Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Bradf0rd posted:

Get ready for interference calls against you.

Haven't taken a single one in 5 games, I was worried about it but it hasn't been an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bradf0rd posted:

Get ready for interference calls against you.

Yeah, I just finally turned this off. sba's stress level has gone way down.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtDNduswFvw

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Holding the butterfly button during faceoffs isn't just superstition, it's also good planning.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

flakeloaf posted:

Holding the butterfly button during faceoffs isn't just superstition, it's also good planning.

That's an AI goalie.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Yup, that was my point :). If you're square to the faceoff and you're already down, you're probably not going to juke around like a computer trying to do whatever it is that AI goalies try to do in that situation.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This entire thing is caused by Demonlord not being on the loving boards (again)

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I've done this IRL. It owns.

SpinyNorman867
Jan 5, 2006
".....Dinsdale?"
I lost a game 8-2 just a little while ago and came here for advice. I'm glad I am not the only one having problems being beaten repeatedly by crease to slot passes. The advice everyone was giving a few pages back seems super helpful.

I don't really have anything to add, other than the AI in this game is one of the most infuriating things I've ever experienced. Apparently I am so pissed off that I desperately need the internet to know how mad I am.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
Favourite EASHL build? Playmaker/PWF seem to be the most popular.

Grinder is fun too. Hits like a truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF2lZyK7ReU

Skating is good. Deking is decent if you stick to the quick dekes. Bonus: Horsejizz scoring the go ahead goal right after I took a 5 min major.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVmaQl_syc

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Skizzzer posted:

Favourite EASHL build? Playmaker/PWF seem to be the most popular.

Grinder is fun too. Hits like a truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF2lZyK7ReU

Skating is good. Deking is decent if you stick to the quick dekes. Bonus: Horsejizz scoring the go ahead goal right after I took a 5 min major.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVmaQl_syc

I've found that Offensive defenseman is a great mix of speed, puck handling, and shot power.

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
Nice goal, Horsejizz.

LegioPraetoria
Jul 20, 2006

Strikeout!

Uniballer posted:

Nice goal, Horsejizz.

One day I'm gonna have that put on a t-shirt

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Online input lag may be because EA is inadvertently routing data through Ireland

On EASHL game 3 after putting in the fix and no lag so far.

Game is still bad, though.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hey you fuckhead coach, thanks for making my RW have a team goal of winning faceoffs that I can never achieve unless my center is in the box and its a 4v3 PK.

How has this game not been patched yet?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

How has this game not been patched yet?

They already have your :homebrew: so they don't really care that much? I mean, that's EA's business model in a nutshell right there.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Turns out the bullshit in the game is far more tolerable when you're not already hosed from 1/2 second input lag. Who knew?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Pleads posted:

Online input lag may be because EA is inadvertently routing data through Ireland

On EASHL game 3 after putting in the fix and no lag so far.

Game is still bad, though.

I mean I know the why is 'EA' but how the gently caress can a major developer have a problem like this, and they rely on the community for the fix

this kind of poo poo is just the industry standard now, it really makes me hate being such a video game dork at times

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

They communicated with fans and made all kinds of initiatives like the game changers when the game was at hype building phase before launch. After it launched and they got their money you were left on your own with a broken game and they were no where to be seen. It took, I think, about a month for them to acknowledge that yes maybe the game might be having some lag issues and even then it was just the EASHL home team captain lag not that all the other modes lag too.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Sorry NHL 16 you may have just lost me forever in regards to all things puck-related:

:siren: https://youtu.be/bpa3mg12kTM?t=55 :siren:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
rocket league hockey??? loving game over

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Did they ever fix the problem in rocket league where the first 5 seconds of every game is a chug fest and cars are invisible and you can't see other players names?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Did they ever fix the problem in rocket league where the first 5 seconds of every game is a chug fest and cars are invisible and you can't see other players names?

Considering in the last however many months of RL I've played I've never had that problem.... yes?

(Yeah I dunno I've never seen that before - that sounds sucky)

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
I just picked this up over the weekend and Have been trying to get better with as many things as I can. (I have not played since NHL 94) Can someone give me tips and such for fighting and not getting my rear end kicked when doing so?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I'm having a lot of trouble keeping possession in versus. There just don't seem to be a lot of passing lanes and the stuff I remember working in 15 just isn't there. Can you guys throw me some general tips?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Wolfy posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble keeping possession in versus. There just don't seem to be a lot of passing lanes and the stuff I remember working in 15 just isn't there. Can you guys throw me some general tips?

Just curious, have you tried skating more and being more conservative with your passes? I find if you just try and fling the puck blindly forward all the time you're going to get it picked 9/10 times.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Learn and use the saucer pass a lot. Like all the time.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Learn and use the saucer pass a lot. Like all the time.

Alternatively, I don't think I've ever used the saucer pass other than a tool to do a soft dump in as a streaking winger in EASHL. You can definitely own possession without it. Try fiddling with the various breakout options using the D-pad (I personally like stay wide). Also don't be afraid to go D to D and if you see a pass option take it even if it doesn't put you that much further up the ice. Whenever you are making the D have to adjust to east to west movement you will start opening lanes.

The other thing I would say about passing this year is it is very dependent on how long you hold R2. I honestly believe the game will give you a boost in accuracy if the length of time you hold R2 is directly proportional to the distance the skater is away from you. If you are a D on the goal line and your center is just in front of you breaking out through the slot just flick R2 and you'll get it to him, if you're a D in the faceoff circle and the far side winger is streaking hold down R2 for a long time. The game will punish you for holding R2 a long time for short passes and vice versa.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Using saucer in the offensive zone is pointless since it takes so long to charge and the accuracy is bad. It's good for dumps and it's good for long breakouts and board banks.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Maybe I use it now just because of old habit and don't really know NHL 16 passing system that well but it at least used to be pretty useful. On 2 on 1 rush getting the puck through defender when he is trying to block the passing line can be done with saucer when it was almost impossible with normal pass. You could also do some creative plays because it goes where you point it and gets there over sticks often enough, so stuff like pass from end boards near goal to defender at blueline through the middle worked pretty well when normal pass wouldn't have any hope. Charging takes time so it's less useful against overly aggressive opponents. Plus it's used in real hockey all the time but that doesn't really matter here.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Maddot_66 posted:

I just picked this up over the weekend and Have been trying to get better with as many things as I can. (I have not played since NHL 94) Can someone give me tips and such for fighting and not getting my rear end kicked when doing so?

I just spam up on the right stick. The L2 "Dodge" button instead seems to be a "punch me in the face" button. I've won probably 60% of my fights as a sniper (poo poo fighting skill) this way.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Maddot_66 posted:

Never stop Punching.™

In all seriousness the best thing to do is just hold L2 and wait for an opening, than start laying down punches.

Here's a video from last nights game to demonstrate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIS2slKIeTY

Oglogoth fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 29, 2015

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I just spam up on the right stick. The L2 "Dodge" button instead seems to be a "punch me in the face" button. I've won probably 60% of my fights as a sniper (poo poo fighting skill) this way.

Everytime I do this, the AI just leans back and ignores them, then rails me as my controls seem to say "gently caress this" and just stop responding.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Please refer to the instructional video guide above your post for the correct way to Punch A Mans.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wolfy posted:

If people are aggressively coming at you then hold X/A like a mad person, change direction a lot to shake people, and wait for lanes to open up.

This game basically hates you for attempting to pass in the offensive zone, or out of the defensive zone, it's really hard to make a series of quick passes but if you're patient lanes will open up. If you need to make more direct short passes try deking/pushing the stick out to the side before passing to get around checkers.

If you're playing online a lot remember that you can use the boards to cycle, people get really focused on the middle. Also don't go all out on the left stick all the time, if you let up and glide a bit you can be more accurate and make quicker side to side movements.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I once took only sure or almost sure passes in nhl 15. It really worked well at least in that game but I got bored of holding the protect puck button and slowly went to my old ways of passing as much as possible.

this from EA forums:

quote:

my sources are giving me the impression that EA are still on the wrong tracks (as of yesterday) even with this information & data that's been provided.

In short, they think you can stop the issue the same way by just restricting your search in club to your own region and a good match of the same region won't have issues???? ....not sure how that's also related to lobbies, etc. or people who already tried that in club to no success.

Maybe they are just plain old 'tarded?

Soft Shell Crab fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 29, 2015

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Maybe they have what money they're going to get for this title so they don't give a poo poo.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
Are there any Goon XBone clubs that are potentially accepting members? My buddy and I are currently in a club with just us and it's fun but I miss playing with more people. Also the computer is moronic. A lot of the old PS3 guys can vouch I'm not a total plug on the ice. I play mostly LW and currently C if that fills any needs.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

Dale Meets Wall posted:

Are there any Goon XBone clubs that are potentially accepting members? My buddy and I are currently in a club with just us and it's fun but I miss playing with more people. Also the computer is moronic. A lot of the old PS3 guys can vouch I'm not a total plug on the ice. I play mostly LW and currently C if that fills any needs.

Traitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Dracula
Dec 31, 2007

Playing legacy edition, be a pro. Any coach options that are preferable to others? I won't be changing on the fly, just want something standard.

Thanks

edit: and also, wth are boost packs? they're consumed so it's better to save them for the playoffs or whatever. The playmaker is unlocked on my be a pro-pro. Is this some kind of scammy bs where the're trying to get you to buy stuff?

8-Bit Dracula fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 5, 2015

• Locked thread