Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thank god we're done with maths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Powerful Hanekawa this ep.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
If there was an episode that could tell you whether or not all that dialogue breaks the series for you
this is it
Not me though, I was captivated throughout

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was great, as was Hanekawa knowing exactly what makes Araragi tick.

I like that you never see Ougi's teeth, really adds that extra touch of lizard creepiness.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, this episode was good even it was just talking, having Hanekawa confront creepy Ougi was really good. I was almost scared that he was gonna end up choosing Ougi but luckily Hanekawa is amazing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I didn't really notice until the two were actually paired up against each other, but Ougi's uniform is really quite different from the normal version that Hanekawa wears, even aside from the different tie.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ougi is weird and every scene she's in makes me uncomfortable. Shaft's doing a fantastic job with her.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

darkgray posted:

Seems the flames of negativity are being fanned pretty high on the Japanese viewer side, though. "Nothing happened! Just talking!"

lol

Yeah, I liked this episode! Ougi continues to be amazing, and seeing Hanekawa square off against her was really awesome and pretty tense actually!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Ougi is weird and every scene she's in makes me uncomfortable. Shaft's doing a fantastic job with her.

:yeah: :)

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Hanekawa walking out of Sodachi's apartment looking like she'd been punched in the gut was amazing.

Not even Hanekawa can deal with that crazy lady.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Not sure how to take the shot of Ougi looking sad after getting denied. Someone clearly got played, but whom?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Hanekawa to the rescue.

Also here's Happy Bite but with sax.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh8l7hF-wsQ

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 25, 2015

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
im just glad that hanekawa is around because she's like the only person who doesn't constantly get instachumped by ougi

also, what is the timeline of this show? is this before or after tsubasa tiger?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think this is happening right before tiger story happens.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I love that it means Ougi was already around and talking about traffic lights with Koyomi before Kanbaru formally introduced them :) This fuckin' show :iiam:

e. wait, apparently that scene was a flash forward?? timeline is too spooky

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Iretep posted:

I think this is happening right before tiger story happens.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I like that a massive traffic jam is happening during the standoff between Ougi and Hanekawa and it gets worse and worse until it's resolved by Cat drawing her breast card.

They even use the cars as light.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

We finally saw Ougi's hands this episode. Not sure if it's the first time or not, but interesting nonetheless.

The way either Shaft or the author hides parts of Ougi is a huge part of her overall "charm", in my opinion. From her solid black, creepy, eyes to her hidden hands.....

Also, Hanekawa -- great idea on the offer she made to Koyomi. Made me laugh.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dan7el posted:

We finally saw Ougi's hands this episode. Not sure if it's the first time or not, but interesting nonetheless.

The way either Shaft or the author hides parts of Ougi is a huge part of her overall "charm", in my opinion. From her solid black, creepy, eyes to her hidden hands.....

Also, Hanekawa -- great idea on the offer she made to Koyomi. Made me laugh.

Even then, she's wearing gloves, so her hands are still hidden.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what if those gloves.... are her hands :spooky:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

what if those gloves.... are her hands :spooky:

That's a bit too spooky

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the wildest rear end posted:

That's a bit too spooky

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

We did see the gloved hands in hanamonogatari btw, when she was a he.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Redmark posted:

Not sure how to take the shot of Ougi looking sad after getting denied. Someone clearly got played, but whom?

Ougi played that out like someone who can afford to lose the battle because and is just wearing their opponent down. And sure enough, Hanekawa blew her trump card on a minor victory while Ougi won 2000 Senpai Points that she can redeem later.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

someone translated the timeline that was on the website

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Davincie posted:

thank god we're done with maths

I like maths but I'm honestly a little skeptical, has Araragi ever shown an interest in math prior to this episode? Am I misremembering?

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like maths but I'm honestly a little skeptical, has Araragi ever shown an interest in math prior to this episode? Am I misremembering?

Every since Ougi showed up I can't trust anything araragi says.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think he mentioned that he was good at math in like, episode 3 of Bake. Senjougahara insulted his grades, and he defended himself by saying he was good at math. If not episode 3, another similar situation.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

At the very least I remember it being established that he didn't suck at math. I Kizu also mentions it if that counts.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
It gets brought up in episode 12 of Bake- that Araragi's best subject is math during the car ride.

I know this because that might be my favorite episode of anything ever and I've seen it a whole lot of times.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

All the OPs are getting copyright blocked on youtube help

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

escape to vimeo, where it's safe

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

someone translated the timeline that was on the website
I don't get how the timeline works. If Hana is the only arc that happens after Tsuki, what happens to those plot threads (Yotsugi and Tadatsuru implying they're being manipulated by someone for something)? Are we getting more time shenanigans?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Considering Ougi appears even in Suruga Devil story I'd assume she stays in the background being annoying.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

openings.moe has them all

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Redmark posted:

I don't get how the timeline works. If Hana is the only arc that happens after Tsuki, what happens to those plot threads (Yotsugi and Tadatsuru implying they're being manipulated by someone for something)? Are we getting more time shenanigans?

there are arcs missing from this timeline.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was going to say, I remember there being an Ougi Dark and Mayoi Hell somewhere, as well as that short-story collection with lots of smaller arcs.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Clarste posted:

I think he mentioned that he was good at math in like, episode 3 of Bake. Senjougahara insulted his grades, and he defended himself by saying he was good at math. If not episode 3, another similar situation.

It's also mentioned in the character commentaries of bakemono!

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Argona posted:

It's also mentioned in the character commentaries of bakemono!

Zwingley posted:

It gets brought up in episode 12 of Bake- that Araragi's best subject is math during the car ride.

I know this because that might be my favorite episode of anything ever and I've seen it a whole lot of times.

AnoHito posted:

At the very least I remember it being established that he didn't suck at math. I Kizu also mentions it if that counts.

Clarste posted:

LIES don't you see Ougi has infected you all!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Linnaeus posted:

openings.moe has them all

This site is awesome.