Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I made a thread for the debate: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Smoothrich posted:

People think Ben Carson is retarded because they watch The Media smear and pundits

Nah, it's more to do with everything Ben Carson says, does and thinks than anything "The Media" says.

To be fair, I don't understand what he's saying a lot of the time. Maybe what I interpret as incoherence is actually brilliance.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Spiderjelly posted:

Why is there an actual republican in the republican thread?

Are you forgetting about Boosted_C5?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I haven't been following this thread, is Smoothrich a really dedicated troll or does he really believe what he says?

I sometimes get the feeling he's trying to be this cycle's Toblerone Triangular, but doesn't have the chops to pull it off. But then he busts out something new that reminds me that no, he's probably just mentally ill.*

*this line added specifically to see if he'll go the "well the Soviets threw their critics in mental institutions too so!!!" route.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Fargo Fukes posted:

I'm leaning towards "untreated schizophrenic". The stuff about receiving secret Slavic messages from Vladimir Putin that no-one else can understand is pretty telling.

It's just called Maskirovka by Western analysts, its why Obama is always "caught off-guard" by things, because he believes what Putin or Russia says. They just keep saying one thing over and over, until they suddenly do the opposite. Tricks like that. It's not "Slavic messages" its high-level strategic psych-ops deception propaganda misinformation grand strategy etc. RT blares away propaganda degrading Americans and liberals nod along all ashamed of their white privileges and imperialist militancy, its gross nowadays. Obama has no idea what he's doing with foreign policy, he's a complete failure and everyone in the world knows it. Makes sense because he probably was smoking pot instead of reading books on doctrine or history in college. He was all oratory, no leadership or Vision. Dems are done.

GOP Primary is the real election. You have the Nazi-Hunter Carson or the Neo-Nazi Trump to pick from as POTUS to prepare for WW3, be smart about it.

Here read this Wiki page and you'll have more Russian Foreign Policy and Military History education than Obama has

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_deception

Bryter posted:

Nah, it's more to do with everything Ben Carson says, does and thinks than anything "The Media" says.

To be fair, I don't understand what he's saying a lot of the time. Maybe what I interpret as incoherence is actually brilliance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DT-1nu2rps

Just watch this highlight video of him talking to Black Democrats introduced by a wary Al Sharpton. Everyone starts out hating him, but he wins the hearts and minds of them all like some sermon'y gospel man praising black science. This is the Ben "they dont want u to see.." cuz he's too likable, he'll win the whole drat thing

Smoothrich fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 28, 2015

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
And arkane. Seems like the world's only Huntsman republican is sitting this one out for the most part though. Wise move imo.

Smoothrich posted:

Just watch this highlight video of him talking to Black Democrats introduced by a wary Al Sharpton. Everyone starts out hating him, but he wins the hearts and minds of them all like some sermon'y gospel man praising black science. This is the Ben "they dont want u to see.." cuz he's too likable, he'll win the whole drat thing

Forrest Gump is likeable.

Bryter fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 28, 2015

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Bryter posted:

And arkane. Seems like the world's only Huntsman republican is sitting this one out for the most part though. Wise move imo.

Forrest Gump is likeable.

Did you watch the video? Seriously lol

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Kasich is holding some kind of meet and greet near me next week. Should I go? I think I'm going to go.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

TheWevel posted:

Kasich is holding some kind of meet and greet near me next week. Should I go? I think I'm going to go.

Sure, he'd be really depressed if no one showed at all.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Smoothrich posted:

Did you watch the video? Seriously lol

no lol

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Do It Once Right posted:

Ben Carson had a good idea to improve public schools. Let's see how much that hurts his polling.

If there's one thing that suburban democrats and republicans can agree on, it's that they will storm their school board with torches and pitchforks before they allow their local school tax dollars to go to some other district.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Why? It's smart informative and entertaining, just like Carson is. He's trying to clarify what he stands for, because everyone thinks the opposite due to a smear campaign against him. It's just 10 minutes long. "I already know Ben Carson is an uncle tom racist retard, not gonna bother watching something that might prove me wrong" is Liberal Logic 101

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Smoothrich posted:

Why? It's smart informative and entertaining, just like Carson is. He's trying to clarify what he stands for, because everyone thinks the opposite due to a smear campaign against him. It's just 10 minutes long. "I already know Ben Carson is an uncle tom racist retard, not gonna bother watching something that might prove me wrong" is Liberal Logic 101

10 minutes is a loooong time to listen to Ben Carson and I'll hear him at the debate anyway, don't wanna go over my RDI.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I thought autistic people were supposed to love learning and facts, but autistic liberals are Boy Scouts I guess who need the "order" of partisanship to make them think Republicans are the Racist STupid party, with zero exceptions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8tKtbMzuXM

To anyone who cares about Black People, here is the full length video that I'm watching now. Ben Carson seriously kills this. He gets so passionate when he talks about Black Achievement, Anti-Victimhood, Poverty, Racism, America, LGBT tolerance, etc he soars in rhetoric and pumps everyone up and sounds like MLK Jr. If you don't "get" Carson after watching this video, you don't deserve to have a brain you can't use.

Even liberals would vote for him. He wants to defeat racism, but "they" tell you he's an Uncle Tom, for no logical reason lol

Smoothrich fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 28, 2015

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Boosted_C5, we need you now more than ever

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Smoothrich posted:

It's just called Maskirovka by Western analysts, its why Obama is always "caught off-guard" by things, because he believes what Putin or Russia says. They just keep saying one thing over and over, until they suddenly do the opposite. Tricks like that. It's not "Slavic messages" its high-level strategic psych-ops deception propaganda misinformation grand strategy etc. RT blares away propaganda degrading Americans and liberals nod along all ashamed of their white privileges and imperialist militancy, its gross nowadays. Obama has no idea what he's doing with foreign policy, he's a complete failure and everyone in the world knows it. Makes sense because he probably was smoking pot instead of reading books on doctrine or history in college. He was all oratory, no leadership or Vision. Dems are done.

GOP Primary is the real election. You have the Nazi-Hunter Carson or the Neo-Nazi Trump to pick from as POTUS to prepare for WW3, be smart about it.

Here read this Wiki page and you'll have more Russian Foreign Policy and Military History education than Obama has

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_deception

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DT-1nu2rps

It must be hell inside your head.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Seriously, at least Boosted is somewhat entertaining in his delusion. This is really sad

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I love that the Republican primary is basically a game of chicken with respect to general election electability.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
"In his book, "America the Beautiful," Dr. Carson writes on page 102, "I believe we have taken the moral low road on this issue [i.e., illegal aliens]. Some segments of our economy would virtually collapse without these undocumented workers—we all know that—yet we continue to harass and deport many individuals who are simply seeking a better life for themselves and their families. Is there a way to apply logic to this issue and arrive at an intelligent solution?" (Ben Carson Has Presidential Ambitions, But Is Soft On Illegal Aliens; Jerry McConnell; Canada Free Press; 2/4/14)."

This is what the guy is running on "apply logic and don't be an rear end in a top hat, I'm a doctor with faith, Carson 2016"

HES.. IGNORANT.. ON.. POLICY.... HES STUPID.. HES EVIL.. HES.. RACIST?.... is blasting around everyone's brains, I am just shocked how gullible people are. Is it even possible to un-indoctrinate liberals? This thread is a case study. People can't even watch a clip of Carson talking about black people without cognitive dissonance causing confusion, and assume Bernie Sanders is the real "Black Man's Candidate"

I know if I posted this in a Right Wing forum everyone would agree with me, but I'm trying to understand the partisan divide we have going on. A 10 minute clip of Carson getting huge cheers from black democrats should get a better reaction than "ur crazy" lol, no one can even talk about it

Smoothrich fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 28, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

Looks like Lucas Baiano, the Michael Bay of political advertising, is back and he's working for Jeb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxGsWbpGbdI

My favorite part is when the Obama graffiti crumbles to reveal.... Hillary graffiti!!! :eek:

Autarch Stratos 9 hours ago
Failed manlet cuck bitching about failed commufem oval office, pot meet kettle.

I for one, agree with Mr. Stratos.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Smoothrich posted:

"In his book, "America the Beautiful," Dr. Carson writes on page 102, "I believe we have taken the moral low road on this issue [i.e., illegal aliens]. Some segments of our economy would virtually collapse without these undocumented workers—we all know that—yet we continue to harass and deport many individuals who are simply seeking a better life for themselves and their families. Is there a way to apply logic to this issue and arrive at an intelligent solution?" (Ben Carson Has Presidential Ambitions, But Is Soft On Illegal Aliens; Jerry McConnell; Canada Free Press; 2/4/14)."

This is what the guy is running on "apply logic and don't be an rear end in a top hat, I'm a doctor with faith, Carson 2016"

HES.. IGNORANT.. ON.. POLICY.... HES STUPID.. HES EVIL.. HES.. RACIST?.... is blasting around everyone's brains, I am just shocked how gullible people are. Is it even possible to un-indoctrinate liberals? This thread is a case study. People can't even watch a clip of Carson talking about black people without cognitive dissonance causing confusion, and assume Bernie Sanders is the real "Black Man's Candidate"

I know if I posted this in a Right Wing forum everyone would agree with me, but I'm trying to understand the partisan divide we have going on. A 10 minute clip of Carson getting huge cheers from black democrats should get a better reaction than "ur crazy" lol, no one can even talk about it

No one cares

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Smoothrich posted:

HES.. IGNORANT.. ON.. POLICY.... HES STUPID.. HES EVIL.. HES.. RACIST?....

pretty good carson interpretationimpression imo

blue squares fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 28, 2015

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Smoothrich accusing others of being autistic lmbo

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

blue squares posted:

pretty good carson interpretation imo

Probably my favorite part about that is his incorrect usage of ellipses every single time. It's a masterful troll if it's intentional

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Here's something that I think everyone in this thread and Smoothrich can agree on: Whether you like Ben Carson or not, the man is about as exciting as a World of Warcraft EULA. If it ever gets down to Trump and Carson, mumbly Ben will come off as so low energy he'll make JEB! seem like a Brazilian soccer announcer.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

blue squares posted:

pretty good carson interpretation imo

It's the Media Narrative aka propaganda, when watching a 10 minute clip I posted on this page invalidates it all. Ad hominem deflection is a defense-mechanism to avoid cognitive reasoning, aka "thinking"

The Nastier Nate posted:

Here's something that I think everyone in this thread and Smoothrich can agree on: Whether you like Ben Carson or not, the man is about as exciting as a World of Warcraft EULA. If it ever gets down to Trump and Carson, mumbly Ben will come off as so low energy he'll make JEB! seem like a Brazilian soccer announcer.

The video I posted, has everyone cheering and him working the crowd with oratory, it's the opposite of boring. He doesn't mumble once

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Smoothrich posted:

It's the Media Narrative aka propaganda, when watching a 10 minute clip I posted on this page invalidates it all. Ad hominem deflection is a defense-mechanism to avoid cognitive reasoning, aka "thinking"

The video I posted, has everyone cheering and him working the crowd with oratory, it's the opposite of boring. He doesn't mumble once

I realize that it's not nice to pick on the obviously schizophrenic guy, but wasn't it operatives in your party that coined the phrase "If you're explaining yourself you're losing"?

Also, if Ben Carson is so capable of stirring oratory then why the hell is he acting like he's half-dead? To lull other candidates into a false sense of security?

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 28, 2015

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Bryter posted:

I just read the Marketplace interview. Hoooooeeeee.

Carson is clearly very intelligent but I could never imagine a more crystal clear case of Doctor Blindness -- "I understand one thing very thoroughly, so I understand all things better than everyone." Dude is too ignorant to even realize how ignorant he is.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Alter Ego posted:

Wasn't it your party that coined the phrase "If you're explaining yourself you're losing"?

The Establishment of both parties are smearing the poo poo out of Carson, because he defies the partisan divide as a complete outsider with moral integrity and a reformist agenda. Everyone just poo poo talks him with demeaning language calling him retarded, but think everything else in the universe is racist to liberals nowadays. I don't understand how liberal logic can make you talk about #blacklivesmatter but when an African-American descended from slaves and grew up in poverty talks about his life and solutions, people say he's retarded. This thread shows people are telling each other he's gonna abolish Medicare and affirmative action, thinks the Earth is 6000 years old, etc which are complete media fabrications. Those are the reasons people think he's stupid, but its all bullshit. It's crazy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I just read the Marketplace interview. Hoooooeeeee.

Carson is clearly very intelligent but I could never imagine a more crystal clear case of Doctor Blindness -- "I understand one thing very thoroughly, so I understand all things better than everyone." Dude is too ignorant to even realize how ignorant he is.

That's racist, seriously. Calling him ignorant and poo poo, what hateful language. He goes on tons of policy on this talk I just posted. Someone posted "Carson has a good idea on public schools.." and was ignored lol

Smoothrich fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 28, 2015

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

The Arena Has 11,000 Seats But 10,000 Will Be Empty At GOP Debate

quote:

The first Republican candidate debate, in Cleveland, had a large number of empty seats too — about 4,500 seats were filled in a 20,000-seat arena.

Lynch says the Republican National Committee also gets 200 seats, the presidential candidates onstage will each get some, CNBC will keep some for itself and the University of Colorado will get 150 seats.

link

The Puppet Master fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 28, 2015

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Kick out the 3%ers and put smoothrich and boosted_c5 on the stage imo

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Image being a candidate on that stage. In front of you is just the dead eyes of your party members and bigwigs, the mouth watering of the major party donors all betting on the right horse to back, the hyper control of the faces of their families, and the look of unflinching certainty in the chosen crazed supporters (many of whom do not support you in the least unless you are DT, Ben Carson, or maybe Jeb!). The behind all that is just a darkness, a void. Maybe there is a comfort in void?

The Puppet Master fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 28, 2015

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Smoothrich posted:

Doesn't change the fact that the man doesn't know the difference between the budget and debt limit, thinks that the theory of evolution was created by Satan to lure people from God, thinks that humans are too stupid to have morals without a bible, says that Muslims shouldn't be allowed to run for office, compares the affordable Healthcare act to violently enslaving an entire race of people, and believes that a magic sky wizard created all life in the universe in literally 6 days.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i can understand people who think ben carson is retarded, because he looks like a retarded person while saying things a retarded person would say in the manner that a retarded person would say them

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

People think Ben Carson is dumb as hell because he says dumb as hell things like "Obamacare is the worst thing since slavery" and "if Jews had guns, no Holocaust" hth

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
"This event is hosted by the University of Colorado, Boulder!" *lets 150 students attend*

I'm not saying it's not the smart move, but still

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

so is this recent dip in polls (is that actually happening, or is carson just gobbling up more establishment support + fiorina?) what will finally stump the Trump?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 28, 2015

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Smoothrich posted:

That's racist, seriously. Calling him ignorant and poo poo, what hateful language. He goes on tons of policy on this talk I just posted. Someone posted "Carson has a good idea on public schools.." and was ignored lol

I'm going to hit on Carson's good idea on public schools in a little more detail, but the idea of distributing school property taxes throughout the state instead of the local municipality has been floated by before, mostly by democrats in cities with urban core's. Republicans would demonize it as socialism immediately and even suburban democrats would fight it tooth and nail.

The amount of political capital required to get something like that done would be insane because of the FYGMism involved. I live in a suburb adjacent to Philadelphia, a city with some decent public schools and ALOT of bad ones. My municipalities schools are pretty decent and we pay a good amount for it. Philly's school taxes are about half of ours and the consensus among suburbanites seems to be "well you get what you pay for". I can't imagine a scenario where my suburban neighbors would be willing to either give up significant funding so some of the money could flow into Philadelphia, OR pay a (much) higher rate that would bring all the schools in the state up to a funding level comparable to ours.

And I'm only in a moderately well-off municipality, their are districts on the main line (where all the old money lives) and in Bucks county that pay twice what I do in school taxes and their tantrum would make ours pale in comparison.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The Nastier Nate posted:

If there's one thing that suburban democrats and republicans can agree on, it's that they will storm their school board with torches and pitchforks before they allow their local school tax dollars to go to some other district.

Vermont and New Jersey have both been forcing just that thing to happen for quite some years now. :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

The campaigns complaining about being put in bad accommodations are dumb. You can obviously see that Rand Paul was in the visiting team/officials locker room and carefully chose that angle to make it look worse. Yeah it is not as nice, no one is going to make it as nice since it gets used a lot less and you honestly don't care too much about the people using them. Right where that campaign should be.

Fiorina got put in the training room, where athletic trainers help athletes with their injuries etc. It looks like a nice one but just wanted to clarify that.

Funny that Paul got updated to the lacrosse office, it's probably further away from the debate area since lacrosse teams don't play in the arena.

Trump got the luxurious basketball team area that you show off to recruits to try and get them to come to your school.

• Locked thread