Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
People are going loving nuts over the list.

So, why hit ROTA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

People are going loving nuts over the list.

So, why hit ROTA?

Because Nekroz.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Because tellarknights.
Because HEROs.
Because buy pendulums.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm just gonna keep playing my Rock Stun. Who needs pendulum bullshit when you have Fossil Dyna Pachycephalos?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lisandra_brave posted:

Thank god. Welcome to petdeck format, population us.

If there's a good format here it'll last all of five minutes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I feel like the only way Pendulum is gonna be balanced is if we get a triumphant return of Heavy Storm, or some really good general-purpose Pendulum hate. Otherwise, it's just way too easy to bring back everything that just got killed.

...think it's too late to hope for the return of D.D. decks?

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Play D/D if you want D.D. Pendulums are here to stay, same as XYZ was, same as Synchros were.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
I got a little excited when I saw "Spellbook of..." was off the list. Alas, it was not Judgement.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We've got Wavering Eyes, Fairy Wind and Spell-Shattering Arrow.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Generic Octopus posted:

I got a little excited when I saw "Spellbook of..." was off the list. Alas, it was not Judgement.

It's f8 though. Nontargeting nondestruction removal! That banishes!

Dabir posted:

We've got Wavering Eyes, Fairy Wind and Spell-Shattering Arrow.

We've also got twin twister and pendulum storm now. Wavering is actually better for popping your own poo poo, since it replaces itself with a new pendulum monster.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Welp goodbye shaddolls, it was nice getting my regional invite with you!

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Lisandra_brave posted:

It's f8 though. Nontargeting nondestruction removal! That banishes!

Spellbooks are just too slow, don't think Fate will do much for them with all the stuff on the horizon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The random loving Cannahawk hit, what the hell.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

The random loving Cannahawk hit, what the hell.

Was anyone even playing that archetype? I don't know about locals but I remember seeing it in devpro like 2 times this summer.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Was anyone even playing that archetype? I don't know about locals but I remember seeing it in devpro like 2 times this summer.

It had a couple tops, but not many were playing it.

Ritual Beasts are like Sylvans were towards the end of series 8: really strong decks that are really complex to play and involve a lot of steps in their big plays and don't allow you to make many mistakes. Why bother playing with them when you can play other decks that are more efficient in what they do and safer overall to play?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The Math and ROTA hits make sense, but jeeze, this hurts my Junk Doppel deck harder than it ought to.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ritual Beasts are really loving annoying to play against.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
"We are gathered here today...."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I faced a Ritual Beast player once. I topdecked Imperial Iron Wall, Cursed Seal, a spell card, and MST, and won when I cursed seal my own MST.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

According to one of my buddies that plays competitively, Ulti-Cannahawk got hit to help push Infernoids, because apparently Ritual Beasts are a counter to Infernoids?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Koguma posted:

:911: :rip:

Rip construct.

I have a hard time believing Grysta even hangs out w/ the rest of the shaddolls lookin at decklists tho

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Not really, you just summon/resolve Devyaty and Infernoids win. The whole banishing thing doesn't really work against them but you still have huge monsters like Onuncu/Devyaty.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hitting ROTA and Mathematician kills my Plant Princess deck. It doesn't weaken it, it just flat-out renders it unplayable.

gently caress this game sometimes, seriously.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

What the actual gently caress is up with this banlist. Shaddolls weren't degenerate, they weren't tier one. But they were the most fun deck to build and play in the entire game.

In like two months they'll be power creeped the gently caress out by broken EMEm and pendulum bullshit anyway.

Gotta learn and build something new for the regional now, poo poo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They're killing off EVERYTHING to make people buy the new decks.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
well good thing I held onto mermails. looks like I'll do some experimenting with them and noden until neptabyss.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dexie posted:

They're killing off EVERYTHING to make people buy the new decks.

This.

"Buy our new Kozmo and pendulum bullshit, because you drat sure can't play anything else!"

Probably going to play, what, burning abyss? They seem the least nuked, and gently caress buying Kozmos to have them nuked in a year in the same.

E: Just noticed Graff is at 1 as well as cir at 2. So basically useless too

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 30, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tellarknights are still going to be good though, so there's that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welp, time to build Pendulum Magicians. Sorry Konami, but with limiting Graff and semi-limiting Cir, you are trying my patience.

Unless I find some rad Red Dragon meta poo poo over the next few months.

Dexie posted:

Tellarknights are still going to be good though, so there's that.

Blegh

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Play infernoid! They have a monster named after you, baal. :v:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

You know its a sorry state of affairs when the ARG banlist is appealing

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It seems I need to build that Kaiju deck sooner than expected.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Standard Konami operating procedure, they can't sell new decks if people play old decks, so limit the key cards of old decks so they're still powerful (due to being a strong archetype) but wont win any tournaments, leading to people jumping to the next new busted deck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They normally don't butcher things this much though.

Really, this close to the end of the series, they should have just let things play out on their own. Everything is going to get power creeped again when series 10 starts anyway.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Onmi posted:

Standard Konami operating procedure, they can't sell new decks if people play old decks, so limit the key cards of old decks so they're still powerful (due to being a strong archetype) but wont win any tournaments, leading to people jumping to the next new busted deck.
Why am I still playing this terrible game? I'm not having fun, I don't feel clever when I win or outsmarted when I lose. I don't feel anything about it any more.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why am I still playing this terrible game? I'm not having fun, I don't feel clever when I win or outsmarted when I lose. I don't feel anything about it any more.

I have no idea how you people could possibly stomach playing this in paper. The bans seem arbitrary and/or specifically designed to milk the playerbase of as much money as possible, they can apparently come at any time, and Yugioh cards seem kind of expensive.

I'd totally buy a PC version of Legacy of the Duelist but I guess Konami doesn't want my money.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aw. I just fought someone on DN who had a 55 card deck and was running SoRL, Great Maju Garzett, and Summoned Skull. :3:

I gave him the win and a couple tips for making his deck into a halfway competent stall deck (mostly 'cut out your big monsters, run Marshmallon and Spirit Reaper', didn't want to overwhelm the poor kid), since he was probably like 12. Reminds me of when I first played, before I got bitter and jaded.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hellsau posted:

I have no idea how you people could possibly stomach playing this in paper. The bans seem arbitrary and/or specifically designed to milk the playerbase of as much money as possible, they can apparently come at any time, and Yugioh cards seem kind of expensive.

I'd totally buy a PC version of Legacy of the Duelist but I guess Konami doesn't want my money.

The bans are rarely arbitrary. Shaddols, as fun as they are, were one of the top tier decks. But it's certainly banlist by design. They make overpowered archetypes like Qli and Nekroz, who can't reasonably be beaten, so if you want to play competitively you must be playing these decks. Then you hit their key cards, which they know are the key cards because THEY MADE THEM. And then they release the next set with the next broken archetype, which they KNOW is broken and will go to the top of the tournament.

You cannot play Yugioh competitively unless it's a passion, since there's little to no prize money involved and you'll have to buy into entirely new archetypes. I can't imagine playing it offline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

Is this OC? Because a yugioh memes page just came up on my facebook with this.

• Locked thread