Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

They've shown gameplay at events too. Looks like Vermintide with more guns, corridors, and bizarre poo poo.

If there's anything to talk poo poo about GW and their video game decisions it's warhammer 40k chess and warhammer 40k plants vs zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Archonex posted:

E.Y.E. is like Warhammer parsed through a bunch of translators high on LSD though. So i'm not quite sure they're the worst pick.

Edit: Also, you better not be talking poo poo about that Deathwing game. Because that project looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGmmXd8r4YQ

The best thing about that trailer was the horde of spergs freaking out, because it had some Tarantino-style music instead of grimdark Gregorian chants.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Hammerstein posted:

The best thing about that trailer was the horde of spergs freaking out, because it had some Tarantino-style music instead of grimdark Gregorian chants.

I was more amused at people losing their poo poo over someone making a balls to the walls guns blazing Left 4 Dead style game and not just remaking Space Hulk again. That's apparently actually a thing that has gotten some people pissed off. Since they think the devs aren't being true to the source material or something.

I mean, jesus gently caress. You just can't please some people.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Archonex posted:

I was more amused at people losing their poo poo over someone making a balls to the walls guns blazing L4D style game and not just remaking Space Hulk again. That's apparently actually a thing that has gotten some people pissed. Since they think the devs aren't being true to the source material or something.

I mean, jesus gently caress. You just can't please some people.

No people were mad at the space hulk game because it was garbage. It eventually got patched to be less crappy but it's still kinda bad.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

randombattle posted:

No people were mad at the space hulk game because it was garbage. It eventually got patched to be less crappy but it's still kinda bad.

And that's a terrible shame. But that doesn't mean any sane developer is going to retread old ground this soon after the Space Hulk remake. They'd take poo poo from people for stealing the idea of a remake from other developers.

Never mind that it's not exactly the best business decision. You'd be competing with nostalgia on top of a recently released variant of the same game.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Archonex posted:

They've already released screenshots of actual game play. Suffice to say that it's much farther along in development than Star Citizen ever was at this stage.

I mean poo poo, the game doesn't even have a tentative release date beyond "some time next year" set yet. It's pretty drat early in development and looks amazing so far.

It's alright to be excited for something someone is doing with a Warhammer license guys. It won't hurt you. Not until it releases, at least. :unsmigghh:

For context

It does look pretty cool, it just seems ambitious and therefore worrisome. I'll cross my fingers that it's not a Bad Game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DreamShipWrecked posted:

For context

It does look pretty cool, it just seems ambitious and therefore worrisome. I'll cross my fingers that it's not a Bad Game.

EYE was super duper ambitious, I have hope

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

EYE fell flat on its face a whole lot, but it was also a game that let me teleport into someone to explode them, then make another guy explode into werewolves.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You can find some video of the game in motion on youtube. There seems to be a lot of stuff with all the weapons, enemy types, and psyker abilities. I don't think it will be a boring game at all.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Night10194 posted:

EYE fell flat on its face a whole lot, but it was also a game that let me teleport into someone to explode them, then make another guy explode into werewolves.
Not to mention a MAC-10/Uzi style SMG that had two settings; "Lots of Dakka" and "All the Dakka Now"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

For context

His legs! They're OK!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I thought the EYE guys were making some sort of 40k Inquisition RPG (only officially this time). I could of sworn I seen that before.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
GW handing out their IPs is good because it means people who aren't GW are making those games. They can use the source material to make fun poo poo. Except sometimes chess 40k games get made I don't know what happened there.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

DeathSandwich posted:

I thought the EYE guys were making some sort of 40k Inquisition RPG (only officially this time). I could of sworn I seen that before.

No someone else is making that.

GW just needs to get back with Relic and let them keep making awesome 40k games.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

For context

E.Y.E. was incredibly ambitious for the size of its developer, and also featured the line "gently caress you! You're the hobo!"

Whatever they do to space hulk deathwing, it will be funny.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
EYE was easily one of the most memorable and amazing games I had played in a long time. It's just 90% of it made zero sense. A great game with buddies but would probably have been terrible solo.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The main problem with EYE was how armor completely trivialized the awesome automatic weapons late game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I made the mistake of checking the Steam community forum to see if maintenance was still going on.

quote:

Devs, please be transparent with us. Do you intend to do a rollback? Do you intend on punishing players who exploit? Do you intent on punishing those who cheat?

I just want to know what I'm allowed to do. As it stands everyone is getting super far ahead with cheats and exploits. I've been trying to get an answer for so long with no response. If you guys continue to say nothing I'm just going to hop on the Horn of Magnus beam or Black Powder tower and join in on the fun because I'm seriously lagging behind.

Sorry you haven't gotten your Drakefires yet :laugh:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

'far ahead'

'lagging behind'

I hate gamers

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Competitive PvE gaming is serious business!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
has there been a good 40k fps? i feel like every one i've heard about or seen reviews for has been pretty much a failure

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
To be fair, it can be an issue if you're a purely solo player. If most people are running some form of exploit and zipping ahead onto difficulties that are harder than you can reasonably play, you're stuck with a significantly withered pool of available games. Especially if you play at odd times or if you have a smaller pool of players due to your region.

Not to mention, literally the first game I loaded into, the host went "You're all first time players, eh?" And promptly left. Then the second game I managed to get into, the group was people loot running magnus so they sort of just sprinted ahead with obvious map knowledge and cheesed the beam which is super unfun when this is your introduction to the game (and I didn't even get loot due to the maintenance thing). Fortunately they were patient and relatively pleasant people when they realized I was new, but I could just as easily have gotten complete douchebags who would boot for not knowing everything in the most efficient manner.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

TheQat posted:

has there been a good 40k fps? i feel like every one i've heard about or seen reviews for has been pretty much a failure

Nope. The Space Marine game was a lot of fun, but there has yet to be a really top tier 40k fps.

... which is so baffling it's almost unreal. 40k is basically in every nerd devs DNA. But GW managed to be so awful to work with for so long that it just never happened.

Maybe we'll see one in the next few years, maybe.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
Space Marine multi was pretty fun but then they basically offered like no support for it after like a few months and it got filled with hackers. I tried to check it out like maybe a month back and it was full of hacking russians just trying to out aimbot each other.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

rezatahs posted:

Space Marine multi was pretty fun but then they basically offered like no support for it after like a few months and it got filled with hackers. I tried to check it out like maybe a month back and it was full of hacking russians just trying to out aimbot each other.

Don't forget selling the Dreadnaught as DLC

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

rezatahs posted:

Space Marine multi was pretty fun but then they basically offered like no support for it after like a few months

That's a Relic developed game title for you. They make a game, maybe reluctantly push out one or two patches that won't necessarily fix things or (more likely) break more things, then drop any and all support for the title for the next thing they're fixing to shovel out. See also Dawn of War.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

RosaParksOfDip posted:

To be fair, it can be an issue if you're a purely solo player. If most people are running some form of exploit and zipping ahead onto difficulties that are harder than you can reasonably play, you're stuck with a significantly withered pool of available games. Especially if you play at odd times or if you have a smaller pool of players due to your region.

Not to mention, literally the first game I loaded into, the host went "You're all first time players, eh?" And promptly left. Then the second game I managed to get into, the group was people loot running magnus so they sort of just sprinted ahead with obvious map knowledge and cheesed the beam which is super unfun when this is your introduction to the game (and I didn't even get loot due to the maintenance thing). Fortunately they were patient and relatively pleasant people when they realized I was new, but I could just as easily have gotten complete douchebags who would boot for not knowing everything in the most efficient manner.

I feel this is needless worrying, nightmare/cata are pretty rough and you can still get your rear end handed even if you're decked with oranges. I'd imagine the majority of players settling around hard and you can run hard with whites, while people will want to push for nightmare to satisfy their lust for hats.

I play alot of coop games solo with the pubbie stove :v:, as cool as it would be running a super coordinated group I'm a sucker for convenience and just like firing up my games and hitting the go button. You'll run into elitists in all sorts of games especially when it comes to min/maxing crap, that sorta thing isn't really new.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I need to start using the VOIP system so I can actually guide people quickly instead of standing still to type out poo poo and then immediately getting slamstabbed by a Gutter rat

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Al Borland posted:

So how is age of sigmar selling? Like hotcakes? Somehow I doubt it.

http://www.iii.co.uk/news-opinion/richard-beddard/games-workshop-agm%3A-relentless-profit-machine

It's not specifically about Age of Sigmar, but here is a report on a Game Workshop investor conference written by someone who doesn't play or collect and so is neutral. His conclusions are basically exactly what you would expect. GW doesn't give a poo poo about any customers except the $1000+ a year whales. GW doesn't see any need to try and grow their brand beyond this small group of highly profitable individuals. GW regards alternate revenue streams such as licensing as a distraction. Finally, GW may be profitable now, but they are basically eating their seed corn.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I still haven't had a chance to play this online. If I just join a random group of pubbies am I going to get cursed at for not knowing what I'm doing?

Edit:

rezatahs posted:

That game was fun as hell when it released.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So I still haven't had a chance to play this online. If I just join a random group of pubbies am I going to get cursed at for not knowing what I'm doing?

Most pubbies don't even talk.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Gimnbo posted:

Most pubbies don't even talk.

Must pubbies also don't know what they are doing.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yes, you will hate yourself and the game and everyone in your life if you play with pubbies. Don't do it, play with goons.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
WH40K: Space Marine is probably the answer I'd give if someone asked me "what game would you choose if you could get a high-quality sequel to any game ever, no questions asked?" Game was fun as gently caress.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Darke GBF posted:

WH40K: Space Marine is probably the answer I'd give if someone asked me "what game would you choose if you could get a high-quality sequel to any game ever, no questions asked?" Game was fun as gently caress.

With solid multiplayer too. Loved that game.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Just picked this up and I can't go more than a few minutes before I get this crash. Any help? Playing on medium settings.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Log it with their support, they're pretty quick about getting back to you.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Inside Out Mom posted:

Just picked this up and I can't go more than a few minutes before I get this crash. Any help? Playing on medium settings.

that looks similar to the sound bug error report I was getting, does it happen when a horn blows on Engines of War?

anyway, if you leave the error window open you can continue playing albeit without sound

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Exploiting is getting out of hand with the pubbie population. Cant run a BP without it getting exploited, cant do Horn of Magnus without exploits. Only a matter of time before the other maps are similarly farmed due to some exploit.

I know, i know. Pubbies and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tamayachi posted:

I need to start using the VOIP system so I can actually guide people quickly instead of standing still to type out poo poo and then immediately getting slamstabbed by a Gutter rat

Would help if the VOIP wasn't disabled by default, even for receiving chat (why)

• Locked thread