Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Finally beat it. Looked up info and found people were doing it in first person and that made it possible. No way I'm doing the AR for those. They don't count towards the 100% for the ending right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe now WB will take away all the batmans funding and funnel it into a better Mordor game instead. incredible how previous reviews are now "pre release"

ExCruceLeo posted:

Anyone want to remote plAy my ps4 copy and beat the last riddler race? gently caress that piece of poo poo.

lol that race was one of the worst loving things I've ever done in any game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

MinibarMatchman posted:

maybe now WB will take away all the batmans funding and funnel it into a better Mordor game instead. incredible how previous reviews are now "pre release"

Or another Mad Max, that was pretty fun.

Zat posted:

Based on this:

I'd say you'd be fine. I have a 2500k and a 2GB GTX 680, and after today's update the game runs without without any apparent issues. Before today, it was terrible in every way.

Oh cool, maybe it'll be on a decent sale by the time I finish up Fallout :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I assume those free games will be giftable if you already own copies (which of course I do), if not that would be a pretty dick move.

Luckily the game ran fine for me so I was already able to beat it, but it's nice to finally get the DLC content too.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It's nice to finally get the DLC, it's a shame so much of it is stuff I don't give a crap about like skins and Batmobile junk, but at least there's more replay value now without having to resort to swapping save files around. Now all that's left to hope for is that at least one of the upcoming story DLCs actually last longer than 10 minutes.

ExCruceLeo posted:

Finally beat it. Looked up info and found people were doing it in first person and that made it possible. No way I'm doing the AR for those. They don't count towards the 100% for the ending right?
Thankfully no, all the AR stuff just get you extra upgrade points and leaderboard e-cred.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Does everyone who has Arkham Knight in their library get the free stuff, or only those who bought it through Steam?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Jesus, the riddler mobile is some weak effort poo poo. Still no joker mobile.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

Does everyone who has Arkham Knight in their library get the free stuff, or only those who bought it through Steam?

From briefly checking the Steam forums, everyone will get the old games regardless of whether they bought Arkham Knight from Steam, but they don't actually go out until december.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Game still runs like complete rear end, lol.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I have embraced how many household chores I can accomplish while the game launches.

edit:
"Batman: Arkham Knight today has seen no further improvements from its interim patch back in September."

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 29, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Game still runs like complete rear end, lol.

How is this a surprise? Their "10/28 Patch Notes" mention jack poo poo about performance improvements and only mention how all DLC is now available on the PC platform.

E: Looks like they caved and removed the "Pre-release Review" tags from all pre-10/28 reviews.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 29, 2015

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Snuffman posted:

12GB of RAM on Windows 10 to make it playable.

Windows 7 users, reboot when it starts acting up.

Really?

I mean, I must be lucky in that I have a graphics card that was unaffected by the Windows 7 problem cited, but that's still an insane response. They're basically saying, "yup, its broken, buy better hardware".

Eh, it runs fines for me in Win 10 with 8 gigs, but I'm one of the lucky people who never really had any problems, plus I have a 980 Ti and no HDD (just SSDs), so my experience may not be typical.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Presto posted:

Eh, it runs fines for me in Win 10 with 8 gigs, but I'm one of the lucky people who never really had any problems, plus I have a 980 Ti and no HDD (just SSDs), so my experience may not be typical.

If you couldn't run every game at smooth 60 FPS with that video card I would be extremely worried.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I'm not real clear on why anybody wants to play with the Harley skin where she looks like a loving blow up doll.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CuwiKhons posted:

I'm not real clear on why anybody wants to play with the Harley skin where she looks like a loving blow up doll.

That kind of limits the costume options to "none" for her though.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

ImpAtom posted:

That kind of limits the costume options to "none" for her though.

The costume she's got in the main game doesn't look great but the one she's got in the Batgirl DLC makes her look like she's literally made of plastic. It's really bad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CuwiKhons posted:

Because some of those people probably want to stare at her pixelated rear end.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I am one of the lucky ones for whom the PC version has always run, but I feel like the graphics quality actually declined with the most recent patch. Am I imagining things? Thanks patch for randomly turning all graphics options to low!

Also, some of the DLC skins are really loving ugly. I'm looking at you, 1960s catwoman with the atrocious jutting chin and lips.

l33t b4c0n fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 29, 2015

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Andrast posted:

If you couldn't run every game at smooth 60 FPS with that video card I would be extremely worried.

Based on the whining on the Steam forums you should be extremely worried.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Anybody got a link to a 90% or 100% save file? I already beat the game on the console a long time ago, but I am waaaaayyy too lazy to do the Ace Chemicals poo poo and I just want the AR challenges unlocked.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

l33t b4c0n posted:

Also, some of the DLC skins are really loving ugly. I'm looking at you, 1960s catwoman with the atrocious jutting chin and lips.

It's accurate to the actress from the show.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

CuwiKhons posted:

The costume she's got in the main game doesn't look great but the one she's got in the Batgirl DLC makes her look like she's literally made of plastic. It's really bad.
All I've seen are screenshots but yikes. Then again I need to see it in motion.

But then again manchildren who take so much pride in growing up with TAS that saying anything against it is sacrilege.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Digital Foundry re-release analysis up:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-re-released-batman-arkham-knight-performance-analysis

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
They still haven't fixed a bug that keeps me from finishing the game. All requirements for Knightfall complete. I activate it and bruce and alfred say their lines. No waypoint appears. According to the internet it should be on top of GCPD but nothing at all happens up there. What a broken POS.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Walrus posted:

They still haven't fixed a bug that keeps me from finishing the game. All requirements for Knightfall complete. I activate it and bruce and alfred say their lines. No waypoint appears. According to the internet it should be on top of GCPD but nothing at all happens up there. What a broken POS.

Why not just watch it on Youtube?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Pull it from Steam again! :getin:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

The Walrus posted:

I had that. You need to complete more side quests. It's a lie that Knightfall is ready.

Unless you've done everything, in which case I dunno. I did everything apart from Riddler.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm in the airships, the room with 10 patrolling militias, where Stagg is being kept in the gas cage. I save the machine gun militia dude for last like it tells me to, but I can't seem to stun him to hit him. Is it a glitch of some kind?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is there a go to ini file overhaul I can use to make this run OK on my 760?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm in the airships, the room with 10 patrolling militias, where Stagg is being kept in the gas cage. I save the machine gun militia dude for last like it tells me to, but I can't seem to stun him to hit him. Is it a glitch of some kind?

Mini gun dudes you don't stun first, you just immediately mash attack on. Once you start doing that you'll see why you had to save him for last.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

You don't have to stun minigun guys, just start hitting him. He'll do a few attacks during the beatdown that you'll have to counter.

If I remember right, you can also take him out instantly with an environmental takedown.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Peewi posted:

You don't have to stun minigun guys, just start hitting him. He'll do a few attacks during the beatdown that you'll have to counter.

If I remember right, you can also take him out instantly with an environmental takedown.
If you're lucky. Otherwise that's why you leave them for last or isolate them, because it's like a good 10-15 seconds of fighting one guy.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got multiple 50+ combos on him before he killed me, so I'll go ahead and try again, but I still think my game might be bugged.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

KingKapalone posted:

Is there a go to ini file overhaul I can use to make this run OK on my 760?

Using this utility is still probably the best bet, though I haven't tried it with the re-release version.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Using this utility is still probably the best bet, though I haven't tried it with the re-release version.

I'm (pretty) sure that dude is going to update it pretty soon to reflect the newest version of the game, so I would hold off on until he does.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NVIDIA GeForce Experience suggested new game settings for me after the patch - everything set on low :laugh:

I still count myself lucky the game ran perfectly fine for me on release, I had a ton of fun playing the game and the only really sour note was how obviously forced the Batmobile sections were (especially early game). But this PC release has been an utter disaster, I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I was one of the many people who the game was basically unplayable for... and it's STILL not fixed.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Yeah, it's loving ridiculous how broken this game is. I'm able to get a steady 30 fps with everything including the Nvidia stuff maxed, but I have to set the in-game FPS to 60 and then use the Nivida Control Panel to do half-refresh rate V-sync. Using the in-game 30 fps limit gets me pretty nasty stuttering.

Also despite taking like a month to only work on implementing DLC none of the DLC achievements work aside from the Batgirl ones.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Discendo Vox posted:

It's accurate to the actress from the show.

I think the problem I meant is that the 1960s Catwoman skin looks... off. It looks like the actress its based on, but her face literally never moves. The regular skin is at least someone emotive. It is unsettling that the 1960s skin looks like she's somehow paralyzed.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I got multiple 50+ combos on him before he killed me, so I'll go ahead and try again, but I still think my game might be bugged.

You don't beat him down. You can actually just punch him once so long as you do all the counters. The last counter knocks him out. It's a bit of a puzzle later on when you fight more than one at a time- gotta separate them, set up traps or environment attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Dogen posted:

You don't beat him down. You can actually just punch him once so long as you do all the counters. The last counter knocks him out. It's a bit of a puzzle later on when you fight more than one at a time- gotta separate them, set up traps or environment attacks.

Yeah, I finally figured that out. I figured since I can dodge his attacks pretty easily, why bother countering all those times. Then I finally gave countering a shot just because and :doh: .

• Locked thread