Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

Missed out on the Uncharted collection for 35 bucks. Fuccckkkkk

It'll likely be $15 come January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

axleblaze posted:

It'll likely be $15 come January.

I fully expect this next tlou with inclusion in every bundle as soon as black friday and therefore 15$ in code form soon.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
PS target is selling them 10% off from 350 until the 31st but you have to find it using our dumb cartwheel app, if you're unfortunate enough to work there you at can least you get a 300 dollar PS4 after taxes rn

i guess you can get another 5% if you sign up for the debit card (i work there, don't do this)

Pomp fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 28, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh no my 20 dollars, pomp you theived it from me with you dastardly ways and beguiling charms!

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.
Someone tell me that Minecraft: Story Mode or Tales from the Borderlands are worth playing. I've gone off Telltale games in recent years because they've slowly been dropping the exploration/puzzle elements in favor of focusing on dialogue and QTEs. I thought Game of Thrones was a pretty terrible game -- it was like watching a barely interactive cartoon version of the TV show, albeit with shittier characters and dialogue, only occasionally punctuated by random QTEs or somewhere where you can move your character more than three feet in any given direction. The Walking Dead S2 and The Wolf Among Us were at least tolerable and somewhat enjoyable, but Game of Thrones seemed like such a misstep. Life is Strange only served to illustrate just how limiting GOT is as an adventure game. I suppose I should just check out the first episode of Borderlands seeing as I grabbed it for free, but anyone else think Telltale games seem to have become less and less interactive with each new release?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sonance posted:

Someone tell me that Minecraft: Story Mode or Tales from the Borderlands are worth playing. I've gone off Telltale games in recent years because they've slowly been dropping the exploration/puzzle elements in favor of focusing on dialogue and QTEs. I thought Game of Thrones was a pretty terrible game -- it was like watching a barely interactive cartoon version of the TV show, albeit with shittier characters and dialogue, only occasionally punctuated by random QTEs or somewhere where you can move your character more than three feet in any given direction. The Walking Dead S2 and The Wolf Among Us were at least tolerable and somewhat enjoyable, but Game of Thrones seemed like such a misstep. Life is Strange only served to illustrate just how limiting GOT is as an adventure game. I suppose I should just check out the first episode of Borderlands seeing as I grabbed it for free, but anyone else think Telltale games seem to have become less and less interactive with each new release?
Yeah, they are. Borderlands is more action oriented than the others and clearly a very straightforward story. I enjoyed it a lot but I'm sure it would be 95% the same game if I played it through again with completely opposite choices.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

tlou mp was slow and doesn't have incan totem ghost grenades so i'm more exicited for this but thanks. never played a uc game anyways

It's not really slow, just deliberate. A concentrated sprint rather than a flailing one.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Reverse Centaur posted:

I think I actually lost some enthusiasm for Horizon after that new footage. Looked more like just another third person game rather than something more revolutionary.

Weird statement, but it makes me curious.

What about it suggested that it'd be revolutionary?

I feel like even the e3 video gave me the impression that the designs and story would be the selling point with the combat just being fun.

I'd say the witcher 3 was one of the better games this year and exciting but didn't do anything revolutionary, just did standard wrpg stuff really well.

Not like picking on you, just curious about the sentiment, because it seems like it dominates the gaming industry. No one seems to just want to have fun anymore.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
As long as David Cage is not allowed to introduce paranormal elements into his new game, I will buy it, because the setting seems cool.

Probability approximation for sale: 20%

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any way to sort your home menu into folders, or am I doomed to a cluttered mess from a year of PS+ games

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Pomp posted:

Is there any way to sort your home menu into folders, or am I doomed to a cluttered mess from a year of PS+ games

Doomed DOOMED DOOOOOMMED

According to the survey they sent out they are considering adding that feature if people want it, though it will be based off pre existing tags. Like Genre

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Can I at least move Library to somewhere other than the very end.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh well bloodborne owns anyway

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Alain Post posted:

I desperately need a single machine to play the entire MGS series.

Actually that's the PS3 but I'm scared to see what MGSV looks like on PS3.

PC...?

e: oh mgs4

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Pomp posted:

i guess you can get another 5% if you sign up for the debit card (i work there, don't do this)

What's wrong with the Target debit card? My gf has one and we save like 5% every time we go and she uses it...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The Detroit trailer looks to be based off that tech demo that came out a while back where the girl robot was assembled and then freaked the gently caress out. Cept she was a brunette that time.

I think it was a ps3 trailer too, so it's been a while.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SectumSempra posted:

Weird statement, but it makes me curious.

What about it suggested that it'd be revolutionary?

No one seems to just want to have fun anymore.

Revolutionary is fun. I don't want to play the same game over and over.

The robot dinosaur hunting seemed to have the potential for more creativity, and the Just Cause-ish rope mechanic still looks neat, but it didn't look quite so fresh. I'm still interested.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EZipperelli posted:

What's wrong with the Target debit card? My gf has one and we save like 5% every time we go and she uses it...

about 5 minutes worth of managers congratulating and thanking whichever employee sold someone on one, very loudly over the walkies

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Caught up with the Paris Games Week thing, holy poo poo Wild looks pretty....wild. :effort:

I'm looking forward to seeing more of it in the future for sure. Horizon still looks great!

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Homework Explainer posted:

i hear murdered soul suspect is bad but is it "don't buy for $10" bad, i'm a sucker for anything that lets you solve your own murder

Murdered is good, there's just not a lot of it. Definitely worth $10$

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Alain Post posted:

The Fox Engine scales down pretty well, the one major difference to last generation consoles is the 60/30 fps divide.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Draxamus posted:

Is anyone else having issues with Live from PlayStation? I see mostly broadcasts listed that aren't actually playing (they say this broadcast has been stopped when opened), and broadcasts that are playing aren't showing up in the lists. Haven't found a way to fix this.
Weird, I was having issues with the Vita version much like you describe but the PS4 one was working just fine.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Wild looks great, Horizon looks great. Boundless looks interesting but I'm not much of a builder when it comes to Minecraft-type stuff beyond simple structures.

The new trailer for Ratchet and Clank looks great. I recognized a lot of the locations as being massively upgraded/prettified worlds from the first game, and man they went all out to bring the graphics up to modern levels. I instinctively twitched when they showed that brief clip of the hoverboard race though; I wonder if Skid McMarks will still be as much of a stereotypical 90s skater dude. The retcon addition of pre-robotic Doctor Nefarious should be cool as well, he's always been the best villain in the series.

Once these start coming out I'll actually get a PS4, as currently there's nothing I want. Definitely some good stuff in the future.

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

second-hand smegma posted:

UC4 multi trailer didn't move me at all. UC2 multi was great, UC3 multi was just okay, and this looks to further the blandness of that experience.

Too bad, it seems Naughty Dog shelved the great ideas they had with Tlou: Factions (doubly so since they don't seem to want to support Tlou any longer.) Either that or the devs are trying their best to keep them distinct products.

I feel the same way. I loved Uncharted multiplayer but the trailer for Uncharted 4 multiplayer looks terrible, especially when they showed the Destiny-style supers at the end with Elena turning into a Djinn and Drake throwing down some giant statue that fires homing missiles at everyone. Then we see gameplay footage that shows they've added a radar and DBNO features like The Last of Us and finally an announcement that Uncharted 4 multiplayer will have pay to win microtransactions at launch. Sucks seeing a series you like so much turn to crap. I'm sure the singleplayer will be good but what keeps me going back to the Uncharted games (and The Last of Us) for years is the multiplayer, but Naughty Dog seems intent on turning their full-priced retail games into pay to win shitfests. I wish there was more backlash against it so they'd stop, but Naughty Dog gets a free pass for everything it seems.

On the plus side, it's nice to see them favor 60fps over 1080p for the multiplayer, and it looks like sprint has been removed as well. Those are nice changes, but then you see something dumb like a player calling in an AI buddy like the gasmask strangler from Uncharted 3 arena mode (except even more of a bullet sponge now) and it all comes together to look like complete garbage. It's a real shame because they struck gold with Uncharted multiplayer originally, and we can't even play it in the Nathan Drake Collection because they supposedly didn't want to fracture the online community, even though that didn't stop them from keeping multiplayer in The Last of Us: Remastered.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-28-driveclub-debuts-on-playstation-vr-and-its-mightily-impressive

Driveclub prototype on Vr was shown behind closed doors. Cuts to weather and track details let then hit 60fps with no drop in resolution. Not a full game yet and not definitely going to be. Would be nice if they could have kept the weather as it really was well done.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why the hell did Star Ocean 2: Second Evolution just show up on the Japanese ps store? Not that I am complaining mind you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SE announced they were porting it a while ago, I assume it's to drum up hype for the new one by reminding people of the only good SO?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

SE announced they were porting it a while ago, I assume it's to drum up hype for the new one by reminding people of the only good SO?
Yeah, it says as much in the description. I bought it but I have no idea what an enhanced PSP game is going to look like on the PS4.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, it says as much in the description. I bought it but I have no idea what an enhanced PSP game is going to look like on the PS4.

Like anime.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Looking at the PS store today and I actually feel like I'm being priced out of gaming.

I used to be happy with throwing down money for games but when I look at the price of AAA or even last gen AAA games I really don't feel they are worth the asking price.

Most games on the UK store are around £50 - 55 quid which is about $76 add in the fact that most games now have the ultimate edition etc I see games up on the "DIGITAL" store for upwards £80 which is $122 for ultimate editions etc I just get flabbergasted.

Why are digital games so loving expensive it gets to the point where most of these games really aint worth it, I used to buy rear end Creed because it was fairly fun. Now I'm only willing to put down money for decent cheap games like Life is strange or Telltale series or one in a million AAA games like MGS5 or Witcher.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

VoLaTiLe posted:

Looking at the PS store today and I actually feel like I'm being priced out of gaming.

I used to be happy with throwing down money for games but when I look at the price of AAA or even last gen AAA games I really don't feel they are worth the asking price.

Most games on the UK store are around £50 - 55 quid which is about $76 add in the fact that most games now have the ultimate edition etc I see games up on the "DIGITAL" store for upwards £80 which is $122 for ultimate editions etc I just get flabbergasted.

Why are digital games so loving expensive it gets to the point where most of these games really aint worth it, I used to buy rear end Creed because it was fairly fun. Now I'm only willing to put down money for decent cheap games like Life is strange or Telltale series or one in a million AAA games like MGS5 or Witcher.

AAA should only be bought on disc:
wait 2 months -> buy used -> sell if you don't want to keep it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VoLaTiLe posted:

Only buy digital in the UK when it's on sale. And I mean actually on sale, not 'same price as a disc' on sale.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also just don't get ultimate editions. The dlc always has like a 80% of being not worth it and even if it is worth it, it'll be cheaper later.,

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

VoLaTiLe posted:

Don't forget the PS+ subscription required to play these games online as well.

You might want to look into PC gaming if it's an option for you since it's much cheaper in general. It's not perfect of course, since you'll still get the occasional mess (Arkham Knight) but at the same time, console gaming sees plenty of broken releases these days as well so there's not much difference in that department any more. You can save a fortune on gaming in general though, and that's before you take into account the frequent sales with huge discounts.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

VoLaTiLe posted:

Put your credit card into Amazon.com with a fake US address (I live at a hotel in Beverley Hills). Set up a US PSN account. Buy credit from Amazon. Save between 15 and 40% on digital purchases. US store usually has more things on sale and a bunch of stuff comes out way earlier than it does here (I got Jackbox Party pack like six months before it hit the UK, and it cost less).

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The Detroit trailer looks to be based off that tech demo that came out a while back where the girl robot was assembled and then freaked the gently caress out. Cept she was a brunette that time.

I think it was a ps3 trailer too, so it's been a while.

It is the same character. Interested to see how that turns out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was expecting Ethan Carter to be all vague and mysterious, not for Cthulhu to turn up literally.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Alain Post posted:

It's actually not that terrible. Remember the PS3 is still a big deal in Japan and it was given quite a bit of attention to make sure it was serviceable.

Is the Playstation Experience presentation they had last December meant to be happening this year as well? Or is that still unknown?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

VoLaTiLe posted:

Make an account on psprices.com and subscribe to games you actually want to play, you'll get an email when they are on discount. Picked up Wolfenstein that way this week, it's £15, which I think it is well worth. I also got Dying light for £25.
If you don't mind having your games on disc rather than digital, you can get plenty of AAA games for cheap a few months after they come out, e.g. The Witcher, MKX, Diablo3 are all £25 on amazon right now.

Incidentally, is the The old blood also worth playing? I really enjoyed The new order so far (I'm in the moon base now).

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It's me, I'm the guy that likes David Cage games. Actually I didn't play the Ellen Page one, but I've liked the others.

Heavy Rain I found to be like watching a fairly entertaining movie and the twist at the end got me real good.

Indigo Prophecy isn't bad either, it just switches from a good plot to a laughable plot halfway through. But I never found it boring.

• Locked thread