Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

I'm on Yaks Bend, can I do cross server groups? Never really did groups in this game besides my friends.

Server doesn't affect anything besides wuvwuv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ItBurns posted:

I agree. This is definitely the case if WvW is really that slow. I got like 70 points for my scrapper solo in like 2 hours including a few where I had to solo the champs because nobody showed up to help. The Dulfy guides make it really clear what to do (if you want to spoil it) so it's much faster to get points now if you were tripped up by the maps or mechanics previously.

I'm going to try the trick with alacrity on the bacon one now that I have my chrono almost done if I can find a few brave dentists willing to be my guinea pigs.

I've been made to eat the alacrity bacon. It darn near killed me, but I guess the experience made me stronger?

I guess you could say... It burns.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Orv posted:

Mecha Legs is the best trait in the worst tree.

empty quote

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Harrow posted:

About what time do you usually run the HP train? I should probably get it on that. Itching for those high-tier Chronomancer skills.

30 min after server reset.

Mesadoram posted:

I'm on Yaks Bend, can I do cross server groups? Never really did groups in this game besides my friends.

Yep! No cross-server restrictions except between NA and EU servers.

Message me in game at Schpyder.2917 around that time if you want in. I've maxed 3 elite specs so far, should get Druid done tonight.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Schpyder posted:

Message me in game at Schpyder.2917 around that time if you want in. I've maxed 3 elite specs so far, should get Druid done tonight.

Awesome, thank you.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Holy poo poo.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New demon race is looking pretty slick.

(without wings edited in)

Speaking of pretty princesses, is there a list somewhere of the new equipment/armor that got added in the expansion? I was hoping it'd be like other MMOs with a whole boatload of new stuff to play dress-up with but it seems like there are only a couple of new things :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Speaking of pretty princesses, is there a list somewhere of the new equipment/armor that got added in the expansion? I was hoping it'd be like other MMOs with a whole boatload of new stuff to play dress-up with but it seems like there are only a couple of new things :(

I'm curious about this too, I've seen 1? weapon skin set per new zone plus a few other unique ones, and I've only seen the new Leyline armour pieces plus the specialization rewards so far.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't know if it's new to the expansion but I got a book the other day from an Airship cache that gave me a choice of recipes for Maklaine the Minstrel's armor.

I've noticed that the LS2 bundle is on sale, is worth picking up? I don't have any chapters unlocked and thought it might be worth it for the mastery xp.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if it's new to the expansion but I got a book the other day from an Airship cache that gave me a choice of recipes for Maklaine the Minstrel's armor.

I've noticed that the LS2 bundle is on sale, is worth picking up? I don't have any chapters unlocked and thought it might be worth it for the mastery xp.

Similarly, did they give up on adding LS1 as a gemstore purchase? I have a bunch of components from it taking up bank space.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If you're a fan of guild wars story/lore, it's a pretty solid purchase if you want insight in to events pre-hot.

Season 1 living story is currently inaccessible. I think Scarlet's hideout in Lornar's is still available if you have any keys left over from the Marionette event but other than that, there's no official way to access previous limited-time living story content. (Edit: the trikey chest from the Kessex nightmare tower is in Lion's Arch too if you have any keys leftover from that event too)

MacBook Air Gamer fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 27, 2015

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

For a primarily WvW and spvp focused player (2 week old noob), is there any gear that I can work towards after getting my full exotic berserker set (from badges of honor)?

I saw that you can buy ascended trinkets (and weapons/armor maybe?) from the laurel vendors in WvW. Obviously for spvp I am all set, but is there any better gear worth working on for WvW? I will do some pve with guildies and run around in the new zones, but I am not interested in raiding/dungeons/fractals

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Your Computer posted:

loving boss.
I'm trying to do something similar with my salad Rev but I can't give up the stupid Vegeta hair. Are the gloves and boots Arah?

edit: Gloves are Draconic, duh.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

thehacker0 posted:

For a primarily WvW and spvp focused player (2 week old noob), is there any gear that I can work towards after getting my full exotic berserker set (from badges of honor)?

I saw that you can buy ascended trinkets (and weapons/armor maybe?) from the laurel vendors in WvW. Obviously for spvp I am all set, but is there any better gear worth working on for WvW? I will do some pve with guildies and run around in the new zones, but I am not interested in raiding/dungeons/fractals

Ascended gear is solely for players doing high level fractals who need slots for agony resistance, if you have a full exotic berserker set, you're maxed out for all intents and purposes. The endgame gear hunt is for unique skins. If you're not interested in most PvE, there won't be much you can do.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You can dye the flames in the new lunatic outfit, should be very cool.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
The very first part of crafting The Chosen (anthology of heroes) requires 13 sheets of quality paper which is an account bound level 300 scribe material.

lol just gently caress off anet. Who thought this was a good idea?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

ShadowMar posted:

oh my god i seriously love that outfit. you did really good job.

edit: my mouse broke and i can't get a replacement for about a week. has anyone come up with a janky controller set up for action cam yet or am i gonna have to suffer with my drawing tablet?

Sorry to dredge this up from a few pages ago. Don't know what controller you're working with, but I experimented with setting up a config profile for the Steam controller last night and it works... amazingly well.

Movement on the thumbstick, push in for Heal ability
Start button -> Escape
Back button -> Switch in/out of action combat mode
Right trigger -> Mouse 1
Right shoulder -> F (loot)
Left trigger -> V (dodge)
Left shoulder -> R (weapon switch)
Right haptic pad set to trackball for camera control, push in for middle mouse (target)
Left haptic pad to set to button mode, then the four directions mapped to UI menus: map, character pane, inventory, WvW
4 face buttons to weapon abilities 2 through 5
Right grip -> Space (jump)

Then the coup de grace: Left grip left open so it can be used as a mode switcher for the face buttons and left haptic pad. Then
Mode switched face buttons: skills 2 through 5
Mode switched haptic pad: again set to buttons, and each direction set to keys F1, F2, F3, F4

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Your Computer posted:

There is two new full armor sets per armor weight (three for heavy if you count the revenant set), plus the random armor and weapon pieces from the elite spec unlocks.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

loving boss.
I'm trying to do something similar with my salad Rev but I can't give up the stupid Vegeta hair. Are the gloves and boots Arah?

edit: Gloves are Draconic, duh.

Thanks! The boots are CoF and I think it's the only piece from there that I actually like :devil:

e:

malhavok posted:

There is two new full armor sets per armor weight (three for heavy if you count the revenant set), plus the random armor and weapon pieces from the elite spec unlocks.

Just the bladed and leystone then? That's a bummer :(

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm...actually kinda disappointed that the precursor collection stuff costs so much overall. i thought it would be a fun diversion that takes a bit of time but rewards me with a cool skin, not something that comes out to be...all of 50 gold less than buying it directly.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

What about the new weapon skins I saw on zone vendors, like the Auric? Aural? set, or whatever it's called, I don't remember

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Shab posted:

RE Controller chat

There is also a video on Youtube of a guy setting up an Xbone controller with GW2. Im on mobile, or I'd link it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

What about the new weapon skins I saw on zone vendors, like the Auric? Aural? set, or whatever it's called, I don't remember

Yeah, there are Auric weapons. Also the Guild Hall weapon skins, Shimmering and Tenebrous.

Shab posted:

Sorry to dredge this up from a few pages ago. Don't know what controller you're working with, but I experimented with setting up a config profile for the Steam controller last night and it works... amazingly well.

Movement on the thumbstick, push in for Heal ability
Start button -> Escape
Back button -> Switch in/out of action combat mode
Right trigger -> Mouse 1
Right shoulder -> F (loot)
Left trigger -> V (dodge)
Left shoulder -> R (weapon switch)
Right haptic pad set to trackball for camera control, push in for middle mouse (target)
Left haptic pad to set to button mode, then the four directions mapped to UI menus: map, character pane, inventory, WvW
4 face buttons to weapon abilities 2 through 5
Right grip -> Space (jump)

Then the coup de grace: Left grip left open so it can be used as a mode switcher for the face buttons and left haptic pad. Then
Mode switched face buttons: skills 2 through 5
Mode switched haptic pad: again set to buttons, and each direction set to keys F1, F2, F3, F4

I'm tempted to set up a Dark Souls-ish control scheme on a 360 controller. B for dodge, RB for mouse 1, RT for skill 2, that kind of thing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i guess that another armor set is getting added when the raid is implemented, because i assume they're not going to make legendary stuff look the same as other sets.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

You get your choice of 1 of 3 class-sprcific Auric weapons from the story. I don't think people are that far along in terms of knowing what you need to do to craft/buy stuff because even the poopsockers didn't finish the story until saturday and some of it likely lies behind the masteries, crafting, recipe drops, zone events which haven't been beaten.

Full size expansion, day 5, etc. I think people will, in general, have to wait to see what the expansion holds rather than the normal expectation that the entirety of the content will be on reddit 3 weeks in advance with a zero day dulfy guide.

Edit: Some of it is definitely crafting. There are vendors that sell 'gear' parts iirc and there are class-specific unlocks for 'gear' weapons in the elite spec collections. Training the masteries to trade with the itzel/nuhoch/exalted to get access to the vendors and seeing what currency they use and which parts they sell is probably a good start for anyone looking for a weapon skin.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 27, 2015

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maybe a 360 controller set up like:

Weapon 1 (Mouse 1) - RB
Weapon 2 - RT
Weapon 3 - LT + A
Weapon 4 - LT + X
Weapon 5 - LT + Y

Healing - Y

Utilities - Left, Down, and Right on d-pad
Elite - Up on d-pad

Dodge - B
Interact - X
Jump - A

Is there a way to map the mouse cursor to the right stick so it can work as camera controls when in action camera? It'd even let me use the right stick plus RB to interact with menus, maybe map LB to mouse 2 so I can right click stuff.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think there is two weapon sets to match the armor also.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
There are also Pact/Vigil/Priory backpacks, a unique weapon (no spoiler), a handful of trinkets, and iirc two bladed armor pieces you can get from the story.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm...actually kinda disappointed that the precursor collection stuff costs so much overall. i thought it would be a fun diversion that takes a bit of time but rewards me with a cool skin, not something that comes out to be...all of 50 gold less than buying it directly.

I think it is intended to be a way to get it without relaying on RNG, but if it only small price cheaper then it need to be redoes since you doing busy work for it.

Also I just beat the story today

Trahearne is dead! YOU KILLED HIM! best xpack ever!

Cyron fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 27, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Do the elite spec armor pieces eventually combine to make a single hideous armor set? With 6 slots and 9 classes I would assume so.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

ItBurns posted:

Do the elite spec armor pieces eventually combine to make a single hideous armor set? With 6 slots and 9 classes I would assume so.

I think most of them are helms and shoulders sadly. so you can't make a chimera armor class.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

There's a new set of Guild armor as well, probably available from upgraded guild halls. Take a look in the wardrobe. There's also maybe a "machined" set of weapons that I only know about because they're listed in the collections for the upgraded elite spec weapons. Might just be collection trash and not actually usable, tho.

ItBurns posted:

Chronomancer, Druid, and Tempest have shoulders; Scrapper, Reaper, and Daredevil have helms; Dragonhunter and Berserker have ???

So no.

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 27, 2015

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Chronomancer shoulders make me sad because they look really cool, but they're absurdly massive on male sylvari. :smith:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Schpyder posted:

There's a new set of Guild armor as well, probably available from upgraded guild halls. Take a look in the wardrobe. There's also maybe a "machined" set of weapons that I only know about because they're listed in the collections for the upgraded elite spec weapons. Might just be collection trash and not actually usable, tho.

Chronomancer, Druid, and Tempest have shoulders; Scrapper, Reaper, and Daredevil have helms; Dragonhunter and Berserker have ???

So no.

dragonhunter has gauntlets

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Cyron posted:

I think most of them are helms and shoulders sadly. so you can't make a chimera armor class.

drat.. At least that leaves a spot open for the knifedick piece.

Schpyder posted:

This is the 'gear' set I was talking about. In that case it must come from the frog vendor and crafting because I'm 99% sure that it trades the Airship Gears from the cargo chests for a Machined Core or something.

Maybe..

Machined Core + 250 Charged Lodestones + 250 Powerful Blood + ??? = Machined Weapon

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 27, 2015

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Anyone want to grind out 400 HP for me on my engineer, necro, mesmer, and rev?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

LordAdakos posted:

Anyone want to grind out 400 HP for me on my engineer, necro, mesmer, and rev?

How did you manage to hit 80 and not get any hero points?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

ItBurns posted:

Tomes? how do people level? You mean you actually go around killing stuff like some sort of peon?

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

ItBurns posted:

INCORRECT ASSUMPTION.Though I did tome my rev to 80 so i have 0 extra points.

I've got 30-50 on each of my other characters.

Are you offering ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is Ad Infinitum really the legendary backpiece? It's so boring looking.

• Locked thread