Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Steve Vader posted:

So does everybody have "breakout" moves that interrupt entrances, or just a few?

They might have stored finishers? Not sure actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Perry Normal posted:

I don't even have words for how much I hate the submission system. It's so loving stupid. Either let me button mash or come up with something better than this garbage. Also, I can't find options for body hair in CAW, which is supremely annoying since the first CAW I tried to make was Zangief from Street Fighter.

There's a lot of nice little touches in the game so far, but I'm pretty goddamn miffed that I'm probably just never going to bother ever going for submissions cause I hate the system so much.

They changed it because not everyone can button mash and turbo controllers completely ruin the online mode. They just borrowed it from the UFC games.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

They changed it because not everyone can button mash and turbo controllers completely ruin the online mode. They just borrowed it from the UFC games.

Do the WWE games have a large online VS community? I tried it a couple times when the feature was new and then decided to never go online with a WWE game again

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

KungFu Grip posted:

And it sucked in the UFC games too. I don't give a poo poo about online, hell, make it so you have to use the dumb system online, I don't care. Let me set it so I can button mash at home.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Do the WWE games have a large online VS community? I tried it a couple times when the feature was new and then decided to never go online with a WWE game again

The games released around 2006/2007 (holy poo poo a decade ago) had a pretty good community, if I recall. 2K15 had an awful system for finding games though, it was basically impossible unless you got incredibly lucky. I'm only buying 2k16 once it's on PC, but from what I've seen the online matchmaking at least looks better.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Perry Normal posted:

And it sucked in the UFC games too. I don't give a poo poo about online, hell, make it so you have to use the dumb system online, I don't care. Let me set it so I can button mash at home.

"Multiple grapple systems" is probably so far down the design doc it's next to dinosaur bones.

modern villian
May 4, 2009
The submission system is absolute trash. It makes me hate the whole game

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Do like the N64 games and just let the game decide when someone taps out imo.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I thought reversals were supposed to be limited now? Because Wrestlemania 13 is turning into a catch as catch can classic.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

Couldn't turbo controllers be reduced in effectiveness by setting a limit on how many presses register every second? They could just set the number to something humans could actually do.

modern villian
May 4, 2009
And for some reason I can't use signatures or finishers against Bret Hart in Showcase? Which means I can't complete the match?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

modern villian posted:

And for some reason I can't use signatures or finishers against Bret Hart in Showcase? Which means I can't complete the match?

Aren't you supposed to lose that one?

modern villian
May 4, 2009
One of the objectives is to use the Stunner, but I think I figured it out. The stamina bar is too easy to use up

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just started hearing that WWE16 is actually good this year. Is there a list of changes from last year's offering?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm liking My Career, much more right to the action this time, and I love that every interview ends with an awkward 'mhm' smile and nod because they didn't want two days of voice recording to get 'well that's that' or something.

Also how do you do run ins and breakouts in Universe, I only tinkered with it for a second but couldn't find it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You can interfere in matches in MyCareer, right? If so can you interfere in any old match or only specific ones.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^^Yea but you have to get through the tutorial and your first default rivalry with Breeze first. It takes a bit but you'll be able to run in and gently caress with people freely fairly soon, they just want to ease you into the whole rivals and tag team buddy system I guess.

Haha there's an interview question on if you've played the game or not and you can either be a good employee and say 'yea what kid watching WWE doesn't want to be a superstar too' or heel it up and poo poo talk the game. Kinda loving some of these interviews.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
They are patching user created title matches in Universe.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I remember in the leadup to 2k15, folks were really excited about a new career mode that wasn't just about going on a winning streak, it was about building a fan base by putting on matches with diverse spots, building feuds that the audience cared about, etc. It seemed really cool

How much, uh, how much of a disappointment did that end up being

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jenny Angel posted:

I remember in the leadup to 2k15, folks were really excited about a new career mode that wasn't just about going on a winning streak, it was about building a fan base by putting on matches with diverse spots, building feuds that the audience cared about, etc. It seemed really cool

Pretty poo poo! Luckily 16 added a lot to it and while it's not perfect by far it's much more in line with the 'this is about reaching the hall of fame and telling your story' more than 'just keep winning matches that get tweeted at you by a lady who hasn't worked for us in actual years'.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Jenny Angel posted:

The main things I remember from 2K15's MyCareer are Bill DeMott yelling "DO YOU EVEN WANT TO BE HERE" at me and Michael Cole calling my finisher the "whatamaneuver". Also, doing taunts made the crowd hate me for some reason. I'm supposed to be a flashy luchador so showing off is what I do, you fucks :argh:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

How about wrestling the WWE style. You'll never get over with all that flash

Anyway I'm Basic_chunnel on PSN if anybody wants to send their Sonics / Buff Hitlers to do run-ins in my game. One thing that was annoying about 2K15 was that it didn't seem to ever update your imported guys, so you'd end up completely outclassing them in short order. Maybe they fixed that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The cuts to the crowd going "buhhh?" after he does an RKO kinda kill me.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
You got more points by putting on matches with lots of spots and near falls. The rewards for that were the ability to purchase abilities or stats more quickly.

It was a waste.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The cuts to the crowd going "buhhh?" after he does an RKO kinda kill me.

That's what has killed me about this series - the atmosphere. I feel like the crowd and commentary don't match what is going on - everyone should be going nuts when these RKOs happen.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
So I was dumb and got the game, but this happened and was pretty cool

https://youtu.be/W6KoMHlgmbo

Finally getting used to that submission mini game, man it's a pain in the rear end at first.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Is the new submission mini game copied from EA UFC? If so, loving finally I'm tired of jamming my finger into the controller to try to get out of a submission.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Wasn't the SCSA Showcase going to have the WCW/ECW stuff? Like the Whiplash title match? Mine starts at the KotR final with Roberts.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

gypsyshred posted:

Wasn't the SCSA Showcase going to have the WCW/ECW stuff? Like the Whiplash title match? Mine starts at the KotR final with Roberts.

I saw in the trophies an achievement for finishing the bonus matches in the showcase so they're probably in there.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
They said in some interview somewhere that the non-WWE stuff is "bonus" matches.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

gypsyshred posted:

So far the main showcase follows KotR and on, but bonus matches are littered in throughout the timeline that you can select manually. The first one being Bash at the Beach '94 Austin vs. Steamboat.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Welp. Bought in. Can't play it until after work. But, I suppose I can always return it if it sucks.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I got it. its cool. but wtf, you can't put designs over the lucha masks? :wtc:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Are there significant differences between ps360 and ps4/xbone[/pc, eventually?]

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

No idea but I'd be impressed if there weren't - the difference between generations last year was pretty significant.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Bah a bunch of MK names yet they can't be bothered to add cage to the last name list. Well hello Johnny Dondelinger.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Evil Canadian posted:

Bah a bunch of MK names yet they can't be bothered to add cage to the last name list. Well hello Johnny Dondelinger.

That seems like a big oversight considering MK is doing a big crossover with Immortals currently. In any case, impressions seem to be good, so I may just have to treat myself to the game. CAW creation looks like a lot of fun this year.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I wasn't expecting them to voice the worker in MyCareer, dude has serious Shepard voice - just doesn't sound right coming out of anyone except a white Canadian man

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Also I really hope the CAW creators go into overdrive because it is going to be hellish making up 100 guys when the toolset is so incredibly granular. I'll never learn how to style eyes in a way that's not horrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
CAW creators are already doing good things.