Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Khablam posted:

I don't have an excuse.

You and me both buddy :stare::hf::stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cunning Plan
Apr 15, 2003
I only half watched that but Vana seems really obnoxious

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khablam posted:

No.

I don't have an excuse.

I'm totally feeling Vana, I can't judge you :negative:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

If he originally was going to let her go, isn't he now going against his gut instincts? Ffs Sugar.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I'm amazed Vana didn't get fired for that clusterfuck

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

onoflalks posted:

Keep chattin, he'll change his mind Jenny. Good yin.

Yeah I don't really know what she was thinking, but I guess when you get such bad news your brain probably doesn't work at 100%. Although now I have heard what she has said in the cab maybe she is just a mentalist.

Every year The Apprentice just winds me up even more than before, this whole loving toy boat paper skeleton thing just shows ever more clearly what a sham the whole thing is.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I really would have liked it if Sugar had asked why they bought a proper boat and not a toy one, and they'd said "because I saw what you said about the loving cardboard skeleton last year"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Eh, people are trying too hard to make these things equivalent. The spec last year called for an "anatomically correct" skeleton, and it was this which was outside the rules, not being anal about the material.
It's not like he was asking for a sea-worthy dinghy; Claude mentioned on YF that it was within the spec (but just barely) and the only consideration was size.

Though granted on this task we never saw the spec sheet, probably because of all the internet lawyers on Twitter that didn't let it go for weeks :v:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I really hate the yank.

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf
Windy-haired Karen is pretty hot. They should get Kathryn Hahn to play her in the biopic.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

XMNN posted:

I really hate the yank.

She seems to be quite a nasty person all round.

(Based on a few hours of heavily edited footage of an extremely pressurised situation engineered for our entertainment).

Ah she's probably wonderful.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I think the voice is real and that's probably a good 70% of it.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
It's telling that I preferred sleep over watching this on the night. I caught up with it yesterday. I find these few earlier episode a bit tedious when they fire all the dull ones. I can't even remember the name of the woman that went this week. Ruth is growing on me, she's not as Crazy Cat Lady as I was expecting.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Rondette posted:

It's telling that I preferred sleep over watching this on the night. I caught up with it yesterday. I find these few earlier episode a bit tedious when they fire all the dull ones. I can't even remember the name of the woman that went this week. Ruth is growing on me, she's not as Crazy Cat Lady as I was expecting.

I was going to criticise you on the basis that the-one-who-went-this-week seemed intelligent and capable, but I couldn't remember her name either and had to check the OP

:argh:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

The Supreme Court posted:

I was going to criticise you on the basis that the-one-who-went-this-week seemed intelligent and capable, but I couldn't remember her name either and had to check the OP

I called her leaving the moment she was picked to go in the boardroom for basically the same reason as Chris Addison's secret twin got fired. It's weird that they'd fire someone who is in the background in the earlier tasks since often those people win.

Also I still can't get over how much Alan hates the internet. Every year it really really winds me up

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Taear posted:

I called her leaving the moment she was picked to go in the boardroom for basically the same reason as Chris Addison's secret twin got fired. It's weird that they'd fire someone who is in the background in the earlier tasks since often those people win.

Also I still can't get over how much Alan hates the internet. Every year it really really winds me up

Not surprising, considering everything Amstrad has produced since ~2000 has been rapidly superseded by better technology available online. Their product catalogue is like a list of depressed markets. Their only current viable business is set top boxes for SkyTV, and even those will soon be replaced (in all likelihood) by web services.

I had to smile when lurdshugar whined at her for not supporting a bad product, because it's literally doing that which nearly completely killed his own company.

e: read the article, because Alan's actions to support the lovely mailer read like a list of apprentice stunts.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Oct 24, 2015

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Khablam posted:

Not surprising, considering everything Amstrad has produced since ~2000 has been rapidly superseded by better technology available online. Their product catalogue is like a list of depressed markets. Their only current viable business is set top boxes for SkyTV, and even those will soon be replaced (in all likelihood) by web services.

The reason we (being Sky) bought Amstrad is that their business really was just Sky boxes. They're always going to be making the stuff but it isn't even Amstrad brand nowadays.

It frustrates me to hear a really good web based idea - like last year with the wedding website - and hear him say it's dumb. If it's not practical getting your hands dirty stuff he just tells them to gently caress off.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Khablam posted:

I had to smile when lurdshugar whined at her for not supporting a bad product, because it's literally doing that which nearly completely killed his own company.

e: read the article, because Alan's actions to support the lovely mailer read like a list of apprentice stunts.

quote:

He managed to persuade the then home secretary Jack Straw to back it [the emailer] up. Mr Straw said it was the perfect example of how technology could be used to "improve the flow of information and intelligence in a bid to decrease crime" at a Neighbourhood Watch photo opportunity. It made no difference to sales.

quote:

The IT correspondent for The Independent then incurred Sir Sugar's wrath when he wrote, one year on from the launch, that the emailer had been a failure. Sir Sugar sent an email to all emailer owners, ranting about the piece and providing the journalist's email address. Unfortunately it backfired because many of the received emails concerned the terrible problems they were having with the device.

That is priceless. If I remember correctly there were lots of shots of the ridiculous things in early series of The Apprentice, so presumably he was still trying to flog them in the middle of the 2000s :laugh:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

crispix posted:

That is priceless. If I remember correctly there were lots of shots of the ridiculous things in early series of The Apprentice, so presumably he was still trying to flog them in the middle of the 2000s :laugh:

They tried to get them in every shot and they were grossly excessive in any promo material.

e: and they were always just used as a phone, not showing off the BLAHDY FEATURES

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I am looking forward to watching a bunch of wallies behaving like complete burkes tonight!!!!!!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
After youve finished watching your home movies will you be watching the Apprentice?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wonder, what is the task? I've taken to turning off before the 'next week.....' segment to fully enjoy the schadenfreude.

-Pitch football boots to the Chinese
-Save British Steel
-Try to come out of it with some dignity

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The "Pick poo poo to sell" episodes are always gold, I can't wait.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

YAH MEANT TO BLAHDY SEE WHATS SELLING AND BUY MORE ITS BASIC BUSINESS
WHAN I WAS SIXTEEN

e: actually it's not one of those but my point stands.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 28, 2015

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ah yeah! I had a look at the synopsis, and this should be good......

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
'Evening thread.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I've bought you to the place where they wrote the dictionary so that I can tell you you're going to a pet show. :v:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How loving tenuous a link. Take them to Battersea dogs home or something you dumb oval office.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Samuel L Jackson's house would have been better.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
loving Hell that was such a tenuous link, even for this blaahdy show.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ruth-'I'm good at stopping people' haha yep.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The rabbit sector.

That guy is every conversation on a train leaving London at 5pm

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

The chicken jacket :catstare:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I'm sorry I wasn't listening, did they just say thatched hen houses

Holy poo poo that is such a bad idea.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Rabbit show jumping. Get that on Eurosport.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Claude's suit is a little bit intern today

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh Karren why do you hate poor people :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. gently caress you Karen.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Ok those are cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
That's a smug looking Giraffe.

• Locked thread