Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
FNatic: We didn't do as well as we wanted, but if we stick together we can become stronger next season and make it further
CLG: gently caress it, we didn't win World's, FIRE EVERYONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

CLOG CLOG CLOG CLOG CLOG

everyone chant with me to give them your power

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

quote:

There were several reasons that led to this decision, but the primary one was my failure to conduct myself as a coach in line with CLG’s and my own standards. In the end I breached the trust of both the organization and the team.

i accidentally made clg achieve some small level of success. im truly sorry for destroying the central foundation of everything the CLG organization is built on

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

quote:

A breach of the values that George and I uphold in CLG occurred and a relationship of employment with Chris couldn’t continue.

lol

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Coach Chris: hey hotshot, i always thought that maybe nunu was just warding for you. he had no mana and he had just given you blue buff. he didn't mean you should go in

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Lovechop posted:

Coach Chris: hey hotshot, i always thought that maybe nunu was just warding for you. he had no mana and he had just given you blue buff. he didn't mean you should go in

"maybe you should have told your team raiden was in that bush instead of just yelling about it."

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Sneaky is not world class, he's the Rekkles of NA.

He's the Imp of China.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He jerked off double lift and made him spill his pearly seed the night before a big game and it sapped his essence and he didn't play very well. A coach should know better.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

You don't have to use the * or () voice posting trope when you're just talking regular. It's to indicate the use of a character or affectation.

I'll remember that next time im posting like u

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm pretty surprised that a guy who nicknamed himself Blurred Limes conducted himself unprofessionally.

Hey ey ey ey ey

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Never change CLG.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Did he not share the streamer babes

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
It's been too long since we had 17 pages of resentment. What ever happened to being booted off a team or org and trying to make them crash and burn for the rest of eternity? I miss that poo poo.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

Did he not share the streamer babes

New requirement on future coaching applications:

* Have to be comfortable Eiffel towering a babe with HotshotGG and have to make solid hand and eye contact while Aphromoo watches from the corner and provides play-making support

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Parallel Playa posted:

It's been too long since we had 17 pages of resentment. What ever happened to being booted off a team or org and trying to make them crash and burn for the rest of eternity? I miss that poo poo.

Dyrus didn't even deliver on his promise of sweet sweet Esports Drama

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

New requirement on future coaching applications:

* Have to be comfortable Eiffel towering a babe with HotshotGG and have to make solid hand and eye contact while Aphromoo watches from the corner and provides play-making support

You've got to have lane presence

Savage Cracker posted:

Dyrus didn't even deliver on his promise of sweet sweet Esports Drama

Dyrus was just sick of people poo poo talking TSM and everyone hyped it up hoping for it to be about him talking poo poo about The People That They Hate

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I cant believe the coach of CLG resigned/was fired and left with a cryptic message about breaching the trust of hotshot or some poo poo and there hasnt been a leak as to what happened

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Dyrus is playing Riven on stream and it's embarrassing to watch. Good thing the old man retired now that Fiora and Riven are legit picks at the top level.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Was Dyrus feeding on Riven at the same time as QT was feeding on Yasuo? God bless America.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Was Dyrus feeding on his smurf? Because seeing him losing lane really hard to level 10 players was hilarious too.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

You don't have to use the * or () voice posting trope when you're just talking regular. It's to indicate the use of a character or affectation.

lol

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Freeze is trying out for TSM. I think they'd be dumb to not go with him.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Well, so much for CLG's superior coaching. I wonder what he did or if it will come out later as a Riot thing.

The Mash posted:

Dyrus is playing Riven on stream and it's embarrassing to watch. Good thing the old man retired now that Fiora and Riven are legit picks at the top level.

Dyrus, Oddone, Hai, Bjerg and Double were doing ranked 5s yesterday and it was great. Link for Hai's stream vod, it's about 1 hour in

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Freeze is trying out for TSM. I think they'd be dumb to not go with him.

Freeze is good but NA is a jungle/toplane wasteland

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Na is a wasteland

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Just sign some rando turd idiot jungler you can teach to ward and show up at the right place. Cool ADCs are better than optimal team building or w/e

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
yeah but you can conceivably find a solid challenger adc or support and not burn one of your import slots on them

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah or you can sign a dude who plays a sick Draven and live with your garbage jungler

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Firebert posted:

yeah but you can conceivably find a solid challenger adc or support and not burn one of your import slots on them

Not really. This is what the absolute peak of NA Challenger ladder looks like right now:

Keith
Apollo
Goldenglue
Dyrus
Shiphtur
Adrian
Sneaky

Maybe there's some unknown elements in the lower ranks of challenger or something, but most of the guys who get regularly lampooned ITT like Goldenglutes, Dyrone and the man himself Shipthur are actually the best challenger level players in the United States.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If you can get Freeze, you take Freeze.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
one massive bonus of freeze is you have to target ban a champion nobody else plays against him, which frees up bjerg's pool mid

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Let's not forget that ADCs will probably be the focus of the whole meta for the first half of the season due to the pre-season changes also.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay ignoring jokes and ignoring that I like to watch good carry ADCs going with some adequate NA ADC just so you can import a better jungler or top is way worse than just pairing an elite ADC up with Bjergsen.

Maybe your whatever domestic jungler or top can improve to be acceptable or good, but making a leap from good to great is way less likely. Even if ADC isn't typically a smart use of your import slots Freeze is absolutely worth it, especially on a team with Bjergsen.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

rabidsquid posted:

Okay ignoring jokes and ignoring that I like to watch good carry ADCs going with some adequate NA ADC just so you can import a better jungler or top is way worse than just pairing an elite ADC up with Bjergsen.

Maybe your whatever domestic jungler or top can improve to be acceptable or good, but making a leap from good to great is way less likely. Even if ADC isn't typically a smart use of your import slots Freeze is absolutely worth it, especially on a team with Bjergsen.

It really just all depends on who is free. Freeze is not at all a gamble though, we know he will be good, which is not necessarily even true of an import at the back end of their career with a language barrier.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

You can have a lovely ADC and still make it by alright, just look at CLG. You can't have a lovely Jungler or your team will just get rocked.

ADC/Support are not worth blowing an import on. There's less than 5 World Class Junglers/Top laners in NA and out of those they're all imports. Top/Jungle in NA are a total wasteland, you're going to have to import from another region to stay competitive. What does NA have as far as talent goes? iwilldominate, Azingy and Hauntzer? NA is fine on AD Carries right now, and supports aren't hard to train either (Especially when there's players like Adrian/Bunnyfufu that can be picked up)

Is Freeze significantly better than Altec is?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
>Unfortunately, there was a deviation from this culture and a breach of trust. While CLG can not delve any further into the matter,

So it was either drugs or something else that would make then look bad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There was exactly one "world class" jungler that advanced beyond groups at Worlds just now, and even then people would debate about him.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

rabidsquid posted:

There was exactly one "world class" jungler that advanced beyond groups at Worlds just now, and even then people would debate about him.

China really broke the jungle role.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

One thing we can all agree on every year is no matter what happens, it's always TSM Jungler <x>'s fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

I don't think there's any debate that Bengi is world class.

• Locked thread