Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Tarrytown doesn't have 9 tracks, it barely has 4. Also the real station isn't as palatial as the shows.

Also the show needs to shoot more stock footage of the Tappan Zee, there's almost no trace of the new bridge they're building right next to it.

Then again, if they made the show any more accurate, nobody would watch it because the real Sleepy Hollow / Tarrytown is super boring and not as expansive as the show suggests.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Just a heads up. Audible has a reading of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with Tom Mison narrating. I listened to the first 20 or so minutes and he does a pretty good job. I'm going to save the rest for a late night run through the woods.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Casimir Radon posted:

Just a heads up. Audible has a reading of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with Tom Mison narrating. I listened to the first 20 or so minutes and he does a pretty good job. I'm going to save the rest for a late night run through the woods.

Oh poo poo, that's next on my list then

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I think they gave it away for free last year; it's a pretty decent reading. Mison's dulcet tones could make a phone book interesting.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
http://tvline.com/2015/10/13/bones-sleepy-hollow-crossover-photo-ichabod-brennan/?sf14096278=1

lol its just so, this can't be anything other that really really bad. Bones is a guilty pleasure of mine, but i fully know it's really poo poo.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
"Leftenant, er......was this woman's mother, perhaps, given to drink whilst carrying her?"

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Wow of course it's Jack the Ripper! Makes so much sense!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Dongattack posted:

http://tvline.com/2015/10/13/bones-sleepy-hollow-crossover-photo-ichabod-brennan/?sf14096278=1

lol its just so, this can't be anything other that really really bad. Bones is a guilty pleasure of mine, but i fully know it's really poo poo.

Um, how about pure hilarity tyvm
How will a man from the past interact with a robot who barely passes the Turing test

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Awwww. And uh-oh.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
drat Abbie, police brutality much?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So far I think the all-MOTW approach is running into a problem where, yeah, Abbie and Ichabod are still great, but the main plots are just dull.

It's missing something without the grand colonial conspiracies.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Postal Parcel posted:

drat Abbie, police brutality much?

Hey, he wasn't unarmed. Just bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
Nice tribute... styling this Pandora as tribute/throwback to Louise Brooks in Pabst's "Pandora's Box" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0018737/

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Oh god, british teeth next week!
AND SLEEPY BONES IN 2 WEEKS!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I do miss Orlando Jones but this is a much improved season so far. What happened to the new old sheriff though?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
^Sucked into a convenient plot hole, to be spat out....somewhere, sometime, maybe. *shrug*

Anyway, wonder if they'll come back to Crane's adventures in Plasmodium later on; from what I've read it's not possible to actually 'cure' malaria so much as to stop an episode and make the parasite go dormant again.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is Headless back yet?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Real talk where is he

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Valeyard posted:

Real talk where is he

He got stolen and murdered by Pandora in the season opener in order to make her fear monster.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

He got stolen and murdered by Pandora in the season opener in order to make her fear monster.

Pandora is hot at least

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also the trailer at the end of episode 1 looked like it showed the actual Grim Reaper, I would be on board with that.

Bring back Franklenstein.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Wow
So Ichabod is a gamer now. WTF Sleepy Hollow, you better have him experience CoD shittalk

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
He started gaming in season 2 or even late season 1----Abbie walked in on him complaining that some kid with 420 in his username 'fragged' him.

Edit: oh my god Ichabod stop

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 23, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ichabod- terrible with children.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh god they're going to drag him to an orthodontist and then reenact David After Dentist, aren't they?

Also anyone else get the idea that Zoe and Pandora are the same person? I don't know if this was directly spelled out somewhere and I'm just dumb or if it's a clever red herring but it seems like they're leading that direction....

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 23, 2015

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Oop, Katrina has just been retconned. Sorry witchgirl, you have been replaced
e:

Astrofig posted:

Oh god they're going to drag him to an orthodontist and then reenact David After Dentist, aren't they?

SPeak of the devil

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It's over there by my codiciiiiiilllll...

EDIT: I'm adorable!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Excuse me while I die of laughing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Holy poo poo, Ichabod's magic trick. Seems that they brought in Betsy when they realized that they killed off Katrina too soon.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Because the show wasn't nearly white enough, apparently.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Astrofig posted:

Because the show wasn't nearly white enough, apparently.

Man, of all the shows to accuse of this, you've chosen the wrong one.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Up until this episode the main cast roll was:

Crane
Abby
Jenny
Betsy Ross
Pandora

of the 5: 4 women (2 WOC)

add in Joe Corbin and Abby's boss, which sorta balances men to women to almost 50/50.

This is an interesting anomaly for a straight up action adventure show that wasn't really going for a specific audience either.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Sober posted:

Up until this episode the main cast roll was:

Crane
Abby
Jenny
Betsy Ross
Pandora

of the 5: 4 women (2 WOC)

add in Joe Corbin and Abby's boss, which sorta balances men to women to almost 50/50.

This is an interesting anomaly for a straight up action adventure show that wasn't really going for a specific audience either.

Depending on how nitpicky you want to be about cultural and racial identities, according to IMDB, Shannyn Sossamon (Pandora) has native Hawaiian and Filipino heritage. Sleepy Hollow is also one of few network shows where the lead actress is black.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Tonight on Sleepy Hollow, the gang battles a child predator

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
HOLY poo poo IS PANDORA SHANNYN SOSSAMON!? I didn't even recognize her

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's unnerving how much Nikki Reed looks like Meghan Markle from certain angles on this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Frostwerks posted:

I do miss Orlando Jones but this is a much improved season so far. What happened to the new old sheriff though?

They don't work with the town sheriff's office anymore so there's no reason for her to be around.

Something that bugs me about this season is that Abbie's FBI career is kind of wonky. It was just six months between seasons and I guess that was enough to completely go through training?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

They don't work with the town sheriff's office anymore so there's no reason for her to be around.

Something that bugs me about this season is that Abbie's FBI career is kind of wonky. It was just six months between seasons and I guess that was enough to completely go through training?

It's mentioned that Ichabod was gone for 9 months, not 6 FWIW.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

It's mentioned that Ichabod was gone for 9 months, not 6 FWIW.
Still that's a really short amount of time to get established in an organization. Not so much Abbie, but her friend rose really quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Sleepy Hollow / Bones, the crossover nobody asked for.

• Locked thread