Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

He basically can't stop himself from this kind of behavior. It'll be what sinks him eventually, he'll see a bit of a decline and freak out, which will really turn people off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The worst thing about drug testing is that it basically is going to nail weed smokers more than anyone else. You need to pass a drug test and you use cocaine? Abstain for 2 days. You smoke weed, 30 days.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Radbot posted:

The only good thing about NC is their correct decision on BBQ sauce (tangy, mustard based).

You ignorant shithead, that's South Carolina! And AWFUL.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Gravel Gravy posted:

NC is vinegar based.

SC is mustard based.

False. Tomato based and Alabama's....mayonnaise based sauces are not ok.

I had Alabama bbq sauce for the first time about a month ago, and never again, so terrible. Alabama BBQ sauce, not even once.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Donald Trump's green room on the left, Rand Paul's on the right

Aides to Chris Christie and Rand Paul complain their work spaces look like bathrooms.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/campaigns-gripe-over-greenrooms-at-third-gop-debate-215226

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

The worst thing about drug testing is that it basically is going to nail weed smokers more than anyone else. You need to pass a drug test and you use cocaine? Abstain for 2 days. You smoke weed, 30 days.

I've done effortposts on this before, but 30 days is a serious overestimate. The vast majority of smokers are clean in far less time. The "30 days" canard comes from a single subject in a single study, whose THC levels kept mysteriously spiking throughout the study so that it took him more than a month to get clean. All other users were clean within two weeks, even long-term heavy smokers. (The NDCP did a meta-study on this and found the same thing, unfortunately I can't find that paper right now.) From personal experience, two weeks is a much more reasonable timeframe for heavy users, and one-time users are clean within a week and possibly within 48 hours they could beat a simple immunoassay that only tests to ~25 ng/mL (but not GC/MS which can get to ~5 ng/mL). The THC-metabolites hang around in fatty cells, but not nearly as long as you think, and I've seen heavy users hydrate/creatinine their way to being clean within a span of several days.

But obviously your point is correct. I just like to remind people of this whenever it comes up.

mdemone fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 28, 2015

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Any word about the hearings into the ISIS hostage rescue? The facts surrounding that sound exactly like the first Delta Force movie right down to the old grizzled veteran dying on the plane on the way out after the successful rescue.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Gravel Gravy posted:

False. Tomato based sauces are not ok.

WHAT

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lote posted:

Any word about the hearings into the ISIS hostage rescue? The facts surrounding that sound exactly like the first Delta Force movie right down to the old grizzled veteran dying on the plane on the way out after the successful rescue.

Yeah, it was a right wing parody rag, there aren't any hearings.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

zoux posted:

I remember reading that his whole goal was to goad the West into such unconscionable brutality against the Mideast that the whole Muslim world would unite in response and usher in the global Caliphate but that's my fuzzy recollection.

A few pages back but after 9/11 we had a reporter come into our high school to explain the situation and this is exactly what he said Bin Laden's motivation was. So frustrating to watch Bush play right into his hand for the next 7 years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

HappyHippo posted:

A few pages back but after 9/11 we had a reporter come into our high school to explain the situation and this is exactly what he said Bin Laden's motivation was. So frustrating to watch Bush play right into his hand for the next 7 years.

I have some exciting news for you: we continue to play into his skeleton hand to this very day.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gravel Gravy posted:

NC is vinegar based.

SC is mustard based.

Not true. South Carolina has three native BBQ traditions, basically radiating out in triangles centered on Columbia -- south and east is mustard, south and west is ketchup, north is vinegar-based (with some tinges of either mustard or ketchup depending on where exactly you are).

That said, vinegar base is very clearly the superior choice.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Gravel Gravy posted:

If you need to drown your meat in any sauce you didn't have a good rub or didn't smoke enough to begin with.

This is the correct answer.

No single style of sauce goes above "I guess it's ok if you need it." But really you should be concentrating on the meat and the quality of the cooking. At best you should only ever need a slight drizzle of sauce.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Not true. South Carolina has three native BBQ traditions, basically radiating out in triangles centered on Columbia -- south and east is mustard, south and west is ketchup, north is vinegar-based (with some tinges of either mustard or ketchup depending on where exactly you are).

That said, vinegar base is very clearly the superior choice.

The ketchup area you are referring to is a small sliver in hills have eyes country, don't put that evil on us.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Gravel Gravy posted:

NC is vinegar based.

SC is mustard based.

The North Carolina LAN thread is leaking again.

mdemone posted:

He basically can't stop himself from this kind of behavior. It'll be what sinks him eventually, he'll see a bit of a decline and freak out, which will really turn people off.

This is super weird to read. Trump has prided himself on being the best negotiator ever for real, and now he's begging for votes. What? I'm really tired of hearing about him, so I hope this continues.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
From the quotes it sounds like the tone was humorous.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

zoux posted:

I have some exciting news for you: we continue to play into his skeleton hand to this very day.

Oh I know.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mdemone posted:

He was clearly saying that in a joking manor. You're reading much too much into that statement.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

zoux posted:

I would argue that we're arguably just trying to clean up the mess we caused and not completely vacate responsibility while also trying to minimize potential harm. I think it's fairly different in scope, scale and kind from Bush's doctrine.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And Jeff Dunham continues to prop up his right hand man Achmed the dead terrorist.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

I would argue that we're arguably just trying to clean up the mess we caused and not completely vacate responsibility while also trying to minimize potential harm. I think it's fairly different in scope, scale and kind from Bush's doctrine.

Half the country insane and frothing with Islamophobia is part of his plan. The national character has been diseased and malignant since 9/11.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

mdemone posted:

I think Trump has bigger issues to worry about.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

BonoMan posted:

This is the correct answer.

No single style of sauce goes above "I guess it's ok if you need it." But really you should be concentrating on the meat and the quality of the cooking. At best you should only ever need a slight drizzle of sauce.

lmao yeah flavor is overrated

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Radbot posted:

He also made sure that I'm going to be paying out the rear end for Medicare when I'm old and repeatedly laid out the red carpet for massive Social Security cuts. But at least gays can fight in our pointless wars!

Yo, this isn't true. Like it's just straight up not a thing. You shouldn't post obviously untrue bullshit.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

archangelwar posted:

Dry rub only is superior, favorite sauce on the side.

This is correct. The flat cut of brisket does require some kind of sauce, mustard for preference. Other than that if you need it you either didn't have a good cut, didn't have a good run, didn't smoke it right, or some combination of the 3.

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 28, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

Yo, this isn't true. Like it's just straight up not a thing. You shouldn't post obviously untrue bullshit.

Consider the source.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

baw posted:

Finally, the Tea Party is taking steps to begin impeachment proceedings against the IRS commissioner.

Is the threshold for impeaching a political appointee lower than for impeaching the president?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sullat posted:

Is the threshold for impeaching a political appointee lower than for impeaching the president?

You can impeach anyone for anything you want since "high crimes and misdemeanors" is not defined. The Senate still has to vote to convict.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Are there any politicians who follow the greatn doctrine?

It goes like this: "Oops, we hosed up. Sorry. See you later, good luck with that. If you manage to pull this one out ask us about financial assistance!"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

That's not a Trump issue. That's a Republican issue flat out failing to understand the Hispanic vote. Trump is forcing the issue with his rhetoric and causing all the other candidates to up their craziness to match the Trump.

Pox
Feb 16, 2015

quote:

Then there was Chris Christie, whose small space was dominated by a toilet.

I think these things are true of any room Christie is standing in.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

seiferguy posted:

That's not a Trump issue. That's a Republican issue flat out failing to understand the Hispanic vote. Trump is forcing the issue with his rhetoric and causing all the other candidates to up their craziness to match the Trump.

They understand it. They just can't talk to both their base and Hispanic voters.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Didn't the Democrat supermajority in the Senate essentially involve propping up a dying man long enough for him to vote for the last few months they had it, on top of the problems with the blue dogs.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

Didn't the Democrat supermajority in the Senate essentially involve propping up a dying man long enough for him to vote for the last few months they had it, on top of the problems with the blue dogs.

Yes. Pelosi and Reid are/were able to keep their caucuses under such tight control nowadays because anyone far enough from the liberal wing of the party to vote against the party line were replaced by Republicans.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It'd be cool if this time in the wilderness teaches congressional Democrats party discipline.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

greatn posted:

Are there any politicians who follow the greatn doctrine?

It goes like this: "Oops, we hosed up. Sorry. See you later, good luck with that. If you manage to pull this one out ask us about financial assistance!"

It's what we did in Egypt most recently but a lot of people don't seem to like it for some reason.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And it was two dying men. And a couple vacant seats, one due to Blagojevich dreams and one due to election recount lawsuits.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

So I have been seeing some doom saying about CISA (which passed the Senate in June) and was wondering if anyone knows how likely it will pass through the House reconciliation process with the current poo poo with the debt limit and Speaker? Cause i see it being put on the back burner at best.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I saw one of those Mockingjay symbols sandwiched between TED CRUZ this morning on my way into work in Boulder.

It's coming.

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Dr. Tough posted:

Donald Trump's green room on the left, Rand Paul's on the right

Aides to Chris Christie and Rand Paul complain their work spaces look like bathrooms.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/campaigns-gripe-over-greenrooms-at-third-gop-debate-215226

Sounds like they're jealous of Trump's success.

• Locked thread