Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There's a guy on NPR named Steve Innskeep, and the way they say it every time makes me think they're saying "Stevinski" like some lame dudebro nickname.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Elohssa Gib posted:

Just got this name from the Headline thread D'laontie, and saw a cake at work for a girl (I hope) named Mystikal.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Choco1980 posted:

There's a guy on NPR named Steve Innskeep, and the way they say it every time makes me think they're saying "Stevinski" like some lame dudebro nickname.

I always imagine Robert Siegel as an actual seagull, reading the news in that smooth, low voice.

The magic of radio.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yoenis Cespedes

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
A guy on WQXR is named Jeff Spurgeon and I always think of :spergin: when he introduces himself.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Saw one of those "thank you" things that elementary teachers have all their students sign the other day. One of the kids' names was "Im'Unique."

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

Saw one of those "thank you" things that elementary teachers have all their students sign the other day. One of the kids' names was "Im'Unique."

I always wonder how kids like that end up feeling about their name when they get to like, 13. I mean I guess some probably have enough self esteem to make it into a badge of honor but think of the average thirteen year old

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If Marijuana Pepsi Jackson can make it, anyone can.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You don't know anyone called Tony don't lie to us.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Randy Dear

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
One of my wife's first jobs was in a freeze-packing plant in the central Oregon valley. One of her coworkers got pregnant and stepped out for awhile. When she finally started back she proudly told everyone that she had named her baby Pantera (yes after the 'cowboys from hell' band). That kid ought to be starting public school soon...

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I watched Circle on Netflix yesterday and was amused when I saw the main actress is named Allegra.

It's been a name for centuries, but never very popular. She seems to pre-date the allergy medication of the same name, but I can't help feel sorry for her all the same.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Tommy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

trickybiscuits posted:

Two names I saw this week: Mykweze and A'Million.

I hope A'Million is okay--she was on a missing kid poster.

schadenfraud
Nov 19, 2010
Just got an email from a Beau Bass

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Lotish posted:

Two names I saw this week: Mykweze

This sounds like a creative euphemism for somebody's genitals

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Stop posting obviously fake names.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Harley Mcfeetors

He's angry too, so I have to pretend to take him seriously

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Tsunami (Typical Scottish last name).

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Met two children at a play place named Goku and Katniss. I asked Goku's mom where it came from and she confirmed it was from the anime.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

LizzieBorden posted:

Tsunami (Typical Scottish last name).

In what world is "Tsunami" a typical Scottish last name?

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Her first name is Tsunami, she also has a typical Scottish last name.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

To be fair I think the other interpretation is better. Would you gently caress with a guy named Angus Tsunami?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Bertrand Hustle posted:

To be fair I think the other interpretation is better. Would you gently caress with a guy named Angus Tsunami?

Either way, the guy is most likely an old-timey boxer or professional wrestler. Which I guess is a kind of cool thing for a kid to aspire to?

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool

Choco1980 posted:

Holy poo poo. Whenever I heard that I always mentally disregarded it as "Stevinski" without it even occurring to me that it's neither a real name, nor does anyone else on the network refer to themselves by just one name. Wow.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Parmesan Basil posted:

Met two children at a play place named Goku and Katniss. I asked Goku's mom where it came from and she confirmed it was from the anime.

This generation of kids names is going to be AMAZING! :rolleyes:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXuA3qGXl7c

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Where I work we take donations to help send athletes to events. When someone makes a donation they put their name and a short message. Had two great uncles this weekend:

Uncle Meat and Uncle Jr.

They both listed it as their name and then signed their message with it, so I know it wasn't a typo.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sounds like you met a Zappa fan in the wild.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Uncle Junior just seems like someone who really liked the Sopranos.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Tommi

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Lady on Wheel of Fortune has a son named Greyson.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Today I met a Latrenda and a Dagmar. I know Dagmar's a Scandanavian thing, but jesus.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Mystic Rain, first and middle name respectively.

A family that appended "-den" to all their kids' names. Cayden, Hayden, Zayden, etc.

John-John. That's his whole first name.

A middle-aged man named "Merritt", which wouldn't be so terribly offensive if it were a 5-year-old.

I work in a public library so I see a lot of these.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SpookyLizard posted:

Uncle Junior just seems like someone who really liked the Sopranos.

I have a cousin named Junior. Not, like, "<uncle's name>, jr.," just Junior. They wanted to name him Jonah but cultural reasons prevented them from doing so, so they went with the next best thing.

By the time they realized that said cultural reasons, in fact, justified calling him Jonah, he was already like 20.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

Lady on Wheel of Fortune has a son named Greyson.

one of the QBs for the Georgia Bulldogs (formerly of the Virginia Cavaliers) is Greyson Lambert

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

I have a cousin named Junior. Not, like, "<uncle's name>, jr.," just Junior. They wanted to name him Jonah but cultural reasons prevented them from doing so, so they went with the next best thing.

By the time they realized that said cultural reasons, in fact, justified calling him Jonah, he was already like 20.

Was he from some whale hating culture?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hooman posted:

Was he from some whale hating culture?

Nah it's because they wanted to name him after Prince Kuhio but in Hawaiian culture, you aren't really allowed to do that unless you're related. The exception is if you were born on the same day (and a couple other exceptions), which he was, but they also didn't realize it for two decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh my god this guy's name is Rod Johnson