Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Bad Seafood posted:

Says I can get the discount code off my game shelf but I'm not seeing it.

They said it won't be available until after release. Bummer. I'll wait for the coupon get it on gog and then buy it cheaply when it goes on sale on steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Oh, okay. That's fine.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Bad Seafood posted:

Says I can get the discount code off my game shelf but I'm not seeing it.

The code should be on the original game's card in your library (but it only shows up on the website, not in the Galaxy client).

Go to "redeem code" at the bottom of the page and enter that code, and you'll be given the option to check out at the discounted price.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This is what I see:

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Bad Seafood posted:

This is what I see:

I can't even get mine to load the downloads etc. My other games do show however.

prometheusbound2
Jul 5, 2010
I'm so excited for the dark sun games. I think they're better than baldurs gate in terms of story and quest design. My dream game they'll never get because it's too obscure is Alien Legacy.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dark Sun 1 is insanely good and everyone should play it. Please don't play Wake of the Ravager though.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dark Sun 1 is insanely good and everyone should play it. Please don't play Wake of the Ravager though.

I can't comment on WotR, but one thing I liked about the duo is that they make having multi-class characters very viable and powerful... you almost gimp yourself if you have a party of 4 single-class dude(tte)s. Having an elven fighter/preserver/psionicist is rather badass, frankly.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Saoshyant posted:

They are still missing Segasoft stuff, which would be a challenge to 1) get the rights for, 2) get it running on modern systems. Emperor of the Fading Suns, Rocket Jockey, and a bunch of other titles. I want them all to be historically preserved.

Why haven't they struck a deal with Sega yet? You'd think Sega would be desperate for the money. Or is their stuff all unrunnable old Windows stuff?

BadAstronaut posted:

And this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Shadow

I am sure it is coming some time soon...

It's not a D&D game, so it doesn't have the Long-Forbidden Brand and thus probably wouldn't experience the Cartmanland effect (i.e. people buy it because they finally can) as much, but on the upside, they wouldn't have to give Hasbro a cut of the profits.

JustJeff88 posted:

I also just remembered those two Buck Rogers games that were done in the Gold Box Engine, Countdown to Doomsday and Matrix Cubed, but I think that the rights for those are held by some studio in hollywood, so I wouldn't hold my breath. Those and that Spelljammer/Forgotten Realms game, Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace, are the last games in the Gold Box Engine.

No, those are just the movie rights. Former TSR owner Lorraine Williams owns the relevant rights; WotC and thus Hasbro owns the RPG ruleset.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 28, 2015

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

WotR was actually my first CRPG.

I was 12 or something when I played but I remember it was a blast, I loved it.

Anyways, what's so wrong about it?

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 28, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Here's the remaining SSI-published D&D games (I might be missing at least one - Stronghold slipped under my radar completely).

DRAGONLANCE:
Heroes of the Lance trilogy
War of the Lance
Dragonstrike

OTHERS:
SpellJammer: Pirates of Realmspace

The remaining Dragonlance games clearly aren't out of the question, since the Krynn series wasn't labeled 'Dragonlance Collection' or 'Dragonlance: The Archives'.

As previously stated, also of note is P{rophecy of the Shadow, a brandless game.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

Not a D&D game, but I would like them to have a go at D.W. Bradley's Wizards and Warriors. It is possible to get it to run on modern systems, especially the videos in-game, but I managed it and with GOG's wizardry I bet that they could do it with aplomb.

Definitely agree with this---the game is such a pain to deal with, but amidst all the nigh-literal descent unto madness that was D.W Bradley's jaunt to it from Wizardry and Wiz 8...it definitely deserves a second chance if they can bludgeon it into an ideally working order. At the very least, it needs a "fan" scene even more than the very modest one that Wiz 8 managed to eke out---not quite to a Co8 degree like ToEE did, but closer than not.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

BiggerJ posted:

Why haven't they struck a deal with Sega yet?

I have no idea when it comes to Sega and why GOG haven't approached them to date. Sega had tons of ports of Saturn/Dreamcast games on PC like Panzer Dragoon, Virtua Fighter 1/2, Sega Rally, Billy Hatcher, and assorted Sonic games. They also have more recent stuff that is now getting older and thus within "classic" territory like Condemened. All of those would be good additions on GOG.

Segasoft, though is a rather different matter. Segasoft was a partnership between CSK and Sega, they were the people behind the Heat.net service that powered a bunch of online games way back then. Segasoft titles thus have two problems like I mentioned: 1) licenses (who owns these now? someone would have to figure that out), 2) Windows 95 titles, which don't run well at all in the NT world and can't just be conveniently wrapped on a DOSBOX installation.

If GOG won't bother with these they are pretty much dead as history goes. A tiny footnote that few will remember. DotEmu stopped the whole trying to get old games on their storefront a while ago and is now focused on remaking old games (badly). GOG is basically the only player left in town for old games.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 28, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Wow I had no idea Billy Hatcher got a PC release.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

elf help book posted:

Wow I had no idea Billy Hatcher got a PC release.

As digital storefronts go, it's one of the few Gamersgate exclusives mostly due to lack of interest from other storefronts.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hope they don’t add Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg because whenever I see its name, due to some forgotten but presumably traumatic childhood association, I immediately say “Teri Hatcher and the Curse of the Phantom Bum Eggs”. Please spare me this GOG

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

moot the hopple posted:

I liked the Jedi randomization because it would produce goofy things like Jedi Chewbacca and Lando. Rebels kind of get screwed in terms of the force because you have to wait ~200 days for Luke to get back from Dagobah before he can start detecting force sensitives, then you have to level him up to master so he can train others. You get Leia as a guaranteed force user but it's kind of wasted on her other than raising her diplomacy a bit. I guess it's a little balanced out by the fact that there's more commando type heroes on the Rebel side so you have the potential for better Jedi fighters.

There's supposed to be an event where Han is captured by bounty hunters in the game but I've literally never seen it happen successfully. It just shows him next to the corpses of 5 dozen bounty hunters going "These guys just don't know when to quit!" every single time. Guess he has to be injured or something for it to happen.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Halloween sale is here: http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_halloween_monster_hunt_281015

Some good ones there - alan wake, amnesia, costume quest, ....

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

BiggerJ posted:

Here's the remaining SSI-published D&D games (I might be missing at least one - Stronghold slipped under my radar completely).

DRAGONLANCE:
Heroes of the Lance trilogy
War of the Lance
Dragonstrike

OTHERS:
SpellJammer: Pirates of Realmspace

The remaining Dragonlance games clearly aren't out of the question, since the Krynn series wasn't labeled 'Dragonlance Collection' or 'Dragonlance: The Archives'.

As previously stated, also of note is P{rophecy of the Shadow, a brandless game.

Ah, yes, I had forgotten about the strategy game War of the Lance; confused it with the first game of the HotL trilogy. Heroes of the Lance and Dragons of Flame are both kind of crap, but I would still like to see them alongside Shadow Sorceror (a totally different genre of game that I have never played) in a bundle for, say, $9.99.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How is the dark sun series? they seem similar to knights of the chalice and that was extremely my poo poo.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

DrManiac posted:

How is the dark sun series? they seem similar to knights of the chalice and that was extremely my poo poo.

Dark Sun is maybe the coolest D&D setting out there, but I actually haven't played the games. I've tried, but I've always found it extremely tough to go back to the pre-BG D&D games. I know they're well-liked though.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

DrManiac posted:

I jumped on KotC because it reminded me of Warriors of the Eternal Sun on Genesis, which I adored, but now I kind of regret buying it (it was actually given to me, but still) not because it's bad, because it's quite good, but because the author is a total arsehole and in retrospect I don't want people giving him money.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That' "i love Minecraft but now that I know Notch made it and is a terrible human being I don't like it anymore" levels of dumb. If the game is good I don't care. Same for Fez, the dev is a dick, but the game is great so who cares.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

KotC dude is self-sabotaging by refusing to put his game on other sites, developing dumb RTSs nobody wants instead of KotC 2, and self-publishing books about the glory of libertarianism because there’s a market for those as written by a French videogame developer.

Hell, Jimmy Page and David Bowie both hosed 14-year-olds but I still listen to their music. Up to you who you give your money to I guess, just seems weird.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Guillermus posted:

That' "i love Minecraft but now that I know Notch made it and is a terrible human being I don't like it anymore" levels of dumb. If the game is good I don't care. Same for Fez, the dev is a dick, but the game is great so who cares.

That's great for you, but some people do care. I'm not exactly seeing why your specific opinion invalidates the opinion of people who do give a poo poo about supporting lovely people, even indirectly. :rolleyes:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I see both sides of the issue of "I like the product of Person X, but Person X is a dick who does bad things... am I wrong in buying Person X's product because they are a douche even though the product has nothing directly to do with that?" I'd like to think that I stress about it because I have a conscience and I want to do the right thing, but I could be flattering myself.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

KotC dude is self-sabotaging by refusing to put his game on other sites, developing dumb RTSs nobody wants instead of KotC 2...

I'm genuinely glad that I am not the only one who thinks that. Once in a great while I check his site to see if he actually does anything regarding a sequel, and instead he either further tweaks his manifesto or remakes a Dune RTS from years ago that nobody sodding cares about.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

JustJeff88 posted:

I see both sides of the issue of "I like the product of Person X, but Person X is a dick who does bad things... am I wrong in buying Person X's product because they are a douche even though the product has nothing directly to do with that?" I'd like to think that I stress about it because I have a conscience and I want to do the right thing, but I could be flattering myself.

I'm genuinely glad that I am not the only one who thinks that. Once in a great while I check his site to see if he actually does anything regarding a sequel, and instead he either further tweaks his manifesto or remakes a Dune RTS from years ago that nobody sodding cares about.

Did he actually do anything, or is he just a huge douchebag?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That's great for you, but some people do care. I'm not exactly seeing why your specific opinion invalidates the opinion of people who do give a poo poo about supporting lovely people, even indirectly. :rolleyes:

Lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I found out the guy who made my burrito got a speeding ticket and I threw it up. Disgusting imo

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Does anyone know what the deal is behind GMG not having GOG Witcher 3 keys for the past week?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

monster on a stick posted:

Does anyone know what the deal is behind GMG not having GOG Witcher 3 keys for the past week?

GOG probably still won't sell them any and whatever their other source was may have run dry.

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Did he actually do anything, or is he just a huge douchebag?

What I found in a few minutes research on my phone:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/pierre-begue-hates-money-the-knights-of-the-chalice-ii-thread.86951/

Basically, mostly a douche.

As mentioned in that thread, he also wrote a book about how great libertarianism is which may put him either into "he did something to deserve condemnation" territory or turn him into a cool dude depending on where you stand on that topic.

(libertarianism is stupid)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The gently caress? Sure he's douchey, but that's a dumb as poo poo reason not to buy his game.

Edit: actually he's not even that douchey just a little sensitive about people on his own forum saying no one cares about a game he made.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 31, 2015

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Why exactly wouldn't GOG want to carry both titles, is it because they don't have enough inventory space on their servers?

Or perhaps they want to keep the quality of their games high, which is why they carry Daikatana?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'm not going to get involved into the "ethics argument" and I'm sorry to have inadvertently kicked it off, but I read that link and I'm frankly stunned. If it's one thing that libertards usually love it's money, and this crétin is basically refusing to put his very popular game on a popular distribution service, which would probably increase his sales by orders of magnitude even if he gets a smaller cut, because they don't want his far less popular RTS which for some reason he adores. Utterly ridiculous or I'm missing something.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

monster on a stick posted:

Why exactly wouldn't GOG want to carry both titles, is it because they don't have enough inventory space on their servers?

Or perhaps they want to keep the quality of their games high, which is why they carry Daikatana?

The difference is that Daikatana was published by Eidos. It makes sense to carry Daikatana and pretend that it's great if it means you also get to carry Anachronox and Deus Ex.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

mr. why posted:

The difference is that Daikatana was published by Eidos. It makes sense to carry Daikatana and pretend that it's great if it means you also get to carry Anachronox and Deus Ex.

It's not like Eidos' CEO flew to Poland and said "you're going to be John Romero's bitch or else no Deus Ex", Daikatana is a 15 year old joke.

I just think GOG is being a bit foolish, carrying two games that aren't on Steam makes your service more appealing for both users and other small developers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I still don't understand why people wouldn't buy this guy's games on moral grounds. Game sucks or is overpriced for what it is, even just wanting to limit online purchases to a few trusted sites like GOG or Steam, all of those I understand, but I don't know what he did that makes people say "you shouldn't buy from him." Question his decisions and make fun of him all you want, but a flat out boycott I don't understand.

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I still don't understand why people wouldn't buy this guy's games on moral grounds. Game sucks or is overpriced for what it is, even just wanting to limit online purchases to a few trusted sites like GOG or Steam, all of those I understand, but I don't know what he did that makes people say "you shouldn't buy from him." Question his decisions and make fun of him all you want, but a flat out boycott I don't understand.

Everyone is different. Some people mind, some don't. There is nothing special to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Some goons are hipsters at heart and only want to buy free-range games untouched by the SA definition of douchebag (which currently includes libertarians, aspies, and people who wear fedoras.) There's probably more to the list but I haven't kept track.