Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Instant Sunrise posted:

i'd buy the 30 fps one because "this will probably run better on my garbage pc"

Both games will probably run the same at 30 fps. It's just that one can also run at 60 fps. It's not like games that run at 60 fps require more resources just for potential frames when run at 30 fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stux posted:

if iti sint the same answer as what ud do in the same situtation with two games that both run at the sasme frame rate you'rean idiot i hope this helps;

Games with more fps often look nicer than games with fewer fps.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 28, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nasgate posted:

:agreed:

It's like D vs DD breast size, who the gently caress cares? It's what they're attached to that matters.
DD is too big.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
drat, i really wish dangan ronpa 2 had stretched out the prologue gimmick longer :(

oh well, time to try and see if i can get to the first murder tonight!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

precision posted:

drat, i really wish dangan ronpa 2 had stretched out the prologue gimmick longer :(

oh well, time to try and see if i can get to the first murder tonight!

How many fps does Romper Stomper 2 have?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The first time I realized the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS was a teenager when I first got a PS2 and went from a marathon of Kingdom Hearts to Ratchet & Clank and it suddenly clicked that they looked different. It was a pretty cool moment, and I enjoyed both games immensely.

Also when I played Lego Island as a kid my computer was such a shitbox that the framerate was in the single-digits, so up until a few years ago I thought it was a game like Myst rather than a fully real-time 3d environment.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Undertale

"30fps lock. Genre: RPG"

Lol steam discussion has people not buying it because of this

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
you shouldn't let posts made by children or the clueless make you so mad

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
There are people who actually buy games because of fps and graphics and poo poo which means they are probably retards who are in it for the epic story :lol:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
but seriously, is Undertale even remotely as good as people are saying

like if i'm fairly close to being a sort of normal human being, will i enjoy it, or is it... you know... art

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

precision posted:

like if i'm fairly close to being a sort of normal human being, will i enjoy it, or is it... you know... art

it's pretty good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

precision posted:

Yea.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

It's really fun, and it's the rare RPG that instead of being a zillion hours long is fairly short but hugely replayable.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

precision posted:

it's okay. Massively over-rated, but still does some interesting things

if you want to get an idea if you'll like it the demo is not unrepresentative

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

its a cute story with replayability but no its just people high on feels that are calling it the best thing ever. its a quality indie game but if it changes your life your life was probably pretty crappy to begin with. i laughed a fair bit though.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
just play it through on a weekend.

take note of the fact you don't need to kill literally anyone and play it that way to get the most out of the first playthrough

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Or just play it how you want. =P

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Instead of minmaxing an eight hour indie RPG.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXxdC9X3hxg

Can't wait for Fallout 4.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'll probably wait until it's on sale then, i mean i've barely touched MGS5 still and Tales of Xillia and just started Dangan Ronpa 2 and just today got back into trying some of the custom scenarios in This War of Mine

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

program666 posted:

you shouldn't let posts made by children or the clueless make you so mad

you could've warned us about you five pages ago and prevented all this!!!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Someone demonstrate that the forums run at less than 60fps so these retards will go away

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

Temper your expectations, no game could live up to the hype Undertale currently has.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Paladinus posted:

It may be more fun to play a game that looks better.

*Looks at Halo 5, decides it looks better than Undertale*

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

my favorite game of all time is The Order

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

precision posted:

it's literally my GOTY.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Adam Bowen posted:

my favorite game of all time is The Order

Order devs posted:

CVG: So of the three key aspects of a game - visuals, gameplay and story - which would you say was your priority with The Order 1886?

Game director (Dana Jan): I think story and visuals are very high. Gameplay is something that... it's a game, we make games, we can't get around it. We love games, but we also love telling stories, so I think story is always going to be at the top because it's what we start with. It's at the top of the pyramid and everything else supports that. I think it'd be more challenging to make a game for the gameplay's sake, then try to make a story that fits in there.

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

I think if you go into the game expecting it to be as good as people say it is, you're going to be disappointed. It's a pretty drat good game though and if you go in without the hype I think you might enjoy it.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

net cafe scandal posted:

Instead of minmaxing an eight hour indie RPG.

yea, definitely

just beware that if you kill a single thing you're committing yourself to a second playthrough with almost identical content until the end if you want the good end

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Real hurthling! posted:

binding of issac, rogue legacy, crypt of the necrodancer, galak z, are all good to very good.
only rogue legacy is an action platformer like spelunky though and spelunky is way better platformer than it. (RL's draw is upgrading your family's resources to get stronger but has some slow and basic play mechanics when you go on a run)

There's Super House of Dead Ninjas too, which is very fast (like Sonic Rush 'what the gently caress even killed me?' fast) and deliciously crunchy but doesn't have much roguelikelike potential for emergent shenanigans for the simple reason that in most cases you're three screens down by the time the bomb you knocked out of someone's hands actually explodes. It went for two whole bucks in the Adult Swim Games sale the other day and it's worth at least twice that. You'll need a D-pad you can trust with your life though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hubris.height posted:

yea, definitely

just beware that if you kill a single thing you're committing yourself to a second playthrough with almost identical content until the end if you want the good end

turns out one of the few things I killed was one of the really crucial ones who tells you that a second playthrough might yield something different

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPG7Mwe0ZpQ

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Tales of Zestiria is better than Undertale.

if you can only play one RPG play ToZ.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Assassins Creed is a lot more anime than I remember

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hmmm, I think you may have confused TTR's current favourite RPG with rear end Creed

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Make%20My%20Video/video/12439416

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cardboard Box A posted:

Assassins Creed is a lot more anime than I remember

This game looks like all sorts of arse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It looks nothing like your face tho????

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's only one good RPG with Xeno in the title and it's on the PSX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

It looks nothing like your face tho????

Yes, it probably has something to do with the fact that my face doesn't look like any sort of arse. In fact, when people look at my face, they often comment how much it doesn't resemble an arse in any possible manner. And I know they are not just being charitable, I took an online test which confirmed it with 100% certainty.

• Locked thread