Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Bunny girl is basically furry Margaret from Amazon Lily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
People being confused why electricity doesn't work on Luffy will never not be entertaining to me.

Gaudia
Nov 4, 2011
This chapter is finally really starting and I'm getting excited, it started off really meh.

The Minks can be anything, dog, rabbit, bull, gorilla... bear... deer? What happened to Chopper? Where did all the people go? The elephant can't be THAT big. What happened to the others? Who is Jack? Is Nami's 'dead' body undressed?!

All these questions.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

"A couple weeks" would be just about the time the Strawhats would have showed up, right? Luffy took a bit to rest up after his big fight. I'm going to laugh if Sanji or Chopper somehow accidentally caused the downfall of this civilization.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

frajaq posted:

man Robin has been hilarious these last chapters

If this is how Robin is going to be now, I'm on board. Black comedy and gushing over poorly drawn dragons is my jam.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tbp posted:

ah so whos that likely to be. probably someone we already know right
It's Gin!

Jose posted:

makes sense since we only saw part of his face. hopefully not morgan because then these threads will never stfu about gin coming back
Too late!!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
If minkmen can be pretty much any type of animal I'm more on board with their designs.
And yeah, Robin felt kinda lacking last arc but she's been pretty funny so far.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
gin is a mostly forgettable character. dont really care if he comes back or not.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Millions posted:

lol at Jean Bart immediately getting Worfed

I remember when Law got him for his crew specifically because he was like 'I bet you're super strong.' and his first action was grappling with a Pacifista.

On the other hand he looks pretty hurt so that might be holding him back.

He might have been Zorro'd instead of Wofed

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
How did Law forget he had Bepo's vivre card when they used that card to navigate to Zou in the first place?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Minkmen are just Fishmen but with mammals instead of aquatic animals huh.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you suppose there will be a separate groups for reptile-men and insect-men?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

If this is how Robin is going to be now, I'm on board. Black comedy and gushing over poorly drawn dragons is my jam.
Robin's usually had a more sour but semi-rational outlook on things. I guess this is the next evolution of that attitude, and I too approve of this development.

But, more importantly,

Sub Harrison posted:

At long last THE BEPO ARC.

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.
I wonder why they think the Strawhat B crew is dead; maybe they just saw Brooke?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I want to learn more about the Electro. I guess it's a Minkman ability and the "Mantra" of this arc?

I'm going to guess that they get a lot of static electricity buildup because of their fur, and they decided to harness that in their fighting style.

That seems just about silly enough for One Piece

Edit: Law's Counter Shock comes from Bepo teaching him the ability, it's why he always wears that big fuzzy hat :v

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 29, 2015

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gumbercules posted:

I wonder why they think the Strawhat B crew is dead; maybe they just saw Brooke?

Doesnt explain them stealing Nami's clothes. But this will probably be part of it.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="452079259"]
How did Law forget he had Bepo's vivre card when they used that card to navigate to Zou in the first place?

Well, D's seem to have bad short-term memory. The Monkey family anyway. Law's dead-pan delivery about everything was pretty funny to me in this chapter.

Also, I wonder if Chopper's going to have an identity crisis because of all these other talking animals.

We've already seen that Nami has different clothes on, I'm not sure what you all are freaking out about.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Happy Happyist posted:

Well, D's seem to have bad short-term memory. The Monkey family anyway. Law's dead-pan delivery about everything was pretty funny to me in this chapter.

Also, I wonder if Chopper's going to have an identity crisis because of all these other talking animals.

We've already seen that Nami has different clothes on, I'm not sure what you all are freaking out about.

No one is freaking out. Not one single person in the entirety of the world thinks Oda would kill off half the crew.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

KoB posted:

No one is freaking out. Not one single person in the entirety of the world thinks Oda would kill off half the crew.

But what if they all ate artificial Yomi Yomi fruits?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

I'm going to guess that they get a lot of static electricity buildup because of their fur, and they decided to harness that in their fighting style.

We have to go even sillier: You can use electricity to make electro-magnets. The minkperson's 'float' ability is just tiny electromagnets that repels or attracts her towards metal like Zoro's swords.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I think Oda should kill off more characters, so the b crew should be dead.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

sharktamer posted:

I think Oda should kill off more characters, so the b crew should be dead.

Agreed except for Nami

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Bobulus posted:

We have to go even sillier: You can use electricity to make electro-magnets. The minkperson's 'float' ability is just tiny electromagnets that repels or attracts her towards metal like Zoro's swords.

Is it possible that their 'animal' appearance as well as electrical powers come from an injection with some sort of nanomachine by Vegapunk?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

They're all dead and will be replaced by Kinemon, Kinemons son, the other samurai who draws stuff, and the epic Starfish fashion designer.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="452079259"]

Law made an alliance with Luffy thinking that he would have any say, at all, in the insanity that was to follow this decision.

Law is clearly an idiot.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

Edit: Law's Counter Shock comes from Bepo teaching him the ability, it's why he always wears that big fuzzy hat :v

Sounds like something Oda would do. I'd imagine bunny girl has a fruit that also lets her lower/manipulate her personal gravity.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
If it weren't for curving mid-air, I'd just have said that she can jump good because she's a rabbit.

I thought the electro-shock thing was because of that glove the girl was wearing? Is there a reason people think it's some kind of Minkman power?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Prison Warden posted:

I thought the electro-shock thing was because of that glove the girl was wearing? Is there a reason people think it's some kind of Minkman power?

Well the same thing happened when the bull dude headbutted luffy so...

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm a big dummy. But it's weird how Oda clearly focuses on the rabbit-girl's one glove in that case. There's definitely something weird going on here!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you suppose there will be a separate groups for reptile-men and insect-men?

If you are sexually attracted to reptilemen instead of mammalmen does that make you a scaly instead of a furry or something

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
The gorilla said that "elecktro" didn't work on Luffy, so it does seem like it is some sort of minkman power or something like that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Will there be a "Fishman" "Mermaid" type distinction for minkmen you think?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I mean Fishmen have the power to throw the ocean at people, so it's not like it's some insane out of nowhere thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kild posted:

Will there be a "Fishman" "Mermaid" type distinction for minkmen you think?

The distinction between anthropomorphic animal Minkmen and furry Minkmen might just be sex. Then again we didn't see a male Mermaid or a female Fishman for a long time.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

RatHat posted:

The distinction between anthropomorphic animal Minkmen and furry Minkmen might just be sex. Then again we didn't see a male Mermaid or a female Fishman for a long time.

Is Octopaco the only female Fishman we've seen? I know all the Royal Family were Mermen, but I actually can't think of any other Fishwomen.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think there were some others in crowds/backgrounds but Octopaco is the only named one.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I honestly did not remember that fishmen and merpeople were separate in One Piece until this page.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Fishwoman

Mermaid

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kokoro's fins on that page remind me of Pringles "lips" and now I can't unsee it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Who's the new cover story arc for? Can't see anything to distinguish who it's supposed to be on the front page.