Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xae
Jan 19, 2005

LemonAIDS posted:

Uhhg, Logan. I'm new to the game and have only played a significant amount on my Sylvari necromancer and I haaate Logan. In the HoT story, when I was given the choice of saving Zojja or Logan, I couldn't have selected Zojja faster

I was very disappointed that Logan didn't die.

I wanted it to happen so badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I have how with how they left that off. It's still possible

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Oh fun, I was doing the crazy cocktower jumping puzzle, game crashed, now it's giving me errors trying to log back in.

Hope i'm not stuck in the mad kings realm for a year like that one rear end in a top hat npc keeps whining about!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kassad posted:

It would apparently be even slower on a normal hard drive.

welp :haw:

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Please tell me trahearne dies, painfully if possible.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

brainSnakes posted:

Oh fun, I was doing the crazy cocktower jumping puzzle, game crashed, now it's giving me errors trying to log back in.

Hope i'm not stuck in the mad kings realm for a year like that one rear end in a top hat npc keeps whining about!

Yeah, just crashed on me after like 15 minutes in a story instance, and can't get back in. Can't wait to do that all over again!

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

LemonAIDS posted:

Uhhg, Logan. I'm new to the game and have only played a significant amount on my Sylvari necromancer and I haaate Logan. In the HoT story, when I was given the choice of saving Zojja or Logan, I couldn't have selected Zojja faster

No lie, I really wanted a "neither" option. Extra wanted a "neither and throw Taimi in there too" option.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Rakeris posted:

Please tell me trahearne dies, painfully if possible.

yes. You euthanize him. And you even get his cool caladbolg sword. It's broken and 1handed though.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Cool, i'm back in.

So, now that i've realized the tower isn't a daily locked thing, i'm pretty good at it, and it's a fun easy way for me to farm empyreal fragments, i've got a question.

Is it worth selling my redundant halloween skins now, or hanging on to try and sell them for more money like half a year from now? i'm bad at auction house baron stuff.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

If you don't have GW2 installed on an SSD I feel sorry for you. RIP.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

LemonAIDS posted:

yes. You euthanize him. And you even get his cool caladbolg sword. It's broken and 1handed though.

Even better!

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Is there a timed 'Halloween' event type event on the 31st? (ie one of those ones where you have to be logged in at a certain time/day to see?) Or is the stuff that is there now all there is? I couldn't seen any 'end' date on the site that outlined the event details - does it normally end on the 1st Nov? I missed the last 2 years. I've also made mad bank selling bags from labyrinth raids and more mad bank from weapons I got from the stack I opened. Yay. Now I can get from 450 crafting to 455 crafting in artificer.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cyron posted:

Don't worry he did a 180 about how Anet caved to metric critic ad compared it to holding people hostage. also he want on about how the story was so terrible he lost faith in anet.

Wait, where was that? The video I saw that he put out today included him characterizing the story as a generic story told very well, which he said was the opposite of the vanilla GW2 story (a sprawling and cool story told very poorly). Did he post some grog on Reddit or something?

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's seriously worth it dude, in every way, it will blow your mind even the first time you boot up Windows with one. Get a Samsung 850 EVO, they seem to be regularly on sale everywhere and are excellent.

I appreciate the recommendation. Maybe I'll put off getting that hilariously expensive whisky advent calendar and get an SSD instead. :v:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Harrow posted:

I appreciate the recommendation. Maybe I'll put off getting that hilariously expensive whisky advent calendar and get an SSD instead. :v:

Do it. I recently upgraded and its so loving good, goddamn. It's one of the night and day improvements, like getting a laser mouse (shatap, I'm old. :v: ) to replace a ball one, or buying a second monitor and realizing how much more stuff you can multitask.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'generic story told very well' probably sums up the HoT story well enough. nothing that happens is going to be a huge surprise, but overall it's tightly constructed and makes going through the missions fun enough.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

'generic story told very well'

My observations support a 'generic & poorly written story made tolerable by fun missions' stance.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Wait, where was that? The video I saw that he put out today included him characterizing the story as a generic story told very well, which he said was the opposite of the vanilla GW2 story (a sprawling and cool story told very poorly). Did he post some grog on Reddit or something?

I don't know about this specific thing, but I tried to watch the guy once on twitch a couple of days ago and he was going on and on about how whiny everyone is and why HoT isn't overtuned but in fact undertuned and everyone's just a big baby. The guy even managed to complain that the new meta events are more-or-less doable in PUGs/map chat and he wished it would require a coordinated guild effort. What's that? Content for non-poopsockers? Not his fault you're a filthy casual :smuggo: He has a bunch of good videos on youtube, but I guess they're more informative and less opinion-y than his streams.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Your Computer posted:

I don't know about this specific thing, but I tried to watch the guy once on twitch a couple of days ago and he was going on and on about how whiny everyone is and why HoT isn't overtuned but in fact undertuned and everyone's just a big baby. The guy even managed to complain that the new meta events are more-or-less doable in PUGs/map chat and he wished it would require a coordinated guild effort. What's that? Content for non-poopsockers? Not his fault you're a filthy casual :smuggo: He has a bunch of good videos on youtube, but I guess they're more informative and less opinion-y than his streams.

dont watch his videos about anything that isn't lore or cut content p much

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pre HP patch: There is no way I can get more than one elite with my play schedule.

Post HP patch: I could get a few in fairly easy but now I can't decide!

First. World. Problem.

That being said, the Guild halls are gorgeous and I'm finally getting good groups for HoT content. Herald may wait, Reaper calls to me.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I made a new outfit for my ranger I went when a blue/gold/white dye set up I'm really happy with it tell me what you think goons! I don't remember what every armor piece is but I can get them if anyone want them.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Inzombiac posted:

Pre HP patch: There is no way I can get more than one elite with my play schedule.

Post HP patch: I could get a few in fairly easy but now I can't decide!

First. World. Problem.

That being said, the Guild halls are gorgeous and I'm finally getting good groups for HoT content. Herald may wait, Reaper calls to me.

the HP change is genuinely really great and i'm glad that anet caved to the ~filthy casuals~. it still takes a little bit of effort, but not that much depending on what you do.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the HP change is genuinely really great and i'm glad that anet caved to the ~filthy casuals~. it still takes a little bit of effort, but not that much depending on what you do.

It's 250 total, right?
My favorite classes have world completion or close to it so it's not going to be dreadful. Looking around, a level 80 could go get all the HP in Tyria without much of an issue. Jogging to the waypoints would be more annoying.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you can also go into wvw and have those heroic proof things thrown at you. with the changes to the borderlands there's few reasons NOT to mess around in wvw occasionally.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I always forget W3 unless I want to mindlessly level an alt. Now I guess I have reason to!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

something to note is that the chests that contain the hero point things that you get on rank up aren't character-bound. the hero point things are, though. unfortunately, the chests don't stack. buuuuut, if you can deal with that bank-wise, you can transfer them to other characters that need the points more.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Things I like in the expansion.

- Backtracking to areas you've been and finding new places or shortcuts because you unlocked new travel methods.
- Better cutscenes and fancy depth of view blur, talking coming from your character as he walks around instead of that dumb little 2 character cutscene with no music, good in-engine cutscenes and moving concept drawing cutscenes.
- Consume All button for luck stacks.

On another note, has anyone given tempest much of a try? it sorta looks underwhelming and I'd have to give up another trait line full of good stuff like fire air water.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 30, 2015

OurLivesOnline
Nov 5, 2009

let's be friends

Boy I sure am glad Revenant made me start doing pvp in this game, look at all that esports.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

quote:

Several PvP build components have been removed in order to promote healthy gameplay:
Removed Minstrel Amulet. Anyone who has purchased this amulet will be refunded their gold.
Removed Rune of the Ogre.
Removed Rune of the Lich.
Removed Rune of the Pirate.

oh ho ho

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Someone asked earlier about the faceroll reaper build, I have death magic and reaper and god knows what else, just pick some traits and throw some minions on your bar. I have a shout on there too if that helps, I think its suffer. I assume its really easy since I don't think the mobs are overtuned, but I haven't been playing the expansion for long, and I could be in for a very rude awakening. Its all very face tanky, hell sometimes I forget I have a second weapon set.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh god the Guild Hall upgrade panel is sooo crashy :gonk:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Thanks Mesmer Asura for showing me around all the secret "unreachable" parts of Lost Precipice tonight, it's absolutely loving gorgeous and oh god I want a proper desert themed zone so bad

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I've found my load times on an SSD to average around 15 seconds for most zones but poo poo like LA still takes me about 30-45 seconds

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Guild Hall glitched out and showed some complete buildings.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Guild Hall glitched out and showed some complete buildings.

God loving dammit I JUST missed that

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
It looks a bit wonky since its two buildings in the same spot, so you can still see the ruined version in some spots. The collision was the same as the ruined buildings so I couldn't go in.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

God loving dammit I JUST missed that

A client side thing, I had it happen to me and no one else could see it, then Cletus had it. Seemed like a hybrid of the stuff being worked on and complete things.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

A client side thing, I had it happen to me and no one else could see it, then Cletus had it. Seemed like a hybrid of the stuff being worked on and complete things.

Oh man that look SO cool, ugggggggh it's gonna be so long before we get it looking like that.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh man that look SO cool, ugggggggh it's gonna be so long before we get it looking like that.

Already looks better than the other hall even like this, so it's cool.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got to try healing in a group setting when I helped a pub guild get their hall.

Works way better when people don't run from me. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Someone asked earlier about the faceroll reaper build, I have death magic and reaper and god knows what else, just pick some traits and throw some minions on your bar. I have a shout on there too if that helps, I think its suffer. I assume its really easy since I don't think the mobs are overtuned, but I haven't been playing the expansion for long, and I could be in for a very rude awakening. Its all very face tanky, hell sometimes I forget I have a second weapon set.

I switched to minions when I got tired of having to do things like think about which abilities to use and dodge, and the important parts are Blood Magic for the Vampiric minor trait, Death Magic for the obvious minion buffs (especially Death Nova), and Reaper for "Rise!".

• Locked thread