Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Petite Dinklage posted:

http://m.channel3000.com/news/MPD-SUV-bursts-into-flames-damages-2-squad-cars/36057980

"The owner of the SUV told police he was just moving to Madison from Minnesota, and that he had just bought the SUV off of Craigslist, according to the release. He had not yet called his insurance company."

Glad to hear meatpimp got rid of the car before it went bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

quote:

I had been following the release of the ND for quite some time. When I actually got to pick it up and drive it off the lot, I was ecstatic. Incredibly fun to drive and probably the most fun I've had driving any car.

However, when pulling into the garage, little did I know that I would find my wife incredibly let down by my impulse purchase. That's what it was, an impulse. I wasn't thinking long term and the inconvenience to our family it would cause.

So, if you are in the California area and looking for a practically new ceramic ND Club model (its an automatic). PM me asap, as the car needs to go.

quote:

I'll be the first to say it - keep the car, trade in the wife

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Di8cK

This album is seriously :magical: You will not regret clicking that link. (Also :lol: at the url because I'm a child)

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

Bajaha posted:

This album is seriously :magical: You will not regret clicking that link. (Also :lol: at the url because I'm a child)

proclick - holy poo poo.

i *will* give the truck with the hose clamps and spanner a tentative pass, however, as it looks like that was all JUST put on, given how clean the clamps and such are.

he probably broke the leaf spring off roading and is going to attempt to limp it home, slowly, i hope.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
This is art.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

veedubfreak posted:

This is art.

I cannot even fathom how it came to this.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I cannot even fathom how it came to this.

Ignore the sparks and grinding noise until the vehicle loses all ability to stop? It's pretty simple really. :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bajaha posted:

Yeah but this one is pretty funny

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Quebec plate. Perfect.

:canada: :france:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

sofullofhate posted:

Quebec plate. Perfect.

:canada: :france:

:quebec:

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Petite Dinklage posted:

http://m.channel3000.com/news/MPD-SUV-bursts-into-flames-damages-2-squad-cars/36057980

"The owner of the SUV told police he was just moving to Madison from Minnesota, and that he had just bought the SUV off of Craigslist, according to the release. He had not yet called his insurance company."

guessed it was Chrysler product - either a GC or Durango

clicked and was unsurprised

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

veedubfreak posted:

This is art.

When I buy a rotor, goddammit, I get my money's worth.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Some of those are gonk as gently caress, but a number of them are pretty practical "oh poo poo I need to limp this back home" field repairs that I have no problems with.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

Some of those are gonk as gently caress, but a number of them are pretty practical "oh poo poo I need to limp this back home" field repairs that I have no problems with.

Yeah, and i've had field repairs like this last for 30,000kms. seems pretty OK.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Goddamn...

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

The ultimate in vented rotor technology

Total heat dissipation

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
eesh. center diff is not meant to do this

https://www.facebook.com/Monteesautoworld/
https://www.facebook.com/Monteesautoworld/videos/vb.530042737141883/776249922521162/?type=2&theater

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

fyodor posted:

Behold Domino's new bespoke pizza conveyance: a Chevy Spark with custom pizza warmer and pizza support cargo configuration. Note the gorgeous custom Dominos livery. The shittiest fast food now has an equally appealing way to arrive.

edit: all photos are blurry/low-quality because of a pizzaspiracy.

Not quite what I pictured Hiro Protagonist driving.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Can't wait for the inevitable followup from owners

It's going to be so sparkly :sparkles:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Everything about this is beautiful.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

fyodor posted:

Everything about this is beautiful.

That video has so many things going on I can't stop watching it.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Bajaha posted:

hey, at least they are using fuses.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/m3r-rides-meets-pics/15326-color0-s-build-thread-skyactiv3.html

OP posted:

Works Bell hub, Momo Mod.08 and the factory airbag ziptied in (that's right...) through three holes drilled into the horn bracket. I'm going to replace the plastic zipties with metal cable ties eventually, that'll make it practically as strong as the OEM mounting scheme.

OP posted:

Awesome, finally figured out how to solid-mount the airbag onto the Momo wheel. Basically a variation of the self-aligning clamp:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Bajaha posted:

I have done a variant of exactly that "clamp the vice-grips to the bolt to keep the alternator from falling off" trick. It held for the week it took a new bolt to arrive.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Root Bear posted:

Speaking of :captainpop: Today I discovered someone's unique method of securing a rusted heat shield:

I had to take off a heat shield to get to my thermostat awhile back.

.... turns out one of the mounting holes had actually broken free from the shield itself. Figured that's what the exhaust rattle was. NOPE. I've removed every heat shield on the car trying to track down that loving rattle. Gave up and put them back on.

My only other guess is maybe the guts of the cat are vibrating, since it's thrown P0420 twice (both times after sustained low RPM driving).

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Actually not badly done and the build is fairly decent.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

There comes a point where you're using hardware store fasteners to attach a literal bomb to your steering wheel when you have to wonder if "good enough" is really good enough.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

This will literally blow up in his face someday.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Safety Dance posted:

There comes a point where you're using hardware store fasteners to attach a literal bomb to your steering wheel when you have to wonder if "good enough" is really good enough.

Because hardware store fasteners are so much worse than injection molded ABS plastic?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I don't think you know how airbags are secured.

I guarantee you that he's using some grade 5 pot metal

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Sigma X posted:

Because hardware store fasteners are so much worse than injection molded ABS plastic?

I'll take injection molded ABS plastic designed by engineers for the task of holding an airbag in place over bolts some idiot found at Home Depot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And even if it were a quality build, that doesn't get around the fact that it looks loving stupid.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It is but last time I used a momo steering wheel the horn circuit would randomly short. Wouldn't really put alot of faith in that set up, 10 for effort though.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Like, isn't the whole point of a racing wheel the aesthetic value? (I refuse to believe that a mazda factory wheel is that bad)

Why would you go to the trouble of swapping it out and then make it look like complete rear end like that?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Because they want the momo full time and doesnt want to do that modicum of effort required to mod it to be easily removable.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

In my mind this guy ordered the momo online thinking it'd be hella sweet then his wife took one look at it and told him there's no way he's driving around town without an airbag.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

1500quidporsche posted:

In my mind this guy ordered the momo online thinking it'd be hella sweet then his wife took one look at it and told him there's no way he's driving around town without an airbag.

probably this

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Phone posted:

I don't think you know how airbags are secured.

I guarantee you that he's using some grade 5 pot metal

I don't know how everyone misses this part. Those washers couldn't withstand that steering wheel mounted shaped charge.

Also, why didn't he just buy a speed3? All of his :rice: sick time attack mods are awful are just as bad as that goon who was cutting speed holes in his civic.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

They don't have to. airbag deployment will push those pieces together, not pull them apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
In a crash he should hope that it's dead-on because any sort of shift means that the airbag is applying torque during deployment.

But to be fair, he's essentially re-creating a Takata airbag.