Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nipponophile posted:

You know, this is probably a better idea. OK, change of plans.

EVERYONE BUG MEDULLAH ON THEIR ALTS FOR INVITES TO HIS GUILD

Fair warning if I'm on that character I'm generally afk /sweeping by the mission terminal. I /welded the new Heroic terminal last night for an hour because it was starting to crack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

Call it "Kylo Ren is Luke".

(not a real spoiler, nobody freak out.)

:rant: Don't even tease that; I'm convinced/terrified/depressed that that's exactly what's going to happen.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Fair warning if I'm on that character I'm generally afk /sweeping by the mission terminal. I /welded the new Heroic terminal last night for an hour because it was starting to crack.

:patriot:

It's really nice to see so many new people in the game. The downside is... so many new people in the game. Doing False Emperor with 3 people who've never done it and that range in level from 13-28 is not fun.

Yes, you do have to click Jindo's terminal near his ship or you will die.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

prefect posted:

:rant: Don't even tease that; I'm convinced/terrified/depressed that that's exactly what's going to happen.

Kylo Ren is Jar Jar Binks, returning to silence all naysayers who deems him not worthy of being a main character.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

He has indeed been moved; he's over by The Wall (aka Lord Grathan's estate) now. You should be still good to do it if you've only completed your class story; not sure if you can after starting KOTFE, however, as it is one of those critical/purple story arcs now.

Thanks! I could indeed still do it.

Hulk Smash! posted:

This is the saddest email I've ever seen. He keeps calling you "My Lord"? Grow a pair, Quinn.
This one is a little more satisfying.

And indeed I might already have been married to him when I had the one-night stand with Pierce.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Beeme posted:

And indeed I might already have been married to him when I had the one-night stand with Pierce.

Thus, the prophecy was fulfilled.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 29, 2015

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gonk chooie unf

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Frustrated posted:

So I just came back for the first time in years. I spent the $15 to re-sub and get all the expansions, loaded up my lvl 50 bounty hunter and planned to start Rise of the Hutt Cartel, except it's broken. My holo communicator in my ship doesn't do anything despite glowing. I can get to the makeb station, but it won't let me on the planet and there are no quests. Is this poo poo broken or am I missing something? I don't want to start a fresh 60 if I can avoid it as I'd like to see Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan.

The other answer to this that I didn't see anyone post is: You don't pick up RotHC / SoR from your holocommunicator, you pick them up from a separate mission terminal in your ship. You don't pick up new missions from the holocommunicator anymore, but it glows blue 100% of the time, usually for no reason, and I really wish it didn't.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Finished KotFE last night. Really great. One thing though, possibly a bug? After finishing up the chapters everyone was on that war room except SCORPIO and she wasn't on my companion list either. Does she just vanish or what?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

Finished KotFE last night. Really great. One thing though, possibly a bug? After finishing up the chapters everyone was on that war room except SCORPIO and she wasn't on my companion list either. Does she just vanish or what?

She should be there, under main characters

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Medullah posted:

She should be there, under main characters

Ah okay, good. I put in a ticket last night, wanted to make sure. I didn't even say anything that she really disapproved of either, so I was like uh is she still on the ship???

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
So what would be the best way to see all the revan related stuff before starting the new expansion? I don't want to miss anything but i stopped playing after vanilla

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

AcidRonin posted:

So what would be the best way to see all the revan related stuff before starting the new expansion? I don't want to miss anything but i stopped playing after vanilla

When you hit 53 or finish Makeb (not sure how that works), a console on your ship will light up with the Forged Alliances story. Do that all the way through, then the Shadow of Revan storyline that will pop up on the console once you've finished Forged Alliances.

Also make sure to do Taral V and Maelstrom Prison or Boarding Party and The Foundry depending on your faction.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
So I picked up the game after getting bored of GW2 to see how the game has gone since release a few years ago. Their choices on free play seem suspect. I literally can't use any weapons or armor dropped anywhere because it requires the hutt expansion and XP gains are now huge, so I am 15 levels over where I should be just by doing PvP and story missions, meaning I am missing out on the world exploration.

How do they expect people to subscribe or become pretty princess whales when these choices are so obnoxious?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Slaan posted:

How do they expect people to subscribe or become pretty princess whales when these choices are so obnoxious?

Because lightsabers. The game is hugely profitable and the f2p model is really a trial.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Slaan posted:

If you throw 5 bucks at the game for cartel coins, you're preferred instead of free and things become much more bearable.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Cythereal posted:

When you hit 53 or finish Makeb (not sure how that works), a console on your ship will light up with the Forged Alliances story. Do that all the way through, then the Shadow of Revan storyline that will pop up on the console once you've finished Forged Alliances.

Also make sure to do Taral V and Maelstrom Prison or Boarding Party and The Foundry depending on your faction.

Cythereal this is off-topic but what in the world is your avatar from?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Slaan posted:

and XP gains are now huge, so I am 15 levels over where I should be just by doing PvP and story missions, meaning I am missing out on the world exploration.

I don't think this is really a problem. Level sync makes it so that all content at or below your level rewards you with xp equivalent to your current level.

So if you got to level 30 by doing PVP, you can still go waste 100 hours collecting space-bear asses on Korriban or whatever and you'll still get worthwhile rewards from it; you just aren't required to do it to see the rest of the content in the game.

Explore if you want to explore! I don't understand this complaint

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

This game is really fun, im having a really good time just playing all 8 character plotlines through (6 down and 2 to go), and the KOTFE plot stuff is also really good.

I really appreciate how it can be played as a single player RPG now, god this game is such an improvement now as compared to how it was at launch.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ainsley McTree posted:

Explore if you want to explore! I don't understand this complaint

It's a strange notion MMO players have developed where they NEEEEEEEED to move to a new zone when quests start to go green, and so levelling faster is punishing them for exploring and doing all the quests.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Defiance Industries posted:

It's a strange notion MMO players have developed where they NEEEEEEEED to move to a new zone when quests start to go green, and so levelling faster is punishing them for exploring and doing all the quests.

I just want to do every quest that I can, but flashpoints and operations (I still do not understand the difference) show up on the map like normal questgivers. :argh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Operations are raids.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

I just want to do every quest that I can, but flashpoints and operations (I still do not understand the difference) show up on the map like normal questgivers. :argh:

Flashpoint = 4 person quick "dungeon ".
Operations = 8 to 16 man raids.

And as of last week they are distinguished differently on your map.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Anyone know why they made Directive 7 a solo FP? It doesn't appear to be tied with the main story at all.

Also, did someone say earlier that the old gear models from the comm vendors are still available somewhere on Fleet?

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
For most of the non-solo flashpoints all you need to do to get it off your quest markers is have a chat with Satele/Malgus on the Fleet after picking it up initially, they'll give you instructions and auto-assign you the [TACTICAL] flashpoint, then you can abandon the [TACTICAL] quest from your log and you'll never see the breadcrumb triangle again.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Cythereal this is off-topic but what in the world is your avatar from?

It's a Star Trek Online thing. Some people in that thread felt I was not sufficiently getting into the spirit of fun.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Promethium posted:

For most of the non-solo flashpoints all you need to do to get it off your quest markers is have a chat with Satele/Malgus on the Fleet after picking it up initially, they'll give you instructions and auto-assign you the [TACTICAL] flashpoint, then you can abandon the [TACTICAL] quest from your log and you'll never see the breadcrumb triangle again.

This sounds excellent; thankyewverymuch. :tipshat:

I don't suppose I can take my support robot from the SoR flashpoints and make any flashpoint solo? I'd like to see them all, but I'm a shut-in.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

prefect posted:

I don't suppose I can take my support robot from the SoR flashpoints and make any flashpoint solo? I'd like to see them all, but I'm a shut-in.

Yeah, that's one of the big changes that came with 4.0. Just do as above, abandon the [TACTICAL] flashpoint then use the NPC in front of the appropriate flashpoint to ask for the Solo flashpoint.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Just a reminder
about the haiku contest.
I am bored at work.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Hey waffledoodle, I just started F2P (and this game) for the first time, and I think I noticed an error in the Fleet Pass tutorial thing. The text says that F2P players don't get, and can't use, a Fleet Pass AT ALL. That can't be true since I received a Fleet Pass at whatever level it was it gave it to me.

Edit: Also, can someone tell me if F2P get access to any of the expansions at all? Or is it just class stories to 50, or whatever level those end at?

Edit Numero Dos: Since I'm F2P I don't have access to the WHO list, so can someone invite Bullockk (Republic) on JC to whatever the Goon Republic guild is? Thanks.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 29, 2015

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
With this new "streamlined leveling" system where you only have to do story quests, how long does it take to go from like 1-60?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Interstellar Owl posted:

With this new "streamlined leveling" system where you only have to do story quests, how long does it take to go from like 1-60?

I imagine you could do it in a weekend if you're also doing heroics and stuff. The game just throws levels at you now.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Quests literally can't "go green" anymore in this game. Being "over-leveled" is no longer possible. You get more options as you gain more levels, but the old options will never go away.

Lower-level content will still be a bit easier because it was tuned for characters with fewer skills, but the rewards are not diminished. In fact, the longer you wait to do a quest, the better the reward you get for it! If you wait until level 61 to run quests on the newbie planets, you'll get endgame rewards. Even if you already hit max level, you'll get tons of money, companion gifts, and various other useful stuff for doing low-level missions.

Anything you actually do decide to skip, it just gives you more replay value on your next character.

This is frankly not a legitimate complaint anymore.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It was also never a legitimate complaint in the first place. If there were only enough quests to get to 65 if you did them at level then it would be a point but there's so much more XP than you need so doing poo poo at green being somehow problematic was never actually relevant.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Quests literally can't "go green" anymore in this game. Being "over-leveled" is no longer possible. You get more options as you gain more levels, but the old options will never go away.

Lower-level content will still be a bit easier because it was tuned for characters with fewer skills, but the rewards are not diminished. In fact, the longer you wait to do a quest, the better the reward you get for it! If you wait until level 61 to run quests on the newbie planets, you'll get endgame rewards. Even if you already hit max level, you'll get tons of money, companion gifts, and various other useful stuff for doing low-level missions.

Anything you actually do decide to skip, it just gives you more replay value on your next character.

Listen bub I'm posting about a video game on the Internet and if you think something like "legitimacy" is going to hold me back from complaining then you've got another think coming

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

These quests are not legitimate!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It was also never a legitimate complaint in the first place. If there were only enough quests to get to 65 if you did them at level then it would be a point but there's so much more XP than you need so doing poo poo at green being somehow problematic was never actually relevant.

Yeah I never really understood it to begin with... Like if you have too much XP, quests will give you less XP? Kind of a self-correcting problem then, isn't it?

"This game has too much content, and I won't stand for it!"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
loving Voss heroics, man. My Sage has PTSD after doing the one in the Nightmare Lands.

There is literally nothing about Voss that is redeeming, even its group content is painful and sucks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yeah I never really understood it to begin with... Like if you have too much XP, quests will give you less XP? Kind of a self-correcting problem then, isn't it?

"This game has too much content, and I won't stand for it!"

This game has more people that hate every aspect of it yet continue to play, it's amazing.

Haters gonna space-hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I really wish we had got Devaronians instead of loving Cathars. I've never seen a catman as a player but I'd roll so many devil dudes.

• Locked thread