Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Maduo posted:

Before all this happened it sounded like people were purposely delaying when the episodes came out so they wouldn't cut the feed and archive money off at the knees. At least, that's what I've guessed based on what happened last year and what some of the podcasters said this year. No clue what they'll do now given the situation but as long as the archive still shows up on time it'll probably beat most audio versions to the punch.

Now, if that works as planned is a different matter.

Giant bomb mentioned they couldn't put their podcast up as an audio one (let alone video) for over a month.

Edit: And I think the video paid archives is supposed to be up within the week.

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Well, the Dollop from podfest was released today but that may just be Dave Anthony being Dave Anthony.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
The Podfest episode of Doug Loves Movies is out as well.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I Seem Fun, too.

The livestream videos are trickling out, also.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Illinois Smith posted:

Well, the Dollop from podfest was released today but that may just be Dave Anthony being Dave Anthony.
Aside but: Dave Anthony is way better when he's semi-cheerful. Some guys are good when grouchy but seems like he mostly shuts down.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
James Adomian was on the latest Harmontown to do his Bernie Sanders impression, and it's not funny to me at all. Has anybody else heard this? I'm thinking maybe I don't think it's funny because I actually like Sanders, and I need a reality check.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's done it on CBB a few times, it's the one where he recites nonsense statistics, right? If it's any comfort, I'm pretty sure Adomian likes Sanders too.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I think Scarsdale is instantly my new favorite CBB character. Hope he comes back.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

pangstrom posted:

Aside but: Dave Anthony is way better when he's semi-cheerful. Some guys are good when grouchy but seems like he mostly shuts down.

The Podfest Dollop was incredible, sounds like they where enjoying themselves.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
If you like hearing loud belching and people talking about how drunk they are, the new ep of High & Mighty with Jon Gabrus is for you.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

tnimark posted:

If you like hearing loud belching and people talking about how drunk they are, the new ep of High & Mighty with Jon Gabrus is for you.

He also brings up people bitching about backslash for the 2nd episode in a row. So... I guess other people besides that one dude were angry about that?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

tnimark posted:

I enjoyed this episode a lot, but would never recommend it to anyone else ever. One of the more unique podcast episodes I've heard this year anyway. My only complaint is that Power Hour is for pussies and everyone knows that Centurion is where it's at.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The Todd Glass Show at podfest is great. :)

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

MariusLecter posted:

The Todd Glass Show at podfest is great. :)

It's a Real Show

Eddie Pepitone is so good on everything.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's the podcast where comedians & actors come on and read their old (terrible) writings? I'm specifically looking for the episode that has Mary Holland professing her love for potatoes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Before You Were Funny.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Am I the only person around who feels like the Smartest Man In The World podcast has fallen off a loving cliff? All Greg does these days is ramble about really fuckin' old movies, talk about all the gifts he's getting, and then rage against the political machine. He's so bitter and unhappy about politics, and there's no sense of humor to it. I've been listening to some of the old episodes, and it's like night and day from when he first started. I get that this means a lot to him, but if it's making you all jaded and unhappy, dude, maybe... do something about it? If Al Franken could, Greg could do a state senate run in Cali.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I still like old movie chat, but the "first 100" days bit is dumb. I blame Europe for his recent boringness.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

I still like old movie chat, but the "first 100" days bit is dumb. I blame Europe for his recent boringness.

I stopped listening about a year ago. It's a real bummer because it was one of my very favorites for a couple years.

I love and admire his feminism, but on one of his later shows he was ranting about how no woman has ever done anything bad or evil (I wish I could find the exact quote, because I am not exaggerating) and I was like, man, this is starting to get a little weird.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

DangerDummy! posted:

I love and admire his feminism, but on one of his later shows he was ranting about how no woman has ever done anything bad or evil (I wish I could find the exact quote, because I am not exaggerating) and I was like, man, this is starting to get a little weird.

I remember a much older episode in which he stated that women were biologically superior to men in every possible way. I also appreciate when someone is an outspoken feminist, but claiming of women the same sort of stuff MRAs often claim of men goes so far as to undercut the point.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
He's always struck me as prone to hyperbole. I can't really get into his podcasts these days, either, but I'm always happy to see him on another podcast.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ChickenArise posted:

He's always struck me as prone to hyperbole. I can't really get into his podcasts these days, either, but I'm always happy to see him on another podcast.

He's great in small doses, I love him whenever he shows up on any of Doug Benson's stuff, and his appearances on Harmontown are always amazing (he plays a magical unicorn during the D&D/Shadowrun segments).

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eh. I still like Greg's podcast. He usually saves the 'boring, preachy parts' for the end so I can get a good half hour or so out of it. I also appreciate him exposing me to people and culture I wouldn't give much thought to before. His eulogy for Omar Sharif was fascinating (well more to the point Mr Sharif was fascinating Greg's enthusiasm and reverence was infectious.) I don't agree with everything he says but I doubt I would with most people.

I've been to a live SMITW or two and he seems like a stand up guy. He greeted everyone at the door with a handshake. I want a podcast with him and with his wife. That seems like it'd be an interesting dynamic.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Speaking of a different Greg, watching the LA Podfest videos made me go back and listen to some random old Walking the Rooms. They're still amazing, probably the one podcast I know will never fail to make me pause the audio so I can finish laughing.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Have they said anything about when they are releasing the last Episode?

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Sandweed posted:

Have they said anything about when they are releasing the last Episode?

Which? 206 "The Final Episode of Walking the Room"? http://walkingtheroom.libsyn.com/206-the-final-episode-of-walking-the-room

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The One from Podfest

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
MaxFun is gonna be weird this week

quote:

In honor of the unprecedented success of the 2015 MaxFunDrive a few months ago, MaxFun hosts pledged to orchestrate a full-on show swap where we jumble up all of your favorite shows and sprinkle hosts around all willy-nilly (to speak in technical terms). The time for this bold experiment has come -- we call it The Great Switcheroo, and we think you'll love it. Here's the rundown:

The Adventure Zone hosted by The Flop House

Baby Geniuses hosted by Bunker Buddies

Bullseye hosted by Guy Branum of Pop Rocket

Bunker Buddies hosted by Oliver Wang, Wynter Mitchell, and Margaret Wappler of Pop Rocket

The Flop House hosted by The Adventure Zone

International Waters hosted by Kevin Allison of RISK!

Jordan, Jesse, Go! hosted by My Brother, My Brother and Me

Judge John Hodgman hosted by One Bad Mother

Lady to Lady hosted by Baby Geniuses

My Brother, My Brother and Me hosted by Jesse Thorn, Dave Holmes, Rhea Butcher

Oh No, Ross and Carrie! hosted by Sawbones

One Bad Mother hosted by Stop Podcasting Yourself

Pop Rocket hosted by Throwing Shade

RISK! hosted by John Hodgman

Sawbones hosted by Oh No, Ross and Carrie!

Stop Podcasting Yourself hosted by Jordan, Jesse, Go!

Throwing Shade hosted by Wham Bam Pow

Wham Bam Pow hosted by Lady to Lady

Really lookinbg forward to the McElroy Flop House and whatever RISK! is.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 6, 2015

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

quote:

Pop Rocket hosted by Throwing Shade
Stop Podcasting Yourself hosted by Jordan, Jesse, Go!
Lady to Lady hosted by Baby Geniuses

I mean are these really "switcherooed". Unless Hodgeman has a super weird personal story to tell him hosting Risk! can't change much.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

SPY had Jon Dore as a guest which is a special thing in its own right. (It was good.)

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

The Berzerker posted:

SPY had Jon Dore as a guest which is a special thing in its own right. (It was good.)

"I wish I was a meadow" might be my favorite poem.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
We taped the International Waters switcheroo episode today. Some of my favorite NYC comics came on: Judah Friedlander, Dave Hill, Myka Fox & Jenny Jaffe. Hosted by Kevin Allison who could not have been a cooler guy.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
So lately, I've been re-listening to the whole run of Walking the Room. First off, if you haven't listened to it yet, do so. If you have listened to it, give it another listen like I have. Quite possibly my favorite podcast ever.

Second, I was listening to an episode where they had Jonah Ray as a guest (Greg and Dave only had guests occasionally). They were talking about how celebrities who have a nice persona aren't necessarily always nice in person. Then, out of nowhere, they mention how (paraphrasing) they wonder when the stuff about Bill Cosby won't come out until after he's gone. This was in 2011, BTW. Retrospectively, there's no question what they're talking about. Honestly wasn't too surprised, considering that when the serial rapes became public knowledge, Dave tweeted that it was an open secret in the industry.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It's not like it was just an open secret only known to comics until Hannibal Burress told a joke. He wasn't charged but there was a major civil suit in 2005 and women went on the Today Show and other outlets to talk about it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Any word on the LA podfest episode of walking the room being released from it's streaming prison?

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's not like it was just an open secret only known to comics until Hannibal Burress told a joke. He wasn't charged but there was a major civil suit in 2005 and women went on the Today Show and other outlets to talk about it.

I first heard about it from that Walking the Room episode, googled it, and thought poo poo, why I haven't I heard about this before?

But before Hannibal Buress brought it up, most of the news stories were piecemeal. I remember seeing a lot of stories that said "Bill Cosby settled a with an accuser." There weren't many stories that said "Bill Cosby has a very long history of similar rape accusations by a very large number of women."

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

wafflesnsegways posted:

I first heard about it from that Walking the Room episode, googled it, and thought poo poo, why I haven't I heard about this before?

But before Hannibal Buress brought it up, most of the news stories were piecemeal. I remember seeing a lot of stories that said "Bill Cosby settled a with an accuser." There weren't many stories that said "Bill Cosby has a very long history of similar rape accusations by a very large number of women."

There were a lot of comedians in LA who had "Bill Cosby is a rapist" material for a long time. Josh Androsky and Ed Greer are the two that come off the top of my head, but it would come up at open mics for years. It was kind of just something everybody knew.

Hell, 30 Rock made a joke about it in 2009:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1141332/30-Rock-makes-bold-joke-Bill-Cosby-2009.html

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Well Hannibal wrote for 30 Rock so that could be his joke too

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why is Greg Proops getting more insufferable every week? Every show is just an extended list of gifts fans have given him that night, obituaries, and more of his loving list of things he'd do as God-King Emperor, seeing as he's apparently forcing laws through left and right despite that being a Congress thing.

Oh, and him getting really loving pissed off over people questioning his support of Hillary, despite Bernie's politics matching Greg's way, way better. And then he tries to preemptively cut off criticism of his stance by saying how much of a feminist he is and if you think he's voting Hillary because she's a woman, etc etc etc... But that's it exactly! He doesn't ever list anything she's done that is why he's voting for her, just that "it's about time to let a woman be in charge". Yeah, I agree! But Warren won't run!

Ugh. I've listened every week since 2011 or so, and it makes me super sad that I might stop listening, but its getting really hard to bother.

Edit: going back to listen to old episodes is like night and day. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Greg Proops has taken his well-intentioned feminism too far and crossed over into a nonsensical realm where women are physically incapable of doing anything wrong. Even though I tend to agree with him on most things he brings up on the podcast, I stopped listening to it on a regular basis a month or two ago since it's not really funny anymore. Guy needs to scale back his preaching a whole lot since he's kind of turning into a liberal caricature as time goes on.

• Locked thread