Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Donald Trump is the only candidate with the courage to stand up to Arab states, and tell them we will no longer allow them to hoard US oil in their nation's oil fields.
Bring this US oil back to the US, charge them rent for keeping it from us for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Trump talking about the Iraq War now, and "the surge".

He's doing that thing where he's saying the truth about Iraq, and it's still weird to agree with some of the things he's saying.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Trump is your drunk know-it-all uncle.

EDIT:

Trump is giving Iowa poo poo for his dropping poll numbers. This guy is fantastic.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Trump: "Ooh, do I have energy"

He's definitely taking the "high energy" vs "low energy" thing and running all the way with it.

E: So what exactly is/are "Corporate Inversions"?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

fade5 posted:

Trump: "Ooh, do I have energy"

He's definitely taking the "high energy" vs "low energy" thing and running all the way with it.

E: So what exactly is/are "Corporate Inversions"?

My rough understanding of it is when American corporations leave the USA for countries with lower corporate taxes. For instance Burger King moved their HQ to Canada because Ontario has lower corporate taxes.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Oh poo poo, Trumps just called SuperPACs "scams" right there!:eyepop:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Spider-Man has superhuman strength, agility, and spidey senses. He can literally life cars and has to pull his punches to make sure he doesn't accidentally kill people.

Batman is a rich man who knows karate.

We rate Rubio's Claim: Pants on Fire.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Montasque posted:

My rough understanding of it is when American corporations leave the USA for countries with lower corporate taxes. For instance Burger King moved their HQ to Canada because Ontario has lower corporate taxes.

Kind of. Corporate inversion is when a company buys a foreign company, then makes the company they bought their official HQ. So, Burger King buys a canadian company and then makes that company's assets part of the Burger King corporation and changes the company's HQ without having to go through the process of leaving the U.S. and reincorporating in Canada.

Inversion is like a company moving out of the country in name only by using a loophole that can be exploited when they merge with or buy a foreign company and reorganize.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

"Guys let me win Iowa"

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I like how "low energy" subtlety means "low testosterone"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Spider-Man has superhuman strength, agility, and spidey senses. He can literally life cars and has to pull his punches to make sure he doesn't accidentally kill people.

Batman is a rich man who knows karate.

We rate Rubio's Claim: Pants on Fire.

Not only could Batman take spiderman any day of the week, Adam West Batman could take Spiderman any day of the week. He carried knockout gas in his utility belt.

Spidey has a lot of fancy abilities but Bats always has a plan. He'd also be willing to go dark in ways that Spidey wouldn't (would Batman buy out Aunt May's mortgage and foreclose, just to make Spidey surrender? He would).

Mister Macys posted:

Actually, in the crossover short series from years back, Batman admitted Spider-Man would win.

That's exactly what Bats wants Spidey to think.

I mean I normally hate DC but it's no contest.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 28, 2015

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Carson is out polling Trump because he's being more crazy than Trump. Abolish Medicare, Social security, gun control created Hitler, no Muslim president, etc. Trump has been pretty quiet lately.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Trump just told Iowa to get their asses in gear.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Uh oh

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Trump's actually talking more about the polls than I expected.

But man, I'm almost expecting Trump to go back into the lead after this rally. He really is a good public speaker.

Trump: "And if I lose Iowa I'm never speaking to you again"
lol

Fake edit:

"Married, 8 children":stonk:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This guy asking question so wanted to say "those blacks"

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Trump is in the crowd and taking down contact info from wounded veterans so he can be their medical advocate to the VA.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Trump just pulled off some great political theater with that wounded vet.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh gently caress you

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

sharkbomb posted:

Trump is in the crowd and taking down contact info from wounded veterans so he can be their medical advocate to the VA.
It would be unironically cool if he could help out with that.

Caros
May 14, 2008

This image is loving with me. It's like one of those magic eye puzzles where something just isn't right. At first I thought it was a very slow motion gif, and even knowing that it's not I'm still just expecting him to slowly open his eyes.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Some really terrible dog whistling going on.

"Can't wait until [Trump's wife] puts class [wink, wink] back into the White House"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Put some white back into the White House

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I've been watching Trump since he announced his candidacy, and he seems MUCH more fluent on the stump than he did before. He used to be much more evasive, and now he's bringing up numbers and and specific plans (well, not terribly specific, but more than before). For example, dropping stats on the number of people living on food stamps... unexpected.

HE IS EVOLVING.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Burgers of Randuhira Paul.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Hello,
I'm Reince Priebus and I'm pissing my pants imagining all the phonecalls I'm going to have to field from some very, very rich and powerful people over the next few weeks.

Also, I know that Donald Trump knows my personal cell number and is 100% totally okay sharing it with the entire world if he decides to make a power play.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Not only could Batman take spiderman any day of the week, Adam West Batman could take Spiderman any day of the week. He carried knockout gas in his utility belt.

If only Spider-man had some sought of way to sense danger, react and then punch the attacker's lights out with his superman speed and strength.

Rubio is almost as wrong as you can be about comics, only being edged out by Jeb saying Batman is his favourite Marvel character.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
The answer is always Batman if he has prep time, and against spidey he doesn't even need that much prep

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

team overhead smash posted:

If only Spider-man had some sought of way to sense danger, react and then punch the attacker's lights out with his superman speed and strength.

Rubio is almost as wrong as you can be about comics, only being edged out by Jeb saying Batman is his favourite Marvel character.

I originally was thinking Batman would win, but Peter is also incredibly smart. Even if they both had time to prepare I am convinced that Spider-man would dominate.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
"Deal with them humanely" oh god I really do hate that kind of language, it's literally the language you use to talk about animals in animal shelters.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Trump is just saying whatever this crowd wants. Does he have any actual beliefs?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a helpful bear posted:

I originally was thinking Batman would win, but Peter is also incredibly smart. Even if they both had time to prepare I am convinced that Spider-man would dominate.

Batman vs Spidey would go about as well as Spidey vs Punisher - Not well for the person without literal super-powers.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
But what about Hulk vs Superman!?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

team overhead smash posted:

Spider sense only works against imminent threats. If it's slugfest, yeah, Spidey wins, but Bats would be smart enough to avoid it, and he wins any less physical confrontation.

Spidey is smart too, sure, but he doesn't have Batman's resources or gift for strategic planning.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Depends on how angry Hulk is, I'd say

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So many dog whistles tonight

Also do not call on the guy with the hand raised

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

a helpful bear posted:

But what about Hulk vs Superman!?

Already decided in Amalgam back in the 90's. Superman wins. Mind you, it was reader-vote-decided. This is the same system that had Wolverine beating Lobo and killed Jason Todd just for fun.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Kind of. Corporate inversion is when a company buys a foreign company, then makes the company they bought their official HQ. So, Burger King buys a canadian company and then makes that company's assets part of the Burger King corporation and changes the company's HQ without having to go through the process of leaving the U.S. and reincorporating in Canada.

Inversion is like a company moving out of the country in name only by using a loophole that can be exploited when they merge with or buy a foreign company and reorganize.

For example: Apple pays its corporate taxes in Ireland.

Ireland has a corporate tax rate of under 2%.

(Note that Apple is currently in serious legal trouble over this and may have to pay 19 billion dollars in back taxes)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

a helpful bear posted:

I don't know, I think Batman would win. He's stood his own against Darkseid before, and there's no way Spiderman wouldn't have been dismantled by that guy.

e:

Pancakes posted:

Already decided in Amalgam back in the 90's. Superman wins. Mind you, it was reader-vote-decided. This is the same system that had Wolverine beating Lobo and killed Jason Todd just for fun.

That's bullshit, Wolverine wouldn't beat Lobo. They're both immortal, it'd be a draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
How about you all STFU about super heroes in this thread - this is seriously the worst derail imaginable.

edit: I'd rather read 1000 Smoothrich posts

• Locked thread