Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

It's not that good a song to begin with so if that's the best of Bowie that's shameful

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tub thumping for elderly people.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

It's not that good a song to begin with so if that's the best of Bowie that's shameful

Very rarely do we get to see a factually incorrect opinion, but here it is.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Much like a crazed cat lady who has been living amidst the stench of cat piss for so long they can't even notice the smell, bowie fans can't accept someone walking in the door and saying, "MAN, this stinks!"

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Didn't Pat say that he doesn't follow music, like at all? At best, he could say something "oh, I like the OST of this and that", but I don't think he's all that knowledgeable about music in general.
Also, I don't like Bowie's version either. Kurt Cobain all the way, baby.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Much like a crazed cat lady who has been living amidst the stench of cat piss for so long they can't even notice the smell, bowie fans can't accept someone walking in the door and saying, "MAN, this stinks!"

You do realize that you're the cat lady?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
"What's this old person music poo poo? Where's the Dream Theater at? C'mon, hurry it up, I've got an appointment with the Russian Mob about some videogame hats in like an hour."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You guys are too easy.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 29, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This FF5 episode is kinda... eh.
Guys really need to work on their peripheral vision, it's like I'm watching MGS soldiers LP.
DoubleEdit: "That's strange, the menu just closed, game's being weird" oh come on, Pat just pointed out a ghost 5 seconds ago!

EDIT: Is your excuse seriously "lol i was just trolling"?

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Oct 29, 2015

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

You guys are too easy.

Dance puppets dance!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You'd think people would've learned about puppetmastery after a decade or so of it being a thing, but they don't. They never do.

PiedPiper posted:

Didn't Pat say that he doesn't follow music, like at all? At best, he could say something "oh, I like the OST of this and that", but I don't think he's all that knowledgeable about music in general.
Also, I don't like Bowie's version either. Kurt Cobain all the way, baby.

Yeah, but again, it's the first song that plays in the entire game, it's in your cassette tape list from the beginning, the tape SAYS The Man Who Sold The World, c'mon Pat and Liam, ughhhh. Also, I think the version that plays in MGSV is better than the original, to be fair. And the Nirvana version too, even though I like Bowie's just fine.

i feel like a souls fan during their lps of souls games now

i'm unclean

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The ShitStorm videos have all been great. I will never get tired of hearing Matt and Patt getting scared while talking poo poo :allears:.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I dunno, there's been a lot of yelling at completely innocuous things. Like immobile boxes. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Oct 29, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

davidHalestorm posted:

The ShitStorm videos have all been great. I will never get tired of hearing Matt and Patt getting scared while talking poo poo :allears:.

I think my favorite example of this was actually in the Until Dawn LP. The jump scares got them almost every time, even when they were like "Yeah a ghost is going to jump out and scare you right here." But the Shitstorm videos have the bonuses of Pat being a coward and Matt having to push him forward into dark basement levels.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

I dunno, there's been a lot of yelling at completely innocuous things. Like immobile boxes. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

That's my favorite part, the yelling at completely innocuous things! It's as Matt as America and fart gas jokes too!

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Exactly. In the Fatal Frame video, Matt got scared by a black and white filter. As a huge coward myself, I can relate.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Or that Call of Cthulhu video where they spent pretty much the whole thing terrified of a guy that just walks up and tells you to leave.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

davidHalestorm posted:

The Power Drill Massacre video was really great for this

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm waiting for the month to be over so I can just watch the Shitstorms in one big playlist whenever.

Just got to the twist in Life Is Strange episode 3. That's a helluva quirk of her ability, I tell you hwat

Dias posted:

You'd think people would've learned about puppetmastery after a decade or so of it being a thing, but they don't. They never do.
Yeah, they fall for it way too easily, kids these days. Doesn't matter how farcical the comments, the person is always 100% serious

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm waiting for the month to be over so I can just watch the Shitstorms in one big playlist whenever.

Just got to the twist in Life Is Strange episode 3. That's a helluva quirk of her ability, I tell you hwat

Yeah, they fall for it way too easily, kids these days. Doesn't matter how farcical the comments, the person is always 100% serious

please just shut up dude

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh my god, Matt's impression of David as a bus driver is killer

edit: JESUS Chloe :stare:

Dias posted:

please just shut up dude

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Oct 29, 2015

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Power Drill Massacre video was really great for this

Yeah, there's something about that deliberately bad PS1 graphics that just gets to me.

EDIT

Forgotten Memories is also a particularly great one, in that Pat predicted the mannequin jump scares and still got scared anyway

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 29, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
think your guys with subs to the premium service might have to start spoilering your stuff

idgas because i just listen to the dudes talk but i'm sure someone doesn't want to know what happens before it happens

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
For the dude who asked a few days ago, I forgot to give them the Despair Girls theme which is one of the few good things about the gme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vATlONpoS1I

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ultra despair girls lp really increases in entertainment value inversely to woolie/liam's enjoyment of the game. salty selections and frustration are their element. looking forward to the finale, for that last moment of exhaustion

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
loving Fatal Frame. I can deal with gore and jumpscares and all that poo poo but japanese ghost horror just freaks me out. I finished FEAR 1 and FEAR 2 on my own and I consider that an achievement.

Matt did you and Pat not notice the ghost feet during the camera tutorial? I didn't notice a reaction for them but maybe you just saw it coming.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Baal posted:

For the dude who asked a few days ago, I forgot to give them the Despair Girls theme which is one of the few good things about the gme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vATlONpoS1I

If there's one thing every DR has excelled in, it's most certainly the music. First one had a good few great songs including the original theme obviously. Second game had some real good ones, it's primary kinda theme also really did it. Even Ultra Despair Girls has managed to come out with good stuff and remixes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This Life Is Strange LP is probably one of the best ones you've done, Matt. You and Liam are just shooting the poo poo and having a blast but tone it down for the appropriate moments, sometimes with Liam dropping an incredibly inappropriate joke at just the right time to lighten the mood, it's good poo poo. Don't mean to push, but is the final episode on the docket or have you not gotten around to it yet?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Man you vessel-less guys don't even know about pat and matt getting freaked out

a video coming up has some straight-up scooby doo poo poo you can practically hear pat jumping into matt's arms

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Dias posted:

Oh my God, Pat, you blithering idiot, did you just say that you haven't heard The Man Who Sold the World yet holy gently caress

look invictus says a lot of stupid poo poo sometimes but gently caress this post and gently caress you

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Blockhouse posted:

Man you vessel-less guys don't even know about pat and matt getting freaked out

a video coming up has some straight-up scooby doo poo poo you can practically hear pat jumping into matt's arms

Zoinks!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
all things considered, pat is a moron

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIUaVTDLdG0

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's g-g-ghost!

That's no ghost, that's a Vita!

-slapstick running sounds-

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Platinum combat as heck and with a good story? UNPRECEDENTED

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Have a proper direct feed at 1080p60 of that nier trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho5-CuSwNvU

Also it's supposed to be coming in 2016 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/29/the-full-story-behind-nier-automata-on-ps4/

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 29, 2015

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
We don't "fake" scares or something, if one of us shouts at something, it's cuz it startled us. It IS possible for people to to be taken back by different things, just saying.

If a box scared me, that's because I'm brave enough to admit it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Depths posted:

Platinum combat as heck and with a good story? UNPRECEDENTED

Metal Gear Rising came out years a ago

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Metal Gear Rising came out years a ago

he said good story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

he said good story

Revengeance has the best story.