Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If we haven't eaten him yet let's bring The Zybourne Croc . Also, I vote we skip the life support and AI core and wander aimlessly into the total darkness until we find something worse to break. Pretty sure that's how we get the really weird AI that someone else mentioned earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bring the Robot, Mois, and the Archbishop Skink/the one with 6 Crapulence.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

the_steve posted:

This but bring a Bijou instead of the Skink.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
yeah i want to bring a bijou too

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

spectres of autism posted:

yeah i want to bring a bijou too

I think they count as 2 crew on away missions, but I'm not sure if that counts since we have four VR headsets.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Robot, Mois and a Bijou.

Go to the nearest black block.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

the_steve posted:

Bring the Robot, Mois, and the one with 6 Crapulence.

This. I'd say we should head for the AI core. SuGaBa can't harm us, so the life support should be safe for now.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Whoever we take head straight for life support because our bodies still need to breathe

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Conversely, we don't want to spend a whole lot of time in here, because one of our treacherous ingrate crewmembers might try to unplug us and become the new captain.
And we're digital, so I don't think we'll get any looting done. We need to get in, get SuGaBa to straighten the gently caress up, and get out.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

the_steve posted:

one of our treacherous ingrate crewmembers might try to unplug us

Well, WE need to breathe....

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

the_steve posted:

Sounds good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If we can bring the Bijou without losing a slot, I suggest we bring him. Otherwise bring the most crapulent guy.

I say we make for the life support module and collect another bad end, then go back and make for the AI core.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Applewhite posted:

If we can bring the Bijou without losing a slot, I suggest we bring him. Otherwise bring the most crapulent guy.

I say we make for the life support module and collect another bad end, then go back and make for the AI core.

Makes sense

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

We're taking the robot and Mois, and there's a small majority in favour of taking a Bjiou along. Humuhumuwhatever is a close second here.

Life support is ahead for destination but nearest black block, AI core and wandering aimlessly are also possibilities.

I'll check back in a bit for a final count then post the update after that.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Head for the AI core, and bring along sixcrap croc

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Life Support

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Life Support

iceaim
May 20, 2001

AI core

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Life support and take a Bijou if we can without losing a place on the team.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Peebla posted:

Life support and take a Bijou if we can without losing a place on the team.

Check the errata in the third to last page. Late Two Fisted Fantasy crammed a whole bunch of these in after the main book gets printed and a few screwy rules get noticed.

It's cheaper than a full reprint.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Two-Fisted Fantasies can be a bit fussy but the standing rule is that in case of doubt do whatever you'd prefer. Strictly speaking the Bijou takes 2 places but given the context it would make sense that they only take one.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Update:

Yesterday's completed page:

The captain is required for this mission. We're also taking Mois T'Owlet, Spudbot and a Bijou Guard. For reference here are their cards:

It's almost as though we don't trust our fellow Caimen to do a good job with this.
We head for the life support on page 83:

Here the game dumps another dick move on us. Combat in VR, sensibly enough I guess, isn't a matter of actual violence and shooting but rather a matter of starship system skills. We don't get to use our upgrades (so no crew weapons or chompers). Under these condtions Mois is pretty good, the Captain and the robot are sort of OK, the slaves are naturally garbage (I rolled 4 for ours, giving the average score of 4). We're slightly outnumbered by a weaker foe but luckily we've picked a team where everyone has 2 FISTS.

This is a shooting battle. It lasts two rounds and the only one to bite it is the slave. Although a Bijou could survive two wounds, wounded slaves and redshirts don't roll on the wound table or get medical care. They're dead meat. We have one Bijou guard left over (who isn't on this mission with us). The captain used 12 energy in the fight as well.

With that dealt with me move on to 7:

SuGaBA's freakout didn't hurt anyone this time but he's getting cranky and knows we're here.

What is the next move?

Starship manifest:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
I have no mouth but I must SCREAM INCOHERENTLY

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Summon a set of Light Tricycles and race to the MCP AI Control Center.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Deliver a copyright friendly version of the "I have no mouth and I must scream" hate speech to SuGaBA. You know, put it off balance like when a dude initiates a breakup with a girl he knows is about to dump him.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
use> logical paradox

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for caimans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Find the emergency backup protocol labeled SuKuPa.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

the_steve posted:

Find the emergency backup protocol labeled SuKuPa.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Perform the dance of "Ha ha, you suck". Rub it in a bit.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Man I can't believe we ate Five Aces when we still have Plover fermenting under our log :ohdear:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Run a cryptocurrency miner, see if the increased processing load hurts SuGaBa.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
If only we had another artificial intelligence more predisposed to us that could take over SuGaBa's duties somehow...

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Poland Spring posted:

If only we had another artificial intelligence more predisposed to us that could take over SuGaBa's duties somehow...

I was thinking the same thing, like the ending of Beneath a Steel Sky.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Poland Spring posted:

So the situation had DEVOlved to this.
Inform the bot we can't get enough satisfaction with the current AI.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 29, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Tell you what, if that's what we do, our cruise is gonna be a lot more musical from there on out. From the Caiman perspective, the cure might be worse than the disease.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

It's just going to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmBawBVBRLw from here on out

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Gilganixon posted:

It's just going to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmBawBVBRLw from here on out

This owns, didn't know it existed.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Spudfinder, you're up. Have our robochum seduce the rogue AI with the power of new wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Gilganixon posted:

oh god I think crapulence will go up and sanity down.

• Locked thread