Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFaJLpsIoI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I have recently started playing all the Expert songs and I am not a fan of the speed of the charts. I'll get used to it, it's just a little silly at first go to sight read at that speed.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I have recently started playing all the Expert songs and I am not a fan of the speed of the charts. I'll get used to it, it's just a little silly at first go to sight read at that speed.

Well, the nice thing about it is now Hard songs will now feel like a manageable medium speed. I haven't attempted the B-side daily Experts that much though, since they're really fast and a lot of notes.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I maintain that the second B-side rotation EX songs are easier than the first rotation. To me, at least, they've each got a specific rhythm that you can just hone in on. They're still tricky, though, but not so much as Otomeshiki, say.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

While not the toughest chart, Afterschool Navigates is fun as hell.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
After School Navigators is also somehow the first (and so far only) EX chart that I've cleared. I don't know why I could do that but not the slower Nawatobi.

Of course for the score match I'll be playing on hard so I have at least a chance at S ranking and/or full comboing.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nawatobi is like paradoxically slow yet fast-paced. I feel like Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate is similar in that regard (at least its latter portion).

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Welp, Smile Eli card means I have at least tier 2 this event.

graybook posted:

The lasers or the wave? I'm assuming wave.

It's the lasers that trip me up. It was similar to the chorus in Soldier Game Hard and it took me a while to FC that as well.

halokiller fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 27, 2015

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Spotlights still end my FC runs frequently. The only part I dislike about playing EX songs is that 25 lp is so drat much. I have 45 max right now and that poo poo limits me to 2 songs per play. It's quick, but can't wait to be able to play more.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

squidflakes posted:

Holy poo poo, that site is amazing.

seconded

Also, I blew a bunch of stamina drinks to get SR Ranko in the last hours of the Nation Blue event. Now I just need to grab enough jewels from maxing out my Rares so I can attempt another 10-draw and hope for an SSR to cap off my 4-SR team. I jumped from P-level 20 to P-level 29 within the past couple of days....

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 27, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Spotlights still end my FC runs frequently. The only part I dislike about playing EX songs is that 25 lp is so drat much. I have 45 max right now and that poo poo limits me to 2 songs per play. It's quick, but can't wait to be able to play more.

Okay I'm still not good in terminology. What're spotlights?

Starlight Stage wise, I'm hoping we get like SSR Mika on next gacha round. Almost got enough for five 10pulls.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

graybook posted:

Okay I'm still not good in terminology. What're spotlights?

That's what I call the hold notes in SIF. They legit look like spotlights to me.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ChubbyThePhat posted:

That's what I call the hold notes in SIF. They legit look like spotlights to me.

Doesn't the tutorial call them spotlights?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I don't know/remember. If there was a "Skip tutorial" option I can promise I did just that. It's also been long enough that that particular piece of information has long since passed through the bowels of my memory.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
The ones that really trip me up are the short spotlights in Wild Stars. Timing the release on those kills me.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Starlight Stage wise, I'm hoping we get like SSR Mika on next gacha round. Almost got enough for five 10pulls.

It feels like we're due for a Passion, at least. Though I'm saving my star jewels for the next acceptable Cute, it's tough maintaning my stance as a cute-type producer when those are my worst (well, least good) cards.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Uh, I had an issue in SIF just now where I was playing in score match, and the song was Baby Maybe Koi no Button EX. The chart started early and the whole thing was off sync by a whole second.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The parts where ti goes double taps, then on tap on one of the double spots, then double, then one, back and forth real fast like that just gently caress me right up.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

The parts where ti goes double taps, then on tap on one of the double spots, then double, then one, back and forth real fast like that just gently caress me right up.

Is this still Baby Maybe Koi no Button? I'm somehow having a hard time visualizing this on my end. I'm not good at mental pictures.

edit: the bit at the end, I take it?

Aku posted:

Uh, I had an issue in SIF just now where I was playing in score match, and the song was Baby Maybe Koi no Button EX. The chart started early and the whole thing was off sync by a whole second.

This happened to me except the chart moved ahead by like a quarter second in the middle of a double hold which broke my combo.
There are multiple ways to experience desync and I'm not glad to say that I've had enough happen to me.

Klab please try to show that you want to maintain EN players. :c

Back to Starlight Stage: if we have another caravan type event please scamco up the drop rate of the main sr slightly ;_;
I could live with a secondary sr being passion though, like how Honoka wasn't passion but still an event reward that I got like ten times overall. So that hopefully helps some in drop rates.

graybook fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 28, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loving hate the KR version of SIF. It's way buggier and prone to force-shutting than the EN or JP versions. Also you don't get the "Moshimo" or whatever it is that they stay at the beginning. Instead we get "Toast".

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I made 62,000th place in Starlight Stage.I got my Kaede.

I never want to play this game again.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

vibratingsheep posted:

I made 62,000th place in Starlight Stage.I got my Kaede.

I never want to play this game again.

Congrats. But yeah, that's why I slacked off so hard on this event after putting so much effort into the first one. I only got the 10,000 point SR Ranko in the end, and the feeble rewards for being in the 100,000-300,000 zone.

Speaking of the first event, Atashi Ponkotsu Android is back, in the (cute) rotating slot. They've also reset all the rewards on it so you can get those star jewels all over again if you already got them during the event.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
This was the first time I've had desync issues this bad since trying the game on my Galaxy Tab. The rest of the sets ended up fine, but yeah it's bugging me out.

Regarding Starlight Stage: I'm so glad they put in Venus Syndrome, and the Master chart is my top favorite so far.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I made 90000 somethingth place, so I'm happy. Also yes, Venus Syndrome owns and Minami owns.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Venus Syndrome is my jam.

Now it's a question of which comes next, Miria's image song, or You're Stars Shine On Me?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I tend to see more desyncs during score match. I've got an unfounded theory that songs added after the update that broke the game don't get desynced, and since I don't really grind too hard in token events until a I see a new EX song I hardly see desyncs there.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

So with SIF, what is this update that everyone disdains over? I clearly started playing after it landed. Also I've managed about 3500 event points so far. I might actually get the SR this time around.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Klab pushed an update like a month or two ago that led to many players noticing timing issues that weren't really fixed by adjusting one's timing settings. Also there's been way more desync reported as well it seems. Like, before, the worst I would get was a hiccup where the chart appeared to jump back, but then it'd get back to where it was; now, I've seen the chart jump ahead, jump back, I've seen the game slow down whenever I tap a circle, I've seen the song just up and restart a minute from the end.

There was also a multiple hour update they pushed relatively soon after that - in the middle of an event - which mainly changed the title screen to advertise the movie, which wasn't even available to see that widely.

And that update didn't do anything to address the timing issues (I believe).

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I loving hate the KR version of SIF. It's way buggier and prone to force-shutting than the EN or JP versions. Also you don't get the "Moshimo" or whatever it is that they stay at the beginning. Instead we get "Toast".

What they're saying in the opening is "BushiMo" Bushiroad Mobile. Took me forever to figure it out. I kept thinking it was Bushiroad but the last two letters were getting cut off.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

My teams must be so weak. I play hard songs for the event and just get rekt. I can FC a song and still get third by like 9k points. I know I don't have the best girls yet but jesus lol

Either that or there's some secret I don't know

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

My teams must be so weak. I play hard songs for the event and just get rekt. I can FC a song and still get third by like 9k points. I know I don't have the best girls yet but jesus lol

I bit the bullet and jumped into the Japanese version of SIF so I'm in the same boat as you now. Forgot about the early days when all you had was randoms so you barely scored a C while FC-ing songs. I was swimming in a lot of friend points though from S-comboing everything though, so that was nice. Eventually pulled 10 Rs from that alone, though only Rin is idolized. Also wow, Japanese version has a lot of neat stuff that makes thing easier in keeping track of who you've bonded. Also 8 teams which is convenient. But yeah, score wise, you just need a lot of 5*+ girls since that just adds up a lot.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I was about to make an effort post explaining how score match works, but it's much easier to just link a video of it that will explain better than I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJk_FKvsWgA

Basically, you'll be matched based on the scores of your last 4 songs played on that difficulty against opponents within a range of -20% to +20% of your average scores. So you can sometimes be matched up against 3 other people that you will have no hope of beating. And sometimes you're matched up against 3 people that have no hope of beating you.

Don't worry too much about placement until you have a team of every attribute that can S rank score the songs on the difficulty you want to play. That's pretty much the best thing you can have for any event. I think I just ended up writing an effort post even after linking the video.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Revolver Bunker posted:

What they're saying in the opening is "BushiMo" Bushiroad Mobile. Took me forever to figure it out. I kept thinking it was Bushiroad but the last two letters were getting cut off.

I somehow thought that "mo" was how you said "road" in Japanese. That was the only way it made sense to me.

Now it makes more sense to me. Danke.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Trihugger posted:

I was about to make an effort post explaining how score match works, but it's much easier to just link a video of it that will explain better than I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJk_FKvsWgA

Basically, you'll be matched based on the scores of your last 4 songs played on that difficulty against opponents within a range of -20% to +20% of your average scores. So you can sometimes be matched up against 3 other people that you will have no hope of beating. And sometimes you're matched up against 3 people that have no hope of beating you.

Don't worry too much about placement until you have a team of every attribute that can S rank score the songs on the difficulty you want to play. That's pretty much the best thing you can have for any event. I think I just ended up writing an effort post even after linking the video.

Much appreciated. I stopped caring after it happened a few times and figured something like this was the case. I'll just keep grinding away at the event. Hopefully I can stick to my schedule of 5 plays per day but we'll see. Also holy hell some people already have 15k event points.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Just tried and failed Nawatobi on extreme. It's so weird having all the notes coming at you super fast in such a slow song.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Get your teams ready, Producers - next event in Starlight Stage starts in less than two days. Apparently it's like a Medley Festival in SIF, and there's a focus on idols strong in the Vocal stat.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Chihaya? I don't remember who's good for vocals in CG.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Eh, just build teams for the event sorting idols by vocal. I've got one for top among all attributes and I'll make one for each attribute too. Or something. We'll see how the mechanics play out.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Sonata Mused posted:

Chihaya? I don't remember who's good for vocals in CG.

Chihaya's regular Idolm@ster. Her CG equivalent could be Rin Shibuya.

You can just auto-build a vocal team by pushing the おすすめ編成 button, and then setting it to whichever type on top, and then ボーカル on the bottom part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Steampunk Eli is mine.

Now to maybe play a bit of EN's Score Match.