Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

LG please wipe that smile off his face...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Depths posted:

LG please wipe that smile off his face...
SOMEONE wipe that smile off his face.

:denmark:

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

shout out to clown 9 for doing exactly what i expected them to do :classiclol:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

analyst desk making GBS threads all over c9 right now :circlefap:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

fyallm posted:

And that's it? Cool thanks, surprised I didn't have to buy anything to get drops.

Well, I wouldn't go nuts expecting the best since prices have dipped and the odds of getting a souvenir is still very low, but free stuff is free stuff.

e: sold those Coldzera stickers I picked up for < 25 cents each for like three dollars profit. Thanks, Fantasy League.

e2: Oh poo poo Cache, wanna watch but bedtime

nftyw fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 28, 2015

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

kind of a bummer that the fantasy numbers are actively updated each game.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

CLUTCH KING DUPREEEEEEEH

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Flipsid3 :ughh:

Markeloff slumming it in t2 teams for a reason.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

mcvey posted:

Flipsid3 :ughh:

Markeloff slumming it in t2 teams for a reason.

WorldEdit needs to leave for a better team

edit: it's sucks that all the sniper stickers were so much $$$ my fantasy team seems to be doing great.

Photex fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 28, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

WorldEdit needs to leave for a better team
The only mainly Ukraine team above Flipsid3 is Na'Vi, and they sure as hell aren't dropping Guardian. I guess Hellraisers could be a step-up now that they have oskar and STYKO, but that's debatable.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I've gotten a souvenir package from the last 3 majors just by idling streams while at work. The last one I got two drops.

Is it really that rare to get one?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
lol 13-2. RiPsid3 tactics

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
There are a fair amount of people who don't get souvenir drops at all.

Photex posted:

edit: it's sucks that all the sniper stickers were so much $$$ my fantasy team seems to be doing great.

I wound up with allu so in the spot he went. Glad that dupreeh is destroying since it made my 80 cent investment in his stickers into four bucks of profit.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Magnus Gallant posted:

I've gotten a souvenir package from the last 3 majors just by idling streams while at work. The last one I got two drops.

Is it really that rare to get one?

Seems to be a 1/100 chance per match or so based on the numbers dropped vs the number of viewers

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
That whole round by flipsid3 was just awful.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

flipsid3 is awful

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
worldedit is pretty good

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

worldedit is pretty good
Yeah, he's the saving grace of F3.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
lol I just got scammed so hard

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198124528083-csgo-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.114885/

I've never done the whole trade thing before. Didn't know about poo poo like steamrep.com. He asked for an intermediary, I chose sealhammer.

He made a group chat, invited the real sealhammer, we chatted for a bit, he kicked the real sealhammer, then spammed a ton of chat so I missed the kick message, brought the fake sealhammer in, etc

I was tryina get some fade buttplugs, I guess I'll just buy some now or whatever. Fun learning experience 5/5 won't do again.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
That is why I basically don't trade. No security, no proof of authenticity, no morals, no hope of recovery. It's either items for items or put up on the market.

e: also gently caress those fancy $400 items, a $40 knife is as functional as one worth $4k

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

conversation piece posted:

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198124528083-csgo-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.114885/

I've never done the whole trade thing before. Didn't know about poo poo like steamrep.com. He asked for an intermediary, I chose sealhammer.

He made a group chat, invited the real sealhammer, we chatted for a bit, he kicked the real sealhammer, then spammed a ton of chat so I missed the kick message, brought the fake sealhammer in, etc

I was tryina get some fade buttplugs, I guess I'll just buy some now or whatever. Fun learning experience 5/5 won't do again.
Something like this happened to me, except he didn't even bring in a real intermediary. He trade offered me from the fake intermediate and that's how he got me. Lost $400 in TF2 Unusuals that day, which was a shame.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Yeah I mean the user interface is not as clear as it could be. There was no "recent name change" warning on the imposter. The whole thing was really smooth, I doubt a real trade would have gone as well

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Can't wait for Vexed to knock out C9.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

I don't understand anything im seeing in that picture or the story :confused:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
You can sum it up with the tired but true life lesson of CS:GO: rip skins

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Hollenhammer posted:

I don't understand anything im seeing in that picture or the story :confused:

Two guys want to trade. One side nominates 3rd party to hold both items, i.e. an escrow situation.

In group chat, real intermediary gets kicked and kick message hidden in a bunch of messages. New guy who is friend of one party replaces him.

Guy hands over items to who he thinks is intermediary, but that guy keeps items.

Poor goon loses all items, gets nothing in return.

On another note, the scammer's Steam Profile ID is GOTFOOLEDBYME, so yeah. Warning signs.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Jeza posted:

Two guys want to trade. One side nominates 3rd party to hold both items, i.e. an escrow situation.

In group chat, real intermediary gets kicked and kick message hidden in a bunch of messages. New guy who is friend of one party replaces him.

Guy hands over items to who he thinks is intermediary, but that guy keeps items.

Poor goon loses all items, gets nothing in return.

On another note, the scammer's Steam Profile ID is GOTFOOLEDBYME, so yeah. Warning signs.

ahhh ok. Jesus christ

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
:rip:

with some luck I will also lose the next 3 bets and go down to absolute 0

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Traders and hat barons are the scum of the earth, rip goon items. I'd rather buy keys and unbox a knife than interact with these people

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Yeah it was really just some silly whim to try and get fade buttplugs to match my fade mouse IRL

Guess I'll just wait for the next new knife and buy one or something

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I can't believe how good Niko is sometimes

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
I think Mous could pull this one out if they can win the pistol

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The five-seven is a good gun

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I picked C9 and Mous.

I'm not getting a gold trophy guys.

Edit: DEM DEAGS :vince:

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 28, 2015

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Serious question. Unless real cash is involved, why the gently caress would you need an intermediary? He puts the items you want in a trade window, you put the items he wants up. Looks good? Hit ok. Sketchy AT ALL? Leave chat and block the fucker.

e: I can donate a M4 Daimyo and a SG553 Pulse if you're feeling skin poor. They're only worth a total of a buck anyhow and, well, goonpity.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

You were on a laptop right? Then you have to do it through the Intel graphics control panel instead of Nvidia's. Change your desktop resolution to 4:3 and and launch cs:go. This is how I got stretched on my laptop (you can revert it to native resolution after the first launch and it will stick). Dunno if it will carry over to the TV though.

Late but, thanks! I'll try this next time I launch.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 28, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007

so did you lose your entire inventory?

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

fennesz posted:

Serious question. Unless real cash is involved, why the gently caress would you need an intermediary? He puts the items you want in a trade window, you put the items he wants up. Looks good? Hit ok. Sketchy AT ALL? Leave chat and block the fucker.

e: I can donate a M4 Daimyo and a SG553 Pulse if you're feeling skin poor. They're only worth a total of a buck anyhow and, well, goonpity.

I've never done it before lol. False sealhammer assured me this was the standard process :shrug:

:downs: hey its me your brother

I'm going to enjoy my skin poverty tyvm

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
maybe you should check your friendslist, set notes for people (it appears next to their name in any chat), check profiles

like you had so many different ways to avoid this scam and you walked past all of them lmao

bikeparts.txt

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I've never done it before lol. False sealhammer assured me this was the standard process :shrug:

:downs: hey its me your brother

I'm going to enjoy my skin poverty tyvm

don't understand how you did this but bet on CSGL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

Photex posted:

don't understand how you did this but bet on CSGL.

happend immediately after

• Locked thread