Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Haven't been watching worlds much since last week or so, any of the recent poo poo worth watching based on the results? Doesn't seem like it.

henkman posted:

Oh, we know why

would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

Haven't been watching worlds much since last week or so, any of the recent poo poo worth watching based on the results? Doesn't seem like it.

game 1 in both fnc / koo and og / skt were decent, all the games after that were retardo mega stomps tho

who wouldn't? good lord

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

shook is playing ranked 5s with h2k :)

The idea of going from one jungler who can only play Lee Sin to another jungler who can only play Lee Sin is pretty funny, but I do think shook is unquestionably better than Loulex. It would be an upgrade.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

game 1 in both fnc / koo and og / skt were decent, all the games after that were retardo mega stomps tho
i'll pass then tbh, kinda hard to drum up interest when the results are like they are.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flipswitch posted:

i'll pass then tbh, kinda hard to drum up interest when the results are like they are.

Games 1 and 2 of FNC/KOO were both pretty close with FNC having leads at some point in both games. Game 3 was a stomp, though.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

The idea of going from one jungler who can only play Lee Sin to another jungler who can only play Lee Sin is pretty funny, but I do think shook is unquestionably better than Loulex. It would be an upgrade.

Yeah definitely an upgrade but not a huge one unless Shook can actually show up.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
shook was always criticized because he had a huge variance between godlike (brutally carrying every single lane vs najin) and useless, but when you remember that shook's absolute lowest level of play is probably loulex's general level it seems like a pretty good deal.

i think his champ pool is better as well, his lee is insane but his other stuff is still good. he almost managed to carry that loving horrendous CW team a few times so credit to him.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Since Shook at least has the raw skill there, there's always a chance that a coach or team can help him to be more consistent. If he's ever able to get his average close to his top form it'd be a huge gain for the team he's on.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I've never liked Shook's unpredictability but Loulex has completely dragged down H2K's play in their highest level matches.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Disinterested posted:

Actually rekkles has a long history of overtraining and getting mad at his team if they refuse to train like he's heard Koreans do 20 hours a day

To be fair if you were on Elements you'd want Wickd practicing 20 hours a day until he could play something other than Irelia

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why is it you see top laners from EU and NA tilting harder than any other role/region? Huni isn't even European but you can still visibly see him tilting.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flameingblack posted:

Why is it you see top laners from EU and NA tilting harder than any other role/region? Huni isn't even European but you can still visibly see him tilting.

i have actually thought about this a lot and as far as i can see there is only one person who can save eu top lane

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Darien would've crushed all these Riven/Fiora/Darius scrubs with his Renekton

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

rabidsquid posted:

I forgot to mention this but the import rule was also cleverly worded to prevent teams from doing this. You can't compete in OGN for a split because your roster would need 3 korean players. All of the regions are essentially locked forever.

Get team of 2 western starters, 2 KR starters, 1 slot shared between 1 western & 1 KR player depending on what region you wanna play in.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Savage Cracker posted:

Marin would've crushed all these Riven/Fiora/Darius scrubs with his Renekton

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This kind of talk will pick up way more once worlds is over, but has anyone heard anything about Dandy and Mata? I assume they are out of VG, but I haven't heard a peep about where they may be going.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Savage Cracker posted:

Darien would've crushed all these Riven/Fiora/Darius/Renekton scrubs with his Warwick

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

This kind of talk will pick up way more once worlds is over, but has anyone heard anything about Dandy and Mata? I assume they are out of VG, but I haven't heard a peep about where they may be going.

There are rumors that Snake want to sign Mata and buy out Uzi to put together a super team. Haven't heard anything about DanDy.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

rabidsquid posted:

There are rumors that Snake want to sign Mata and buy out Uzi to put together a super team. Haven't heard anything about DanDy.

moneyfight.gif

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
dandy just ulted on rengar, you better hope you're not the next person to hear about him

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

i have actually thought about this a lot and as far as i can see there is only one person who can save eu top lane

i miss gambit

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nomadologique posted:

dandy just ulted on rengar, you better hope you're not the next person to hear about him

Rengar isnt a top laner stop trolling please this is a polite discussion thread full of friends

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

i miss gambit

We all do.

We all do... :(

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WyYA4KqV4o

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Rengar isnt a top laner stop trolling please this is a polite discussion thread full of friends

:(

I REALLY hope he goes back to jungle.

also, this makes the whole CLG thing make a lot more sense to me:

quote:

Due to the recent speculation involving the Pobelter-Huhi transition, I wanted to make a statement to clear up the situation. When we initially tried Huhi and Pobelter for mid lane, after the departure of Link, we found that both would be successful players for CLG. During this time, our final decision was to go with Huhi due to his mindset, communication, and intelligence about the game. We were going to field him, but due to visa problems that would involve him not coming to the States until the third week of LCS, we needed another mid laner which created the idea of the 6 man roster to emulate SKT's swapping mid lane option. Pobelter, once integrated into the team, had a lot of positive attributes, but also some negative as well. We felt that his mechanical ability overall was his shining point over Huhi, which makes his starting point a lot higher, being more ideal for the Summer Split since we have limited time to make a successful roster. Yet, when we had to make tough decisions and consider if we wanted to change any positions on the team, we decided that Huhi's communication and mindset on how to approach learning, coaching, and the game was more ideal to promote long term growth even if his mechanics are not as strong at this moment. As we have two splits until next season's Worlds, our team is aiming for the most successful environment for learning and growth over a long period of time and we felt this change was necessary to achieve that ideal state. As far as Pobelter's departure, we gave him the option of staying as a substitute, but as eSports goes, a successful player doesn't need to be on the bench and can go to other teams to play quite easily. Therefore, Pobelter chose to pursue other options.

I think the young Pob is really good and any NA team not named TSM or C9 would probably take him.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Rush and Impact really need to stay in NA. There's a massive shortage of good junglers and toplaners there.

My arbitrary list of actual world class players in NA, good enough to be competitive at Worlds if you had 3+ in one team:

Bjergsen
Incarnation
Rush
Impact
Sneaky
Piglet if he can be bothered to
Plus maybe:
Hauntzer
Altec
Bunnyfufu? I don' know

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Mash posted:

Rush and Impact really need to stay in NA. There's a massive shortage of good junglers and toplaners there.

My arbitrary list of actual world class players in NA, good enough to be competitive at Worlds if you had 3+ in one team:

Bjergsen
Incarnation
Rush
Impact
Sneaky
Piglet if he can be bothered to
Plus maybe:
Hauntzer
Altec
Bunnyfufu? I don' know

I agree with these, but I think Rush and Impact are goners. I highly doubt they will be in NA next year.

My guesses for big imports into NA next season:

1. I could see Sven and Freddy ending up on TSM.
2. Freeze or Forgiven will end up in NA, one of them on Renegades.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

1. I could see Sven and Freddy ending up on TSM.
2. Freeze or Forgiven will end up in NA, one of them on Renegades.

sven is good but i can imagine the bigger teams being kinda wary about picking him up due to the poo poo from last worlds. i think fredy is poo poo now but maybe he can sort that out, idk.

freeze vs forgiven will be sick if they're both on good teams.

people on reddit keep saying tsm mithy (based on p much no evidence) and i don't think it will happen but it reminded me of that time NiP trolled a tournament when Nukeduck changed his name to TSM Mithy, then mithy changed his own name to something else dumb and it confused the gently caress out of the casters the entire series

e: vvv lmao too loving true vvv

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 28, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

hahaha why in the gently caress would Mithy leave a team that was very competitive at WORLDS to go join a team that was very competitive in NA??

Peke literally houses them in a european sex dungeon where the only downside is having to see Peke's hog backdooring nexuses at all hours of the day. TSM people have bunk beds and locodoco watches you while you sleep.

I think TSM Adrian is like the dream pick up and one that is very possible given TIPs situation. C9 or TSM should be grabbing him.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think NA is garbage and will continue to be complete garbage

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Jerkface posted:

hahaha why in the gently caress would Mithy leave a team that was very competitive at WORLDS to go join a team that was very competitive in NA??

Peke literally houses them in a european sex dungeon where the only downside is having to see Peke's hog backdooring nexuses at all hours of the day. TSM people have bunk beds and locodoco watches you while you sleep.

I think TSM Adrian is like the dream pick up and one that is very possible given TIPs situation. C9 or TSM should be grabbing him.

If I were TSM I'd be offering Adrian and Altec the loving moon to join up. They're both already good, and they're motivated enough to have been spending the offseason in Korea grinding soloq to get better instead of loving around, so not only are they likely going to be better, you're going to be getting a lane you already know has synergy.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

IXIX posted:

If I were TSM I'd be offering Adrian and Altec the loving moon to join up. They're both already good, and they're motivated enough to have been spending the offseason in Korea grinding soloq to get better instead of loving around, so not only are they likely going to be better, you're going to be getting a lane you already know has synergy.

You probably wouldn't even have to pay them that much, because while I'm sure there are plenty of places they could go, they don't even know who's going to own their team next split. They have no stability right now and TSM is probably the most stable NA org.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Jerkface posted:

I love the contrast of how everyone talks about how TSM streamers make $Texas just because of the brand but the team's house is super bland and completely bare of, well, anything.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
TSM Flame/KaKao/Bjergson/Altec/Adrian pls. Although Hauntzer or Cabochard would be okay too. Honestly I just want to see KaKao streaming League of Legends every single day.

Thinking about it, Flame & KaKao would probably be the most popular streamers on Twitch besides the usuals (Qtpie, Bjerg, Froggen, Trick2g, Oddone, and Dyrus)

Also bring over Acorn/Spirit to play for Cloud9. They can both manage on their own and Hai can play both Sneaky and Incarnati0n's characters for them from support.

And put Emporer on Gravity to replace Altec for all the insane Keane/Emporer shenanigans.

IXIX posted:

Altec/Adrian have played together before?

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 28, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sneaky is not world class, he's the Rekkles of NA.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Crazy Larry posted:

I love the contrast of how everyone talks about how TSM streamers make $Texas just because of the brand but the team's house is super bland and completely bare of, well, anything.

Weird that 20 year old mega dorks aren't using their newfound riches to buy rock waterfall arrangements and dope cabinets.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

Sneaky is not world class, he's the Rekkles of NA.

So, the best in his role on the best team with a dope kda. Alright.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

*nerd voice* But his KDA

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

You don't have to use the * or () voice posting trope when you're just talking regular. It's to indicate the use of a character or affectation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

http://tl.gd/n_1sno9b0

Ahhhh CLG

• Locked thread