Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I understand that business can be a very cut-throat lifestyle, but this all sounds a lot more like a military coup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm guessing the goons search the boat and then Mark his the leaking fuel with the flare gun blowing them all to high hell.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

"Tommie, can I come in?"

"But you are. Who let you in? Leave before I call the cops."

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Don't Tell Me How To Do Comix.

Pooch Café

He gets surprisingly good traction in that thing.

Ballard Street

She never puts enough asiago.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Guess they're not all iron. Unless it turns out that Aylosium is just an old word for iron. Man, that would be a pretty pointless plot twist.

I'm not hinting at anything, I haven't actually read ahead. I'm just putting this here in case.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set questions the march of science.

Working Daze almost makes a good joke, but fails to stick the landing.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is overdesigned.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (August 29, 1928)

Mafalda

Peanuts (October 27, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (March 2-3, 1928)

Thimble Theater (May 16, 1929)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The comic shows the man being dragged, but realistically he'd be getting flipped over as the ball rolled. I am disappointed this was not portrayed.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Eagerly awaiting the Lifetime Movie Accident.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 28, 2015

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

If TV in the 80's and 90's have taught me anything, he is going to accidentally shoot Devil or his sister or something.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Green Intern posted:

The comic shows the man being dragged, but realistically he'd be getting flipped over as the ball rolled. I am disappointed this was not portrayed.

Eagerly awaiting the Lifetime Movie Accident.

I'm seriously concerned that Phantom has drifted straight up into bad writing territory. That characters get unearned progression that we're just supposed to accept.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lowen SoDium posted:

If TV in the 80's and 90's have taught me anything, he is going to accidentally shoot Devil or his sister or something.

I really, really hope its himself so the sister can be the next phantom.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (May 16, 1929)

Oh my god, is this it? Is this the moment that Popeye the hired deck hand becomes Popeye The Sailor Man?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I really, really hope its himself so the sister can be the next phantom.

ikanreed posted:

I'm seriously concerned that Phantom has drifted straight up into bad writing territory. That characters get unearned progression that we're just supposed to accept.

Every day I think "aaaaaaand NOW is when you make the sister the Phantom! Orrrr NOW! Maybe now? How about now?"

Guys, I'm starting to think we're never getting to the fireworks factory.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lowen SoDium posted:

He's got good trigger discipline.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

RandomFerret posted:

Oh my god, is this it? Is this the moment that Popeye the hired deck hand becomes Popeye The Sailor Man?

Maybe the wiffle bird gives him his magical ability to attain superhuman powers from eating spinach. Edit: or the ability to render major gunshot wounds to vital organs as harmless as mosquito bites.

BTW, I must say I am greatly enjoying the Mirror Universe Dick Tracy. I can't wait to see who gets reimagined next.

I hate to say it, but the other Phantoms behind him don't look much like legends to look up to. :v:

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 28, 2015

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Dat wife's face.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Paint pigment too

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Copy/paste face pumpkins make terrible pie. And are hideous decorations.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery
In what way would it be fun to be a Halloween pumpkin?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm kind of in awe of how the Phantom keeps being able to surprise me with its badness.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ukonvasara posted:

They would no longer be trapped in an endless cycle of unappreciated retail work and shallow validation through popular sci-fi movies.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Death would come quickly.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

ukonvasara posted:

And who would make a pie with a jack-o-lantern (I assume they are supposed to be carved)?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Lowen SoDium posted:

He's got two guns, he can do both.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Green Intern posted:

And who would make a pie with a jack-o-lantern (I assume they are supposed to be carved)?

Right. Pie pumpkins are much smaller, less stringy, and have more edible flesh.

drat the end of that sentence sounds weird

It's the little dude on the right in case you didn't know.

The strip, however, is stupid, but for some reason, I keep reading it in hopes fat guy, and african american chick get together at some point. I'm broken.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

The strip, however, is stupid, but for some reason, I keep reading it in hopes fat guy, and african american chick get together at some point.
Forget it, the guy works at Paws, Inc. If there's one thing he's bound to have learned from that, it's that you take your sweet time with that sort of thing.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

The strip, however, is stupid, but for some reason, I keep reading it in hopes fat guy, and african american chick get together at some point. I'm broken.

I keep reading it too. One night my tired brain decided that fat guy is modern-day Fred Flintstone (seriously, look at the character model) and that Barry is modern-day Barney. This amuses me.

I have no idea who the scrawny friend is. Dino maybe.

But I gotta say, the Stalker Girl thing has gone beyond dumb and creepy and is now Just. Not. Cool.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I read it because Barry keeps getting more and more likable as the author tries to make him look worse. Barry for President 2020.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

The strip, however, is stupid, but for some reason, I keep reading it in hopes fat guy, and african american chick Barry get together at some point.

This is clearly the better outcome. :colbert:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Julet Esqu posted:

Try copying the image itself rather than the url, then hit ctrl-v on the imgur page.

Nah, the first upload attempt still fails.

Classic Dilbert

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

You are 18. While it's true that, yes, technically you are a teenager, 18 is more about stepping into the role of being an adult than it is about "lol! I'm a wacky teen!" So act like it.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

I hope they get together. :allears:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Is Dad actually saying "Mr. Brussel:"? Or is that supposed to be for our benefit so we know who's talking?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Namor, really now. Sue will get Reed to fix your kid (I assume it's his, because Namor) if you ask. You don't have to hassle everyone else in the world.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Is Dad actually saying "Mr. Brussel:"? Or is that supposed to be for our benefit so we know who's talking?

Letterer had tee many martoonies (as they said back in the '50s) last night and wrote the script directions into the balloon.

goatface posted:

Namor, really now. Sue will get Reed to fix your kid (I assume it's his, because Namor) if you ask. You don't have to hassle everyone else in the world.

I love that Namor is just so straightforward about how he's dragged a kid who's dying in pain up to the surface, just so he can parade him around as a prop for his speech.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Namor owns.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ukonvasara posted:

Yeah, the whole joke relies on us accepting the premise that being a Halloween pumpkin would be fun, but... what?

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Eww.

TofuDiva posted:

I keep reading it too. One night my tired brain decided that fat guy is modern-day Fred Flintstone (seriously, look at the character model) and that Barry is modern-day Barney. This amuses me.
They're clearly Peter Griffin and Quagmire. As in, they may as well have been traced straight from the TV screen.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

There's probably a good over-the-counter ointment that will take care of those Amos's burning lips.

Pibgorn

With any luck it involved the 'delete' function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Looks like that weed farm from a few stories back is still doing good business.

Let it be known that on this date, in 2015, something actually happened in Judge Parker!

• Locked thread