Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I dunno why but it annoys me that this manchild is a multi millionaire.

Hardly the most controversial opinion. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

He's annoying as hell but he seems like a decent guy. Plus he's Swedish so a huge portion of that funds a robust social welfare system.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

AKA Pseudonym posted:

He's annoying as hell but he seems like a decent guy. Plus he's Swedish so a huge portion of that funds a robust social welfare system.

He doesn't live in Sweden anymore. If I remember correctly, he currently resides in LA, where all popular youtubers seem to move.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

He's actually a real smart dude that plays up a role for the camera because he knows it's what people who watch him want to see.

If being an idiot and playing video games on camera was enough to make you a millionaire, there'd be a whole lot more of 'em.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Paladinus posted:

He doesn't live in Sweden anymore. If I remember correctly, he currently resides in LA, where all popular youtubers seem to move.

Nah, he lives somewhere in England.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

There are bigger injustices in the world than a goofy guy being popular with kids.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, he ain't my bag, but there are multi-millionaire's that literally make their millions from the dying and the chronically ill. That's worse than having an online video hosting site pay you for advertising space because you scream at scary video games.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Wish I could make a million bucks screaming rape jokes into a webcam

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dude's no different from any actor who hams it up to entertain kids, except maybe that the money is going to him rather than a studio.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

PewDiePie enjoyed the benefits of Swedish welfare until he started making his own money and moved to England to avoid paying the taxes that support said welfare. Also, was born to rich parents which is probably the only reason he could afford to gently caress around on youtube in the first place.

He is a piece of poo poo.

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 14:30 on Oct 27, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wow... looks like the Pewds owned a lot of people in this thread pretty hard.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Whoa, I was gonna call him a turd, but then I remembered that Fred Singer is a bigger turd. Then again, he's not Charles Koch, who is a pretty big douche. Am I allowed to dislike him, goons? I'm sure he's not the greatest turd in the world.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
i less hate him than i hate that people like him

he made a bajillion dollars off the back of people having absolutely no sense of humor

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hate him because he made shitloads of money off something I could have done but didnt.

So now I hate myself.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I don't hate him, I haven't even seen his videos. Just saying, tax evasion makes you a piece of poo poo.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
lol moving to another country is not tax evasion you goon

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Have you tried it,

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Buncha sour grapes ITT

He's a clown! Who doesn't like a clown? Is it that he ruined the sanctity of Let's Play?

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Buncha sour grapes ITT

He's a clown! Who doesn't like a clown? Is it that he ruined the sanctity of Let's Play?

i have no strong feelings about this guy, but in general it's not unusual to dislike a clown when that clown is not funny

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Buncha sour grapes ITT

It's about ethics in Let's Play gaming.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Panniculus Rift posted:

i have no strong feelings about this guy, but in general it's not unusual to dislike a clown when that clown is not funny

John Wayne Gacy was a funnier clown.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
Person makes under what the populace thinks they should earn = underrated and amazing at what they do

Person makes over what the populace thinks they should earn = overrated and also never been good at what they do

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
nah he's good at what he does, which is create things without merit for people without merit

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Megera posted:

Person makes under what the populace thinks they should earn = underrated and amazing at what they do

Person makes over what the populace thinks they should earn = overrated and also never been good at what they do

In conclusion: Everyone, and everything sucks.

Johntalouette
Oct 30, 2013

baba yetu yetu uliye

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Johntalouette posted:

baba yetu yetu uliye

And now for some (mildly NSFW) blasphemy: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aL6wlTDPiPU

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Oct 27, 2015

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Everyone who makes more money than you is an rear end in a top hat, QED

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

One of the universal truths

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

And everyone who makes less is a lazy loser.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Worthington's Second Law

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I don't think we've heard enough opinions about an internet man yet. Come on, speak up everyone, the funny pictures thread wouldn't be the same without it.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

I think it was funny...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hyperlynx posted:

I don't think we've heard enough opinions about an internet man yet. Come on, speak up everyone, the funny pictures thread wouldn't be the same without it.

PewDiePie has a funny accent. If it was a picture, I'd post it in this thread.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Paladinus posted:

PewDiePie has a funny accent. If it was a picture, I'd post it in this thread.

I think PewDiePie was the first dumb internet thing I'd heard about first through south park. I'm losing touch.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

duh, how do you think they power that puff of air test everybody hates?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Minarch posted:

duh, how do you think they power that puff of air test everybody hates?

Please, it's called a PooDieEye test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I don't hate-hate the man (though I think he's unfunny) he's just the current fad that the kids like that adults don't get at all, and he's already well past the peak of his fad popularity. What makes me crazy about him is that he's the prime example for how advertisers STILL don't understand how the internet works. 100% of his sweet youtube cash comes from getting paid for every time an ad shows during his videos, right? Well something like 99.99% of his regular audience is 10-14 year olds who will never have either the money nor the desire to spend it that these advertisers are there for. You will never, ever be able to convince me this method is actually profitable for the advertisers, and he and his ilk are laughing all the way to the bank.

• Locked thread