Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Aside from the sword, the first exoghoul isn't half bad, unless I'm missing something. Might be a space cyborg centaur zombie demon, but he's cool.

The Warzone dudes that I have have much smaller heads than 40K. Could they be non-heroics? Also, anyone know anything about wazrone revival?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good to see the Shockmaster getting work.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Pierzak posted:

Not like many human minis were better:

Mastered the basics of shoulderpad design thought. They'll be on the GW staff in no time.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Green Intern posted:

Those Ezoghouls would look incredible battling a wizard on the side of a van.

You say that like there are things that DONT look incredible battling a wizard on the side of a van.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent posted:

Aside from the sword, the first exoghoul isn't half bad, unless I'm missing something. Might be a space cyborg centaur zombie demon, but he's cool.

The Warzone dudes that I have have much smaller heads than 40K. Could they be non-heroics? Also, anyone know anything about wazrone revival?

All I know about the Warzone revival is that Prodos kinda sucks at getting stuff out in a timely manner, but the minis for it are gorgeous. I have some of their Bauhaus guys lying around.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

SRM posted:

All I know about the Warzone revival is that Prodos kinda sucks at getting stuff out in a timely manner, but the minis for it are gorgeous. I have some of their Bauhaus guys lying around.

I trust you, plastic crotch man (that's an SM scout, right?). Wish the old trenchers and bauhaus were as pretty... or the new ones were as cheap. Ah well.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent posted:

I trust you, plastic crotch man (that's an SM scout, right?). Wish the old trenchers and bauhaus were as pretty... or the new ones were as cheap. Ah well.
Yeah, I got this av after I commented on the prominent highlighting on somebody's Marine scouts in the 40k thread; I've just never thought to change it. But yeah, the old Warzone models make even the oldest and Gary Morley-est GW sculpts look pretty good in comparison. They've got a certain charm to them though.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Those undead centaur duders loving own. I've seen a lot of the old War zone sculpt and most of them are... not great, but some of them are really awesome in that retro-90s way.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

FrostyPox posted:

Those undead centaur duders loving own. I've seen a lot of the old War zone sculpt and most of them are... not great, but some of them are really awesome in that retro-90s way.

I dug up a bunch of old Bauhaus guys the other day, along with some random brotherhood and last tribes of earth(?) or whatever those dudes were called. All wrapped in cloth with ridiculous gun-spears. Some of them look alright if you don't think about the proportions too hard.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That's the new Tau firewarrior kit, right? I can't tell.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I've seen this guy on Dakka. He has a whole army of those.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I hate anime but I love well-painted and/or converted joke armies, doubly so if they're the kind of joke army that will make some groggy warham somewhere extremely mad, so I am going to declare Magical Girl Fire Warrior Team Go! both cool and good.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Yeah, those are neat and it'd be fun to see them on the table vs some 'nids or orks. Any horde army, really.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Those are extremely low effort IMO

JcDent
May 13, 2013

So, those are just tau painted with fleshy colors? I don't know what you all are going about.

I hate the Tau, but the new breacher squad looks so cool

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
yeah I don't get it.

Did he make the breacher team heads smaller or something?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

why does he have the two on the left as Fire Warriors? they use melee weapons

very sloppy imho

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Enough paint to add +1 to armor save rolls. Historicals can be badly painted, too!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SRM posted:

I've seen this guy on Dakka. He has a whole army of those.

Is he the guy who modelled them with flat heads originally?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SynthOrange posted:

Is he the guy who modelled them with flat heads originally?
Oh jesus, those were like Parappa the Rappa's anime nightmare. I wish I could find them, they're horrifying.

This is the guy who made those Vocaloid Tau:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/387478.page
I'll say though, his Gundam Tau are actually pretty neat:

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

SRM posted:

Oh jesus, those were like Parappa the Rappa's anime nightmare. I wish I could find them, they're horrifying.

Tau painted in that color scheme look just terrible. They are good models that scheme may be the worst thing since Hitler. And in this thread I mean that literally.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I have this itch where I want to paint some space marines in the same colors as Sailor Moon characters. I'll post them in this thread first if I ever do.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SRM posted:

I could only find text. http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=117027

The pictures have been lost to time except for a really lovely pic of the models pre-painting.

Oh poo poo. There's ONE picture!

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 27, 2015

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

SRM posted:

This is amazing

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

Looks neat but they picked the expensive option. Shoulda just bought a bunch of these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/RX-75-Guntank-GUNPLA-Gundam-Senshi/dp/B000TNJ1AS

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SynthOrange posted:

I could only find text. http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=117027

The pictures have been lost to time except for a really lovely pic of the models pre-painting.

Oh poo poo. There's ONE picture!

Of course they were called the Desu Brigade. Of course they were. Thank you for finding an image of those abominations; even as a new-to-40k teenager I knew those were the foulest thing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
kill...us...

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
"Here i have A Assault squad that i covered in sand to give them i think a cool look, but the sand can be taken of pretty easy. Enjoy"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SOLD

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Cat Turd Squadron.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I've never seen Marines rolled in Panko crumbs before, they look like they'll fry up really nicely.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

I love me some bread-battered, deep-fried space mahreens!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Colonial Air Force posted:

I love me some bread-battered, deep-fried space spice mahreens!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
To be fair, that's what one of the age of Sigmar knights really looks like.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

parabolic posted:

Cat Turd Squadron.

A fitting army for the Cat Piss Man.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

From a facebook group, these are scratch built knights!

Facebook posted:

Wtt 3 scratch built imperial knights traded as seen in the pictures they stand as tall as a knight on the correct bases
Looking for tyranid or tau army in trade condition not important

There's no price mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Condition not important indeed. I wonder how they would look without paint