Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Every other time I listen to the interview in spont it's about gmos or gluten allergies

when did comedians turn into this, I hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Tarranon posted:

Every other time I listen to the interview in spont it's about gmos or gluten allergies

when did comedians turn into this, I hate it

Blame LA.

I did enjoy listening to the latest? Who Charted where the guest talks about how he wants NASA to be defunded and instead to feed all the poor people instead. When I listen to podcasts I want to hear political opinions that have not been well-thought out.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I suppose I like new format Who Charted, but that might just be because there's less guest time now.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

ManoliIsFat posted:

I suppose I like new format Who Charted, but that might just be because there's less guest time now.

How have they changed it? I haven't listened for a few months because I was getting tired of howard plugging his tour every ten seconds.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

So no more Two Charted, the do Kulap+Howard+'stard for the first half of the show, have a guest on only at the end. They just smooshed the two shows together really, a couple new songs, new intro.

I think Howie realized he needed money or something (though he seems to have a lot more work than before now) and just lines up shows ad hoc, he's jumping randomly across the country, coming back in the middle of the week. I think it's endearing when he's mindlessly and desperately plugging his latest whatever.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For all of you Hollywood Handbook completists, Sean Clements is on the latest Jon Gabrus podcast "High and Mighty". The topic is poker/gambling.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

The Ape of Naples posted:

For all of you Hollywood Handbook completists, Sean Clements is on the latest Jon Gabrus podcast "High and Mighty". The topic is poker/gambling.
And again, High And Mighty is an amazing podcast overall
Gabrus is my spirit animal

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Gabrus was on Getting Doug With
High too, if anyone wants to see that.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

High and Mighty is quickly becoming one of my favourite podcasts. I could listen to Gabrus talk poo poo for hours at this point.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

The Ape of Naples posted:

Woah you should have mentioned dierkes was on it as well

Love that guy..

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

latest hh ep hinted strongly at a future appearance of the real brandon content, presumably played by pft. wish real hard, everyone

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I've been listening to old eps of HH, not in order, just picking guests I liked and then guests I didn't know (and now guests I didn't think I would like). I don't really like Jason Nash but his episode was amazing, I died when they were talking about PFT, TJ, and DC who all crush puss. "Oh and Demetri Martin"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Eric the Paid Intern man on the street clip in this week's I4H is just transcendent. First the guy insults the Clintons (Which you know Besser loves,) and then...Eric makes the most incredible transition from talking about traffic on the 405 I've ever heard.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

The Eric the Paid Intern man on the street clip in this week's I4H is just transcendent. First the guy insults the Clintons (Which you know Besser loves,) and then...Eric makes the most incredible transition from talking about traffic on the 405 I've ever heard.

Yeah I dip in and out of I4H and was glad I caught this episode.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Please, always make a post here when Eric's on I4H. That guy's solid gold.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

That guy's solid gold.
Unlike the story out of the 9-11 Commission.

(The scene that comes outta that so great, Matt Besser Interview School)

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 24, 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I was listening to the "Thank God It's (the) Guardians of the Galaxy Original Soundtrack" podcast and it occurred to me that some people may not have heard it. Fix that.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/t-g-i-g-o-t-g-ost/

ooga chaka ooga ooga ooga chaka

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

ooga chaka ooga ooga ooga chaka

Who is that guy?!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

latest hh ep hinted strongly at a future appearance of the real brandon content, presumably played by pft. wish real hard, everyone
Wishes CAN come true!!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
holy poo poo are they going to keep cutting Paul off the entire episode hahahahahaha

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Some episodes of HH have a good intro but okay guest, sometimes the vice is versa

And sometimes...it's the best of both worlds, baby

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Fireworks. Immortality.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

don't be a plate or table if you watch this film

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I love you Brandon Content.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My brother legit had leukemia and I have no idea what to say about this ep to him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That he's got a friend in PFT despite no talent in improv. Seriously great epi of HH.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I really want this talentless leukemia patient ep of Spont to happen.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the last 30 minutes had some of the most brilliant, delirious (heh) podcast moments i've heard in a while

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Homework Explainer posted:

the last 30 minutes had some of the most brilliant, delirious (heh) podcast moments i've heard in a while

"Leatherman's dry. Leatherman's organs are dry. I like the human with the wet organ."

Best episode in a while. Birdman is such an easy target but that didn't make their extended takedown any less funny. Same with Raw.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

The Mars man! Suck my rear end in a top hat Neil Armstrong!! I need to science the dick outta this!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i've been listening to the mars man bit on loop for like five minutes

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
lmao at HH

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

"Joe has this story where his weiner gets all tangled up in the brain wires" Joe killing it with the bad pluralization, loving up subject verb agreement, "it's been a while"s...spectacular ep.

Sean's memory of Raw is amazing.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 29, 2015

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Hahah the Eddie Murphy bit

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

A frickin' wine nanny

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

hey you guys wanna feel old? wanna feel old?

krampus hasn't even come out yet

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That Harry's ad was the best podcast ad I've ever hard.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I just listened to the June and Paul episode of Eugene Corderos new podcast You Know Me. It's...amazing. June is in top form, and they end up getting everything wrong in the most hilarious way.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

If anyone's not sold on Doughboys, this week's episode has a story about when someone barfed on Mike Mitchell's rear end on an American Airlines flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah I should definitely check that out.

My favourite Mike Mitchell story that I've heard on another podcast was when he was a working on some show and had to take a poo poo in the office late at night when he thought nobody was there. He was sitting on the toilet and the motion sensor lights went out. He waved his arms and nothing happened. He stood up and waved his arms. Still nothing. He opened the stall door, walked out into the main section of the bathroom waving his hands in the air with his pants around his ankles. That's the moment somebody else walked in and the lights came on.