Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

The real crime in Diaz being suspended for a million years is that there's never been a better time for him to rematch either Condit or Lawler than after one of them loses in January. If he had just been given a reasonable 1 year suspension he'd be ready to go by February and the timing would be perfect. In fact that's what Diaz's legal team should be bringing up to NSAC and they will probably be quicker to overturn their decision.

Never is a better time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
The devastating 1-2 newz combo of MMA Sucka and the Stud Show Radio say that Jojo Calderwood is out, and Thug Rose will face Paige VanZant.

eine dose socken
Mar 9, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

cathal pendred did the best thing he's ever done, aisling won, and paddy put on an extremely entertaining and competitive grapple fight before the pressure of being dropped into the main event in your home country with their expectations riding on your shoulders started getting to him and he gassed.

Cathal looked like he always does, only that this time he got an opponent that made him pay for his jerky movement, awkward striking and weak defense.

Daly won by sheer pressure, and her gas tank seemed good. But her striking technique and power was seriously flawed, and I think a better opponent would have exploited that as well.
The way she was unable to pass guard and was blocked against the fence just by her opponent holding onto her ankle, throwing elbows to the calves, what was that?
I definitely can't see her surviving against the better strikers in the division, let alone the champion, who probably would beat her into a bloody pulp.

Holohan looked like one of those fighters that is so afraid of his opponent's standup that he constantly dives into takedowns and gasses himself by looking for hectic submissions.

For being from a supposed top level gym, they all looked like they definitely didn't get enough competent striking sessions in their training, and their footwork was pretty random too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

LobsterMobster posted:

The devastating 1-2 newz combo of MMA Sucka and the Stud Show Radio say that Jojo Calderwood is out, and Thug Rose will face Paige VanZant.

Thats a step up for Paige. JoJo is heading towards being womens Uncle Creepy currently.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lid posted:

Thats a step up for Paige. JoJo is heading towards being womens Uncle Creepy currently.

Nah, Jojo wins fights.

Also, she's in fights.

And yeah, Rose should go through Paige like a buzzsaw and I sincerely hope she does.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

LobsterMobster posted:

WOW this is a fight everyone was hoping for right after people say paige fight for the first time. I am a huge paige van zant fan (it is a shame joanna champion exists in her weight class) and this is definitely a step up in competotion for her. Great fight though. Jojo has been consistently a bad fighter since she has been in the UFC.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

LobsterMobster posted:

Rose by sheer awesomeness.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
Did anything ever become of that White House petition for Nick Diaz?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It reached the number where the government has to look at it, but I don't think any news came out since.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

President Obama is weighing his options carefully, but with the gridlock in congress it's hard to say what form the final bill will take.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Remember that

a) Paige is a wrestler

and

b) Rose isn't a good wrestler.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CommonShore posted:

Remember that

a) Paige is a wrestler

and

b) Rose isn't a good wrestler.

c) neither is Paige.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

JuanGoat posted:

lol

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

But from what we've seen Paige is at least a better wrestler than Rose and is very aggressive with her grappling, no? I like both fighters but don't really see how it's a huge step up for Paige, especially considering the rest of division. All praise to our dark mother Joanna, and hispect to Claudia. I still need to see the Rose/Hill fight, does Thug Rose still throw pillow fist/feet spinning poo poo?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

JuanGoat posted:

They have something like 45 or 60 days to respond. Someone from the White House did confirm that they will respond to it.

In other news, local media in Vegas is reporting that the UFC might buy the naming rights to the new arena being built in Vegas, and would probably name it the UFC Center.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/ufc-reportedly-could-scoop-up-naming-rights-for-las-vegas-arena-home-of-ufc-200

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Hill does a cool dance getting choked unconscious.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

JuanGoat posted:

After careful deliberation, land war in Syria.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Hey anyone going to the event in Orlando send me a PM. I'm trying to coordinate things.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Northjayhawk posted:

They have something like 45 or 60 days to respond. Someone from the White House did confirm that they will respond to it.

In other news, local media in Vegas is reporting that the UFC might buy the naming rights to the new arena being built in Vegas, and would probably name it the UFC Center.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/ufc-reportedly-could-scoop-up-naming-rights-for-las-vegas-arena-home-of-ufc-200

The Reeboktagon

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The Punchsport Pagoda.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Fertita Fightclub

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hey anyone going to the event in Orlando send me a PM. I'm trying to coordinate things.

I'm not going this year (we're doing Royal Rumble) but if you are into Hell Of Good Times, hit this man up.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

beggar posted:

I'm not going this year (we're doing Royal Rumble) but if you are into Hell Of Good Times, hit this man up.

If you are in to being inappropriately touched by a drunken sailor in public, Mr. Nice! is your man.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

maffew buildings posted:

If you are in to being inappropriately touched by a drunken sailor in public, Mr. Nice! is your man.

:bigtran:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

LobsterMobster posted:

I predict lots of scrambles.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
The NSAC has confirmed that they are discussing a settlement with Nick Diaz's lawyers. Could be cleared to fight sometime in 2016.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's so cool and unbelievable that the first person in recorded history to go to an NSAC meeting fully prepared was Nick Diaz

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Northjayhawk posted:

The NSAC has confirmed that they are discussing a settlement with Nick Diaz's lawyers. Could be cleared to fight sometime in 2016.

They actually sat down with their lawyers and were told how hosed they are if it got into a courtroom.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's so cool and unbelievable that the first person in recorded history to go to an NSAC meeting fully prepared was Nick Diaz

this

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It really speaks volumes to the people that Nick has hired recently. He got himself away from people that were robbing him and has an actual competent organization representing him.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
kill cesar gracie

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chris Weidman posted:

"I like Donald Trump, I listened to his speech. I think we need him in the country, I'm not gonna lie.

Weidman liked it when Trump said that one thing that one time

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
patiently awaiting some fighter to endorse Bernie

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

poo poo i thought weidman was kidding with that trump instagram thing a while back.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

Weidman liked it when Trump said that one thing that one time

Well, Chris poops in trashcans and Trump is lovely garbage, soooo

-Atom- posted:

patiently awaiting some fighter to endorse Bernie

Probably Monson.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Weidman shits in garbage cans and Trump shits on the electoral process, it's a pretty good match

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ben Rothwell wanted us about MMA and politics. Nobody knew a fighter would go so far as to endorse Trump to avoid fighting Jacare via deportation.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I bet there's a lot of wide men in America who endorse Trump. Christie might be the only holdout.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Now I want to hear Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort talk politics to each other

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

FishBowlRobot posted:

But from what we've seen Paige is at least a better wrestler than Rose and is very aggressive with her grappling, no? I like both fighters but don't really see how it's a huge step up for Paige, especially considering the rest of division. All praise to our dark mother Joanna, and hispect to Claudia. I still need to see the Rose/Hill fight, does Thug Rose still throw pillow fist/feet spinning poo poo?

Reminder that Thug Rose did not bother to train for wrestling against Esparza. She's gonna get tossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Van Zant is going to walk right through Thug Rose.

• Locked thread