Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

As a person with serious alt problems I'd have also probably preferred slightly less but 250 isn't bad. If you've got world completion it's only 5 hero challenges and there's more than 5 you can do solo in the first two zones alone. I still would've been happier if they'd given the basic movement masteries during the appropriate parts of the story (gliding/updrafts, bouncing mushrooms, exalted markings, nuloch wallows as required) but this has gone a long way to fix things.

That said, there's still a reason to do all the hero points because in case you're unaware, the new legendaries added with HoT require Gifts of Maguuma Exploration which involve 100%ing the 4 new zones. Also, doing Hero challenges on alts are a really good source of Maguuma experience which you need tons of to unlock some of the areas blocked by higher tier masteries. It's just not required to unlock your elite spec if you're only doing them in the new areas any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

So is there any word on whether there will be any new hairstyles and colours for the races soon? I won a total makeover kit and want to use for my new Rev but if there are going to be any new hairs (sylvari particularly) I'll wait till then.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Just got my 400th HP on my Rev!

Thank God they are dropping them to 250!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^ I did last night, thanks arena not

ItBurns posted:

For real though the mob difficulty is fine.

I guess this is the main issue I have:

Harrow posted:

That said, some of them absolutely tip over the line from "difficult" to "needlessly annoying" (gently caress smokescales) and some areas are probably too thick with quickly-respawning veterans.

The mobs that can kill you in like 2-3 hits should be toned down, and some of the super dense crowds should be thinned out a bit and just make it so it's not a stressful chore requiring a spec change just to run from point A to point B without killing everything and taking 3 hours as I go. Not a drastic change. I understand and appreciate that they want the new zones to be more difficult, that's fine.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 27, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That means I'll have full druid when that update drops, WOOHOO.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

CLAM DOWN posted:

The mobs that can kill you in like 2-3 hits should be toned down, and some of the super dense crowds should be thinned out a bit and just make it so it's not a stressful chore requiring a spec change just to run from point A to point B without killing everything and taking 3 hours as I go. Not a drastic change. I understand and appreciate that they want the new zones to be more difficult, that's fine.

I somewhat agree with this. While I think that for the most part, HoT mobs are fine, there are a few select cases that remind me of launch-era Orr. But whereas launch-era Orr was "gently caress, pulled/immobilized/chilled again, have to kill this trash mob," HoT is "gently caress, got too close to pocket raptor swarm/got tagged by smokescale/got three rolling devils on my rear end, am dead." And that's a little more annoying given the relative paucity of WPs and how frequently they're contested.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

nessin posted:

Except those loving frog assassins and the couple packs of 10+ mini-raptors I've seen.

I haven't had a problem with the mini raptors, but the bow and arrow frogs and the ones that do the revenant sword 3 thing can gently caress off. Everything else has been pretty okay, though I did switch to soldier armor with berserker accessories. Things still die just as fast.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Fixing player population and reducing the number of hero points to get an elite spec, plus a relatively smooth launch and fairly quick addressing and fixing of bugs. I like this new anet.

I'm a horrible monster that got world complete on all my characters, so 5 hero challenges is much easier than 20.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 28, 2015

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Hefty posted:

I haven't had a problem with the mini raptors, but the bow and arrow frogs and the ones that do the revenant sword 3 thing can gently caress off. Everything else has been pretty okay, though I did switch to soldier armor with berserker accessories. Things still die just as fast.

Have you hit the large packs of mini raptors that are difficult to avoid? Off the top of my head there is a tunnel running south on the west centerish side of Auric basin that you have to run through or divert through the city to get around, but the tunnel has 15 or so mini-raptors. They shred you nearly instantly, I only got through by loading up on condition abilities and having them burn themselves out so I'd keep rallying after falling in the first couple seconds.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Your Computer posted:

Anyone else outraged?

Goodbye me caring for the content in the expansion, since I don't have to do it for my rewards.
While you're at it - give me free legendaries on character creation. Thanks, I wouldn't want to have to play the game for my rewards.
Maybe bump me up to 30K Achievement points.
Inb4 "That's not the same thing" Sure it isn't.... Sure.....

seriously, "they" got their 2nd nerf in 5 (!!!) days. 250 HP for elite specs are ridiculous when you have 214 from the tyria map completion. and the tyrian masteries are already a joke, because of the cof farm. I bet the next thing they do is to cut the overall xp needed for masteries...

"meaningfull progression" and pve open world "endcontent" my rear end, thx to the whiners, which will whine again before wintersday that HoT has nothing worth to play anymore!

F you guys... just F you!

i hate people like that so much :allears:

thank you

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Harrow posted:

Let's see...

Source, if you feel like wading in yourself: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/THANK-YOU-250-HP-For-Elites/first

Worth noting that these people are so far the minority. Most people seem pretty content with the change.

you too

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

So I was part of the 2nd completion of the dragon stand meta event and due to all the crashes and general trying to figure out what the gently caress to do I got a single screenshot so enjoy!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Does anybody here have Exalted Mastery 2 and also happen to be a Mesmer? I am missing one PoI in Auric Basin that I would like to get :buddy:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Does anybody here have Exalted Mastery 2 and also happen to be a Mesmer? I am missing one PoI in Auric Basin that I would like to get :buddy:

:wave:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yay! But it's okay Happyactionfuntime just took care of it! Also, I 100%ed Auric Basin and got... literally nothing. :saddowns: Aren't they supposed to give out stuff for the gift of maguuma exploration or whatever?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Being only 18, it feels like using death shroud as a necro is kind of a waste of time compared to just stabbing things with a dagger, unless I need to Not Die for a few seconds. I take it this improves significantly with traits? Or does it mostly stay in that state at 80?

I know it doesn't matter much with how easy this stuff is but I get weirded out if I'm not sure I'm doing something "right" :shobon:

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

nessin posted:

Have you hit the large packs of mini raptors that are difficult to avoid? Off the top of my head there is a tunnel running south on the west centerish side of Auric basin that you have to run through or divert through the city to get around, but the tunnel has 15 or so mini-raptors. They shred you nearly instantly, I only got through by loading up on condition abilities and having them burn themselves out so I'd keep rallying after falling in the first couple seconds.

Yeah, but I was playing scrapper and hammer 5 > 3 > 2 is usually enough to kill all of them while taking almost no damage.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yay! But it's okay Happyactionfuntime just took care of it! Also, I 100%ed Auric Basin and got... literally nothing. :saddowns: Aren't they supposed to give out stuff for the gift of maguuma exploration or whatever?

If your character has world complete you get nothing for completing any zones. You should also be able to get stuff retroactively for karkaland/dry top/silverwastes but you don't get that either. I'm assuming it's a bug but you never know...

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

All of you people talking about the worst enemy and no-one says the mushrooms.

It's the mushrooms. gently caress mushrooms.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

SlothBear posted:

If your character has world complete you get nothing for completing any zones. You should also be able to get stuff retroactively for karkaland/dry top/silverwastes but you don't get that either. I'm assuming it's a bug but you never know...

:lol:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Being only 18, it feels like using death shroud as a necro is kind of a waste of time compared to just stabbing things with a dagger, unless I need to Not Die for a few seconds. I take it this improves significantly with traits? Or does it mostly stay in that state at 80?

I know it doesn't matter much with how easy this stuff is but I get weirded out if I'm not sure I'm doing something "right" :shobon:

In my limited experience I don't use Death Shroud much in PvE but it's extremely useful in PvP.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Ciaphas posted:

You can gear and trait up to make your plague blast do some pretty big numbers as well as getting 50% more critical chance while in death shroud.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ciaphas posted:

That's pretty much right for normal Death Shroud. Dagger autoattack has very good DPS on its own and without the trait that makes the death shroud magic cannonball attack thing pierce through mobs and hit the ones behind them it's not that great. Later on you get trait upgrades that allow it to do stuff like apply vulnerability (debuff that increases damage taken by the mob) when attacking, generate might when attacking (buff on you that gives power/condition damage) and apply burning when attacking which make it significantly better for damage. The elite spec changes Death Shroud to Reaper's Shroud which does melee attacks instead of ranged and basically turns you into an AoE damage monster.

But yeah, for levelling I'd stick to using a dagger mostly (with probably a warhorn as your offhand), having either axe or staff for a ranged weapon on your second weapon set, use the signet utility that gives 25% runspeed and then whatever else you want for utilities (I prefer wells).

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Pretty Princess Chat: Necromancer Edition

What goes well with the Reaper's Hood?

The plain, worn fabric of the hood clashes with most of the robes available.

Any suggestions?

Alt Chat:

Revenant or Druid for the most supporty guy possible?

Xae fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 28, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Brain In A Jar posted:

All of you people talking about the worst enemy and no-one says the mushrooms.

It's the mushrooms. gently caress mushrooms.

The mushrooms are adorable and my favourite HoT enemy :3:

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

The charging mushroom is the worst. The others are fine.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

CLAM DOWN posted:

The mushrooms are adorable and my favourite HoT enemy :3:

Just wait until you get your widefrog mastery up and you can see the treasure mushrooms waddling around. Hurry up though because they're overstuffed sacks of hp and I need someone to help me kill them in a reasonable amount of time.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Xae posted:

Pretty Princess Chat: Necromancer Edition

What goes well with the Reaper's Hood?

The plain, worn fabric of the hood clashes with most of the robes available.

Any suggestions?

Alt Chat:

Revenant or Druid for the most supporty guy possible?

I haven't seen the reaper's hood, but the Flame Legion Vestments look downright ragged.
Unfortunately, they also make your arms fiery (and tail, if you're a charr), which doesn't necessarily work well for a necromancer.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

At what level is grouping up for dungeons and poo poo recommended?

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qhhjy/bag_bag_bag_click_click_bag_click_bag_bag_click/

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

khy posted:

At what level is grouping up for dungeons and poo poo recommended?

You can conceivably do dungeons once you pass the level that you would be scaled down to, but be aware that LFG people may only want 80s. Goons will take anyone though.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/heads-up-iteration-incoming/

This post confirms there was something hosed up with the megaservers in the new zones.

Also, Elite Specs will only require 250 Hero Points instead of 400! gently caress yeah, alt city!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Patch is out. ~650 MB

quote:

Bug Fixes:
General
- Fixed server crashes.
- Fixed client crashes.
- Fixed a crash in guild mission instances.
- Changed the total cost to fully unlock elite specializations from 400 to 250. For players who have parts of the track trained, hero points will be refunded for the difference between the old cost and the new.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the client to appear frozen for extended periods of time when attempting to play a cutscene without having fully patched the game.
- Fixed a bug in which some attuned ascended rings from the Mystic Forge were misnamed.

Verdant Brink
- Fixed an issue in which the water dolyak in the cannon event at the Pact Encampment could sometimes enter a state where he could not be interacted with, stalling the event.
- Fixed an issue in which Scout Acan would not acknowledge some players who successfully glided by him.
- Changed bosses in the Nightthistle hero challenge in Verdant Brink to no longer be random.
- The Coztic Itzel hero point challenge has moved to the location of the former Mordrem Flamerider hero challenge.
- Turned the Mordrem Flamerider hero challenge into a commune point and moved it to the old location of the Coztic Itzel hero challenge.
- Updated the hero challenge near Itzel Village in Verdant Brink so that earning it is more clearly understood.

Auric Basin
- Fixed a bug that would give players achievement credit for Vinetooth even if Vinetooth was not defeated.
- Updated the Toxic Bacon hero challenge in Auric Basin so that earning it is more clearly understood.
- Fixed an issue preventing the chak lobber brood from spawning.
- Players wielding Enchanted Armors who are inside the Skritt Challenge area when the auction closes will no longer lose their transform.
- Fixed the Exalted at Westwatch and Southwatch who arrive at the beginning of Trial by Fire to play their scene and stand station at the challenges.

Tangled Depths
- Removed experience from mushrooms in the “Collect spore samples and turn them in to Kott’s Assistant” event to prevent experience farming.

Heart of Thorns Story
- Fixed a bug in which the Veteran Chak Blitzer in “Chapter 13: Buried Insight” was dying prematurely and not triggering a story cutscene.

Guild Halls
- Fixed an issue that prevented Aetherium Boosts purchased from the influence trader from applying their full effect.
- Removed the Badge of Tribute cost requirement from War Room Restoration 1.

Adventures
- Fixed a bug wherein The Ley-Line Run had mismatching time thresholds between Daily and All Time.
- Bugs in the Branches, Flying Circus, Shooting Gallery, and Beetle Feast adventures are now available more frequently.
- Increased the threshold for gold, silver, and bronze in the Sanctum Scramble Adventure.

Ranger
- Pack Alpha: Fixed a bug in which this trait was not applying its recharge reduction to some of the new pet skills on the Bristleback, Smokescale, Fire Wyvern, and Electric Wyvern.
- Druid—Terminate Celestial Avatar: Updated description text on this skill.
- Druid—Astral force no longer degenerates out of combat.

Necromancer
- Reaper—Blighter’s Boon: This trait now only procs for boons you apply to yourself. Increased healing level multiplier by 25%, increased healing attribute multiplier by 330%.

Mesmer
- Chronomancer—Gravity Well: Reduced damage of final strike by 20%.

Revenant
- Infuse Light: Reduced the duration from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Phase Traversal: Added a 5-second recharge.
- Crystal Hibernation: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Soothing Bastion: Increased the recharge from 20 seconds to 25 seconds.
- Surge of the Mists: Reduced the damage by 15%.

Guardian
- Dragonhunter—Procession of Blades: Increased the cooldown of this ability from 20 to 25 seconds.
- Dragonhunter—Test of Faith: Reduced the duration of this trap from 9 seconds — the tooltip incorrectly indicated 8 — to 6.
- Dragonhunter—Dragon’s Maw: Increased the cooldown of this ability from 60 to 75 seconds.

Thief
- Deadly Arts: Improvisation: Fixed an issue that prevented this trait from recharging physical skills when stealing from an enemy.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 28, 2015

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015
I ran into some goons on a conquest map today, they may remember me, I had fun decimating you both over and over. It brought back memories from when Chosen Chaos use to decimate you guys on Lowca, and I really missed those days. If only I could take out my frustration on conando once more, god speed elitist jerks, god speed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Welp, it finally happened. 3 years of playing and a patch broke my launcher :ohdear:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cobra-Commander posted:

I ran into some goons on a conquest map today, they may remember me, I had fun decimating you both over and over. It brought back memories from when Chosen Chaos use to decimate you guys on Lowca, and I really missed those days. If only I could take out my frustration on conando once more, god speed elitist jerks, god speed.

grats :)

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Anyone know if Rune of Evasion works with the Daredevil dodges? I'm a sucker for flipping around like a ninja and socking guys in the jaw so I'm trying to find a good PVP build.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

quote:

Druid—Astral force no longer degenerates out of combat.

YASSSSS gaga SLAY

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Druid—Astral force no longer degenerates out of combat.

That was a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Oh no, I came back and the guild replaced me! Maybe I shouldn't vanish for months.

What all should I be doing before the event ends?

• Locked thread