Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

In Training posted:

It's a robot. Nothing to see here, move along

or..... is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

it is.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I think in an interview or back at E3 Yoko Taro said something about the sequel not having any of the same characters. I might be remembering that wrong or maybe it was mistranslated but there you go. Also that trailer is epic.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

program666 posted:

I really really like the tin can robots, also everything else about this video

Yeah they somehow look 1000x cooler than super technical realistic robots

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

apropos to nothing posted:

I think in an interview or back at E3 Yoko Taro said something about the sequel not having any of the same characters. I might be remembering that wrong or maybe it was mistranslated but there you go. Also that trailer is epic.

it seems like its quite a few years later so most of the characters except the skull kid are probably dead

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i havent played nier in like four years, time for a replay

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I have never played Nier.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

rediscover posted:

:stonk:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
Oh and by the way I think the giant robot has another robot head on his groin

program666
Aug 22, 2013

If you know what I mean

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I hope they do Bayonetta 2 thing and pack in Nier with the new one

yeah i really hope so, i have a feeling it might happen but ill still keep my eye out for a copy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

I played it earlier this year. The combat is kinda jank but the game is really good and inventive. A definite A+

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
People hated on Neil so hard at launch. I remember a critic failing at the fishing mini game for like 2 weeks so he just wrote about that and gave a bad review lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

People hated on Neil so hard at launch. I remember a critic failing at the fishing mini game for like 2 weeks so he just wrote about that and gave a bad review lol

lol i looked onm metacrtic cuz you said this

As far as being an actioner that's worthy of your time, this is not up to the standard we'd expect. In fact, it's nowhere Nier.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I guess I could understand disliking him during launch, maybe he was being cocky or making the rest of the crew nervous with jokes about the ship blowing up but come on, the man was the first human to walk on the moon.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Ahhh.. piss... cmon autocorrect making me look like a drat fool over here :eng99:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

You were a fool long before auto correct even existed.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/03/nier-review-fail/

Professional gamer and editor of now-defunct joystiq's fishing rage video

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i really like how much she seems to control like raiden, with the dashing between enemies in combat and even a similar looking sprint

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

IGN dinged it for the graphics because IGN has been an onion-style parody site since at least 2002.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i really like how much she seems to control like raiden, with the dashing between enemies in combat and even a similar looking sprint

it's gonna be awesome

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

no they will not posted:

Can't wait for the platinum-developed sequel to alpha protocol

oh mama

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They're making a Nier sequel? omg.

god bless imp zone for showing me this

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
fishing minigames are the worst minigames

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

*hype meter dial ticks to 1 simultaneously as eyebrow raises*

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Relin posted:

ive read nier was a horrible grindfest and collectathon, c/d

Can confirm Nier is a Japanese game.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

it later turned out he was fishing at the wrong point due to not noticing the quest marker in a totally different place so he quit the game a couple hours in and gave it a butthurt video review

#polygon

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpfjhSFa_c0

video that may or may not have been posted already

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Relin posted:

fishing minigames are the worst minigames

the fishing in both mana khemia are pretty cool, specially the one in MK2, also the one on Torchlight is pretty harmless

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

I've never heard of Nier until today, but I love Platinum Games. I 100%ed Bayonetta 2. Definitely going to give this game a shot.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

I'm expecting some kind of plot twist where the androids are actually human because the setup sounds incredibly similar to... well you know

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this is bayonetta 3

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

this is bayonetta 3

Sold.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

it later turned out he was fishing at the wrong point due to not noticing the quest marker in a totally different place so he quit the game a couple hours in and gave it a butthurt video review

#polygon

To be fair that was an intentional gag on the game's part (pretty much all the quests gently caress over the player or make them feel bad, and I love that), but it's still loving shameful that it took him so long and still not get it when even my thickest friends only fell for it for like, 20-30 minutes

i liked the first desert quest where it sounds like an easy beginner quest where the guy says "find me....this fruit, that is big and green and striped, I can't figure out its name", you buy it from a nearby vendor thinking "hurr hurr im so smart at games" and the reward is way less than the cost to buy the fruit in the first place

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

I hope they do Bayonetta 2 thing and pack in Nier with the new one

i hope this happens bc i never played nier before. i like the grungy look of the world.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope there are still stories in the weapon description and one of them vaguely describes a sickly young girl who succumbed to her rapidly failing health amidst a town that slowly went insane from some unknown affliction.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It'd be nice if Yonah is still alive by the time Automata happens, but that's highly unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SM64Guy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIUaVTDLdG0 here's a crappy quality video, looks great

i' m glad the bulgarian chanter women from the gits movie have another job

• Locked thread