bursting with loot. For reference, picking up cursed dies in levels lowers your luck. At least...that's how I've had it explained to me.

So, FINALLY finished White Rat tonight, then the host goon took us on a trip of Nightmare Ramparts and Smuggler's Run. White Rat Normal is SO MUCH WORSE! :suicide: Seriously, that map is a giant never-ending clusterfuck.

On the plus side I had the most GLORIOUS fat-finger on Smuggler's Run. Pressed T to call out a Storm Vermin during a gate-opening horde, accidentally fat-fingered 5 for my bomb while at it. Didn't realize it and clicked to swipe at the rats in front and instead nailed the Storm Vermin perfectly, sending him ragdolling into the stratosphere and wiping out a good chunk of the horde.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Metos posted:

The falling through the boat thing gets mentioned a few times, did you try to jump onto it before it finished moving completely? First time I finished that level one of my crew did what they thought was gonna be a sweet jump to land on it while it was moving into position and fell through, but I've never had any problems with people waiting for it to stop completely and then getting on, curious if that's just my luck though.

The 'can't trigger the end of level' bug when I've experienced it seems to be tied to someone going down while inside/entering the cart, so I imagine that if you fell through the boat then it'd be the same thing.

Nah we were all holed up in the cellar until the alert came to get on the ferry, it was there and stationary. And we were all on it for about 20 seconds going "what the hell" until the guy behind me clipped through and died. Then I moved around and fell through and died myself. Then the other two fought for a while, getting on and off the boat several times, the two of us respawned and they managed to fight their way all through the horde to free us and we all got BACK on the boat with 1 Tome and Grimoire left and it still was a no go.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

DeathSandwich posted:

For the people complaining about lack of impact in melee; what is your high water mark for melee in a first person game?

Dying Light

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Nah, I prefer the predictability.
Could have both. Because yeah, I'd love to play my WH, but I've not earned anything for him at all besides white recurve crossbows and I've got a ton of green dwarf poo poo I'd love to gamble with.

E: vvvvv really? Huh. I'm bad at this game. Will try that!

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 27, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Play the Witch Hunter even with Whites, you'll be more likely to get stuff for him.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The standard Rapier and Double Pistols is pretty much the ideal weapon set anyway. I love Errol Flynning my way across a map with rapier thrusts only to turn it into the Matrix Lobby scene when it all goes wrong.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
It's great that the devs went "gently caress realism, give him 50 pistols."

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

It's great that the devs went "gently caress realism, give him 50 pistols."

He hides most of them inside his hat.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Calihan posted:

Which is a pretty terrible idea.

For instance, I am lv 26 and love playing Witch Hunter but RNG hates me and refuses to give me a decent rapier or pistols. I could try and craft some but I need said rapier/pistols to craft more of them.

It's pretty much a catch 22 unless you have a metric poo poo-ton of whites of the exact same weapon type.

That's exactly what happening to me. I'm still using white axe "and" shield. :negative:

Kirs fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 27, 2015

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Breathe deep :v:

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Speaking of trinkets, I got a Dove of Shalia that heals me a bit whenever I use the medpack on others. The great thing about it is that the extra healing takes the user out of the gray, so you can patch up two downed people at once

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Same with the heal others a bit when you heal yourself trinket, but it's a wee bit buggy.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

One day I'll get a trinket

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Drythe posted:

One day I'll get a trinket

Do you ever get trinkets for leveling up?

It really should give you a trinket when you unlock the slot.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Kanos posted:

This. Blocking clanrats and slaves only eats a single point, or half a shield, while shield bashes cost 2 points, or a full shield. Trying to block a rat ogre or stormvermin will instantly guard crush you regardless of stamina.

From a few pages ago, but this is actually not true for Stormvermin, at least on Normal. Got a blue axe and shield for the dorf with +2 stamina and 10% to heal 10% on heal and I'm in love. Also, the Stormvermin top down swing only seems to remove 4 shields for me now, which is weird since I remember it removing all 5 shields when I had a normal shield. Maybe it's tied to how close you are to the Stormvermin?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Whoever thought the wells bursting into infinite poison gas after falling was a good idea should be slapped in the face.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

People playing tanks, please stop shield bashing constantly. Use your drat charged attack.

It knocks down rats in a huge area and you don't even need to charge it all the way up. You can keep a huge group permanently stunned with it.

Use your shield bash in emergencies and stormvermin god drat it. Stop bitching you are out of stamina

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Drythe posted:

People playing tanks, please stop shield bashing constantly. Use your drat charged attack.

It knocks down rats in a huge area and you don't even need to charge it all the way up. You can keep a huge group permanently stunned with it.

Use your shield bash in emergencies and stormvermin god drat it. Stop bitching you are out of stamina

:colbert:

Actually that's right. Charged attack is a bit trickier to use to stun horde but it does damage. Even if you stun and shove horde, it doesn't kill it.

Kirs fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 27, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
People playing tanks, please shield bash constantly. Don't use your damned charge attack.

It knocks down rats in a huge area and you don't have to charge it. You can keep a huge group on their rear end for so long mork himself might sit on them out of boredom.

Use your charge attack in emergencies only. Stop bitching you can't kill things fast enough, that's not your job.

:colbert:

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So, how is this game compared to L4D2?

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I like to use charged attack --> shove on those rare occasions there is going to be more targets than a charged shield bash can hit.

The Targets stat might be the most influential stat in how you should be using your melee weapons.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

And then the tank uses all their stamina because the horde trickled in slowly and now they can't block the stormvermin that showed up oh poo poo help

The point isn't to do damage, the point is not using stamina and stunning indefinitely.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Malice lies heavy in the air.

Let's say you should combine both of these tactics. Situationally.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Drythe posted:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Arcsquad12 posted:

There really needs to be some sort of split second block for hook rats or gutter runners. As it is if one comes at you in the middle of a crowd you're basically hosed. Even L4D gave you the chance to interrupt a Hunter's lunge if you timed a push right.

If you're using the 2h hammer with the Dwarf or Soldier you can 1hit kill the Packmaster with the basic attack just before he can get to you. Not sure if you can do the same thing with other characters/weapons, though.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

If you're using the 2h hammer with the Dwarf or Soldier you can 1hit kill the Packmaster with the basic attack just before he can get to you. Not sure if you can do the same thing with other characters/weapons, though.

Wizard beam staff shotgun blast usually will gently caress a packmaster and he will die from the fire as he drags you. I also got lucky and cleaved a packmaster with my axe last night on the dwarf as he hooked me and it killed him.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Gort posted:

Much more difficult than it thanks to more reliance on melee and Skaven being cunning motherfuckers compared to zombies.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Kirs posted:

Better tactic still: Discard the shield, use a bigger weapon instead, tank rats by slaughtering them :black101:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Kirs posted:

I actually agree with this, I just wanted to play around with that post.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
I only ever push when I need to create some breathing room or lock down a stormvermin until a teammate can take it out, rest of the time I'm a charge-bashing machine. I used to charge on stormvermin too, but it's a bit finicky and doesn't always stun them when they're mid-swing for some reason.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
While the shield is a great panic button, if you come through bowling skaven over when we're not in trouble you are actually making it harder for me to kill them. Use it when we've got no space to move or they're getting round our sides. Don't use it to knock over the group the Soldier was winding up a two handed mace strike on.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gort posted:

The levels are not as involved as in l4d2, currently there are some short options and some longer ones. The short ones are like the gas collection missions in l4d, only in one area and with poo poo tons of enemies. The long ones do not have checkpoints, but you can get better loot from them. The loot system is akin to payday 2 in that its a RNG that you can influence. In general it is harder due to the fact you are mostly meleeing enemies and the enemies are more persistent. Tanks are harder now because there are sometimes continuous spawns during the tank fight, and you cannot set them on fire like in l4d.

I'd say it feels like a good mod of l4d2, but there are still a lot of places that can, and most likely will, be altered/improved as the dev team gets feedback. Its worth 30 bucks if you really liked l4d.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

WoodrowSkillson posted:

you cannot set them on fire like in l4d.

Except you super absolutely can and should and if you don't you're bad at the game.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Trier posted:

Except you super absolutely can and should and if you don't you're bad at the game.

Really? I've thrown multiple molotovs at them and they never stay lit like in l4d.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Really? I've thrown multiple molotovs at them and they never stay lit like in l4d.

Well that's true, the fire does go out unless your Bright Wizard is on point, and it PROBABLY doesn't do as much damage as the L4D fire (or maybe the Rogre just has more health) but it's still a big help in taking it down quicker if your BW got his fire game on.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Trier posted:

Well that's true, the fire does go out unless your Bright Wizard is on point, and it PROBABLY doesn't do as much damage as the L4D fire (or maybe the Rogre just has more health) but it's still a big help in taking it down quicker if your BW got his fire game on.

Oh for sure, it does damage, I just meant that in l4d, if you set it on fire, you could just kite the tank until it died. Tanks are far more deadly now since you cannot do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Yesterday I tried to shove single Stormvermin inside fire on a trade square in Horn(y) map (one right after you blow up gates). Unfortunately it's only decorations.

Kirs fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 27, 2015

• Locked thread