Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Very recently Wil Wheaton had a blog post go viral about this very thing. Huffington asked him if they could reprint an article he wrote. He asked how much do they pay contributors, and they hemmed and hawwed, explaining they don't, but it's great widespread exposure for his work! He said no. The blog post talks about how the claim of "exposure" is a dirty business attempt and how no matter what you create, you should never let yourself be ripped off like that. In his case, he figured even at industry minimums per word he should be offered $260, which isn't much for a guy like him, but it's still more than zero.

HuffPo not exactly making a lot of allies lately.

But it would be great for your portfolio!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Chinaman7000 posted:

Goddamn I loving love audiophiles. Whenever I read stuff like this my brain always tells me it must be a parody.

Are these guys the same people who cant tell the difference between a thousand dollar sound cable and a coat hanger. I heard a story somewhere to that effect.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Choco1980 posted:

Very recently Wil Wheaton had a blog post go viral about this very thing. Huffington asked him if they could reprint an article he wrote. He asked how much do they pay contributors, and they hemmed and hawwed, explaining they don't, but it's great widespread exposure for his work! He said no. The blog post talks about how the claim of "exposure" is a dirty business attempt and how no matter what you create, you should never let yourself be ripped off like that. In his case, he figured even at industry minimums per word he should be offered $260, which isn't much for a guy like him, but it's still more than zero.

HuffPo not exactly making a lot of allies lately.

Don't worry sweetheart, I know the casting director. I can get you set up

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

mind the walrus posted:

I don't like The Oatmeal but this is the perfect way to handle that.

It's a good effort but it isn't Goatse.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tony Phillips posted:

But it would be great for your portfolio!

Oddly he didn't say no to the director of Sharknado 2 in spite of only being paid in sardines

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

syscall girl posted:

Oddly he didn't say no to the director of Sharknado 2 in spite of only being paid in sardines

Sardines are awesome. At the very least they are worth box value in dollars and that's a lot better than HuffPo was offering.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hihohe posted:

Are these guys the same people who cant tell the difference between a thousand dollar sound cable and a coat hanger. I heard a story somewhere to that effect.

The very same.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

I love the mascot in the first one, his arms out in disbelief as she runs off, and then putting his arm around the guy as he walks him off the court.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Hihohe posted:

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/03/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables/

The real schadenfreude is that modern wealth inequality is so staggeringly high that there are people who can piss away literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on a home stereo without giving a poo poo about the fact that it's all pure marketing hype.

checkmate, poors:smuggo:

full disclosure i'm poor af

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

grumplestiltzkin posted:

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/03/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables/

The real schadenfreude is that modern wealth inequality is so staggeringly high that there are people who can piss away literally hundreds of thousands of dollars on a home stereo without giving a poo poo about the fact that it's all pure marketing hype.

checkmate, poors:smuggo:

full disclosure i'm poor af

I think I have a plan to fix poverty, but I'm going to need a shitload of metal hangers and heat shrink wrap.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

FirstPlayer posted:

EKGs and pulse oximeters don't show blood pressure. :bahgawd:

Do you know
The Marfan's man?
The Marfan's man?
The Marfan's man?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Nighthand posted:

The dispute with lemonheads is probably due to there being two different lemonhead candies.

There's these, which suck

and there's these, which are delicious

The schadenfreude is on me for eating about 10 of those a day in high school and having layers of flesh in my cheeks slough off due to the acid. Then I did the same thing with warheads.

Oh man, the new regular sized Lemonheads aren't nearly as good as they were as a kid. Most everyone in my family except a handful of adults hated lemon flavored candy, I loved Lemonheads and lemon Starburst. Definitely agree the giant Lemonheads are more consistent, some small ones have the 50/50 of being pure lemon concentrate or a ball of sugar with zero lemon flavor.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Crystals do heal people though. Ever since I've been carrying around this energy crystal that I bought from Sedona, AZ I have not had hand cramps. Basically it works by focusing the life energies from Sedona into the toxins in your hand that cause the cramps. Its all proven and totally works. Buy these crystals guys!

Need a bro to help charge up that crystal? :fap:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ozz81 posted:

Oh man, the new regular sized Lemonheads aren't nearly as good as they were as a kid. Most everyone in my family except a handful of adults hated lemon flavored candy, I loved Lemonheads and lemon Starburst. Definitely agree the giant Lemonheads are more consistent, some small ones have the 50/50 of being pure lemon concentrate or a ball of sugar with zero lemon flavor.

jesus christ this thread is the loving worst

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

President Ark posted:

Need a bro to help charge up that crystal? :fap:

Thanks Peridot.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FCKGW posted:

jesus christ this thread is the loving worst

Hey man, cool down - we can all learn to love lemons a little more! Here's some awesome lemon candies from all over the place that are really good. Some are harder to find in the US unless you've got a foreign/niche marketplace but they're worth a shot :shobon:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Ozz81 posted:

Hey man, cool down - we can all learn to love lemons a little more! Here's some awesome lemon candies from all over the place that are really good. Some are harder to find in the US unless you've got a foreign/niche marketplace but they're worth a shot :shobon:

god drat

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Ozz81 posted:

:golfclap:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Ozz81 posted:

Precautionary link hovering saves me yet again.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The schadenfreude is that you're all arguing over lovely American candies that taste like shaved dog bollocks when the true king of yellow sweets is Sherbert Lemons. http://www.amazon.com/Bassetts-Sherbert-Lemons-200g-192g/dp/B004AVCLK2

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

The schadenfreude is that you're all arguing over lovely American candies that taste like shaved dog bollocks when the true king of yellow sweets is Sherbert Lemons. http://www.amazon.com/Bassetts-Sherbert-Lemons-200g-192g/dp/B004AVCLK2

I don't care how awful our lemon candies are, there's no reason to insult us by saying British food is better.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Random Stranger posted:

I don't care how awful our lemon candies are, there's no reason to insult us by saying British food is better.

British sweets != British food. They're amazing. :colbert:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Parkingtigers posted:

Qft. They're like yellow crack.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Clitch posted:

Precautionary link hovering saves me yet again.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
How come the thread title isn't

Post Your Favorite (or Request) › Schadenfreude Thread: Your Pain Is Our Gain

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

nexus6 posted:

How does that make you feel?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Parkingtigers posted:

Usually I'm able to not give a gently caress about people thinking "sherbet" is "sherbert", but jesus christ not this time

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

nexus6 posted:

I'm still disapointed it's not "Cirque Désolé" as suggested earlier

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Scoodentootle thread: faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttt

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Nice compilation of, in my oppinion, most sweetest schadenfreude.

Too early win celebrations.

http://imgur.com/gallery/6rMAI

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Helios Grime posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/6rMAI

Thank you, that was a delightful way to start the day.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

nexus6 posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request) › Schadenfreude Thread: Here's some awesome lemon candies

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Helios Grime posted:

The only thing better than the too early win celebration - the too early win celebration and being a cock about it.

http://i.imgur.com/gPICWf6.webm

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Gorilla Salad posted:

The only thing better than the too early win celebration - the too early win celebration and being a cock about it.

http://i.imgur.com/gPICWf6.webm

Had a buddy who played pool professionally for a while, he said he loved playing against guys like this. They're so easy to put on tilt, and then you pretty much will always win. According to him, the best way to piss them off is to just look like you're having a good time and not taking it at all seriously.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

I admit I know even less about hockey than I do most sports, but is charging full tilt at someone like that allowed? That's not a "gonna get the puck" charge, that's a "I'mma gently caress you up" charge.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Scarf posted:

Had a buddy who played pool professionally for a while, he said he loved playing against guys like this. They're so easy to put on tilt, and then you pretty much will always win. According to him, the best way to piss them off is to just look like you're having a good time and not taking it at all seriously.

The schadenfreude will come later, when the thread derails into talking about British television shows.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LawfulWaffle posted:

The schadenfreude will come later, when the thread derails into talking about British television shows.

How many of those men are pedophiles

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I admit I know even less about hockey than I do most sports, but is charging full tilt at someone like that allowed? That's not a "gonna get the puck" charge, that's a "I'mma gently caress you up" charge.

No I'm pretty sure that's a charging. Or rather it would have been if it hit. Dunno what would happen in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

ayn rand hand job posted:

How many of those men are pedophiles

I don't know, but Peter Phile is from a different British show.