Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
NIXONS HUCKABEES BACK! ARRROOOO! :nixon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

betaraywil posted:

He's at the very least a Spid-werewolf and I'm not sure why.

That's just a plaid shirt. And I'm guessing the werewolf part is just because of his curly hair. :shrug:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I voted for the Marxist party this election :canada:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Kabanaw posted:

Bors did a longform cartoon for Rolling Stone

Special props to "Ben Doze, Go Right the gently caress to Sleep"

When you cry out in your dreams -- it is Ted Cruz that you see! AGC

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Now in wretched color!

I hate the HFCS thing because it's the same poo poo as sucrose just in a different manner. Sugar is not magically better for you, although I understand people prefer the taste.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Rorus Raz posted:

Democrats are definitely not Communists.

You know, there IS a CPUSA and it tends to endorse the Democrats (don't ask me why), so I actually went to check and see if they'd outright merged with the Dems, because that would be news.

But no, just another stupid toothless "HURR DURR THEY'RE TO THE LEFT OF ME THEREFORE MARX-LENIN-MAO LOVECHILD" joke out of Branco.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Redeye Flight posted:

You know, there IS a CPUSA and it tends to endorse the Democrats (don't ask me why), so I actually went to check and see if they'd outright merged with the Dems, because that would be news.

But no, just another stupid toothless "HURR DURR THEY'RE TO THE LEFT OF ME THEREFORE MARX-LENIN-MAO LOVECHILD" joke out of Branco.
Pretend I linked that Ramirez (I think it was Ramirez anyway, maybe it was also Branco) with Marx in hell reading about the Democratic party and saying "THOSE LEFT WING WACKOS".

Honestly, I don't think any of the future "DEMOCRATS ARE ALL COMMUNISTS" exaggerations are going to top that. It has been perfected.

Bandanna
Nov 3, 2005

Bulletproof

DEBT SPENDING

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

I hate the HFCS thing because it's the same poo poo as sucrose just in a different manner. Sugar is not magically better for you, although I understand people prefer the taste.

Fructose and sucrose are different molecules...

e: like you can argue that the badness of high amounts of fructose vs sucrose is overstated which is probably true idk, but it's not "the same poo poo." It's even digested differently, well, slightly differently (there's an extra step for sucrose). So it's plausible, i.e. not an entirely unfounded idea, that one could be better for you than the other, but again I won't comment on whether that's true cause I'm not well informed enough to say so. I kinda think the jury is still out though.

alnilam fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 29, 2015

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

alnilam posted:

e: like you can argue that the badness of high amounts of fructose vs sucrose is overstated which is probably true idk, but it's not "the same poo poo." It's even digested differently, well, slightly differently (there's an extra step for sucrose). So it's plausible, i.e. not an entirely unfounded idea, that one could be better for you than the other, but again I won't comment on whether that's true cause I'm not well informed enough to say so. I kinda think the jury is still out though.

It's not that HFCS is worse for you than sugar, the problem is that loving everything is loaded down with it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Quick, convince her that supermutants are sterile and can't reproduce!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Oh my god.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Kabanaw posted:

Bors did a longform cartoon for Rolling Stone

Special props to "Ben Doze, Go Right the gently caress to Sleep"

Ted Cruz is the most evil and dangerous of all the candidates. An Accurate Analogy.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Kylra posted:

Pretend I linked that Ramirez (I think it was Ramirez anyway, maybe it was also Branco) with Marx in hell reading about the Democratic party and saying "THOSE LEFT WING WACKOS".

Honestly, I don't think any of the future "DEMOCRATS ARE ALL COMMUNISTS" exaggerations are going to top that. It has been perfected.

It was the worse of los hermanos mccoy

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

It's not that HFCS is worse for you than sugar, the problem is that loving everything is loaded down with it.

Yep, it's cheap as gently caress so it's used as an ingredient wherever vaguely possible.

Ha ha ha

Jim Webb:

"Uhhhh guys are you seeing this poo poo?"

Bernie:

"Excuse me, but Hillary appears to have transmogrified into a mutant abomination before our very eyes and we should probably suspend the debate"

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:v: "Yes, Mr. Sanders you'd like to say something?"
:stonk: "Yes, I uh... I would like to request a short bathroom break."
:krakken: "SECONDED, I PREFER HIS ENTRAILS BE EMPTY WHEN I FEAST UPON THEM."

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

If we don't stand up to big pharma and stop taking Joy, eventually the leaders of our nation will be Joy mutants. A LISA Cartoon.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

I love how nonplussed Bernie is to have a creature of unspeakable horror right next to him. Even Webb is just like "um.... :what:"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is that literally the final boss from the first Fallout?

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Philip K. Dick posted:

"As you live on, unable to stop, I will torment you," it said. "I will deprive you, item by item, of everything you possess or want. And then when you are crushed to death I will unfold a mystery."

"The dead shall live, the living die. I kill what lives; I save what has died. And I will tell you this: there are things worse than I. But you won't meet them because by then I will have killed you. Now walk back into the dining room and prepare for dinner. Don't question what I'm doing; I did it long before there was a Tung Chien and I will do it long after."

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jay Rust posted:

Pretty much, plus or minus a few details

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Jay Rust posted:

At first I thought it looked similar but I just looked up The Master and yes it literally is.

quote:

The Unity will bring about the master race. Master! Master! One able to survive, or even thrive, in the wasteland. As long as there are differences, we will tear ourselves apart fighting each other. We need one race. Race! Race! One goal. Goal! Goal! One people . . . to move forward to our destiny. Destiny.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

A friendly reminder that Dees has admitted that everything he does is just pictures on photoshop altered and augmented.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

you would think that transforming into a malignant hellbeast bent on reigning terror down upon humanity be against the debate rules. CNN really is poo poo these days. Still did better than CNBC though

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Hostile V posted:

A friendly reminder that Dees has admitted that everything he does is just pictures on photoshop altered and augmented.

Was this ever not obvious to anyone?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I just don't understand why he erased the torso-monitor?? Slap a ZioNBC logo on there and boom, incisive commentary

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Are we sure that's a genuine Dees? There's still a five-pointed star in the background.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
He missed an opportunity to work VACCINES = FEV or something in there.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Wanamingo posted:

And it's used for non sugar reasons as well so it ends up being in even more things than sugar!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

I really don't buy that sucrose even tastes any better/different though I'll admit I've never done a blind taste test. There's tons of people who claim there's a night and day difference between the two but then you ask them about any other minor ingredient change and they'll go "????????:confused:?? lol stop being a food snob," and most of the time they're not even aware that HFCS and corn syrup are completely different things. If there's anything to the "Mexican Coke tastes better" meme other than placebo effect, I'd bet it has to do with being served from bottles rather than cans, or maybe the total amount of sweetener.

I mean HFCS is still poo poo because it results in trade imbalances that gently caress over Latin American countries, and we probably wouldn't have quite as much sugar as "just because" filler if it were more expensive, but nope people have to bloviate about how much worse processed food tastes these days.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Dr Cheeto posted:

Are we sure that's a genuine Dees? There's still a five-pointed star in the background.

SECRET INTERNET HINT: DDees.com

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Rorus Raz posted:

Now in wretched color!

I know Ramirez is terrible with visual metaphors, but seriously, change the spending label to a whooshy water label. As it stands, the wall of "spending" was the only thing keeping back the tide of...whatever the water represents. Ruin, I guess?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

f#a# posted:

I know Ramirez is terrible with visual metaphors, but seriously, change the spending label to a whooshy water label. As it stands, the wall of "spending" was the only thing keeping back the tide of...whatever the water represents. Ruin, I guess?

I mean, the water is spending, and therefore all the money. But at the same time they are underwater... so everything around them is money. They are literally flooded with money, America is saved

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Rorus Raz posted:

Now in wretched color!

Instead of A Good Cartooning each of Ramirez's cartoons, we should just call Ramirez A Good Cartoonist and be done with it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I think this might be the first Dees I have ever unironically liked :allears: Sanders and Webb's reactions are perfect

Jay Rust posted:

Dees is getting hype for Fallout 4 I guess

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

alnilam posted:

You're the problem.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Not My Leg posted:

Instead of A Good Cartooning each of Ramirez's cartoons, we should just call Ramirez A Good Cartoonist and be done with it.

he did win a pulitzer, after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

f#a# posted:

It's a Ramirez. You know what it represents.

DEBT

• Locked thread