Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Cythereal posted:

Battle of Ilum -> False Emperor
Czerka Corporate Labs -> Czerka Core Meltdown
Kaon Under Siege -> Lost Island

I think those are the only ones where order matters beyond the Forged Alliances/Shadow of Revan flashpoints you should have done leveling up. If you haven't done them, also do Taral V/Boarding Party -> Maelstrom Prison/The Foundry.

I think I did the launch-era ones at least on republic side forever ago. What about Depths of Manann-Legacy of the Rakata-etc, are those automatically given to you when you start SoR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

StashAugustine posted:

I think I did the launch-era ones at least on republic side forever ago. What about Depths of Manann-Legacy of the Rakata-etc, are those automatically given to you when you start SoR?

Those are part of prelude of SoR and are soloable

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
For the order of flashpoints, from the OP =

quote:

The Flashpoint story order is –

Esseles (Republic)/The Black Talon (Empire) -
Hammer Station SM HM
Athiss SM HM
Mandalorian Raiders SM HM
Cademimmu SM HM
Taral V (Republic) / Boarding Party (Empire) SM HM
Maelstrom Prison (Republic) / The Foundry (Empire)SM HM
Colicoid War Games
The Red Reaper
Directive 7
The Battle For Ilum
The False Emperor
Kaon Under Siege
Lost Island
Czerka Corporate Labs
Czerka Core Meltdown

There are additional Flashpoints that lead to the Shadows of Revan expansion –
Assault on Tython
Korriban Incursion
Depths of Manaan
Legacy of the Rakata

And the final two Flashpoints take place during the expansion storyline –
Blood Hunt
Battle of Rishi

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Another awesome thing about this expansion is that an endgame character gets flooded with legacy-bound versions of all the coolest old raid gear. I got a black/black dye out of a cantina crate on a lovely alt, put it in the best smuggler jacket ever, and mailed it to a more deserving character:

Son of a bitch that looks great.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Another awesome thing about this expansion is that an endgame character gets flooded with legacy-bound versions of all the coolest old raid gear. I got a black/black dye out of a cantina crate on a lovely alt, put it in the best smuggler jacket ever, and mailed it to a more deserving character:

I would wear this outfit IRL.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Thanks for the flashpoint answers. Is there any significant difference to doing Illum and later on Rep or Imp side?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

StashAugustine posted:

Thanks for the flashpoint answers. Is there any significant difference to doing Illum and later on Rep or Imp side?

Not really. The Korriban and Tython flashpoints are effectively identical for both factions, they just have different-looking mobs and you'll do them in a different order depending on your faction.

Also, don't worry about the SoR flashpoints at all. You'll get to them during the single-player story in solo mode.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

The lead up to them is different, but they are basically the same once you get in.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg heroic quests are so good now :psyduck:

Noirex
May 30, 2006

So even though I unsubbed many months ago, I still received the mount, blaster and Nic companion today when I logged in on my sub. Which is a very nice surprise but still left me pretty confused.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Wow the Heroic 2+ Exarchs are completely trivial on Taunt capable characters.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Nerd Of Prey posted:

...can i finally wear that on an imperial character?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Thumbtacks posted:

...can i finally wear that on an imperial character?

You sure can! I actually just tested this. With the outfit designer system, you could send it around to as many characters as you want and have them all wear it.

Obviously, that particular chestpiece comes from turning in the "smuggled goods" supply crates, which seem to be the most common type you get.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

How do you set a flashpoint to solo btw?

e: specifically Battle of Illum

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Am I missing some kind of option for crafting on the crew menu?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Am I missing some kind of option for crafting on the crew menu?

Crafting is on B now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

Crafting is on B now.

gently caress THIS EXPANSION

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

StashAugustine posted:

How do you set a flashpoint to solo btw?

e: specifically Battle of Illum

Its kind of dumb/clunky currently, when you get the quest it automatically gives you the tactical version. Drop just the one that says [TACTICAL] and the droid near the entrance to the FP will let you have the option of a story mode. Then you get the GSI droid and everything.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Discovery from earlier today: if anyone likes title hunting, the world boss on Corellia gives the Lucky title for killing him. 5.5 million health, but me, another goon, and five pubbies were able to grind it down with one healer and an offhealer. He's in the Axial Park subzone, in a big enclosure in the middle of Coronet Zoo. He's not a world boss for the weekly, but Stalking the Score accepts a trophy from killing him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Discovery from earlier today: if anyone likes title hunting, the world boss on Corellia gives the Lucky title for killing him. 5.5 million health, but me, another goon, and five pubbies were able to grind it down with one healer and an offhealer. He's in the Axial Park subzone, in a big enclosure in the middle of Coronet Zoo. He's not a world boss for the weekly, but Stalking the Score accepts a trophy from killing him.

You should have let him kill you. He gives you the "unlucky" title then. :D

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

You should have let him kill you. He gives you the "unlucky" title then. :D

Did not know that. Joined up with a pubbie raid hunting bosses, but they bailed after the second and my marauder has one more to go for the recruitment.

I think I'll check around tomorrow night to see if there's another boss up if there are goons interested.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Do I unlock all the expansions permanently if I sub for just one ($15) month? If so, why is the Shadow of Revan expansion still for individual sale on the sw:tor site for $19.99?

Also, if I create a character with a race that is locked away from ftp accounts during my sub month, will I still be able to play that character after that month ends?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
is there a list of exactly what sets are in the armor/weapon packs

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Finally decided on KonradinMarburg for the inquistor, will be bugging people for invites tommorrow

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So what's the trigger for the quest to recruit Lokin once you're done with Chapter 9? I've recruited Yuun, Talos, Xalek, and Nico (and of course the two droids), and I thought you only needed to have four recruited to unlock it? Or does Yuun not count, and I have to do the tedious bullshit needed for Qyzen or Pierce? :ughh:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I think you have to wait for the rakghoul event to recruit him.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rasmussen posted:

I think you have to wait for the rakghoul event to recruit him.

You have to wait until the rakghoul event to finish recruiting him, but not to get his recruitment mission.

gbmcb
Mar 1, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, the planet space ports/orbital stations. There's also a terminal on the cantina on the faction fleet station that lists all the planets heroics you can go use too.

This is awesome...didn't see the one on fleet.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
You have received item [Schematic: Ice Scrabbler Jerky].

I must have like 15 of these things now, goddamn.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Nerd Of Prey posted:

You sure can! I actually just tested this. With the outfit designer system, you could send it around to as many characters as you want and have them all wear it.

Obviously, that particular chestpiece comes from turning in the "smuggled goods" supply crates, which seem to be the most common type you get.

I've wanted that loving jacket ever since I got it on my gunslinger years ago. How do I get it? Just turn those in and hope I get lucky?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Since my week referral sub expires soon (site says 1 day and 10/30 at the same time) I figure I'lll be a test subject for what we can still access if it runs out as far as SoR and FE. Is anything I have going to be gone for good, or just in stasis until I resub (credit cap, data crystal cap if that still changes, 3rd crewskill, anything I've forgotten)?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It just locks stuff out, you don't lose anything.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

Jan posted:

Speaking of which, to the Bioware goon who was asking about broken UI things, how about fixing this 3-4 year old issue? :v:

Added to my list. I have much bigger problems with the guild window (like WHY THE gently caress ARE THERE TWO OF THEM) that I'm hoping we can address soon, especially since pop keeps going up. I've only been on SWTOR for a little over a year, so half of the fun of my job is hearing about bugs for the first time that players are like "yeah that poo poo was broke in 2011 lol."

edit: oops, I guess you're talking about the /who search popup. GOT IT

Ainsley McTree posted:

A thousand times this. Also utility selections should be part of this one click, too. Waffledoodle if you do this you'll make at least two goons very very happy. FF14 has spoiled me on spec-swapping.

I've seen plenty of requests for this, so I'll push for it in our planning sessions. It's a "proper" feature which means people have to approve it and poo poo before we throw devs at it. In the meantime, sounds like I should study up on FF14's implementation.

waffledoodle fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 28, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cythereal posted:

You have to wait until the rakghoul event to finish recruiting him, but not to get his recruitment mission.
Yeah this is what I mean, I can't even get the quest to pop up.

Granted I also had that issue where I didn't get Xalek after finishing his quest and only got him after the patch fixed it, but I'm sort of curious as to the exact requirements for Lokin's quest to appear, like if the Star Fortress companions count, or whether the ones I have should count enough, so I know whether I need to submit a ticket (maybe to force credit for the returned companion) or whether I need to suck it up and recruit one of those other ones.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I had a weird error tonight, wondering if anyone else encountered this. I just finished Chapter 9 on my Agent. I've previously completed it on my Sorcerer and Warrior.

On the companions screen, my agent seems to be missing SCORPIO. She's there for my warrior and sorcerer, under Main Characters. Anybody else having this problem?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

So far this expansion is Really Good.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Convinced to play again with this new patch, and I'm glad I'm giving SWTOR another chance because I'm having a fun time.

Now if only I could get some space leopard rugs for my space pad

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Asimo posted:

So what's the trigger for the quest to recruit Lokin once you're done with Chapter 9? I've recruited Yuun, Talos, Xalek, and Nico (and of course the two droids), and I thought you only needed to have four recruited to unlock it? Or does Yuun not count, and I have to do the tedious bullshit needed for Qyzen or Pierce? :ughh:

I'm in the same boat. There is supposed to be a quest to get a companion, and I don't have that quest. What is the trigger to recruit him?

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 28, 2015

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I only had Lokin's quest pop up after I did a quick 3 world boss run to get Qyzen. I -think- it's Nico that doesn't count, since not everyone can get him and some folks may have him before the alliance is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Medullah posted:

First of all, click on a referral link to get a free character transfer. Then the best buy right now is the KOTFE starter bundle which nets you 90 days subscription, 2400 coins, and all the expansions included with sub for $40. Best deal going right now, you even get a mini Rancor pet!

Edit whoops meant 90 days sub

So I also came back to check out the new expansion and brought myself up to speed. However this good deal is locked cause I am a scumbag from down under. Any other places anyone could pick up this deal if I plan to pay some cash

• Locked thread