Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yet another Speaker searching for the D. Him and Hastert should get together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I'm sure he'll be back on the job with another department in no time. He's not being punished in any meaningful way, and he won't be. Not in this environment, not in this country.

I'm surprised he was fired. Normally he'd be put on administrative leave (with pay, of course), not charged, and most definitely not indicted or judged to be guilty.

Meanwhile, the girl who filmed the officer was arrested for disturbing school and released on $1000 bond.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Paul D. Ryan counters questions about his congressional record by claiming that was legally not him. HFC curse his wit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Paul D. Ryan changes name to to ::PAUL:: OF THE FAMILY: ::RYAN::

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

One major problem is that the COLA depends on CPI-w was a measure of inflation and that doesn't in any way reflect how retirees actually spend (most glaringly only 6.15% of the index is healthcare related, and 19.4% is transport).

I agree with you but to put that at the feet of Pres. Obama is silly.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Franklin :siren: D :siren: Roosevelt

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
If only his middle name was Benton or something with a B.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

McDowell posted:

Lendin' D. Johnson

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

McDowell posted:

Holy god...

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mooseontheloose posted:

I agree with you but to put that at the feet of Pres. Obama is silly.

I agree. It is mostly a side effect of outdated inflation measures which don't track how the economy actually effects people.

Now had we gotten chained CPI as part of the grand bargain it would be perfectly valid to blame Obama.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Nah, he's just trying to get the legendary treasure hidden at the end of the Grand (ol') Line. Like his relatives Monkey D. Luffy and Gol D. Rodger.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I wish Ryan D Paul had his dreams crushed searching for Sky Island ways to gut social security.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

McDowell posted:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

"In my presidency, no one gets left behind" he said as he went behind the bar

Way late on this, but can we make that the thread title, cuz goddamn

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Oh good I wasn't the only one to think of that joke.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Really, really great photos of the year so far:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/gallery/2015/10/political-theater-photo-essay-000536?slide=0

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gah!

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Rubio made me :lol:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Looking forward to seeing how things go with future Speaker of the House Paul (D) Ryan.

Hollismason posted:

People have been talking about this being the way the Republicans can win back the Presidency but they still have not done this at all.

I almost look forward to seeing the GOP outright steal a state or two due to abusing bullshit systems like Crosscheck. Hopefully it doesn't win them the election though, and someone fucks up hard enough that we get to see some oppressive rear end in a top hat(s) thrown in prison.

Ditocoaf posted:

Wow, that seems like the clearest "gently caress you, HFC" a politician in his position could give. Doesn't he still need their support to get the job?

He doesn't need them if he's taken the suicide route of getting some Dem support for Speaker.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I'm sure he'll be back on the job with another department in no time. He's not being punished in any meaningful way, and he won't be. Not in this environment, not in this country.

Other departments won't be able to hire him if the DoJ investigation decides there's something to charge him with. It probably won't, because he's a white cop while the victim is black and female, but it'd be nice to see him face some federal charges for what was excessive force at best and outright assault at worst. "She shouldn't have disrespected him" is such a loving perfect example of what's wrong with law enforcement in this country. Giving someone a hard time doesn't give them justification to beat your rear end in to the ground. If it did you'd probably see the Geek Squad curb stomping people at Best Buy. The only reason the sheriff's firing the guy is because it was caught on tape and he has no possible way to defend the guy's actions. No video? The cop would be at the school working right now.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

"Are you Afraid of the Dark? (People)"

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
So if 43 members voted for Webster, does that mean the entire HFC voted Webster?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Magical.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Riosan posted:

I'm surprised he was fired. Normally he'd be put on administrative leave (with pay, of course), not charged, and most definitely not indicted or judged to be guilty.

Meanwhile, the girl who filmed the officer was arrested for disturbing school and released on $1000 bond.

he was a school cop. probaly some less thin blue line poo poo/police union protection. plus it was extreamly obvious he want over the line.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kro-Bar posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kro-Bar posted:

read the quotes beneath the pics lol

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

The resemblance to Joe McCarthy really is uncanny.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

A giant unmanned surveillance blimp is on the loose:

http://gawker.com/gigantic-unmanned-military-blimp-on-the-loose-outside-b-1739217483

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Other departments won't be able to hire him if the DoJ investigation decides there's something to charge him with. It probably won't, because he's a white cop while the victim is black and female, but it'd be nice to see him face some federal charges for what was excessive force at best and outright assault at worst. "She shouldn't have disrespected him" is such a loving perfect example of what's wrong with law enforcement in this country. Giving someone a hard time doesn't give them justification to beat your rear end in to the ground. If it did you'd probably see the Geek Squad curb stomping people at Best Buy. The only reason the sheriff's firing the guy is because it was caught on tape and he has no possible way to defend the guy's actions. No video? The cop would be at the school working right now.

Oh, I'm well loving aware. Of all of it. I'm just burned the gently caress out on this poo poo. And then a million white people in my facebook feed were defending him, which makes me just drink more.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Domestic spying has spiraled out of control.

E: domestic spying has ballooned out of control

Phone fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 28, 2015

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Riosan posted:

I've seen this repeated on the forums several times, and I'm not sure if it's just been you every time - do you have a link?

I've looked and I only see reports about the arrest of the girl who refused to put her phone away, which actually refers to the girl who was assaulted by the cop. Her supposedly refusing to put her phone away was the genesis of this incident.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm on my phone and don't feel like making a let me google that for you link: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/sc-student-arrested-for-recording-school-cops-violent-assault-on-classmate-sitting-in-her-desk/

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kro-Bar posted:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Devor posted:

I've seen this repeated on the forums several times, and I'm not sure if it's just been you every time - do you have a link?

I've looked and I only see reports about the arrest of the girl who refused to put her phone away, which actually refers to the girl who was assaulted by the cop. Her supposedly refusing to put her phone away was the genesis of this incident.

quote:

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - Niya Kenny, 18, is speaking out after she was taken into custody in her Spring Valley High School math class. She says she was standing up for her classmate who was being arrested by Student Resource Officer Ben Fields.

Kenny filmed a part of the altercation on her phone. The six second video shows Officer Fields arresting the student.

"I was screaming 'What the f, what the f is this really happening?' I was praying out loud for the girl," says Kenny. "I just couldn't believe this was happening I was just crying and he said, since you have so much to say you are coming too. I just put my hands behind my back."

Her mother Doris Kenny was shocked and upset when she saw the video.

"My child, and I'm not mad at her, she was brave enough to speak out against what was going on and didn't back down and it resulted in her being arrested," says Doris Kenny.

Her daughter was charged with disturbing schools.

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/local/2015/10/27/second-student-arrested-spring-valley-hs-speaks-out/74665360/

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Re:evil:tion has come! It was just 3 years too late.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Devor posted:

She was interviewed about it (along with her lawyer) last night on All In.
http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/widespread-outrage-over-students-arrest-553312835814

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

What the hell good is a radar/whatever system if it doesn't know where it is or can't communicate that information?
    - Two bogeys inbound, west of my pos.

- Roger, where are you now?

- Uh, dunno, but they're west of me. I'm looking right at them; they're right there. How do you not understand this.
Alternatively, use another $pyblimp to find it?

Edit: And I'm equally useless at reading comprehension.

Roumba fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 28, 2015

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Inflation is just around the corner guys! We promise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Is that another balloon pun.

• Locked thread