Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Dont redraft or keep Stefon Diggs next year. He is this year's Charles Johnson who is last year's Cordarelle Patterson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

TommyGun85 posted:

Dont redraft or keep Stefon Diggs next year. He is this year's Charles Johnson who is last year's Cordarelle Patterson.
It's a little early to make this kind of statement about Diggs, especially when you're comparing him to completely different receivers. So far he looks like a solid mid-round hit for the Vikings.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Tiptoes posted:

It's a little early to make this kind of statement about Diggs, especially when you're comparing him to completely different receivers. So far he looks like a solid mid-round hit for the Vikings.

im basing it solely on me having drafted johnson this year and patterson last year.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
12-team :smug:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I mean, if we're bragging I traded JMatt and Hill for Alshon.

My keepers next year are Alshon in the 9th and Dion in the 14th :getin:

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
Dion Lewis is active... Play him in non-PPR? This looks like a prime game for him over Blount unless his injury holds him back.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Boon posted:

I'm looking at this week's matchups I'm wondering what you guys think for WR and Flex in 1 PPR league:

DeAndre Hopkins
TY Hilton
Donte Moncrief - Flex
Martavis Bryant
Allen Hurns
Gary Barnidge

I hate, hate trying to decide between Hilton and Moncrief so I usually play both and it works out well because Luck has to throw to somebody as he plays from behind.

Any thoughts?

Also, I've offered Barnridge and Bryant for Doug Martin or the same for Gurley, what your thoughts on that?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Boon posted:

Any thoughts?

Also, I've offered Barnridge and Bryant for Doug Martin or the same for Gurley, what your thoughts on that?

I would start Bryant instead of Hopkins, if only to avoid the possibility that Luck continues to be a poo poo show and tanks 2/3 of your starting WRs.

Trade for Gurley, no question.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Boon posted:

Any thoughts?

Bryant is your best WR and Barnridge is the best and most consistent TE at a position that's not dependable. I would keep them. Its not worth what your giving up.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

:lol: on what loving planet is Bryant a better WR than Hopkins?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

One of the better ones, whatever, you know what I mean.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Bryant is the #2 on a potent Steelers passing attack though... Hilton is the #1 on what should be a potent Colts passing attack...

Also, I'm really confused. There is no way I'm sitting Hopkins for Bryant, Hopkins is the #1 WR in the league. I think the question is more, should Bryant start over either Hilton or Moncrief, and if so, who? It's hard to pick between Hilton and Moncrief, and together it's hard to go wrong since they're the #1 and #2 on a pass first offense that will usually play from behind.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

I would start Bryant instead of Hopkins, if only to avoid the possibility that Luck continues to be a poo poo show and tanks 2/3 of your starting WRs.

What??

E: You know, he probably meant Hilton not Hopkins :)

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Yes, what? Don't listen to Don, he is drunk.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah but the Colts are a hot mess and Luck is playing terribly this year. I don't trust them at all right now plus they're playing Carolina who's held every team to 23 and under.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Play Hopkins, Hilton, and Bryant and trade Barnidge for Gurley AND Martin. See? Simple.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

Whoops wtf, I meant Moncrief, not Hopkins. All hail thine Target King

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Dynasty startup, 1 PPR 2RB 2WR 2flex

My David Johnson for his Jeremy Langford and Rashad Greene. What do y'all think?

My team:
Carr, Eli, Johnny Manziel
L. Bell, AP, Ingram, David Johnson, Knile Davis, Artis-Payne, Mike Davis, Orleans Darkwa
Jordan Matthews, Landry, Charles Johnson, Quick, Huff, Hardy, Shorts, Royal, Bruce Ellington, Kamar Aiken, Ted Ginn, Rishard Matthews
Martellus Bennet, Gavin Escobar

I feel like I need a strong WR to join Landry as auto-starts but he just has Allen Robinson, Hopkins and Watkins and he doesn't want to part with any of them. He also has Moncrief and Adams who I may try to ask for. Maybe even Josh Gordon (oh god why)...

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

All right I can't handle Tannehill as my QB anymore.

I am dick at trades. Is this fair?

My Team

His Team

I'm thinking

My: Stefon Diggs
His: Ben Roethlisberger

Thoughts?

Edit: I don't have D/ST because mine from last week was MIA and I noped out of that this morning and have a waiver claim on PHI and ATL.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

OxySnake posted:

My Team

His Team

I'm thinking

Thoughts?

Edit: I don't have D/ST because mine from last week was MIA and I noped out of that this morning and have a waiver claim on PHI and ATL.

Top 5 QB for a waiver wire add, sounds fair.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Psikotik posted:

Yeah. He'd probably give up rivers easier

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Psikotik posted:

Just to play devil's advocate, tons of people think Diggs is a WR2 now and are believers, so trading a QB that's been hurt all year when you already have a top 3 QB in Rivers is an easy accept. Bring a waiver add has nothing to do with current value, unless you think he shouldn't take Freeman or Lewis for Ben.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
Just got offered a trade from a 2-5 team, I'm 5-2 and leery of making any changes. We start 3 wr and 2 rbs with 1 flex. Yahoo standard.

Give
Robert woods (buf WR)
Keenan Allen

Get
Eddie lacy
Travis Benjamin

I have (current lineup for bye)

Big Ben
Antonio Brown
Ty Hilton
Keenan Allen
Mark Ingram
Danny Woodhead
Delanie walker
Hauschka
Flex: LaFell

Bench
Fitzpatrick
Bradshaw
Yeldon
Robert woods

Yahoo says it's a great trade for me.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Well, being in second place in my league was fun, but it all ends this week.

Down 40 points and it's only Thursday.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Twelve by Pies posted:

Down 40 points and it's only Thursday.

Started a thursday player in your flex. :negative:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
A snafu is occurring in my league. One of the only trades so far this season.

Team A gives: Eddie Lacy
Team B gives: Dion Lewis, Martavis Bryant.

In a 16team 1ppr is this collusion, fleecing, or a strategic move?

I'm of the opinion that Team B is making a sale, and overpaying. Not collusion, and not fleecing. It's not veto worthy.

Thoughts?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thank you based god Tom Brady.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blimpkin posted:

Not collusion, and not fleecing. It's not veto worthy.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Blimpkin posted:

A snafu is occurring in my league. One of the only trades so far this season.

Team A gives: Eddie Lacy
Team B gives: Dion Lewis, Martavis Bryant.

In a 16team 1ppr is this collusion, fleecing, or a strategic move?

I'm of the opinion that Team B is making a sale, and overpaying. Not collusion, and not fleecing. It's not veto worthy.

Thoughts?

Not veto worthy and Team A is fleecing B. Especially in 16 team.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Not veto worthy and Team A is fleecing B. Especially in 16 team.

That's what I thought and voted accordingly. Lacy is bad right now but I guess still holds value.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Blimpkin posted:

Thoughts?

Seems like a pretty normal trade. Definitely not veto worthy in any way.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Is it safe to drop Golden Tate for Blake Bortles (as my backup QB)?

1PPR, my wide receivers are: D. Thomas, S. Smith Sr., P. Garcon, Marvin Jones and Golden Tate

As you can imagine, I have much better depth at RB and don't want to drop anyone at that position

I also have J. Witten and G. Barnidge, but I want to hold onto both of them, especially if Romo comes back and Barnidge goes cold

My starting QB is Matt Ryan

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Blimpkin posted:

That's what I thought and voted accordingly. Lacy is bad right now but I guess still holds value.

I think Lacy is going to get moving once it gets colder but goddamn, in a 16 team where good players are so scarce that guy turned a bust (so far) into a really good PPR back and a deep threat who's going to be open a lot down the field.

E:

Duro posted:

Is it safe to drop Golden Tate for Blake Bortles (as my backup QB)?

1PPR, my wide receivers are: D. Thomas, S. Smith Sr., P. Garcon, Marvin Jones and Golden Tate

As you can imagine, I have much better depth at RB and don't want to drop anyone at that position

I also have J. Witten and G. Barnidge, but I want to hold onto both of them, especially if Romo comes back and Barnidge goes cold

My starting QB is Matt Ryan
Drop Witten.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Was just offered give Lynch
Get Rivers, Dion Lewis

Stafford is my QB, and my other RBs are C Johnson and Yeldon and who cares.

WR is Hopkins/Jeffery/Hilton

Not PPR.

Thoughts?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Non-PPR? Eh, probably not worth it.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Sheeple posted:

Just got offered a trade from a 2-5 team, I'm 5-2 and leery of making any changes. We start 3 wr and 2 rbs with 1 flex. Yahoo standard.

Give
Robert woods (buf WR)
Keenan Allen

Get
Eddie lacy
Travis Benjamin

I have (current lineup for bye)

Big Ben
Antonio Brown
Ty Hilton
Keenan Allen
Mark Ingram
Danny Woodhead
Delanie walker
Hauschka
Flex: LaFell

Bench
Fitzpatrick
Bradshaw
Yeldon
Robert woods

Yahoo says it's a great trade for me.

id take it

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

OxySnake posted:

My Team

His Team

I'm thinking

Thoughts?

He countered,

My: Hill
His: Roethlisberger

That seems like top much for a 14 team league.

Ideas?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

TommyGun85 posted:

diggs has actually produced during an NFL season whereas Cord Patt and Charles Johnson are nobodies who Silva hyped up so he could make other managers overdraft them (like reuben randle and percy harvin). You could say Diggs is next year's Sammy Watkins and that might end up being accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Jeremy Hill is poo poo amd you should probably take that

• Locked thread