Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

ItBurns posted:

The weapons are ascended too, so I guess subtract ~50 gold from the cost.

Whoa, hold on now. I've suddenly gone from not caring to very interested. Where is the collection of poo poo I need for this in the achievements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Xand_Man posted:

Rune of Evasion does work with the Daredevil dodges but it's 9s internal cooldown makes it much less viable. D/D Condi Daredevil thief isn't exactly good, but it is fun as hell. You become a bouncy ball that spits out bleed and torment stacks.

Talking about bouncing thief's, I hated the stroyline part you had to play as Caithe . Made me think I will never play a thief in this game.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Where can I go to find out how to make the elite runes I've unlocked? Is it displayed ingame somewhere? I can't find it...

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

brainSnakes posted:

Whoa, hold on now. I've suddenly gone from not caring to very interested. Where is the collection of poo poo I need for this in the achievements?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Specialization_Collections

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mesadoram posted:

Since a bunch of devs read the reddit forum I decided to make a post thanking them for the HP change.

I got downvoted.

I really don't understand...

Look, if you had literally nothing good in your miserable existence and no skills or accomplishments you might want to pretend time sunk in a video game was a badge of honor too. Giving people the same pixels and fun for less work shatters that illusion.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Uziduke posted:

Anyone have the minstrel inscription recipe yet? I will provide the mats to get 6 made. I need it for my rev.

You get these from the frog dudes like everyone says. Also the recipes don't just require normal Gossamer Padding or whatever they use Oiled versions which required Linseed Oil (a new crafted material). I made a set on my Mesmer last night and as of right now I would NOT suggest it unless you have ~110g+ as the new materials are expensive as gently caress right now. You can get the Inscriptions from doing the Story Achievements and random drops.

On a better note I'm not dying as much as I was in Berserker/Assassins gear on my Mesmer. I'm using Chaos, Inspiration, and Chronomancer. I have the heal/condi clear on shatter trait and the warden on block trait. Both of these have helped me not die, of course my damage suffers a bit but I still have Berserker accessories and Chronomancer runes(cheapish on the TP). I may switch out some traits this weekend to use the boon duration stuff. This build probably isn't optimal but I feel way tankier than before so I'm happy with not dying so much. I don't know how this will do in older content like Fractals which seem to benefit from raw damage.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Speaking as someone who's not fond of crafting in this game, and only needs one ascended weapon due to being an engineer, and has been waiting for a while for a single loving weapon box to drop with no luck,

:dance:

Looks like I got a new white whale to focus on even with scrapper completed! In your face, idiots who say they removed the grind!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If only any elite spec got an ascended sword. I'd really like one for my Mesmer. At least I'll get a rad ascended shield and I can get the Reaper greatsword, too.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

J3ng4 posted:

You get these from the frog dudes like everyone says. Also the recipes don't just require normal Gossamer Padding or whatever they use Oiled versions which required Linseed Oil (a new crafted material). I made a set on my Mesmer last night and as of right now I would NOT suggest it unless you have ~110g+ as the new materials are expensive as gently caress right now. You can get the Inscriptions from doing the Story Achievements and random drops.

On a better note I'm not dying as much as I was in Berserker/Assassins gear on my Mesmer. I'm using Chaos, Inspiration, and Chronomancer. I have the heal/condi clear on shatter trait and the warden on block trait. Both of these have helped me not die, of course my damage suffers a bit but I still have Berserker accessories and Chronomancer runes(cheapish on the TP). I may switch out some traits this weekend to use the boon duration stuff. This build probably isn't optimal but I feel way tankier than before so I'm happy with not dying so much. I don't know how this will do in older content like Fractals which seem to benefit from raw damage.

I wasn't going to craft the armor, I just wanted the inscriptions to convert my ascended gear.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Generic Octopus posted:

Well you see, if you lower the cost of elite specs, then you don't have to collect as many hero points, so you don't have to play as much of the game. Which therefore means, there's less game in the game.

The logic is sound don't question it.

I did the math, this checks out.

Coolness Averted posted:

Look, if you had literally nothing good in your miserable existence and no skills or accomplishments you might want to pretend time sunk in a video game was a badge of honor too. Giving people the same pixels and fun for less work shatters that illusion.

They are betraying the "veteran players" and "the hardcore players"
:jerkbag:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I've finally finished personal story :toot:

Also, my warrior looks like he smells when Signet of Rage is not active, is there any way to remove this effect?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Schpyder is a treasure.

e: oh hey an entire new page, that was re: hero point trains

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

J3ng4 posted:

Is this the case for Marauder inscriptions? I like the looks of Marauder stats for my dragonhunter and was going to make an exotic set (because lol at the cost of ascended). Also want to make an ascended Marauder longbow but have no idea where to start with that, I've never made an ascended weapon before.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
does the halloween content go away on halloween? the xpac is kind of overshadowing halloween, even dulfy seems low on details

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

does the halloween content go away on halloween? the xpac is kind of overshadowing halloween, even dulfy seems low on details

Yeah the wiki has barely any info on it either. I missed the previous Halloweens, and this one seems to be bits from previous ones but not all the old info is still relevent. No indication anywhere when it is going to go away.
Still I managed to get 2 minis out of the Halloween bags.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is this the case for Marauder inscriptions? I like the looks of Marauder stats for my dragonhunter and was going to make an exotic set (because lol at the cost of ascended). Also want to make an ascended Marauder longbow but have no idea where to start with that, I've never made an ascended weapon before.

I can make ascended longbows and I have the recipe since I was going to make one for my warrior. You need a Full crystal thing. The Wood dowl and string from the daily combines. Its a bit cheaper than making like a chest armor piece since wood and leather is a bit cheaper.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Uziduke posted:

I can make ascended longbows and I have the recipe since I was going to make one for my warrior. You need a Full crystal thing. The Wood dowl and string from the daily combines. Its a bit cheaper than making like a chest armor piece since wood and leather is a bit cheaper.

I actually have a couple vision crystals hanging around, so that's fine. Then I just need the ascended marauder inscription recipe, and the ascended longbow recipe, correct? I'm really fuzzy on how ascended crafting works to be honest, never really bothered as my main guardian was never a damage primary spec :(

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

I actually have a couple vision crystals hanging around, so that's fine. Then I just need the ascended marauder inscription recipe, and the ascended longbow recipe, correct? I'm really fuzzy on how ascended crafting works to be honest, never really bothered as my main guardian was never a damage primary spec :(

The major barrier to entry is getting the craft to 500; after that just craft the ascended mats every day until you've got what you need. If you actually buy everything from the tp it's daunting, but in practice if you have a bunch of poo poo lying around from years of play it's not even a hassle.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

edit: oh god I want the deluxe glider =(

Lonk fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 28, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^ you're spooky as f

Generic Octopus posted:

The major barrier to entry is getting the craft to 500; after that just craft the ascended mats every day until you've got what you need. If you actually buy everything from the tp it's daunting, but in practice if you have a bunch of poo poo lying around from years of play it's not even a hassle.

I currently have huntsman at I think 450, weaponsmith/armoursmith already at 500, so I can manage that one okay. Gotta do that first obviously, backpacks a good way to do it apparently.

I'm doing all this hassle because dragonhunter is the coolest as balls specialization and I loving love it.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

J3ng4 posted:

Apparently you can farm Linseed Oil by doing one of the HoT story chapters, I think the first chapter? (Not the prologue, the one after.) One of the paths in that chapter gives Linseed Oil as a reward. (So says the wiki.)

Generic Octopus posted:

All the time gated stuff is a pain, but yeah, it's not really that bad once you get crafting to 500.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 28, 2015

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

^^^ you're spooky as f

I currently have huntsman at I think 450, weaponsmith/armoursmith already at 500, so I can manage that one okay. Gotta do that first obviously, backpacks a good way to do it apparently.

I'm doing all this hassle because dragonhunter is the coolest as balls specialization and I loving love it.

Once you hit 500 you have to craft the daily wood combine and daily string combine. I am not online so I am not sure how many it needs. Also the stats you want are the new ones so your going to have to buy those or have them drop from HoT stuff. The old stats you pay 20000 karma for the inscription recipe and 5 larles are some gold for the bow recipe.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Uziduke posted:

Once you hit 500 you have to craft the daily wood combine and daily string combine. I am not online so I am not sure how many it needs. Also the stats you want are the new ones so your going to have to buy those or have them drop from HoT stuff. The old stats you pay 20000 karma for the inscription recipe and 5 larles are some gold for the bow recipe.

No prob on the recipes, I have 1.5m odd karma and 200 laurels lying around, and I saw the recipes on the vendor already (for the new marauder inscription). And yeah, I don't know anything about how the time gated mats work for crafting this weapon but I'm sure I'll figure it out, hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Thanks for the info!

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

No prob on the recipes, I have 1.5m odd karma and 200 laurels lying around, and I saw the recipes on the vendor already (for the new marauder inscription). And yeah, I don't know anything about how the time gated mats work for crafting this weapon but I'm sure I'll figure it out, hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Thanks for the info!

I don't think the longbow will take more than 5 of the time gated mats so like 5 days max. Your going to need HoT stuff for those stats for the recipes. I need a HoT recipe to change my settlers to minstrel. I so do not want to grind HoT stuff right now.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Uziduke posted:

I don't think the longbow will take more than 5 of the time gated mats so like 5 days max. Your going to need HoT stuff for those stats for the recipes. I need a HoT recipe to change my settlers to minstrel. I so do not want to grind HoT stuff right now.

I've gathered a few HoT things but yeah, I figured that, don't know what item(s) the ascended marauder inscriptions need yet. Hope it's not too painful, I've heard of multiple people crafting full sets already.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've gathered a few HoT things but yeah, I figured that, don't know what item(s) the ascended marauder inscriptions need yet. Hope it's not too painful, I've heard of multiple people crafting full sets already.

I forgot the inscription also needs mats. If i remember right huntsman ones need the wood daily also.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Doctor Goat posted:

e: nevermind

Is berseerker's still the only good prefix?

People either missed this or are ignoring it because ~lol meta~ but no, sinister is excellent on a handful of classes and passable on a few more.

Amazing Tier:
Dhuumfire Reaper
Sword/Torch Berserker

OK Tier:
Burn Guardian
Pistol/Pistol kit Engi
Trap/Spirit Ranger

Bad Tier:
Mallyx Rev
Burn Ele

lol Tier:
Thief condi whatever
Mes 'seriously confusion isn't good in PvE' mer

Taking a closer look reveals some common themes among the better options, namely that they have great direct damage and good access to burning. The other classes either don't have good damage on their condi weapons (thief, rev) or have conditions that aren't as good in PvE as they are in PvP (mesmer, rev).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Uziduke posted:

I forgot the inscription also needs mats. If i remember right huntsman ones need the wood daily also.

Are those the mats like Damask that if I feel like Mr. Moneybags I can buy them off the TP rather than waiting for the cooldown?

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I won't, because it's way too wordy, but I will link to it. Someone remind me in 2 weeks.

Update the op, lardlord!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are those the mats like Damask that if I feel like Mr. Moneybags I can buy them off the TP rather than waiting for the cooldown?

Yes. You can also often buy the crafted component below cost if you are willing to wait for someone to sell.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yes, but a bit cheaper.

Huntsman has 3 daily combines.
Wood for the inscriptions and used for everything else.
Leather for string for bows.
Metal for the non bows.

Makes it a little cheaper than the armor combine since demask is way more costly than anything else.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ItBurns posted:

Yes. You can also often buy the crafted component below cost if you are willing to wait for someone to sell.

Uziduke posted:

Yes, but a bit cheaper.

Huntsman has 3 daily combines.
Wood for the inscriptions and used for everything else.
Leather for string for bows.
Metal for the non bows.

Makes it a little cheaper than the armor combine since demask is way more costly than anything else.

Nice, awesome info, thanks dudes.

xthnru posted:

Update the op, lardlord!

UPDATED, FUCKO

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 28, 2015

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

I am going to take my Rev tonight from 20 to 80, going to power lv weaponsmithing and artificer, they make the staffs right? I also got about 50 lv books.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Uziduke posted:

I am going to take my Rev tonight from 20 to 80, going to power lv weaponsmithing and artificer, they make the staffs right? I also got about 50 lv books.

Artificer makes staves, if that's all you're making you don't need weaponsmithing.

Crafting

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Generic Octopus posted:

Artificer makes staves, if that's all you're making you don't need weaponsmithing.

Crafting

I need a sword and shield for my Rev and Warrior also.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
The Wyvern Patriarch fight at Verdant Brink is quite cool. Gliding mechanic usage in a boss fight :v:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Too lazy to edit it properly. :effort:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CLAM DOWN posted:

I don't know if you saw but training the first rank of dragon hunter unlocked a collection for an ascended long now you can choose that stats for.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

ItBurns posted:

People either missed this or are ignoring it because ~lol meta~ but no, sinister is excellent on a handful of classes and passable on a few more.

Amazing Tier:
Dhuumfire Reaper
Sword/Torch Berserker

OK Tier:
Burn Guardian
Pistol/Pistol kit Engi
Trap/Spirit Ranger

Bad Tier:
Mallyx Rev
Burn Ele

lol Tier:
Thief condi whatever
Mes 'seriously confusion isn't good in PvE' mer

Taking a closer look reveals some common themes among the better options, namely that they have great direct damage and good access to burning. The other classes either don't have good damage on their condi weapons (thief, rev) or have conditions that aren't as good in PvE as they are in PvP (mesmer, rev).

The new Viper's stat set (Condition Damage, Power, Precision, Expertise (condition duration)) could supersede Sinister for some of these builds. From what I've seen, you trade a little bit of Condition Damage* and Precision for more Power and Condition Duration. It's pretty attractive if you have direct damage. I'm planning on outfitting my Reaper with Viper's weapons and trinkets, which when combined with the condition duration foods (which have been nerfed) will give ~50% condition duration. Add in Runes of Grenth for 100% Chill duration!

*I'm not entirely sure of the numbers, but the 4-stat sets have ~85% main stats compared to the regular 3-stat sets. So an Ascended Sinister pistol has 125 Condition Damage/90 Power/90 Precision, while an Ascended Viper's pistol has 108 Condition Damage, 108 Power, 59 Precision, 59 Expertise.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if you saw but training the first rank of dragon hunter unlocked a collection for an ascended long now you can choose that stats for.

Do we know which stats you can choose? Usually you're limited to the default ones, but being able to choose Sinister or Viper's would make it worth using...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Uziduke posted:

I wasn't going to craft the armor, I just wanted the inscriptions to convert my ascended gear.

Should be fine. I started crafting the armor sets and realized too late what the mats added up to be in price. Oh well when I finally get ascended helm, gloves, and boots from Fractals or chests I'll just need the Inscriptions and by that time they may be cheaper.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 28, 2015

• Locked thread