Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

"Doctors agree: this thing that everybody has known for decades is bad for you, well they've decided to go on record to officially say it's bad for you. STOP OPPRESSING ME BIG GUB'T" -Chip Bok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I wonder if there's a sexy illegal immigrant costume somewhere.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Well, today is Wednesday, so brace for your weekly dose of

Today's issue was number 1214. Huge and/or :nws: images will be thumbed for your comfort.

"Unfortunate suburbs" "After the 2005 rioters, the 2017 arsonists"
The women are Marine Le Pen and her niece, Marion Maréchal-Le Pen. Marine Le Pen leads the FN, France's far-right nationalist party. The other is merely a FN MP, but she comes up pretty often in the media. They're both simultaneously trying to woo the suburbs, and to blame the immigrants who live there for everything that's wrong in France.

Full-page cartoon, thumbnailed for size.
"30 years after Back to the Future, Back to the Bullshit" I'm not going to bother translating the smaller images that you would need to much context to get, but aong them there is "The pope will have had three kids - out of wedlock!" "Claire Chazal [a major anchorwoman] will still do the evening news on D8" "Farewell boats! Migrants will come by walking on their drowned" "Vincent Lambert [a dude much like Terri Schiavo, except his parents have managed to stall the process for now] has a new life as a bobsleigh world champion", and "Israel-Palestine: Peace at last!"
Charlie Hebdo does have an anti-modernist streak, regularly lamenting the ugliness and decay of modern cities, pollution, and so on.

Thumbnailed for dildo.
"Star Wars merchandising: How far will they go to make more money?"

Thumbnailed for women's privates.
The history of the tampon across the ages. The context is that last week, the Assemblée Nationale voted down an amendment that would have reduced the VAT rate on tampons from 20% to 5,5%, because the 5,5% rate is for "basic necessities". So obviously a primarily male legislative assembly estimating that tampons aren't actually a basic and necessary commodity didn't go well.
The people depicted in the cartoon are: Joan of Arc and her famous armored tampon, Eve and her hamster, Olympes de Gouges, Mrs. Cro-Magnon, and Marie-Antoinette of "let them eat cake" fame.

"A majority of people of the third sex on the planet" "We're surrounded by assholes"
Context is that a person has been legally been recognized by justice as neither male nor female in France. (The joke here is that the third sexual organ is the rear end in a top hat, and that a majority of people are [religious] assholes)

Thumbnailed for size.
Random collection of illustrations for a report on the Calais jungle, a huge ad hoc encampment/accomodation for people who are trying to illegally enter Great-Britain.

"Netanyahu puppet show" "And who is gonna exterminate all the Jews in Europe?" "It's him - no, it's him - no, it's him"
Guignol is a pretty specific kind of puppet show for kids that's still pretty popular. There is no antisemitic imagery in this.

"Halloween sucks" "We already have enough zombies the rest of the year!"
The cartoon depicts Nicolas Sarkozy, Alain Juppé and François Fillon, senior members of the right-wing party UMP The Republicans. They're all getting ready for the 2017 presidential election, and the constant competition between them is pretty annoying overall.

"The Suburban"
Last week President François Hollande visited La Courneuve, one of the parisian suburbs where riots erupted ten years ago, for a photo op commemoration. It didn't go perfectly well, he got called out by labor unions and by some young inhabitants who are overall unimpressed by his presidency so far.

"End-of-life care: doctors are now allowed to prescribe coach tours"
This one is some classic mean Charlie Hebdo humor, and I love it. Last week, a coach full of elderly people crashed and burned down and over 40 people died.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Thumbnailed for dildo.
"Star Wars merchandising: How far will they go to make more money?"

Charlie Hebdo's been browsing GBS for content, I see

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

:nsa:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:nws: https://twitter.com/LatuffCartoons/status/659498929998852096 :nws:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

To summarize: Latuff drew a dickblimp

It seemed out of nowhere but then I clicked the link to the DoD's twitter and they've been tweeting about Israel a lot which is Relevant To Latuff's Interests and that explained it

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Made me think of this, which I am fortunate enough to own:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Flowers For Algeria posted:

"Halloween sucks" "We already have enough zombies the rest of the year!"
The cartoon depicts Nicolas Sarkozy, Alain Juppé and François Fillon, senior members of the right-wing party UMP The Republicans. They're all getting ready for the 2017 presidential election, and the constant competition between them is pretty annoying overall.

Great effortpost, even if I don't really care for Charlie. Just wanted to add to your commentary by saying that all three zombies in the cartoon have also already served terms, which might be where the metaphor plays in. Sarkozy needs no explanation, but both Juppé and Fillon have served as Prime Ministers (the first from 1995 to 1997, the other from 2007 to 2012). They're basically the same old bullshit.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

Oh Fuckbarn, you were so close to taking the Roosevelt's crown.

So are there two fuckbarns burning or what?

also

OBAMA IS IN THE SMOKE

also homer too

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Hahahaha holy poo poo if we didn't already have AGC this would have created it, he labelled the dike as "Spending", so clearly there's not enough spending going on.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

This is actually a gag cartoon that Glenn McCoy drew for Playboy, not a political cartoon. After this ran, ACLU called the magazine, saying they want to buy the original art. McCoy quipped, "I'm assuming to use in court as evidence against me"

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Goodpancakes posted:

I like how the DHS has tanks and uses them to respond to fire calls. A barn is on fire get the DHS on the phone. A depleted uranium sabot round is fires natural enemy

That's an optimistic interpretation to take; what he's really saying is that homeland security was sent to Waco the symbol of Sovereign Freedom.

Would have been w-a-a-y funnier if Department Of Health had shut them down for running an unlicensed, uninspected titty bar/brothel out of a filthy barn.

The most infamous image, among crazies, is when the teargas was deployed:

Holy poo poo, this happened when I was in gradeschool, I didn't know they deployed multiple IFV's:

The event also works as a great acid test for credulity: if you think that only a "conspiracy theorist" would question why the FBI testified that it was not a grenade but, "rapidly expanding gases," you need to turn off the television forever.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 29, 2015

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

The current amount of spending is not adequate enough to do the job. More spending is needed. A good carGODAMMIT RAMIREZ YOU'RE MAKING THIS TOO EASY!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mister Beeg posted:

This is actually a gag cartoon that Glenn McCoy drew for Playboy, not a political cartoon. After this ran, ACLU called the magazine, saying they want to buy the original art. McCoy quipped, "I'm assuming to use in court as evidence against me"

Presumably hateful intention by McCoy aside, it's actually kind of funny.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Presumably hateful intention by McCoy aside, it's actually kind of funny.

I was thinking the same thing. I chuckled.

Also:
Despite no clear evidence of wrongdoing, the religious right seek to harm someone simply for being different, fortunately they are protected by the ACLU. A good cartoon.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Do we actually debate here? AFAIK, we're almost all over-polite lefties in our 30's.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Do we actually debate here? AFAIK, we're almost all over-polite lefties in our 30's.
I dunno, let's post a Latuff and find out :getin:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Zeroisanumber posted:

Arguments between lefties? Never.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on job advice at food banks – Iain Duncan Smith has announced that he is placing jobcentre staff in charity food banks on a trial basis"

Telegraph:

Tory leader race: Osborne's defeat boosts rival Boris

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... The 15-year-old boy arrested over the TalkTalk hacking

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

System Metternich posted:

I wonder if there's a sexy illegal immigrant costume somewhere.

Well there are definitely "Sexy Bandito" costumes, and there are definitely people who wear them and introduce themselves as "Sexy Illegals."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

Haha that was Rick McKee. PC Police! :qq:

I used to work with James Folker, AMA.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Tom Guycot posted:

I probably shouldn't have made this... but you were just too beautiful for this world, Fuckbarn©.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYR7bDGX1uI

I don't know how Youtube does its royalties, but I really hope Billie Joe Armstrong gets an itemized statement that lists eleven tenths of a cent for "Goodbye Fuckbarn."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

D.N. Nation posted:

I used to work with James Folker, AMA.

Who's James Folker?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

A missile with a glans and testicles:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Zeroisanumber posted:

gently caress you granddad, I'm in my 20s!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

betaraywil posted:

I don't know how Youtube does its royalties, but I really hope Billie Joe Armstrong gets an itemized statement that lists eleven tenths of a cent for "Goodbye Fuckbarn."

He told me, I've seen it all before
I've been there
I've seen Obummer's drones a-lying on the ground

I've seen mah Roosevelts just begin to fall
He says, "All things pass, into the night"
And I say, "Oh no sir, I must say you're wrong
I must disagree, oh no sir, I must say. you're wrong"
Won't you listen to me?

Goodbye Fuckbarn
I'm crying over you

Would you gently caress Wade? I'd gently caress Wade.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Mister Beeg posted:

Vampires are people, and they have rights! A True Blood Cartoon

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Rorus Raz posted:

I dunno, let's post a Latuff and find out :getin:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Here's your Day By Day hint for the day:

Drill, baby, drill.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:( Don't look at the new DbD. It's bad.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

loquacius posted:

To summarize: Latuff drew a dickblimp

It seemed out of nowhere but then I clicked the link to the DoD's twitter and they've been tweeting about Israel a lot which is Relevant To Latuff's Interests and that explained it

If you clicked on the hashtag you'd have seen that it's about a crashed radar surveillance blimp. I know you loathe Latuff, but let's not be willfully dense.

Also those blimps are loving the American taxpayer, as an even more concrete example of the Military-Industrial Complex than the F-35. As detailed by the L.A. Times.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Why is the teacher worth a quarter of the blame? They aren't paid enough for that poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
gently caress plot, I guess.

Here there be cartoon boobs: :nws: http://i.imgur.com/pIraCwI.jpg:nws:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

:( Don't look at the new DbD. It's bad.

what an... incredibly odd torso

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

"Magrov" posted:

In response to the latest scandal, President Erdoğan drowns South Carolina in a sea of blood. AGC.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

dbd comments posted:

If I were on the hospital staff, I’d be sucking down some potassium iodide.
When Sam walks in, Hiroshima would look like a peaceful sunrise in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

albany academy posted:

what an... incredibly odd torso

If he could make her a set of floating boobs and labia he would, but that would probably an extra minute or two on photoshop.

• Locked thread