Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
If Mike Evans doesn't go loving supernova this weekend, then I will officially run out of fucks for that team of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I don't like holding onto Dez because you're hoping 2 separate injuries don't linger or get worse to make any of it worthwhile.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Suave Fedora posted:

If Mike Evans doesn't go loving supernova this weekend, then I will officially run out of fucks for that team of mine.

Depends on who he lines up against. If he goes opposite Trufant, forget about it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Need thoughts on a trade. Im shallow at rb with just Ivory Yeldon and Stewart but deep at wr with Julio, Dez, Nuk, Brown, Diggs, and Rishard Matthews. Also eifert and barnidge to throw in my flex.

Guy is offering my choice of J Hill or Dion Lewis with Alshon for Julio

Ppr 10 team league thoughts

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

the_american_dream posted:

Need thoughts on a trade. Im shallow at rb with just Ivory Yeldon and Stewart but deep at wr with Julio, Dez, Nuk, Brown, Diggs, and Rishard Matthews. Also eifert and barnidge to throw in my flex.

Guy is offering my choice of J Hill or Dion Lewis and Alshon for Julio

I wouldn't consider trading Julio at all, let alone for an "okay" RB and another WR you don't need.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So Antonio Gates probably isn't going to play, right? I'm flexing Ladarius right now.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea i understand. I was looking more at a slight upgrade at rb and a replacement for Julio

I rather not trade julio but im so shallow at rb

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
The only replacement for Julio is another Julio or a Nuk wearing platform shoes.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Guy is offering my choice of J Hill or Dion Lewis with Alshon for Julio

Tell him "All 3 or kick rocks" and even then I probably wouldn't do it.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Yea i understand. I was looking more at a slight upgrade at rb and a replacement for Julio

I rather not trade julio but im so shallow at rb

Except neither of them are an upgrade for Ivory and Yeldon, IMO.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah. Your team could certainly use some RB depth, but I wouldn't downgrade from losing a top 3 WR just to get RB bench depth.

And wait...is that Antonio Brown? You own Julio, Dez, Antonio Brown and Hopkins? Maybe see if you can move Diggs or Rishard for some RB depth. Otherwise, you're golden.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm still debating my QB situation for the week with T-Mobile on bye. I had waivers in for Alex Smith and Peyton Manning. Both got sniped. In a half-asleep stupor, I picked up Jay Cutler against Minnesota. Good choice? I'm also rolling with Vikings D/ST so I don't like using Cutler. These are my options:

Mariota @ Houston
Hoyer vs. Tennessee
Fitzmagic @ Oakland (I've got a waiver in for him.)
Winston @ Atlanta
McCown vs. Arizona
Foles vs. San Francisco
Bridgewater @ Chicago
Kaepernick @ St. Louis (lol nope)

Is Fitzmagic my best option? Kinda have to win here since I'm 2-5 and want to squeak into that 6 seed.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
1PPR 14Man

Dorial Green-Beckham vs Orleans Darkwa?
Ideas on the better flier? Figured it's a toss up.

I'm sucking at both WR and RB right now...but feel safer with my WRs.
RB: Gore, Lacy, Starks, Spiller
WR: Julio, Jordan Matthews, Vincent Jackson*, LaFell, Crowder

*Pretty tempted to drop VJax, but haven't heard the extent of his injury, aside from doubtful for this week.

Also backup QB ROS?
Mariota or Fitzpatrick? I've got Tyrod.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yeah. Your team could certainly use some RB depth, but I wouldn't downgrade from losing a top 3 WR just to get RB bench depth.

And wait...is that Antonio Brown? You own Julio, Dez, Antonio Brown and Hopkins? Maybe see if you can move Diggs or Rishard for some RB depth. Otherwise, you're golden.

I'm betting it's John Brown.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'm betting it's John Brown.

Haha. Oh yeah. I always forget that guy exists. Even ten minutes after watching him play.

EDIT: Either way, assuming Dez doesn't completely gently caress his foot up by coming back early (he probably will), running Nuk, Julio and Dez out as your 3 wide receivers isn't something I'd be looking to give up. Especially when you actually have usable RBs.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 28, 2015

CanUSayGym
Aug 19, 2006

Hmm? Vincent van Gogh fuck myself?
Survey says?

After a couple weeks of trading and wire pickups, I think I'm finally in a great spot to finish off the season and I don't know who to start and sit.

QB:Big Ben, Bortles
RB: Lynch, Forte, Ingram, Miller
WR: Edelman, Brandon Marshall, Maclin, Rishard Matthews, James Jones
TE: Barnidge, Eifert
K: Gostkowski
DT: Jets

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My RB and WR in a 12 team standard league that starts 3WR and a flex:

RB: Forte, Martin, Yeldon, Ivory, A. Andrews
WR: Julio Jones, Sanders, Wright, Crabtree

I was offered a trade of my choice of Amari Cooper or Demaryius Thomas for any of the first 4 RB on my team. Since my WR3 is weak and I have 4 decently startable RB, I am assuming I should mash trade and give Yeldon for Cooper? I assume Yeldon is the least productive of my top 4 RB and Cooper has more potential than DT at this point?

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
His team on the left, mine on the right. 10-team, no PPR. I want Gronk and asked him to pick some guys who aren't Odell or Le'veon.

He wants Demaryius and Alshon. Thoughts?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

DeepDickPizza posted:

John Brown sorry

Thanks for the input guys ill stand pat. No real reason to upgrade I'm 7-0 just feel like a paper tiger with my rb depth

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

John Brown sorry

Thanks for the input guys ill stand pat. No real reason to upgrade I'm 7-0 just feel like a paper tiger with my rb depth

:hfive: 7-0 buddy. I somehow survived the corpse of Vick not throwing to Antonio Brown.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Put in the title and OP:

ALWAYS START DENVER DEFENSE

There is no reason not to ever. If you can get them get em! Why would you not? Keep em too. I've won so many games because of them and their kicker. I'd stay away from anything else Denver myself though.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Between a busy day at work and my mother's birthday yesterday I forgot to put in waiver wire orders. Season ruined.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I have to drop one of Karlos Williams, Tevin Coleman, and Christine Michael. Who is the weakest link?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Elotana posted:

I have to drop one of Karlos Williams, Tevin Coleman, and Christine Michael. Who is the weakest link?

I wanna say Michael. McFadden seems to be taking over in Dallas.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Holy crap. I'm commish of my league and have setup a controversial rule. It's an office league so I like to keep things fun but still competitive. Since it's an office league that means from time to time we get newbies that end up losing interest or dropping out.

If that happens then I, as commish, replace any bye week players with the highest projected players from their bench. Only bye week players and no going and picking people from the waiver, etc.

It's never made a lick of difference really because said person always has terrible teams to begin with, but it usually the squelches the "no fair he played an abandoned team!" people. Well it erupted into a firestorm today led by Mr. "I Take Fake Football Way Too Seriously" (Every office has one). After a long email thread where I stood my ground (FF is not a democracy dammit!) everything went silent for a few hours. Thought that was a bit odd.

Well, I just got served. Literally! I work at an ad agency and one of our clients is a hugeeeee law firm. Well all the offended players got together, formed a fake players association had a bunch of official documents drawn up by said law firm (who helps us participate in pranks from time to time) and served me with an incredibly authentic cease and desist for my actions (or be removed as commish).

I have to admit when I got the:

"Hey BonoMan - someone's here to see you."

"You BonoMan?"

"... Yeah"

Hands me papers.

"You've been served. Good luck with that."

My stomach did quite the flip.

Trying to formulate the appropriate North Korean response.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Crabtree over Snead ROS (standard), right??

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I need to pick up a defense this week and some rear end in a top hat had a higher priority than me and got the Rams. I'm thinking the Falcons since they play the Buccs? Other options I'm looking at are the Dolphins, Patriots, Bengals or Vikings (or Titans because they play the Texans and oh lord)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

BonoMan posted:

Trying to formulate the appropriate North Korean response.

Make sure your response includes you photoshopped over Kim-Jong Un as "Glorious Commissioner"

What alternative are they suggesting besides highest projected points? Just leave the lineup however it was when the owner quit paying attention?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
They are cordially invited to a re-education funtime daycamp.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Intruder posted:

I need to pick up a defense this week and some rear end in a top hat had a higher priority than me and got the Rams. I'm thinking the Falcons since they play the Buccs? Other options I'm looking at are the Dolphins, Patriots, Bengals or Vikings (or Titans because they play the Texans and oh lord)

I'm sticking with the Falcons, streamed them last week too. Looking at the Buccs schedule they've played some pretty flimsy defenses so far and the only times they've gave up less than 5 points were against Jacksonville and Washington.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Reik posted:

Make sure your response includes you photoshopped over Kim-Jong Un as "Glorious Commissioner"

What alternative are they suggesting besides highest projected points? Just leave the lineup however it was when the owner quit paying attention?

I've always known it as the "Weekend At Bernie's" Rule. If they were still playing, they'd be putting their best lineup in there each week, so once they're gone that shouldn't change.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Reik posted:

I'm sticking with the Falcons, streamed them last week too. Looking at the Buccs schedule they've played some pretty flimsy defenses so far and the only times they've gave up less than 5 points were against Jacksonville and Washington.

The Titans held the Falcons to 10 points and the Texans offense is white hot garbage especially with Foster out for the year

My main concern is that a lot of times teams give up a ton of garbage time points to the Texans because they roll out their second string with a huge lead

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Intruder posted:

Falcos are the safe/best bet but Pats or Bengals are fine. Depends on if Ben plays or if you think Miami is gonna give the Pats a hard time this year like they sometimes do.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Reik posted:

Ha! I'm definitely doing that. Trying to change all of their team pics to headshots of Kim Jong-Un's military advisers but ESPN won't let me. Boooo.

And yeah their desire is to have all of the bye slots remain empty.

wattershed posted:

I've always known it as the "Weekend At Bernie's" Rule. If they were still playing, they'd be putting their best lineup in there each week, so once they're gone that shouldn't change.

Exactly. I tried to say tell them it at least creates some baseline of competition. They should consider it playing against the computer in a video game. But noppeeeee... just a 50 email long whinge fest.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RBX posted:

Falcos are the safe/best bet but Pats or Bengals are fine. Depends on if Ben plays or if you think Miami is gonna give the Pats a hard time this year like they sometimes do.

Ben is playing, and you shouldn't start a DST against Pats. Falcons are the way to go of those options, IMO.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Alright so my two RBs this year were Foster and Charles, we all know how that went.

Currently my RBs are:

J.Stew
C. Sims (just picked him up off waivers)
J. Randle

and that's it. It's bad y'all. There's not much on waivers, if anything.

My WRs are:

ODB
Evans
M. Bryant
J. Jones
S. Smith Sr.

I've got a guy offering me McFadden for ODB, the only reason I'm thinking of accepting it is because my RBs are poo poo and I need some help. Also because my WR pool is not terrible.

Am I crazy?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Personally, I'm using the Falcons and Vikings to cover the Eagles bye and the Broncos playing the Packers, respectively.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

Alright so my two RBs this year were Foster and Charles, we all know how that went.

Currently my RBs are:

J.Stew
C. Sims (just picked him up off waivers)
J. Randle

and that's it. It's bad y'all. There's not much on waivers, if anything.

My WRs are:

ODB
Evans
M. Bryant
J. Jones
S. Smith Sr.

I've got a guy offering me McFadden for ODB, the only reason I'm thinking of accepting it is because my RBs are poo poo and I need some help. Also because my WR pool is not terrible.

Am I crazy?

Yes. You should be fine but you could try the Jags RB if you really want to replace Randle.

RBX fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 28, 2015

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'll need to replace Randle but believe me when I say that there is a whole bunch of nothing in FA.

I guess I'll hold onto ODB and not panic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
I'm trying to work a deal for Adrian Peterson and the two options were

1. West and Steve Smith for AP
2. Steve Smith and Barnidge for AP and Travis Benjamin.

Who wins either of these deals?

• Locked thread