Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

That Red Tornado costume looks just as bad on the show as it does in the promo shots.

http://i.imgur.com/QescvUO.jpg

mecca lecca high mecca hiney ho

Also which show is it, Supergirl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

That Red Tornado costume looks just as bad on the show as it does in the promo shots.

Hahahaha no way

It's Justin Hammer's Vision.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Hahahaha no way

Sadly we will not get Sam Rockwell dancing as TO Morrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Hahahaha no way

Well the Vision is a Red Tornado rip-off.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Well the Vision is a Red Tornado rip-off.

They came out like a month or two apart. It would be almost impossible given the time it took to get comics made and printed then. It's just one of those cases of happy coincidence.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Should've gone with the Ma Hunkel Red Tornado. You know, cool old lady who punches out criminals wearing a cooking pot with eyeholes on her head.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Should've gone with the Ma Hunkel Red Tornado. You know, cool old lady who punches out criminals wearing a cooking pot with eyeholes on her head.

Only if SHIELD gets Forbush Man.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Supergirl murdered in the ratings last night, highest premiere of the fall and the highest for a superhero show ever.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's what being on CBS after the highest rated show on network TV gets you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

That's what being on CBS after the highest rated show on network TV gets you.

Don't get me wrong, that certainly helps, but there's a reason that slot was available.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It retained a healthy amount of BBT's lead-in, though. If it can repeat that for the next couple of weeks it's pretty safe to say it'll be around for at least a while

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It gained for the second half.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gaz-L posted:

It retained a healthy amount of BBT's lead-in, though. If it can repeat that for the next couple of weeks it's pretty safe to say it'll be around for at least a while

If CBS's schedule is correct Supergirl is moving to 8 and BBT is moving to Thursdays.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

twistedmentat posted:

Ah I haven't read the original mini in forever so I thought for some reason Rogers didn't know who he was, that's why he was dressing like a native American, as they had found him.

It's too bad Marvel doesn't do direct to dvd movies like DC does, stuff like that would be perfect for those releases.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G1pNYRbyPQ

I like how the lips are animated at 2 fps

X-O posted:

This is beautiful

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Holy poo poo The Flash just had KING loving SHARK as their end of episode tag

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G1pNYRbyPQ

I like how the lips are animated at 2 fps

If that was a cutscene in a mobile game that would be fine, but for something that people would pay real money for, uggghhh.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's still better than Avengers Assemble.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Lurdiak posted:

It's still better than Avengers Assemble.

I might be hallucinating but I swear to god that scene is almost word for word in Avengers Assemble, season 1.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Jesus christ Agents of SHIELD was loving awesome this week. Anyone who has written the show off needs to watch this week's episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Jesus christ Agents of SHIELD was loving awesome this week. Anyone who has written the show off needs to watch this week's episode.

Did they kill off the entire cast and start over?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Have you seen AOS in the last two years? The cast is great and have amazing chemistry with each other.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Rhyno posted:

Did they kill off the entire cast and start over?

Uh, no. :confused:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

Cool, I thought the premise sounded great, glad they pulled it off.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

notthegoatseguy posted:

Anyone who has written the show off needs to watch this week's episode.

nahh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JT Smiley posted:

Have you seen AOS in the last two years? The cast is great and have amazing chemistry with each other.

Yes, I watched the back half of season 2 and it was still poo poo.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
To each his own, I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JT Smiley posted:

To each his own, I guess.

We won't judge you for watching poo poo tv.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

iZombie still won the night over an amazing SHIELD and a Flash I think we'd all like to forget outside of the last 60 seconds. iZombie is such a great show.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rhyno posted:

You do realize this is a thread dedicated to comic book tv shows right? AOS isn't even the worst comic book show that airs on Tuesdays.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JT Smiley posted:

AOS isn't even the worst comic book show that airs on Tuesdays.

Yeah it is.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

X-O posted:

iZombie is such a great show.

I think what really won me over with this show is the fact that Rose Mciver just kills it every week no matter what type of personality she has to take on. It's crazy to me that a few years ago she was a Power Ranger and struggling to hide her accent.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's amazing what an actor can do with good material. I mean imagine how good Arrow and Flash would be if the writers knew how to write half way decent dialogue? I mean they're already normally good (tonight notwithstanding) but if they could write humans saying words like humans actually do they could be really good. The writers of iZombie should tutor them.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
On top of the more stilted lines, I think a lot of the science babble dragged the episode down as well. I actually felt bad for Carlos Valdes and Danielle Panabaker during the first five minutes because it was just a constant stream of fake science words. Even Victor Garber seemed to struggle with it later on, though he was trying to play it off "in-character" like Stein was just having trouble focusing due to his condition.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm really impressed with Flash doing King Shark. I mean, it still wasn't movie quality or anything but that was a pretty impressive CGI man-shark for a TV budget.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Rhyno posted:

All TV is poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Comic Book Men is more of a comic book show than iZombie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Comic Book Men is more of a comic book show than iZombie.

It does feature a guy who wears the same outfit every day like a superhero costume, so this checks out.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

notthegoatseguy posted:

I'm just going to assume this was sarcasm because the episode was a boring trite slog through screen writing 101 alone but not really on a desert island plot. Oh no you are alone, no wait you aren't alone but now the two of you are alone, no wait no you aren't it's the natives/leopard/boogeyman.

It was a budget stretcher filler episode because day for night shots in a quarry are cheap.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My girlfriend is convinced the creature in the sand storm is Death since I told her Death was a character in Marvel last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Obvious budget episodes are the best though, like the Fly episode of Breaking Bad.