Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Saoshyant posted:

EU side, two amusing things to be found: they keep listing Devilish Brain Training, now on its third year unpublished, and Fire Emblem Fates is apparently just one game, which amusingly is how Amazon UK listed it months ago.

Nothing much else surprising.

Ugh, we need a direct where they announce some new games. Aside from Zelda and Star Fox, I am uninterested in anything else in that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dunban posted:

Nope, so far all signs point toward one version in Europe.

So either we pay more than the usual 3DS game price, or we're getting a ridiculously good deal. Eh, I was gonna buy all 3 paths anyway.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

So either we pay more than the usual 3DS game price, or we're getting a ridiculously good deal. Eh, I was gonna buy all 3 paths anyway.

I don't really care how they sell it, I just hope we don't have to wait like 3 months after the US gets it like with Awakening

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Astro7x posted:

Ugh, we need a direct where they announce some new games. Aside from Zelda and Star Fox, I am uninterested in anything else in that list.

Not happening. Nintendo has shifted all their bigger teams into NX development, which is going to be good for us in the long term, but on the short term, it's all small teams doing projects like Chibi Robo, Triforce Heroes, and Animal Crossing board games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't really care how they sell it, I just hope we don't have to wait like 3 months after the US gets it like with Awakening

Prepare to be disappointed

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Saoshyant posted:

EU side, two amusing things to be found: they keep listing Devilish Brain Training, now on its third year unpublished, and Fire Emblem Fates is apparently just one game, which amusingly is how Amazon UK listed it months ago.

Nothing much else surprising.

where the gently caress is picross 3d 2????

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

robot roll call posted:

where the gently caress is picross 3d 2????

Right here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Played the prologue and first couple of chapters of Project Zero, basically if you're looking for a game that's exactly like the older games, you're in luck, if you're expecting them to have modernised anything, including graphics better than a high-res Wii game, you're out of luck. The controls are better, while it's technically tank controls you get a strafe button and using the R-stick to look around means it mostly controls like every other third-person game.
I'm okay with that though, my only real complaint is how many ghost shots I missed fumbling around with the pad before I realised if you're not in combat it's quicker to use the on-screen indicator of where the camera is pointing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

I just hope it's early 2016.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Saoshyant posted:

Not happening. Nintendo has shifted all their bigger teams into NX development, which is going to be good for us in the long term, but on the short term, it's all small teams doing projects like Chibi Robo, Triforce Heroes, and Animal Crossing board games.

This is good, they're killing the weak link which is the wii-u. They can only grow stronger.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is good, they're killing the weak link which is the wii-u. They can only grow stronger.

You are only a strong as your weakest link and it must support the next link. You are the weakest link. Goodbye! Link's crossbow trading. A link to the Past. A Link Between Worlds. Linkin Park. Linked In parked.

Link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link to be in touch and I am going on the way I am going on the way I am going on the phone and email from my wife is the only one of my resume and a few minutes ago I had to be in touch and link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link

(you cannot comprehend the form of greatn's attack)

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Taint Reaper posted:

I thought they already did that in Tri Force Heroes?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Iwata died?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Let's talk positive. I've been thinking Wii U is the best Nintendo since the SNES. But is it better than GameCube though?

Wii U: 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Smash 4, Pikmin 3, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2, NSMBU, Monster Hunter 3U, Nintendoland, Yoshi Wooly World.

GameCube: Metroid Prime 1&2, Wind Waker, Melee, Resident Evil 4, Double Dash, Pikmin 1 & 2, Mario Sunshine, Four Swords Adventures, Eternal Darkness, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Rogue Leader, Paper Mario: TTYD, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion.

Am I missing anything? I think GameCube's got Wii U soundly beat now that I stop and think about it, at least for singleplayer. Wii U has an edge on multiplayer, though it mainly depends on which Mario Kart and Smash you prefer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

They did say today that we'll get a direct before the year is over. I'll be surprised to see anything other then Twilight Princess HD announced though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Tender Bender posted:

Let's talk positive. I've been thinking Wii U is the best Nintendo since the SNES. But is it better than GameCube though?

Wii U: 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Smash 4, Pikmin 3, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2, NSMBU, Monster Hunter 3U, Nintendoland, Yoshi Wooly World.

GameCube: Metroid Prime 1&2, Wind Waker, Melee, Resident Evil 4, Double Dash, Pikmin 1 & 2, Mario Sunshine, Four Swords Adventures, Eternal Darkness, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Rogue Leader, Paper Mario: TTYD, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion.

Am I missing anything? I think GameCube's got Wii U soundly beat now that I stop and think about it, at least for singleplayer. Wii U has an edge on multiplayer, though it mainly depends on which Mario Kart and Smash you prefer.

f-zero gx you dog. also cubivore, viewtiful joe, and super monkey ball 2

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SeANMcBAY posted:

They did say today that we'll get a direct before the year is over. I'll be surprised to see anything other then Twilight Princess HD announced though.

New Smash fighters for one

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think we'll get 2 more Mario Kart DLC packs before they're done with that game

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Help Im Alive posted:

I think we'll get 2 more Mario Kart DLC packs before they're done with that game

300cc f-zero racing pack.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Shyfted One posted:

Iwata died?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

My wiiu can play nes, snes, GB, gbc, gba, gamecube, ds, wii and wiiu games. I think it wins.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

My wiiu can play nes, snes, GB, gbc, gba, gamecube, ds, wii and wiiu games. I think it wins.

why would you play them on your wii u when you could play them on your nes, snes, gamecube + gameboy player, and wii

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

oddium posted:

why would you play them on your wii u when you could play them on your nes, snes, gamecube + gameboy player, and wii

Because I can't play them in the bathroom obviously.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

"can't" is a strong qualifier. i don't think you "can't" play Video Games in your bathroom

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

That I don't need to import and homebrew to play though, where is the US version!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

greatn posted:

New Smash fighters for one

I meant new titles. It'll mostly be DLC announcements for Smash, Splatoon, Mario Maker and Triforce Heroes I think.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

"can't" is a strong qualifier. i don't think you "can't" play Video Games in your bathroom

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I'd include Hyrule Warriors, Wonderful 101, and maybe Captain Toad. And it's not like the Wii U is done, we've still got Zelda, Star Fox, Pokken, FExSMT, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, and maybe Project Guard or Giant Robot will be surprisingly good?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Monkey Fracas posted:

I have two amiibo, that neat pixel-cube classic Mario one and the yarnmiibo that came with Wooly World.

They look Cute on my desk at home; can't decide if they look better in or out of the packaging

I'd be all for taking everything out of the boxes if I wasn't so worried the paint would start scuffing and come off as easily as the amiibolanders I use have.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think there's going to be an animal crossing game on WiiU unless you mean the board game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Someone should make a real-life Animal Crossing board game where you use Amiibo as your pieces.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

greatn posted:

Nintendo will announce details of its first mobile game at a meeting tomorrow. Not public but there will be press there.

If I had to guess, I think it would be Nintendogs. Hideki Konno, the producer for Nintendogs and Mario Kart, has been made the head of mobile game development. While the original Nintendogs sold well, its sequel underperformed on the 3DS. While it may not have a future on on Nintendo handhelds as a priced retail product, it could see success as a F2P game on mobile devices and the NX.

Konno has consistently been one of Nintendo's more reliable producers. He has shown himself to be forward thinking and has experience helming products centered around touchscreens. Even if it isn't Nintendogs, I expect Konno and Nintendo to take their first mobile game very seriously. Their partner, DeNA, is aiming for their Nintendo collaborations to beat DeNA's previous mobile hits.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know what would be great would be Donkey Kong Barrel Blast and it would just be those barrel stages and mine cart stages where all you have to do is jump.

And I think the time zone actually line up where the meeting is in like an hour.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's just under 2 hours away. 9 Eastern, 8 Central, 7 Mountain, 6 Pacific.

Nintendogs makes a lot of sense. That seems like the best prediction so far. Normally I would bet on Animal Crossing, which has a mobile-friendly structure and a lot of casual recognition/appeal, but this season is already giving us two Animal Crossing spinoff games, so a third seems unlikely.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd be up for mobile doggies.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
My phone isn't currently broken so I would like to see WarioWare.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

WarioWare would be pretty cool but I guess they'd probably be more along the lines of Game and Wario style minigames than microgames

Also isn't Wario like a game dev or something in the WarioWare universe? It makes sense he'd try to get in on the mobile $$$

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

greatn posted:

I don't think there's going to be an animal crossing game on WiiU unless you mean the board game.
I think one could happen. They made a buttload of really nice assets for the board game and it would be surprising if they didn't use them again for something.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Probably won't be WarioWare because that team literally just finished the new Rhythm Heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Wavebird takes a whole new meaning here

• Locked thread